Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
Congratulations on having sex for the third time, Scott Dixon!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Fuel isn't the only thing he can make last longer than it should.

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

Barnhart pretty firm that Colton's got a multi year deal and will be back with them.

KingShibby
Jan 30, 2004

Wherever you go, whatever you do, I will be right here waiting for you...

Yams Fan
This tweet most accurately describes today at the track, namely my feeling everytime I walk into the media center

https://twitter.com/simonpagenaud/status/1152372664130052097

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
For once I’m happy about a rain delay, that means I can probably get my kids to bed before this thing starts and enjoy it all the way through.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

hell yeah midnight racing :rice:

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
drat, that start from ferucci was ballsy

e: lolkaram

The Illusive Man
Mar 27, 2008

~savior of yoomanity~
gently caress Sage Karam

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
Welp, rain again

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
Penske beat down.

Reynold
Feb 14, 2012

Suffer not the unclean to live.
A good race. Thread favorite Santino Ferrucci continues to impress, Will Power manages to screw himself out of a good result yet again, and the championship contenders all placed well. Too bad about Sato though, the dude was having a good run this year. Karam doesn't seem to have a handle on the car at all, and while I had some small measure of sympathy for him before, I wouldn't mind seeing Carlin decline to put him behind the wheel the rest of the season. Marco drat near got black flagged again, which was a huge lol. Retire, you oval office.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

sage karam is remarkably untalented

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
It’s actually amazing that he(Karam) keeps getting rides.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Frond posted:

It’s actually amazing that he(Karam) keeps getting rides.

He's better than Marco.

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

iospace posted:

He's better got more money than Marco.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Looks like Iowa — once it got under way — was a real burner.

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
Can't wait to actually watch it. Stayed up till midnight, gave up and went to sleep at the red flag.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

iospace posted:

He's better than Marco.

marco showed promise early on in his career. he wasn't always The Worst.

sage karam has been total dogshit from day 1. he is worse than marco and one of the worst drivers i have ever seen in indycar.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

https://twitter.com/IndyCar/status/1153285579708215296?s=19

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

marco showed promise early on in his career. he wasn't always The Worst.

I'm still trying to reconcile how the guy who kept the car on the track at Detroit while running slicks on a wet track, finished five laps down at Indy and would have done worse at Iowa had he not parked it.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

IOwnCalculus posted:

I'm still trying to reconcile how the guy who kept the car on the track at Detroit while running slicks on a wet track, finished five laps down at Indy and would have done worse at Iowa had he not parked it.

He's cut from the same cloth as Danica: they both can show flashes of serious racing talent from time to time, but they can't channel it consistently.

Reynold
Feb 14, 2012

Suffer not the unclean to live.
I want Marco to announce he's stepping out of the driver's role and have it immediately followed by T. Bell shouting "IS THIS THE MARCO ANDRETTI WE'VE BEEN WAITING FOR?!"

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
How many more chances is Karam going to get?

KingShibby
Jan 30, 2004

Yams Fan
That crash wasn't Karam's fault. Sato got super loose and braked, Sage just couldn't avoid him since the closure rate was so fast he couldn't react

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

Frond posted:

How many more chances is Karam going to get?

as many more as his sponsors will pay for

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

KingShibby posted:

That crash wasn't Karam's fault. Sato got super loose and braked, Sage just couldn't avoid him since the closure rate was so fast he couldn't react

there was another crash he was in earlier in the race that was in fact completely his fault.

his average finish is 18th. his best finish on a road course, in fuckin ganassi equipment, was a loving 12th lmfao. darren loving manning had a rookie season that was leagues better than karam's, and that was during a really bad season for ganassi where dixon only finished 10th in points. there really aren't many drivers i can think of in indycar that have displayed less talent than sage karam, even poo poo-tier nobodies like jeff ward that hosed off into obscurity when the big three teams switched to indycar were better.

DEEP STATE PLOT fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Jul 22, 2019

KingShibby
Jan 30, 2004

Yams Fan

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

there was another crash he was in earlier in the race that was in fact completely his fault.

That could be true, it's hard to remember things that happen at 1am

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
There have obviously been worse drivers than Karam but I can’t remember the last time someone with so much hype delivered so little. He’s ok on ovals, but is among the worst on road and street circuits.

If he had been around 20 years earlier he probably would have been a decent IRL driver in the trash era, which is probably why a certain part of the fanbase likes him.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
Wasn’t Jeff Ward among the better IRL drivers?

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Frond posted:

no. i think he won one single race.

Frond posted:

There have obviously been worse drivers than Karam but I can’t remember the last time someone with so much hype delivered so little. He’s ok on ovals, but is among the worst on road and street circuits.

there have certainly been worse, but as far as drivers handed a top-tier ride, i cannot think of any that have done worse in the best cars in the series in at least the last decade than karam did with ganassi.

DEEP STATE PLOT fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Jul 23, 2019

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

no. i think he won one single race.

He could've won more if not for bad luck (mostly getting caught up in wrecks). Had two finishes at Indy in the top 3, and id say he was def in the top half of the IRL poverty series guys.

(yeah, I was a Wardy fan as a kid, piss off)

hunnert car pileup fucked around with this message at 00:29 on Jul 23, 2019

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

I love Robin Miller but jesus christ

https://racer.com/2019/07/22/miller-430-a-m-thoughts-from-the-iowa-tarmac/?utm_source=smg&utm_medium=wasabi&utm_content=home-hero

quote:

If you didn’t stay up for the telecast be sure and find the replay so you can watch Santino Ferrucci’s short-track debut. The 21-year-old American looked like Michael Andretti in traffic as he used the high side to make a myriad of passes, and he was especially entertaining on restarts. The kid is brave, but also drat good.

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008
Santino drove well.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

OhsH posted:

Santino drove well.

Hitler was a good public speaker.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Frond posted:

Jeff Ward was one of the best motocross racers of his era, for whatever that's worth.

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

Respect the power of the wind

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Jeff Ward was one of the best motocross racers of his era, for whatever that's worth.

Watch More Supercross

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

WindyMan posted:

Watch More Supercross

really any motorcycle racing, almost all of it is good

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 5 days!)

you're trying to tell me a guy named Santino Ferucci is an american ??

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Probably, Americans loving love pretending they're Italian because someone 3 generations ago saw a picture of Italy in a textbook.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
It's not a party until the bomb squad says it is

Peanut President posted:

you're trying to tell me a guy named Santino Ferucci is an american ??

yes Americans are known for their quality humaning