Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009
Plus the Cossack would lay down some sick burns on the cop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Alaois posted:

the replies to this own

e: the best is the one all the way down near the bottom that just says "Clericalism"

https://twitter.com/irishinidaho/status/1150550826877800448?s=21

At first I thought they were talking about the massive corporation that abuses its workers, but then I realized that “Amazonian Synod” probably means feminism.

walrusman
Aug 4, 2006

Way to make it sound even cooler, Twitter guy.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Jurgan posted:

https://twitter.com/irishinidaho/status/1150550826877800448?s=21

At first I thought they were talking about the massive corporation that abuses its workers, but then I realized that “Amazonian Synod” probably means feminism.

No, he means the Synod for the Amazon.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Synod_of_Bishops_for_the_Pan-Amazon_region

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Bertrand Hustle posted:

The replies I'm seeing are 90% kissing his rear end.

exactly

these people have lost their fuckin minds, it rules

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

"Take your jacket off please"
"Wait until the internet hears about this"

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

Danaru posted:

"Take your jacket off please"
"Wait until the internet hears about this"

I snorted because yeah.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Alaois posted:

exactly

these people have lost their fuckin minds, it rules

I trolled him a bit until an actual fuckin' Nazi came by to say that Israel was a safe haven for pedophiles, apropos of god-damned nothing.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
Title on Reddit

'My buddy found the thief’s todo list in his recovered stolen vehicle, as well as the thief’s jail discharge paperwork.'

StupidSexyVaultGuy
Jul 26, 2003

Captain Monkey posted:

Title on Reddit

'My buddy found the thief’s todo list in his recovered stolen vehicle, as well as the thief’s jail discharge paperwork.'

It's me.

I'm the cool bitch (friend).

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!
No time to clean my nasty as gently caress hands, there are upvotes to be had!

GreenMetalSun
Oct 12, 2012

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

wät

Enfys
Feb 17, 2013

The ocean is calling and I must go

So her writing fanfic of herself isn't just something she does in her books

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I dont know which would be worse, this hellworld or the hell world where Disney singalongs break out constantly about whatever 'woke white person' topic is trendy at the time

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
Oh that's who she is

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

How embarrassing...

It's a shame nobody could film such an unexpected heartwarming moment. I guess they had to keep their phones turned off on the plane. Wait a second...

Paladinus has a new favorite as of 13:18 on Jul 19, 2019

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

I choose to believe that story because I miss my grandma and it makes me feel good

Of course it didn't happen but we need some whimsy in hellworld

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Bertrand Hustle posted:

I choose to believe that story because I miss my grandma and it makes me feel good

Of course it didn't happen but we need some whimsy in hellworld

Whimsy is what got us here in the first place.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
Maybe it's just me but I wouldn't find that whimsical in a good way. Some people might find it cute, but the majority of the plane is going to hate everyone involved instantly. People get shouted at on flights for not shutting their baby up as it is, if people were "shriek singing" annoying disney songs I'm pretty sure a in-flight brawl would break out.

GreenMetalSun
Oct 12, 2012

yeah I eat rear end posted:

Maybe it's just me but I wouldn't find that whimsical in a good way. Some people might find it cute, but the majority of the plane is going to hate everyone involved instantly. People get shouted at on flights for not shutting their baby up as it is, if people were "shriek singing" annoying disney songs I'm pretty sure a in-flight brawl would break out.

Like, how old is this kid that she considers Finding Dory to be The Definitive Feminist Masterpiece Of Our Time but considers Finding Nemo trash?

I assumed from her obvious self-portrait avatar that she was 19 or 20 or something, or had just finished highschool. Not that she was 41.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

GreenMetalSun posted:

Like, how old is this kid that she considers Finding Dory to be The Definitive Feminist Masterpiece Of Our Time but considers Finding Nemo trash?

I assumed from her obvious self-portrait avatar that she was 19 or 20 or something, or had just finished highschool. Not that she was 41.
She wrote the Feed zombie novels and they are revealing

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
I looked her up and: what the hell is a "filker"

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

yeah I eat rear end posted:

I looked her up and: what the hell is a "filker"

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
So it's when people play a Taylor Swift song on acoustic guitar, but change lyrics to be about Captain America?

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
I cannot express how much the term filker annoys me

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
It sounds like one of those weird sex things. Or possibly an obscure kitchen tool. Or both.

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?

Paladinus posted:

So it's when people play a Taylor Swift song on acoustic guitar, but change lyrics to be about Captain America?

It's nerd folk music.

If you ever go to DragonCon (and you SHOULD because it's a blast), you will encounter it regularly.

Some of it is popular songs reworked like you said, but most of it is original and indistinguishable from folk music aside from the lyrics, which are about sci-fi, D&D, movies and other Nerd poo poo(tm).

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
So you write and sing songs?

NO IT'S DIFFERENT IT NEEDS ITS OWN SPECIAL WORD

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

HaB posted:

It's nerd folk music.

HaB posted:

If you ever go to DragonCon (and you SHOULD because it's a blast), you will encounter it regularly.

These are contradictory statements!!

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?

Zelder posted:

These are contradictory statements!!

I mean - there are Filk shows you can attend if you like. Not that people are walking around with a guitar belting out nerd versions of Wonderwall.

Let the nerds nerd, man.

The rest of DragonCon is drinking like crazy and hanging out with people in costumes n poo poo.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

HaB posted:

I mean - there are Filk shows you can attend if you like. Not that people are walking around with a guitar belting out nerd versions of Wonderwall.

Let the nerds nerd, man.

The rest of DragonCon is drinking like crazy and hanging out with people in costumes n poo poo.

All those are the things I hate, but thanks for extending an invitation. Hope you have fun there yourself.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

HaB posted:

Let the nerds nerd, man.

I was very lightly teasing. I have a Sonic the hedgehog avatar I'm not really that opposed to nerd poo poo

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Splicer posted:

It's called that because of Lee Jacobs' 1950s essay "The Influence of Science Fiction on Modern American Filk [sic] Music."

I think filk is cute and harmless.

Pththya-lyi has a new favorite as of 17:43 on Jul 19, 2019

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Splicer posted:

Yeah, why do we have any genres at all? It's all just music right?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Cross posting from GBS

Cartoon Man posted:

Is it possible for the kid to be blessed and cursed at the same time?

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

The General posted:

Yeah, why do we have any genres at all? It's all just music right?

I put my poems to music. I call them musoems.

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

By my hand, I will take you from this godforsaken internet
Jonathan Coulton is the Platonic ideal of filk, that should speak volumes. Also Voltaire (lol) but he was more edgy goth most of the time. He did a couple of star trek songs though. The entire nerdcore genre of the late 00s. Y'all know what it is.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

41yo woman cheering for the mental breakdown of a mother just trying to keep two kids in order on an airplane. Cool poo poo. Does she also say poo poo like "crotchspawn" in her other tweets a lot?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

TheKennedys posted:

Jonathan Coulton is the Platonic ideal of filk, that should speak volumes. Also Voltaire (lol) but he was more edgy goth most of the time. He did a couple of star trek songs though. The entire nerdcore genre of the late 00s. Y'all know what it is.

(As a nerd,) I liked Voltaire, because he made fun of nerds.