Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??
Hey folks, who likes "fairly standard romcom school days story except the girl is a weird monster" manga? I know I do.

Otome Monster Caramelize is the story of Kuroe, a mostly normal girl except for her strange medical condition that turns her into a godzilla when her emotions run too high. She's mostly been able to keep herself in check by being a standoffish loner all through school, but when a boy she thinks is cute suddenly starts talking to her out of the blue, every day becomes a struggle to avoid flattening tokyo.

Her Appetite Is Too Big For Me Alone is about a kid named Funatsugi Maki who keeps seeing weird monsters around town. He's been avoiding them for now, because he's got more important things to worry about - like his crush on his super tall, super cute senpai, Mitsuhara. Except it turns out she's also a weird monster, and its her job to keep all the other weird monsters around town from eating people (by eating them first). After Maki sees her on the job one day, he's pulled into her world, for better or for worse.

Also her monster form is a cute wailord/kirby fusion thing, it's adorable. It's a good thing Maki's a good cook, because Mitsuhara has quite an appetite.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

L-O-N
Sep 13, 2004

Pillbug
Two new chapters of You Will Hear the Voice of the Dead.

First one really reminds of Stephen King's The Raft. Wonder if the author got any inspiration from that. Also, the class president is delightfully selfish.

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
Shoujou Kaiju is very cute. I'll keep reading this.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

L-O-N posted:

Two new chapters of You Will Hear the Voice of the Dead.

First one really reminds of Stephen King's The Raft. Wonder if the author got any inspiration from that. Also, the class president is delightfully selfish.

Its more like Blood Beach and The Sand, theres been a couple movies with the premise.

Black Mage Knight
Jan 25, 2012

stop biting my cape
Worth mentioning that Kaiju Girl Caramalise's first volume was recently released in English, so if scanlations end up slowing to a crawl it being licensed would be the reason.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Black Mage Knight posted:

Worth mentioning that Kaiju Girl Caramalise's first volume was recently released in English, so if scanlations end up slowing to a crawl it being licensed would be the reason.

I bought it and it is very good and has a full color page for a very particular moment

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.
new Pharmacist's Monologue
The Mystery of the Brother's Inheritance™

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
Shao Mao Puzzle Time Adventures.

narm00
Feb 18, 2006
New pair of Senryuu Girl chapters, in which the high school clubs introduce themselves, and there's a unique twist on the old 'couple locked in the gym' trope.

L-O-N
Sep 13, 2004

Pillbug
New SPY x FAMILY

I wanna "sorry omelet".

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
Now to see who this manga really is... *lifts up assassin/spy drama mask* Gasp! It was old man Musou Telepathy the whole time!

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!
Life is rough for our little telepath. :(

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

new Sleepy Princess
its the end of the Great Demon King Castle Summer Cooldown Festival™, time for the closing event bonfire. Surprisingly, Princess sleeps through that. Whats a girl to do than start a ritual to summon a God. I mean, start the after party.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

new Night Owl Witch
The duo watch a scary movie together.

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??

Huzzah! posted:

new Sleepy Princess
its the end of the Great Demon King Castle Summer Cooldown Festival™, time for the closing event bonfire. Surprisingly, Princess sleeps through that. Whats a girl to do than start a ritual to summon a God. I mean, start the after party.

I finally caught up on this, and I love suya so much. The only thing stopping her from destroying the entire demon horde is she likes those guys and doesn't feel like it.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

From the author of Lady Ayane is a Sanova B**chi, comes Monsters can't clean

A Sister from a small village is sent to a dragon as a sacrifice. While she accepts her fate, she can not allow herself to be eaten in such a dirty hovel. With the disgruntled help from the dragon, the two go about cleaning his home.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
this is sure something: creepy cat

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i don't like that jerk cat

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Cat learned from the master.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

New Pharmacist's Monologue
♫Make-over, make-over!♫ ♫Make-over, make-over!♫ ♫Make-over, make-over, make-over!♫

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

Captain Invictus posted:

this is sure something: creepy cat

Ahh it looks like Tonnura-san died and turned into a ghost!!

