Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

The music truly makes this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rudecyrus
Nov 6, 2009

fuck you trolls
Honestly surprised no one died while filming Roar.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
i miss bravest of the lamps

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I don't

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Doug didn't realize that Last Action Hero was a parody of action movies, to which there is no forgiveness.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

rudecyrus posted:

Honestly surprised no one died while filming Roar.
yeah, "multiple almost-total scalpings and neck-eviscerations by lion" and somehow nobody died anyway is pretty impressive

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Captain Invictus posted:

yeah, "multiple almost-total scalpings and neck-eviscerations by lion" and somehow nobody died anyway is pretty impressive

well that and an elephant broke that ladies leg and they kept all that footage of the elphant breaking the boat and breaking her leg. i mean the movie is ghostbusters 2016 level of improvisation. " gently caress it, just film the actors in scary circumstancis and than right a story around the animals improv". and that zebra.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Dawgstar posted:

Speaking of horrible and that Brad Jones is garbage.

https://twitter.com/Obscurus_Lupa/status/1152660375264997376

jesus christ brad is a shitstain

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Leal posted:

Doug didn't realize that Last Action Hero was a parody of action movies, to which there is no forgiveness.

but

how

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Reviewer =/= Critic.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Dawgstar posted:

why

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

they're poo poo op

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

A big flaming stink posted:

i miss not remembering him until you brought him up

thanks for nothing, jackass :mad:

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

don't tempt me

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Not really because they were a stalking abusive shithead

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Dawgstar posted:

This is not really my business, but what is the text in the middle from? I see the text from the wife saying police and then swat coming up in the middle one. I can believe that some internet gently caress called the cops with a phony suicide threat, but is the claim that this did not happen?

He has behaved badly such that I’m not interested in what he’s doing any longer, but it’s unsavory to have these extended views into the lives of human people like this. It’s easy for me to believe that stalkers would do sadistic poo poo to him for no reason, as we’ve seen more than enough evidence here stalkers will constantly try to destroy anyone for no reason. Jake Chapman erased all his videos and quit being a critic for years because he got a sense that the kiwi crowd was getting curious about him. It’s wrong for the wife to make sense of it by thinking that Allison caused her to become a target, but I feel like a few frank conversations with anyone at all familiar with internet notoriety could set her straight.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
like don't get me wrong the guy was a relentless rear end in a top hat and loving reveled in making everyone hate him (to say nothing of his sincere meanness that he would show to some poor folk) but he really knew what he was talking about, and on the rare occasions he was sincerely engaging with people he had quite a few insights into art in general. dude was also real loving funny.

"name of the wind is bad and you are bad for liking it" is one of the best threads on this dead and gay comedy forum. also clevin

but yeah, 90% of the time he was loving horrific to deal with

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Lol there's 2 concurrent conversations going about 2 entirely different assholes so it took me most of that post to realize which one you were talking about

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

like don't get me wrong the guy was a relentless rear end in a top hat and loving reveled in making everyone hate him (to say nothing of his sincere meanness that he would show to some poor folk) but he really knew what he was talking about, and on the rare occasions he was sincerely engaging with people he had quite a few insights into art in general. dude was also real loving funny.

"name of the wind is bad and you are bad for liking it" is one of the best threads on this dead and gay comedy forum. also clevin

He was also a creepy stalker sociopath, so... ya know. Let's not go back there.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
The only good thing about BOTL was when someone called them the Troy Duffy to SMG's Quentin Tarantino

TheMaestroso
Nov 4, 2014

I must know your secrets.

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

This is not really my business, but what is the text in the middle from?

Allison's imdb page. Under "Trivia."

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

I don’t imagine imdb gives any priority to the subject’s wishes when administering an entry? Awesome dystopia we’ve got here.

marathon Stairmaster sesh
Apr 28, 2009

ALL HAIL CEO NUGGET
1988-PRESENT

Dapper_Swindler posted:

well that and an elephant broke that ladies leg and they kept all that footage of the elphant breaking the boat and breaking her leg. i mean the movie is ghostbusters 2016 level of improvisation. " gently caress it, just film the actors in scary circumstancis and than right a story around the animals improv". and that zebra.

