Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

My favorite part of that trailer is the fact that Entrapta apparently built herself a robot Hordak. And a robot Scorpia too but robot Hordak is way funnier to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Catra gonna join the Black Ops Best Friends Squad and rub her new gfbff scorpia in adora's face :hai:

Elfface posted:

Based on nothing at all, I'm going to say her name is... Horn-Head. She headbutts stuff. Probably a cameo from the original show.

Hornra, princess of

...horns? :shrug:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
:meowth: oh heeeeeeey Adora. You've met Scorpia, right? We play ~board games~ together
:thunkher: we do?
:meowth: of course
:thunkher: :neckbeard:

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Chokes McGee posted:

Catra gonna join the Black Ops Best Friends Squad and rub her new gfbff scorpia in adora's face :hai:

Catra would need to notice Scorpia for that to happen, and she's too hung up on Adora for that at the moment. Poor Scorpia. Too good for that selfish cat :colbert:

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
Catra gonna have other poo poo to worry about on her vacation to BEST ISLAND, I mean, BEAST ISLAND

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!
I know they were originally going to keep She-ra and He-man separate but......those were the goddamn Snake Men. Also Adora getting aggressive about wanting to know where she came from is giving me huge Eternia vibes.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

SDCC announced a lineup of She-Ra dolls.

https://twitter.com/mattel/status/1151612590717571072?s=21

Some people on Twitter are maaaaaaaaad.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

LadyPictureShow posted:

To be fair, when I saw that Glimmer I went "huh? that's not close to what that character looked like at all".

The Ultimate Doge
May 1, 2019

by Nyc_Tattoo

LadyPictureShow posted:

Being a little girl must suck

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
I'd buy an Entrapta doll, but only if pulling on one hair length made it say "FAAAAAASCINATING" and the other was just a horrified scream followed by "oooooh!"

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Yeesh, those are pretty bad, and don’t embody the characters at all.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

The_Doctor posted:

Yeesh, those are pretty bad, and don’t embody the characters at all.

Here, we had this rejected Barbie stock lying around on the floor of the factory. Take them and be grateful, children.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Anyway Catra’s going to get into the catnip at some point and it’s going to be funny

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
On the one hand, I wanted to have a She-Ra sit on my monitor, and the limited edition one is crazy-expensive.

On the other, it just doesn't look right to have her smile, rather than being stern.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Uh...?

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
It's a meme

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

That does not answer any questions I had.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
I believe the original was a fetish comic in the running for "most contrived pretense" in which the above happens, so Mandy has to be Billy's hands until they heal. So feed him, wash him, jerk him off... The usual things a nurse does for someone.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Elfface posted:

I believe the original was a fetish comic in the running for "most contrived pretense" in which the above happens, so Mandy has to be Billy's hands until they heal. So feed him, wash him, jerk him off... The usual things a nurse does for someone.
I didn't know about the rest of that, lmao

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
well here it is, our mlp moment

it was fun guys, wrap it up

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

:bisonyes:

The Ultimate Doge
May 1, 2019

by Nyc_Tattoo

They gave Adora a hell of a man jaw

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Here, we had this rejected Barbie stock lying around on the floor of the factory. Take them and be grateful, children.

Are they even using the curvier Barbie mold for Glimmer? Like, even if they were re-using Barbie stuff, they have varying bodyshapes for that line already, so if they're not using them, it's beyond lazy.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
Rather lengthy clip with Geena Davis' Huntara: https://ew.com/tv/2019/08/01/netflix-shera-geena-davis-huntara-exclusive-video/

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
Season 3 is imminent!!!

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Geena Davis is on this show AND Glow, that rules.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Glitter's tough face, and the barwoman's giggle at Adora's interruption are great. I hope Adora's crush doesn't screw her over too badly.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Just realised that the voice actress for Glimmer, Karen Fukuhara, was also the Female on The Boys.

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

Having watched the new episodes, all I have to say is this:

Catra, you’re dead to me.

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

I just finished watching and the last two episodes may be the best episodes of an animated series I've ever seen.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Watermelon Daiquiri posted:

Season 3 is imminent!!!
I'm on the edge of greatness, man! I can't take the wait anymore!

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Wow, it really is just parent issues all the way down, isn't it?

xeria
Jul 26, 2004

Ruh roh...
3x06 - Glimmer has a new mom :(

Nerdietalk
Dec 23, 2014

3x02: Just rewatching that Hordak flashback scene a million times, its so GORGEOUS. I need that music so bad and Keston John's guttural but desperate "I am not a defect. I am WORTH something" is so raw.

Also I thought they weren't allowed to use Horde Prime?

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
Wow, I took today off on accident since I'm taking all my Friday's off in August. Just binged the whole thing.

My only complaint: this is clearly Season 2 Part 2.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

nerdman42 posted:

3x02: Just rewatching that Hordak flashback scene a million times, its so GORGEOUS. I need that music so bad and Keston John's guttural but desperate "I am not a defect. I am WORTH something" is so raw.

Also I thought they weren't allowed to use Horde Prime?

I also liked how that episode fleshed out Hordak's relationship with Imp. The little guy's very obviously a failed clone, and yet Hordak treats him with nothing but kindness. :unsmith:

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

Darth Walrus posted:

I also liked how that episode fleshed out Hordak's relationship with Imp. The little guy's very obviously a failed clone, and yet Hordak treats him with nothing but kindness. :unsmith:

Holy crap I didn’t even put two and two together on that. :3:

This “season” has been amazing. I hope the next one has a happy ending, though. I have faith that Hordak will work with Adora to get Entrapta off Beast Island, right after Scorpia tells him about what Catra did. Because she’s too nice, but not so nice that she’s going to allow Catra to hurt a friend.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

DEEP LORE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Labes for days posted:

Holy crap I didn’t even put two and two together on that. :3:

This “season” has been amazing. I hope the next one has a happy ending, though. I have faith that Hordak will work with Adora to get Entrapta off Beast Island, right after Scorpia tells him about what Catra did. Because she’s too nice, but not so nice that she’s going to allow Catra to hurt a friend.

The next season (or seasons, depending on how they chop it up) will be the third quarter of the story, setting up the final conflict. I would be quite surprised if it has an especially happy ending. Hordak is firmly in Catra's Abuse Victims Making Terrible Decisions Club, and I'd assume he'll stay there for a while, at least until he gets some time to interact with Horde Prime again. If a Horde member does help get Entrapta off Beast Island, I'd expect it to be Imp. He likes her, he doesn't like Catra, and he sees everything.