Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who's the best?
Kirika
Dess
View Results

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Spiritus Nox posted:

He was an implied pedophile and serial fedora wearer, tho :v:

To be very slightly fair to Millaarc, I imagine her goal was to make Tsubasa vulnerable to whatever her mind-whammy thing is. Maybe they're trying to read her mind, or make a sleeper agent out of her, or neutralize an enemy she outright said she can't beat in a straight fight. I'm sure it'll come back up.

In fairness to Adam, he did make the hat work.

Based on what we have so far on the villains, my prediction is Tails is the only one who has any chance of making it out alive. Milaarc is already a mass murderer plus a very brutal killing directly in front of Tsubasa and Maria, and Vanessa certainly looks like she's going to be very manipulative of the other two at minimum, and probably also wiped out that American facility.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

OnimaruXLR posted:

I kinda get the feeling that whatever she did with that will bear fruit later, because otherwise why go to all this trouble? Just to get under one member of SONG's skin? That's Joker levels of mayhem with petty motivations, and I doubt her boss (if she's the boss, which she seems to be, because she's going to be fighting Bikki) would sign off on that it didn't accomplish anything

Vanessa while the leader is stated to be so largely just because she was the most senior member.

Still really like this image

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 08:04 on Jul 14, 2019

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Yeah, didn't the promo material basically say that Vanessa was completely in over her head?

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Dzhay posted:

On villains: other than Adam, they've pretty much all got to do a last-minute heroic sacrifice type thing. Even Carol, who probably had the highest kill count (though she did fry her brain first).

Honestly, the "now I must atone for my sins" thing doesn't actually apply to as many Symphogear villains as you'd think. Going down the list:

Symphogear: Fine's last act before crumbling to dust was to try to spite the heroines by yanking a huge chunk of the moon down onto the Earth before being forgiven by Hibiki anyway and dying; she "atones" post death by deciding "yeah maybe I won't take over Shirabe's brain I guess" in G.

G: Nastassja does get to do the heroic sacrifice redemption thing, and the FIS Trio atone and become protagonists as well. Dr. Ver was consistently a bastard up to the conclusion of G and only earned his redemption in GX.

GX: The autoscorers are fully sapient and are all hella evil to the very end. Carol doesn't actually atone for anything she does; when her "destroy the world" plan fails, she tries to kill everyone with her big robot, then sets her big robot thing to explode and blow up most of the city and is ready to die with it, then is blown out of it by a secondary explosion and is totally ready to just fall to her death until she's convinced by Hibiki/Elfnein/her dad to try to live, after which she combines with Elfnein so they can both continue to survive. The Carol/Elfnein combo is pretty much entirely Elfnein.

AXZ: The alchemists get their major heroic sacrifice moment. Adam, of course, goes out laughing at how everyone is going to die without him.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Kanos posted:

Symphogear: Fine's last act before crumbling to dust was to try to spite the heroines by yanking a huge chunk of the moon down onto the Earth before being forgiven by Hibiki anyway and dying; she "atones" post death by deciding "yeah maybe I won't take over Shirabe's brain I guess" in G.
I mean she also saves Shirabe's life and more importantly stops her cycle of reincarnation completely. Fine basically died, forever, for Shirabe's sake, after being alive since the dawn of time.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Endorph posted:

I mean she also saves Shirabe's life and more importantly stops her cycle of reincarnation completely. Fine basically died, forever, for Shirabe's sake, after being alive since the dawn of time.

This is absolutely true, though I feel like it's soured a bit by her last act as a living person after being defeated being a spiteful "well I'm going to attempt to annihilate Japan and gently caress up the Earth terribly because I didn't get my way" suicide ploy.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Kanos posted:

This is absolutely true, though I feel like it's soured a bit by her last act as a living person after being defeated being a spiteful "well I'm going to attempt to annihilate Japan and gently caress up the Earth terribly because I didn't get my way" suicide ploy.

Fine was perhaps not the most rational person.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

obvious pretool
Milaarc sounds too much like Kasumi from BanG Dream! and it's very disturbing.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Nodosaur posted:

Milaarc sounds too much like Kasumi from BanG Dream! and it's very disturbing.

That's because she is, in fact, Kasumi from BanG Dream.

