Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

FlamingLiberal posted:

I haven’t eaten at a BK in like 10 years but I noticed a significant drop in quality the last time I ate there compared to the time before

I quit eating there because the liquid smoke additive they use to make the burgers 'flame broiled' was more effective then ex-lax.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Churchill
Nov 27, 2007
Winston
In Sweden the market is more less divided between McDonald's, Burger king and the local chain Max with BK being third. Haven't noticed any drop in quality, but on the other hand I think most Burger Kings in Sweden are franchised by the same few companies that also are franchisees of other fast-food chains so I guess that means some sort of leverage against corporate or whatever. Also they're fairly clever when it comes to advertising, like when that Irish chain was sued by McDonald's in the EU for using the Mc-trademark but lost so BK renamed everything on the menu to variants of "Not a Big Mac".

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2019/jan/31/like-a-big-mac-but-juicier-burger-king-renames-sandwiches-to-troll-mcdonalds

They, or their agency rather, also did a tie-in with RDR2 where if you collected a cheese wedge, a bread roll, beef and pork in-game and scanned your inventory from an app you were given a voucher for a free whopper. I tried scanning my face which apparently resembles a cheese wedge enough to scan properly, I then tried it with my penis, turns out it looks like a bread roll :(

Site's still up if anyone's curious https://craftawhopper.com/

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Look at this motherfucker with a cheese wedge face and a bread roll dick.

Ofecks
May 4, 2009

A portly feline wizard waddles forth, muttering something about conjured food.

Churchill posted:

They, or their agency rather, also did a tie-in with RDR2 where if you collected a cheese wedge, a bread roll, beef and pork in-game and scanned your inventory from an app you were given a voucher for a free whopper. I tried scanning my face which apparently resembles a cheese wedge enough to scan properly, I then tried it with my penis, turns out it looks like a bread roll :(

:stare:

It does make me wonder exactly how many images of genitals BK's agency collected in their coffers before that promotion was done.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Speaking of which, do they still make those chicken fries?

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Speaking of which, do they still make those chicken fries?

Yeah, they had Cheetos versions at one point I think too

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
BK should go full Taco Bell and just embrace the fact that their food isn't very good but just do poo poo that drunk people will love

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

DariusLikewise posted:

BK should go full Taco Bell and just embrace the fact that their food isn't very good but just do poo poo that drunk people will love

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

BK did tacos over a decade ago.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
Are they as gross as they look

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

DariusLikewise posted:

I thought they tried that a few years ago when Wendy's was talking about fresh ingredients and healthy options, and McDonald's started making artisan burgers and pushing salads, and Burger King was all "Bullshit, stack that loving meat!"

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Jaxxon: Still not the stupidest thing from the expanded universe.

My local BK is just now ripping off KFC and doing $2 popcorn chicken.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
Seems like more often than not, BK has that 10 nuggets for $1.49 deal. That’s the only thing I can remember buying from them in years.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
my father in law will often eat 2 whoppers for dinner

he is the only person i know that still frequents BK

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I've been calling them "Hamburger King" lately because it's so gosh darn funny.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I call all those places the Hamburger Store.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

DariusLikewise posted:

They did just release some kinda pulled pork abomination, so maybe that's their plan already

BigDave posted:

I quit eating there because the liquid smoke additive they use to make the burgers 'flame broiled' was more effective then ex-lax.

Huh, wonder if that's what happened when I went there like a month ago...hadn't been there in years but it was on the way home & I didn't feel like cooking. My butthole hated me afterward though, worse than a few years back when I went to McD's & got their double cheeseburger/fries meal, dunno if it was the fries or burgers (or both) but the oily runs was not a fun time.

BOOTY-ADE has a new favorite as of 21:18 on Jul 18, 2019

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

I know that's not ketchup on that taco, but I also wouldn't put it past BK.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
This thread inspired me to go look up when Carls JR got inquired by a private equity firm to see if it lined up with my timeline of them going bad and it did.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

WithoutTheFezOn posted:

Seems like more often than not, BK has that 10 nuggets for $1.49 deal. That’s the only thing I can remember buying from them in years.

I have no idea what you're getting for 15 cents a nugget, but I honestly hope it's not chicken. I think a vaguely poultry tasting mass of fillers and sawdust would be healthier than any actual chicken they can process for that price.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
Boneless chicken breast with rib meat, water, isolated oat product, potato starch, seasoning (modified corn starch, salt, maltodextrin, yeast extract, chicken stock, flavors, wheat starch, dextrose, propylene glycol and citric acid), salt, sodium phosphates.

Chicken is cheap. I, a single consumer, can get chicken breast here any day of the week for $1.99/lb without a sale.

Ofecks
May 4, 2009

A portly feline wizard waddles forth, muttering something about conjured food.

What the gently caress are "flavors"? Some HFCS-type thing? Wouldn't surprise me, sugar is in goddamn everything. And when you want to buy something without sugar, it's full of fake sugar. The bread I buy is the latest example of that. Has like 10g of added sugar per serving so I thought I'd try the "sugar-free" loaves below it. Didn't check the ingredient list because you can bake loving bread without sugar, but found out later, nope, sucralose.