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD

Huzzah! posted:

New Pharmacist's Monologue
♫Make-over, make-over!♫ ♫Make-over, make-over!♫ ♫Make-over, make-over, make-over!♫

MaoMao becomes Meow Meow

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Crasical posted:

MaoMao becomes Meow Meow

Mjir Mjir?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AF_DJzgNnF0&t=29s

narm00
Feb 18, 2006
Funny yakuza gets involved in the shady world of tapioca.

Edit: Also, new slice of life food series starring high school insect girls.

narm00 fucked around with this message at 09:26 on Jul 21, 2019

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

narm00 posted:

Funny yakuza gets involved in the shady world of tapioca.

Edit: Also, new slice of life food series starring high school insect girls.

Man, I'm actually hungry for cicadas now. I wonder if they're halal- as far as I know only locusts are.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
I've only had crickets and scorpions but this isnt the first time I've heard cicadas are nutty tasting.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

New Nicola's Demonworld Travelogue
Simon receives a letter and heads to his home town to see his father.

I like the mustache she imagined him with.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
That was freakin' adorable.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Huzzah! posted:

New Nicola's Demonworld Travelogue
Simon receives a letter and heads to his home town to see his father.

I like the mustache she imagined him with.

This series is low key good as hell

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

kidcoelacanth posted:

My general rule of thumb is that if it runs in Harta it's a good series. They have really strict standards to get in if I remember correctly and it shows in the quality of the stories they publish.

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??
Another chapter of Monsters Can't Clean. Cleaning magic is extremely powerful.

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??
New chapter of Kaiju Girl Caramelize, in which we learn about Kuro's taste in music.

kidcoelacanth posted:

Yeah I just read all of it after seeing this update and Nicola rules? I love her.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
It took me too long to gain an appreciation for such a majestic genre of music. :rock:

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
https://mangadex.org/chapter/668683/1
New Delinquent+White Cane Girl.... Wait, is this thread the right place for this?
I'm sure that I got recommended it by someone in the thread, that's where I get about half my new manga from, but it's not really 'surreal daily life'.... Hmm.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
Dunno if it was here or the general slice of life (maybe we should crosspost?) But it is adorable and i like it.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
In what I thought was a oneshot, there is a second chapter of my wife is an elementary schooler which I have not yet read but I'm sure is going to be as emotions-inducing as the first chapter

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
It's time for Bocchi to take on her greatest foe yet: Dr. Wily

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!

Captain Invictus posted:

In what I thought was a oneshot, there is a second chapter of my wife is an elementary schooler which I have not yet read but I'm sure is going to be as emotions-inducing as the first chapter

As far as anime goes this is treading some very dangerous territory but it seems mostly just sad so far? I dunno I'm still getting red flags from this.

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds

Artificer posted:

As far as anime goes this is treading some very dangerous territory but it seems mostly just sad so far? I dunno I'm still getting red flags from this.

It doesn't seem like that sort of thing. It's more about loss and recovery. Also the MC just got a potential love interest for more drama down the road.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Artificer posted:

oh of course, as the wife herself points out multiple times, but yeah, it's not about that, it's used as more of a vector to explore people crippled by grief rebuilding, with some silly shenanigans too. And yeah, I can absolutely see with this second chapter being a method of moving on than anything else. Honestly it felt complete as a oneshot, but it also could be a promising story about acceptance and making a new path especially considering the introduction of his coworker in the second chapter.

definitely walking a tightrope with that premise, but it has been going out of its way to avoid anything further than dealing with trauma so far. That said, the author doesn't even have a baka-updates page so I don't know their history. edit: oh wait they do, but there's nothing there except for that series.

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 16:14 on Jul 24, 2019