It is with great regret that I must announce that Kasumi is now cancelled for war crimes.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

obvious pretool
I knew that already. My point is that she sounds exactly like Kasumi doing monstrous and horrific things, as opposed to Aoi Yuuki, which I can more easily parse as being distinct from other characters she plays like Madoka and Iris.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Nodosaur posted:

I knew that already. My point is that she sounds exactly like Kasumi doing monstrous and horrific things, as opposed to Aoi Yuuki, which I can more easily parse as being distinct from other characters she plays like Madoka and Iris.

Oh lol

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Kanos posted:

The Carol/Elfnein combo is pretty much entirely Elfnein.

That would be because Carol lost her memories and pretty much just gave her body to Elfnein.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

drat, that was hosed up

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
So I've been playing God Eater 3, and I have to ask - how much cross-pollination is there between that franchise and Symphogear? Because it feels extremely Symphogear.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Friend pointed out something:

:magical:

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

iospace posted:

Friend pointed out something:

:magical:

I have seen that, and the ages do not possibly line up for that.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

chumbler posted:

I have seen that, and the ages do not possibly line up for that.

Same friend Also mentioned that. Still it's an intersting color pallette choice that definitely is deliberate.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Yeah, it's probably mostly a thematic thing, if it's intentional at all. Can't possibly be the same person unless they're being liberal as gently caress with their portrayal here, it's been like 2 years at most.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
Well, that's probably the worst thing that's happened in the series.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/M_hisashi/status/1151511441796526081

This fanart is amazing and also upsetting

esselfortium
Jul 19, 2006

Cumulonimbus Antagonistic Posting

Spiritus Nox posted:

This fanart is amazing and also upsetting

This is cruel ;_;

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009
As ever, Genjuro's Angels is translating some supplemental mechanical info/lore that gets posted on the official Japanese website, so check it out if that stuff interests you.

quote:

Outer Physics

Something impossible to categorize as either High Technology or Black Arts Technology. These are phenomenon that completely contradict and transcend our current understanding of reason, technology, and divine providence.

In other words, we have no idea. At all.

quote:

Friend

A precious existence that always watches over us. Our hearts can connect, even without using words.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Today's episode was pretty fun. Bit of a breather relative to the first two, which suits me just fine after how much adrenaline those two kicked up.

The end-of-episode reveal wasn't remotely surprising aside from the fact that we've gotten to it already.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Of course Chris gets to go full Grenadier in her transformation this season.

I really hope this means Tsubasa gets to have a sword fight with poo poo grandad where she sings him to death later.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Let Maria do the honors, IMO

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
On third thought, por que no los dos?

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
not really feeling this episode. guess i'm just tired of the villains teleporting away

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Least shocking main villain reveal ever but happy for it

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Hell yeah I'm always down for NO gently caress you (gran)Dad! stories

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

SatoshiMiwa posted:

He's been a piece of poo poo for five seasons now, it will be nice to see him go down.

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010
I see Chris was inspired by Bikki's training methods.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
Can they finally kill Tsubasa'a grandfather

Also stolen content:

quote:

Vampire girl's name is Millaarc Cranstoun. Oddly similar to Millarca Karnstein, one of the aliases of the vampire Mircalla Karnstein, also known as Carmilla.
Well played Symphoger, well played.

Kaiser Mazoku fucked around with this message at 03:16 on Jul 21, 2019

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

i'll place my guess that yatsuhiro orders him killed and ogawa does it

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Sindai posted:

Of course Chris gets to go full Grenadier in her transformation this season.

I really hope this means Tsubasa gets to have a sword fight with poo poo grandad where she sings him to death later.

Honestly this episode was probably the bounciest Chris has been the whole series.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Spiritus Nox posted:

Let Maria do the honors, IMO

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

Also stolen content:

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

I thought she was a Frankenstein, not a Vampire

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Spiritus Nox posted:

I thought she was a Frankenstein, not a Vampire
Noble Red is the name of their group, so Millarc at least fits.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Endorph posted:

Noble Red is the name of their group, so Millarc at least fits.

Ohhh, I initially thought Vanessa was nicknaming herself, but that makes sense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Was thinking if they wanted to at least explain Millarc's actions in the concert attack than They could have the concert attack be done on the orders of Fudo in exchange for blood