Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer

gently caress Your Website posted:

I was a little disappointed when I realized Sean was out too, but honestly Julie killed me this episode.

Is HDTGP at all entertaining if you don't know or care that much about vidyagames? I have trouble getting into #TheFlagrantOnes since I don't know or care anything about basketball, but I do like it enough to listen once I've worked my way through my weekly rotation.

I say yes. Listen to the most recent episode about Hatoful Boyfriend. There's a video game trivia-centric quiz segment at the end, but it's not that long.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I love this episode of the Flagrant Ones.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

Todays episode of Inside Conan has Andy Daly telling a rather incredible story. Definitely worth listening to.

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine

ArtVandelay posted:

Todays episode of Inside Conan has Andy Daly telling a rather incredible story. Definitely worth listening to.

Thanks, I'd been totally skipping the show

the Insane Piano
Feb 10, 2011
Can you just tell the story

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

the Insane Piano posted:

There's A LOT of backstory involved. Just listen. The podcast is really good if you've ever been interested in the people and sketches behind the scenes of the show.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

the Insane Piano posted:

About 27 minutes in Andy Daly talks about a blackface sketch they did on Conan.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Snooze Cruise posted:

I love this episode of the Flagrant Ones.

Andy Sterling is a king!

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

Thanks to summer break I am caught up with all podcasts I like. I think I have exhausted all things too try, but cannot match my love for The Boys. I am going to start listen 2 but wanted some advice. Do I start at RSS? Or Handbook? I started in that order, but don’t remember what RSS is like. I wish there was other stuff on stitcher I liked, but I guess I just stan two Kings.

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

I've really fucked it. Have I fucked it?

ArtVandelay posted:

There's A LOT of backstory involved. Just listen. The podcast is really good if you've ever been interested in the people and sketches behind the scenes of the show.

This turned out to be a pro tip. Thanks!

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
I'm so glad Natalie Morales got to tell all of her stories to the end.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Goddamn that was a loving corker of a HH.

Also, 40,000 is more than I assumed.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
"Opening my new toothbrush...We got in trouble for saying people would stick them up their butts."

Snowmankilla posted:

Thanks to summer break I am caught up with all podcasts I like. I think I have exhausted all things too try, but cannot match my love for The Boys. I am going to start listen 2 but wanted some advice. Do I start at RSS? Or Handbook? I started in that order, but don’t remember what RSS is like. I wish there was other stuff on stitcher I liked, but I guess I just stan two Kings.

If you haven't listened to RSS, it's definitely worth checking out. The same sense of humor is there more or less from the start, and you get to hear them begin to develop the "characters" of Sean and Hayes as it goes.

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

JethroMcB posted:

"Opening my new toothbrush...We got in trouble for saying people would stick them up their butts."

If you haven't listened to RSS, it's definitely worth checking out. The same sense of humor is there more or less from the start, and you get to hear them begin to develop the "characters" of Sean and Hayes as it goes.

I have listened to both, but forever ago. I might as well start there. Thanks!

Crindee
Nov 16, 2005

LOOK LIKE EMERIL
"Do you like talking to us?"
"No! Not particularly!"

Peak HH

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do
The Boys fail to note the race car dog is Kevin Costner

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

Opinions are like a$$holes....everyone has one....but mines the best!!!

gently caress Your Website posted:

I was a little disappointed when I realized Sean was out too, but honestly Julie killed me this episode.

Is HDTGP at all entertaining if you don't know or care that much about vidyagames? I have trouble getting into #TheFlagrantOnes since I don't know or care anything about basketball, but I do like it enough to listen once I've worked my way through my weekly rotation.

The Flagrant Ones is good because you really don't need to know or care about basketball to enjoy it. My problem with it is Patreon. The app is SO horrible. Certain episodes refuse to load. If you pause an episode, good luck getting it to play from where you left off. It makes it very difficult to keep up. And I paid for a couple extra months of the Ballers tier after they discontinued doing the shirts. The shirts are great....but they didn't really offer anything extra for the $25 that was continuing to be charged......and the 30 minutes of talk at the beginning of the episodes about the songs wasn't all that entertaining IMO.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do
Edit: Don't misunderstand

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I like the uncomfortable smiley in the bottom right corner, which I assume is a reaction.

I kinda hope Andy Richter is on an HH in the near future to promote his new show. I think his improv style would mesh well with Those Men.

