Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
It's amazing how much junk Dee Wallace has been in over the years. Since like day one, she'll pretty much take anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Just finished rewatching night of the creeps. Love me some Tom Atkins.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Yo, :wtf: I just finished Kingdom. How can it end like that! When the gently caress is season 2 happening? Lol.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

teagone posted:

Yo, :wtf: I just finished Kingdom. How can it end like that! When the gently caress is season 2 happening? Lol.

Season 2 is confirmed but it's not due out until some time in 2020.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

:rip:

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Crawl was so goddann good. Perfect creature feature. Tons of fun. CGI alligators (understandable) but STILL used practical FX for gore/wounds. 10/10 Alexandre Aja wins again, the man just makes great fuckin movies.

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.
Crawl is indeed good, between it, child’s play and Midsommar you’re really not short on choices when it comes to picking a horror movie this summer

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Darko posted:

Yeah, chancing the Crites back into "they dont talk much except for tiny bits of humor" as opposed to "they talk the entire time and are goofball characters" helps it a little bit at least. The show was one of the stupidest things I've watched.

Not everyone can be Joe Dante.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

K. Waste posted:

Crawl is indeed good, between it, child’s play and Midsommar you’re really not short on choices when it comes to picking a horror movie this summer

I still gotta see Midsommar but I think at this point ima just wait till the directors cut comes out

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:

Kvlt! posted:

I still gotta see Midsommar but I think at this point ima just wait till the directors cut comes out

I'm gonna make a bold claim that the theatrical cut is already a masterpiece, so I say don't walk, run.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

K. Waste posted:

I'm gonna make a bold claim that the theatrical cut is already a masterpiece, so I say don't walk, run.

I'd also argue seeing it on the big screen adds to some of the effects.

I say run, too.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Kvlt! posted:

Are you still avoiding Childs Play? Everyone likes it, its a fun, darker ET, like Gremlins, kind of like how IT is a kind of Goonies successor with darker tones.

This Is the Zodiac
Feb 4, 2003

Basebf555 posted:

So apparently the two Halloween sequels are gonna be called "Halloween Kills" and "Halloween Ends". Uggggghhhhhhh
They could at least have used a little prosody and called them Halloween Kills and Halloween Dies.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

I feel like however they bring Michael Myers back will have to be really contrived because that was a pretty good deathtrap they had him in.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

TOOT BOOT posted:

I feel like however they bring Michael Myers back will have to be really contrived because that was a pretty good deathtrap they had him in.

I have a pet theory it was supposed to be more final with Myers burning on-screen or something, and then somebody at Blumhouse realized that the flick wasn't just some arbitrary installment and get dollar signs in their eyes.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Tart Kitty posted:

I have a pet theory it was supposed to be more final with Myers burning on-screen or something, and then somebody at Blumhouse realized that the flick wasn't just some arbitrary installment and get dollar signs in their eyes.

Same. But also Halloween is a franchise built around an original film that ends with the villain's ominous breathing so ill never really hold it against them to keep him alive

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

This should be interesting considering the remake/reboot trend. The producers from the 90s adaptation of IT are suing Warners over possibly being owed some of the profit from the recent IT movies. However this ends up, be nice if it starts weaning away from the trend of remake/reboot.

https://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/3573956/2017-remake-new-adaptation-interesting-legal-battle-may-soon-decide/

SecretOfSteel
Apr 29, 2007

The secret of steel has always
carried with it a mystery.

Origami Dali posted:

It's amazing how much junk Dee Wallace has been in over the years. Since like day one, she'll pretty much take anything.

Like a female-version of Lance Henriksen (Jesus, he's 79 and still going). God he must love making movies!

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
Maybe they'll pull a New Beginning and have us think the daughter is the new killer but then oh poo poo it's someone else!

Or do like a time jump or something.

Or a flashback to when Michael gets run over and the crazy doctor become the new Michael but then Michael kills him but it's shown from a different angle and we see that plowing into Michael with a car really did kill him and that the one that kills the doctor/is trapped in the house is a Silver Shamrock android.

Neo Rasa fucked around with this message at 12:45 on Jul 21, 2019

Friends Are Evil
Oct 25, 2010

cats cats cats

God, The Babysitter has a very powerful “boomers trying to appeal to millennials” energy. I think I hate it?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Friends Are Evil posted:

God, The Babysitter has a very powerful “boomers trying to appeal to millennials” energy. I think I hate it?

Sounds like a McG movie all right.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Darko posted:

Are you still avoiding Childs Play? Everyone likes it, its a fun, darker ET, like Gremlins, kind of like how IT is a kind of Goonies successor with darker tones.

Yeah, nothing against it really I'm just not interested in a Child's Play movie at all unless it has Tiffany in it. The only movies out of the series I really love are Bride and Seed and I've seen them all (except the new reboot). I might check it out on a lazy day when it comes out on VOD.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord
I can't wait to see my favorite movie character, Halloween, as he kills

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

COOL CORN posted:

I can't wait to see my favorite movie character, Halloween, as he kills

So its a remake of Trick R Treat?

ReapersTouch
Nov 25, 2004

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
Shudder having yakuza movies seems a bit off brand, but I'm enjoying them. Almost done with Battles Without Honor and Humanity. They're pretty good.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord
I like that shudder is becoming a place for "genre movies" no matter the subgenre. Like, Big Man Japan isn't horror, but it's fun as hell.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

Friends Are Evil posted:

The Babysitter loving sucks out loud.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Tart Kitty posted:

The Babysitter loving sucks out loud.

The Babysitter owns and is a ton of fun you idiots, you utter buffoons.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/ReelBrew/status/1152984237274017793?s=20

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Shrecknet posted:

Yeah it's the epitome of a just sitting back and having fun kind of movie.

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:

COOL CORN posted:

I like that shudder is becoming a place for "genre movies" no matter the subgenre. Like, Big Man Japan isn't horror, but it's fun as hell.

You start branching out with existential horror, of which BMJ is a great example

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Shrecknet posted:

I wanna be the contrarian like you, but I honestly don't remember a single second of that movie so I'd have to hazard a guess that you're wrong.

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

K. Waste posted:

You start branching out with existential horror, of which BMJ is a great example

I saw it more as a nuanced kaiju entry but existential horror works well too.

Null of Undefined
Aug 4, 2010

I have used 41 of 300 characters allowed.
If we’re talking about existential crises in Kaiju movies I’m going to take this opportunity to tell anyone who hasn’t seen Colossal to watch it tonight because it’s perfect.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

Null of Undefined posted:

If we’re talking about existential crises in Kaiju movies I’m going to take this opportunity to tell anyone who hasn’t seen Colossal to watch it tonight because it’s perfect.

I would also STRONGLY recommend the 1991 novel Gojiro.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Colossal is so, so good.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Shrecknet posted:

I thought it had some good gags. Maybe it rolls around in some of the same poo poo it’s supposedly satirizing but that’s pretty typical.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

feedmyleg posted:

Colossal is so, so good.

The trailer made it look like the dumbest poo poo ever but I'm extremely happy I saw it, it really owns.

Null of Undefined
Aug 4, 2010

I have used 41 of 300 characters allowed.

Neo Rasa posted:

The trailer made it look like the dumbest poo poo ever but I'm extremely happy I saw it, it really owns.

Trailers are a waste of time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Null of Undefined posted:

Trailers are a waste of time

I was very upset to discover literally every single attack in Crawl was in the trailer. Like, every strike and kill.