Ofecks has a new favorite as of 00:00 on Jul 20, 2019

uli2000
Feb 23, 2015

I saw a review of these recently and it looks exactly like the tacos at Jack in the Box. Speaking of JITB, how are they doing? I don't live anywhere near one but used to see and hear their advertising all the time, now I don't hear a thing about them.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

Ofecks posted:

What the gently caress are "flavors"? Some HFCS-type thing? Wouldn't surprise me, sugar is in goddamn everything. And when you want to buy something without sugar, it's full of fake sugar. The bread I buy is the latest example of that. Has like 10g of added sugar per serving so I thought I'd try the "sugar-free" loaves below it. Didn't check the ingredient list because you can bake loving bread without sugar, but found out later, nope, sucralose.

We like our bread sweet, okay.

The flavor thing can be tricky. If it says natural flavors that doesn't mean the natural flavors of the food. It's artificial flavoring derived from natural sources. If it says artificial flavoring then that's just straight cancer.

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Ofecks posted:

Sugar feeds the yeast! But seriously, bakeries have been sweetening bread for so long people get confused as to why homemade bread smells so good but taste relatively bland.

buddhist nudist
May 16, 2019

Krispy Wafer posted:

3G Capital owns a big chunk of Kraft-Heinz too. They took BK private, turned it around, and went public again while keeping a large stake. That said I know no one who eats Burger King and it wouldn’t surprise me if it’s a money laundering operation.

I generally preferred BK because all their sandwiches have the lettuce tomato and onion trifecta that makes a fast food burger taste like food. But changing Fast Food trends means that you can get this everywhere now.

Pope Corky the IX posted:

I thought they tried that a few years ago when Wendy's was talking about fresh ingredients and healthy options, and McDonald's started making artisan burgers and pushing salads, and Burger King was all "Bullshit, stack that loving meat!"

That blew up in their faces because they tied it into performative manliness in a super lame way that was transparently trying to latch onto meme culture of the time.

https://youtu.be/vGLHlvb8skQ

Krispy Wafer posted:

We like our bread sweet, okay.

The flavor thing can be tricky. If it says natural flavors that doesn't mean the natural flavors of the food. It's artificial flavoring derived from natural sources. If it says artificial flavoring then that's just straight cancer.

Natural Flavor is a code word to mean what we the manufacturer wants it to mean. Sugar is a natural flavor.

buddhist nudist has a new favorite as of 22:15 on Jul 20, 2019

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

BOOTY-ADE posted:

They did just release some kinda pulled pork abomination, so maybe that's their plan already

I've never been to a BK that is open past midnight, which here at least eliminates your drunk-rush at 2am when all the bars close.

TacticalHoodie
May 7, 2007

Detective No. 27 posted:

Kotaku's journalism has majorly improved over the past few years.

https://kotaku.com/as-esports-grows-experts-fear-its-a-bubble-ready-to-po-1834982843/amp

Basically, nobody really knows where the revenue is coming from. There's no objective third party or standardized way of getting analytics. And streams will be embedded on all sorts of sites and count as a view, disregarding if they're actually being watched or not.

I shared this with a guy on my facebook who won't stop spamming his stupid "local" esports team he is part of and he called me a hater.

Good for you dude, let me know how that cell phone selling job is working for ya while you keep training for Pro Smash.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

I can't take a sport seriously if they let you dress up like a furry to compete in it

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

vyst posted:

I can't take a sport seriously if they let you dress up like a furry to compete in it

Counterpoint: said furry is also a queer black guy and it makes all the lovely straight white guys in the terrible fighting game community froth at the mouth when he wins. He rules.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

How Rude posted:

Counterpoint: said furry is also a queer black guy and it makes all the lovely straight white guys in the terrible fighting game community froth at the mouth when he wins. He rules.

Counter counter point: it’s still loving weird.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...
Counter counter counter point: it's smash, who cares what the other person looks like.

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...
Counter-counter counter point: WE LIVE IN A SOCIETY SO I WILL TAKE WHAT I CAN GET.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

MarcusSA posted:

Counter counter point: it’s still loving weird.
The guy runs circles around just about anyone in a few other games so everyone can choke on it.

No one gives a poo poo when Mayweather comes out with a coterie of Justin Bieber and Steven Segal so let the guy be

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

uli2000 posted:

I saw a review of these recently and it looks exactly like the tacos at Jack in the Box. Speaking of JITB, how are they doing? I don't live anywhere near one but used to see and hear their advertising all the time, now I don't hear a thing about them.

So, what was the verdict.

Also I really want a JitB taco now.

Irradiation
Sep 14, 2005

I understand your frustration.
I haven't had them recently but when BK first introduced their tacos they were pretty much just like JITB tacos with a slightly different flavor so if you like JITB tacos you'll probably at least not hate the BK ones.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

JITB tacos are amazing.

They really have no right to be good but they are.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

SomeJazzyRat posted:

Counter-counter counter point: WE LIVE IN A SOCIETY

SonicFox: You know what I am? I’m a dog chasing cars.

MarcusSA posted:

JITB tacos are amazing.

They really have no right to be good but they are.

On the one hand I wish they wouldn’t drown it in that weird sauce, but on the other hand they might be doing that so we can’t tell what the M.E.A.T. tastes like.

Ariong has a new favorite as of 19:33 on Jul 22, 2019

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Ariong posted:

SonicFox: You know what I am? I’m a dog chasing cars.

On the one hand I wish they wouldn’t drown it in that weird sauce, but on the other hand they might be doing that so we can’t tell what the meat tastes like.

Its not actually meat :eng101:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

MarcusSA posted:

Its not actually meat :eng101:

Ok I fixed it.