It's kinda hosed up learning from Good Bad Flicks' video on Roar that the scene where the daughter is screaming NOEL repeatedly was actually the dad director ignoring the safeword that everyone agreed is when to stop filming on the first time it was used.

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...

Leal posted:

I was always confused by that, but I recall that Last Action Hero didn't fare very well critically at the time.

It eventually occurred to me at some point is that the problem with Last Action Hero is that it's a spoof on action films, but at the same time, there's the whole 'kid with magical movie ticket who get teleported into film and points out all the action movie tropes & clichés' that drags that down.

Regardless, I feel like one could make a list of times where Doug got confused/bewildered/upset at something in a film when it was either explained or it just went over his head.

BOTL sort of succeeded 2014-era HBomb in regards to coming into the thread and posting contrarian takes about film that irritated the thread to no end. Remember the constant derails on Man of Steel?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Max Wilco posted:

BOTL sort of succeeded 2014-era HBomb in regards to coming into the thread and posting contrarian takes about film that irritated the thread to no end. Remember the constant derails on Man of Steel?

Sadly I don’t foresee him making a similar face turn from gadfly to god tier like Harris did. But then again in our post 2016 simulation breakdown hellworld, I suppose anything is possible.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

nine-gear crow posted:

He was also a creepy stalker sociopath, so... ya know. Let's not go back there.

Oh, so he'll thrive just fine in 2019 then.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I have a theory that the people obsessed with posting quality are some of the worst people that use this forum, and Botl is one of the biggest pieces of evidence in favor of that.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Max Wilco posted:

Hbomb also didn't stalk people, he was just a contrarian dick. There is a fairly large difference between those two things.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

nine-gear crow posted:

Sadly I don’t foresee him making a similar face turn from gadfly to god tier like Harris did. But then again in our post 2016 simulation breakdown hellworld, I suppose anything is possible.
getfiscal was despised by a ton of people here and now is basically a beloved political troll on twitter

I still think he sucks but hey

FoldableHuman
Mar 26, 2017

Spatula City posted:

This is especially no place for known people. I suspect within the year hbomb, donoteat, and Dan will completely stop posting here, and they'll be totally justified doing so.
Nah, my self-loathing has a very specific pathology.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Dawgstar posted:

Reviewer =/= Critic.
Repeat of previous inquiry.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

also since when does donoteat post here?

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Terrible Opinions posted:

also since when does donoteat post here?

Since 2011. He'll even post he even publicly posted his killdozer vid for the thread.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3870560&pagenumber=1&perpage=40

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Speaking of, I wanted to ask, am I the only one who mentally pronounces the do in donoteat as dough or like in donut?

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
donoteat when's the public housing video????????

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

Garrand posted:

Speaking of, I wanted to ask, am I the only one who mentally pronounces the do in donoteat as dough or like in donut?

I pronounce it in my head as 'donut eat'

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

donoteat when's the public housing video????????

He posted a draft to his patreon supporters about 20 minutes before you posted this, so it's coming!

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Dapper_Swindler posted:

yeah seriously. and rlm point out the movie sends severe mixed messages. like "look they just look scary but they are big kittens" meanwhile they are ripping at each other and clawing everyone and loving charging if you run.

In the actual film it's intercut with staged cute scenes lion a lion cub riding a skateboard, and it's so loving bizarre

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

marathon Stairmaster sesh posted:

It's kinda hosed up learning from Good Bad Flicks' video on Roar that the scene where the daughter is screaming NOEL repeatedly was actually the dad director ignoring the safeword that everyone agreed is when to stop filming on the first time it was used.

this movie would be a great dollop episode. like i am pretty sure i saw a man get scalped by a lion and this movie is trying to push some weird dumb agenda because this rich rear end in a top hat wants to validate his hobby. like look i am pretty liberterian when it comes to pet ownership but gently caress this dope.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

corn in the bible posted:

In the actual film it's intercut with staged cute scenes lion a lion cub riding a skateboard, and it's so loving bizarre

yeah like he wants to make some statement about how some animals get a bad wrap and actually they are good and kind but also legit horror poo poo but "happy ending". i kinda want to see the full movie now.