Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

do you suppose it's hard to find a job after graduation if you major in "evildoing" at the wizard college

it makes working in corporate so much easier

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

do you suppose it's hard to find a job after graduation if you major in "evildoing" at the wizard college
presumably theres a financial sector in the wizarding economy

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

FMguru posted:

to my knowledge it's all economy, brewing and making supplies for magicians. Not exactly a robust economy to enter into.

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

FMguru posted:

nah, the (((goblins))) run the financial sector

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

only if you want one of the brave or miscellaneous jobs. if you major in evildoing with no intent of going into that field professionally, it’s kind of on you

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
* nodding approvingly while my future +1 points how well I've scored at the various bullshit metrics on their personality assessment *

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
the wizarding world is post scarcity cause you can just magic away your problems such as where the poop goes after you poop it out

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

dragon enthusiast posted:

the wizarding world is post scarcity cause you can just magic away your problems such as where the poop goes after you post it out

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

nah, the (((goblins))) run the financial sector

it's gnomes that are the stereotype

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

Captain Foo posted:

it's gnomes that are the stereotype

i thought it was goblins (with huge noses incidentally) in whatever the wizarding bank was called?

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an
armor-piercing crowbar! Rigoddamndicu𝜆ous.

dragon enthusiast posted:

the wizarding world is post scarcity cause you can just magic away your problems such as where the poop goes after you poop it out

ah so that's where your posts come from

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

i thought it was goblins (with huge noses incidentally) in whatever the wizarding bank was called?

mhm

cranky goblins with big hooked noses who are bald with big heads and they love money and silver and treasure and have a monopoly on the banking system

mhmmmm

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.
ferenghi

TimWinter
Mar 30, 2015

https://timsthebomb.com
They really tried to repent for their ferenghi sins in DS9, but there's only so much backpedaling allowed for a culture where women aren't allowed to wear clothes.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
the ferenghi weren't jews. they literally compare them to Yankee traders in their debut episode in tng. They're a caricature of capitalist pigs

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

The ferengi are a fictional race which is entirely a parody of modern day capitalism

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

qhat posted:

The ferengi are a fictional race which is entirely a parody of modern day capitalism

I mean, eventually. TNG really tried to make them into major villains and serious threats, since there was no real big “enemy” for TNG like the Klingons were for TOS. Once TNG introduced the Borg, though, Ferengis went down the road to goofy-town.

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

LanceHunter posted:

I mean, eventually. TNG really tried to make them into major villains and serious threats, since there was no real big “enemy” for TNG like the Klingons were for TOS. Once TNG introduced the Borg, though, Ferengis went down the road to goofy-town.

they started in goofy-town, it just wasn't intentional

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Fighting the urge to quit with no job lined up just to get some time off

freeasinbeer
Mar 26, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

PokeJoe posted:

Fighting the urge to quit with no job lined up just to get some time off

:same:

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

god drat what hell’s scape do you work in?

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Boiled Water posted:

god drat what hell’s scape do you work in?

:capitalism:

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

One where I hate going to work 40 hours a week

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

this is as close as there is to a Linkedin thread

quote:

This week saw some inspirational leadership, a senior partner in BigCorp’s leadership team will switch his work phone off during his 2 week holiday this summer. This will allow him to enjoy quality time with his family and return to work refreshed and energized. It shows he trusts his colleagues and has the self-regard to know he needs a proper break.

truly inspirational

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

got a note from the recruiter last night that ill be receiving an offer, hopefully today

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

coworker who burnt himself out a few years ago that i still keep in touch with connected me with another ex-coworker who's currently working for the company i'm interviewing with. build and maintain your professional network, goons

EVGA Longoria posted:

got a note from the recruiter last night that ill be receiving an offer, hopefully today

:toot:

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

EVGA Longoria posted:

:toot:

raminasi
Jan 25, 2005

a last drink with no ice

pointsofdata posted:

this is as close as there is to a Linkedin thread

truly inspirational

i have my first on-call shift this week and my coworker who’s going on vacation said to just text him if i have any trouble

this is his first job, and hopefully my incredulous stare and “i am absolutely not texting you work poo poo while you’re on vacation” had the correct effect

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
Start ups are a heck of a thing. A new round of phone interviews has been added because the CEO has felt out of the loop on the process. I'm 90% sure I'm their only candidate.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Rex-Goliath posted:

coworker who burnt himself out a few years ago that i still keep in touch with connected me with another ex-coworker who's currently working for the company i'm interviewing with. build and maintain your professional network, goons

and because i know there's a few of you fuckers going to college:

do this starting now

this is literally what college is for--trust me, i made the mistake of thinking it was about the education and probably set my career back almost a decade as a result

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

pathetic little tramp posted:

Start ups are a heck of a thing. A new round of phone interviews has been added because the CEO has felt out of the loop on the process. I'm 90% sure I'm their only candidate.

always fun when they decide to gently caress with potential hire's time.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

:redflag:

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene
a recruiter keeps emailing me at work about a job in ogden, utah

who the gently caress wants to move to ogden, utah

i'm sure ogden is just fine but maybe focus your recruiting efforts on the greater ogden area, yeah?

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib
A company got in touch with me yesterday and I saw that it was contract, but I let them call me anyway and after their spiel I got to pull a "Oh this is contract? Oh I'm sorry, I don't do contract work." on em. There's no insurance, 900 miles away with no relocation cost, the contract is 2(!) months and 32/hr for full stack? Hell loving no what is wrong with you. This was for a senior developer. I was flabbergasted.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

A company got in touch with me yesterday and I saw that it was contract, but I let them call me anyway and after their spiel I got to pull a "Oh this is contract? Oh I'm sorry, I don't do contract work." on em. There's no insurance, 900 miles away with no relocation cost, the contract is 2(!) months and 32/hr for full stack? Hell loving no what is wrong with you. This was for a senior developer. I was flabbergasted.

lol

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

holy poo poo, takes balls just to make that phone call

I'm not sure what the hell they were thinking. maybe that they'll strike gold if they just call enough people?

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

Not a Children posted:

I'm not sure what the hell they were thinking. maybe that they'll strike gold if they just call enough people?

brass fuckin balls

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

brass fuckin balls

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib

Not a Children posted:

I think that might be it because I got an email at 10:30, I replied at 11 "hey yeah that's a nice area and I have family there so I'll hear you out" and they replied back 5 minutes later with "Is 12 okay?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

it's somehow appropriate that the king of sexual assault, mr ball fondler himself, is in the background of this image