Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Blast is raiding area 51 while the chumps go to the monster association.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer

Reallycoolname posted:

I'm pretty sure Blast is just Saitama while he still had hair

Blast is just King before he grew out his hair.

Arianya
Nov 3, 2009

I came to the thread to read reactions to Zombieman but now I can't find the latest page. :(

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
my favorite Blast theory is him being a sibling to Bang and Bomb, it's perfect

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

RareAcumen posted:

Blast is a grim hardened Mumen Rider from the post-apocalyptic future.

Same idea but he's Glasses instead.

Conot posted:

I came to the thread to read reactions to Zombieman but now I can't find the latest page. :(

Aww, you poor thing.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
It's obvious who doesn't keep up to date on the tank changes in this thread.

Davinci
Feb 21, 2013
What are "tank changes"?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Davinci posted:

What are "tank changes"?

Sounds like some webcomic poo poo

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
Tankōbon, the volume releases. There is stuff that gets pushed online, then he does a bit of a change, then later on for the tanks he goes back and does ANOTHER even more in depth change.

DrakePegasus
Jan 30, 2009

It was Plundersaurus Rex's dream to be the greatest pirate dragon ever.

Davinci posted:

What are "tank changes"?

We don’t have stance dancing anymore, we can just choose whether or not to generate enmity.

Arianya
Nov 3, 2009

RareAcumen posted:

Aww, you poor thing.

I'm ashamed to belatedly admit I was just making a dumb page number joke for the thread.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

Davinci posted:

What are "tank changes"?

3, 2, 1, Let's jam.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Welp, zombie man is dead

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Now that season 2 has ended I want to ask: how well did it stick to the comic, considering I haven't read it. It felt like it was lacking a lot of season 1's ironic humour and felt like it was going through the motions of a standard action show. Is that the way the arc of the comic felt as well or did the show miss he mark with its direction and execution?

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Arcsquad12 posted:

Now that season 2 has ended I want to ask: how well did it stick to the comic, considering I haven't read it. It felt like it was lacking a lot of season 1's ironic humour and felt like it was going through the motions of a standard action show. Is that the way the arc of the comic felt as well or did the show miss he mark with its direction and execution?

It stuck extremely closely to Murata's version, even the parts where the animators clearly misunderstood what was happening on the page.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The arena flip will never not get a chuckle out of me.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Elentor posted:

The arena flip will never not get a chuckle out of me.

Same but with the Hadouken.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Arcsquad12 posted:

Pretty much all of season 2 is based on content original to the manga version that was absent from the webcomic (or at least was structured very differently). FWIW, a few folks have leveled those same complaints re: lacking the humor on the manga version.

The questionable animation is all new, tho

bacon flaps
Mar 1, 2005

every day im hustlin

Hellsau posted:

Same but with the Hadouken.

the way they murdered my boy metal bat was the low of the season for me

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

its cool that the arc made with the anime in mind was mishandled and ultimately pointless

Kild fucked around with this message at 05:03 on Jul 17, 2019

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Elfface posted:

3, 2, 1, Let's jam.

heh

turboraton
Aug 28, 2011
Blast is S1 animators

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007
The arc was good in the manga version. The whole manga had been good, indeed.

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.

UP AND ADAM posted:

The arc was good in the manga version. The whole manga had been good, indeed.

I agree.

I never really got the hate for the martial arts tournament/initial monster association attack arc, but then, I never read the webcomic (and have deliberately tried to avoid it as much as possible, despite its fans trying very hard at times to force it on me (not naming anyone specific in this thread, it's a thing across pretty much every community with OPM fans in it)). I think Sureau is a good character, and a really good contrast to Mumen Rider (and Snek and Lightning Ace more directly), insofar as he's incredibly naturally strong, but just doesn't have the attitude he needed.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
There's no hate for it, it's just largely pointless.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
There's quite a bit of hate for it in this very thread.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Mordaedil posted:

People hate filler. The problem is that 'filler' can mean anything from 'Saitama isn't on panel's to 'Saitama isn't punching a monster'

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Kild posted:

its cool that the arc made with the anime in mind was mishandled and ultimately pointless

I keep hearing this on other forums but did ONE ever actually say he added the tourney just for the anime or is that just conjecture from fans?

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Mordaedil posted:

It just overstayed its welcome.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop
The only real reason it feels like it took a long time was because Murata was very busy while it was being released and the release schedule was erratic.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

There's quite a bit of hate for it in this very thread.

bacon flaps
Mar 1, 2005

every day im hustlin
dont harness fear for political purposes in this thread please

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Brought To You By posted:

I keep hearing this on other forums but did ONE ever actually say he added the tourney just for the anime or is that just conjecture from fans?

I don't know if ONE ever said anything specifically, but it is true that with Murata's pace the manga would have overtaken the webcomic several times over by now if there weren't new content and if the old content weren't expanded.

The tourney arc is almost as long as the entire Monster Association segment in the webcomic, for example.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

The tournament arc is cool and concluded with one of my favorite touching moments.

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

It was all worth it when the dude asked to be Saitama's disciple.

bacon flaps
Mar 1, 2005

every day im hustlin

Schwarzwald posted:

I don't know if ONE ever said anything specifically, but it is true that with Murata's pace the manga would have overtaken the webcomic several times over by now if there weren't new content and if the old content weren't expanded.

The tourney arc is almost as long as the entire Monster Association segment in the webcomic, for example.

the webcomic's pace is also lightning-quick so im cool with more pretty pictures

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

It was a lot of small things, but the release schedule was the one main problem. The whole point of the manga is increasing the number of chapters before we see a one-punch happen, and the readers get antsy when we don’t even get those chapters.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
ONEs taken the redraw as opportunity to expand on the concept of being a hero (and obv expanding the fights to show off the s class) and adding more contrasting characters to Saitama.

The tourney arc was good for that.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Schwarzwald posted:

Wasn't he working on other projects for Capcom at the time which affected his release schedule? Also didn't his father pass away as well? I complain about release schedules too but I don't think it's fair to say it was made solely for the anime just because it took long

quote:

Tournament arc also gave King a better personality and expounded on Saitama's depression so I am fine with it being an addition.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
New chapter is up!

https://mangadex.org/chapter/671525/1

Sweet Mask gets his I fear no man, but that thing... moment