Spraynard Kruger
May 8, 2007

RestingB1tchFace posted:

The Flagrant Ones is good because you really don't need to know or care about basketball to enjoy it. My problem with it is Patreon. The app is SO horrible. Certain episodes refuse to load. If you pause an episode, good luck getting it to play from where you left off. It makes it very difficult to keep up. And I paid for a couple extra months of the Ballers tier after they discontinued doing the shirts. The shirts are great....but they didn't really offer anything extra for the $25 that was continuing to be charged......and the 30 minutes of talk at the beginning of the episodes about the songs wasn't all that entertaining IMO.

They give you a link to an RSS feed to use in any podcast app you like, there's no reason to use theirs.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
For some reason I really really want Keith David on Hollywood Handbook.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Franchescanado posted:

I like the uncomfortable smiley in the bottom right corner, which I assume is a reaction.

I kinda hope Andy Richter is on an HH in the near future to promote his new show. I think his improv style would mesh well with Those Men.

I think he would mesh well because he might be the real life jaded Hollywood star that they satirize. Every Conan taping I've been to, he just stands at his podium by himself looking miserable and then barely says anything at the podium/couch when they're taping.

I'm sure he's a nice guy, but it's got to suck knowing you left Late Night to try and become a star and then 9 years later after 3 failed sitcoms, you fallback on being a well-paid sidekick with little creative fulfillment.

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

WerthersWay posted:

sidekick with little creative fulfillment.

he would have a lot of good wisdom for sean

crimedog
Apr 1, 2008

Yo, dog.
You dead, dog.
Come on guys, he has a podcast

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

WerthersWay posted:

I think he would mesh well because he might be the real life jaded Hollywood star that they satirize. Every Conan taping I've been to, he just stands at his podium by himself looking miserable and then barely says anything at the podium/couch when they're taping.

I'm sure he's a nice guy, but it's got to suck knowing you left Late Night to try and become a star and then 9 years later after 3 failed sitcoms, you fallback on being a well-paid sidekick with little creative fulfillment.

I think he's more depressed because he's recently divorced

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Terror Sweat posted:

Yeah. That CBB started off dark. It never really recovered. I appreciate his ability to make jokes about it and not seem hateful, just melancholy.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

It doesn’t help that he was always horny on twitter

https://twitter.com/guyinthereply/status/1124470491199279104

Spraynard Kruger
May 8, 2007

Hayes's punch is up: https://headgum.com/punch-up-the-jam/79-you-get-what-you-give-with-hayes-davenport

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

drat, with an all time great song, too.

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

"Did they go to Harvard?"

"I'm not sure"

"...then they didn't"

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
That joke's an all-timer, for sure.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Since everyone's got Cats fever ATM, reminder: https://www.earwolf.com/episode/cats-2/

edit: On the new Threedom, Lauren proposes they play a game that her grandma made up: Would You Rather
She seemed to have no idea that it's played on CBB, but I'd be shocked if she hasn't done it at least once, if not fifteen times.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 13:20 on Jul 19, 2019

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

That was hilarious. I think Scott may have felt legitimately wounded.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Terror Sweat posted:

Him starting a podcast makes more sense now!

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

Opinions are like a$$holes....everyone has one....but mines the best!!!

Spraynard Kruger posted:

They give you a link to an RSS feed to use in any podcast app you like, there's no reason to use theirs.

Does the stitcher app have the option for this? I'll have to look. Because the patreon app is unusable. And patreon is a giant piece of poo poo in general. I recently discovered that I did in fact switch back to the $5 ballers tier.....and it shows me as that on the flagrant ones page.....but I've been getting charged $25 a month. Sure enough....on the patreon homepage is shows me as pledging $25? WTF is wrong with these bastards?

I do love both of the shirts I got from Skyler though. Plenty of compliments on both. Really hope that there will be more in the future.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

I disagree with the premise of this podcast. Also you get what you give is the best drat song

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time
Miel has been getting worse and worse on that show and she is just awful in this episode. She's just singing the chorus in a dumb voice without actually saying why it's bad

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Really hoping that How Did This Get Played eventually cuts down on the conversations about what makes a "real game" because it has been driving me insane!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ScentOfAnOtaku
Aug 25, 2006

I have no control, I just keep eating, and eating.

Srice posted:

Really hoping that How Did This Get Played eventually cuts down on the conversations about what makes a "real game" because it has been driving me insane!

I think the producer dude needs to turn down his mic. Either all the way or a lot, cause he's really loud.

I've enjoyed the show so far, and since it actually gave me some new info on Supes64 instead of just rehashing the same old poo poo, I appreciate what it's trying to do, but I think it still needs to find it's footing.

I will say, Wiger is a joy. No matter what he does, I can't help but like it.