Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Witcher 3 spoiler:
https://twitter.com/NoContextDSP/status/1129047297445244929

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
ack ack ack

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lmfao

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lmao, but also lol that I clicked on this and it spoiled the exact part of the story I'm on

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

i'm a little bit of both. when Oblivion came out i was wrapped up in the side quests so much that i didn't even touch the main quest until maybe a year after playing. ended up kicking myself because of all the free gear they give you after a quest or two. however, since Skyrim was more streamlined i did a better job of following the main quest with some side quest action here and there.

The Witcher III was an interesting experience though - i still haven't finished the main storyline. iirc the english translations of the first two books came out around the same time the game dropped, so after i got way too absorbed into the side quests and gwent i dropped the game and read those. they're kind of neat because the first two books are a collection of short stories which manage to play out just like the quests would.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Lmao, but also lol that I clicked on this and it spoiled the exact part of the story I'm on

Sorry dude, warned ya

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Macnult posted:

i'm a little bit of both. when Oblivion came out i was wrapped up in the side quests so much that i didn't even touch the main quest until maybe a year after playing. ended up kicking myself because of all the free gear they give you after a quest or two. however, since Skyrim was more streamlined i did a better job of following the main quest with some side quest action here and there.

I’ve put hundreds and hundreds of hours into Morrowind over the course of about 15 years and I still haven’t beaten the main quest once lol

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

I’ve put hundreds and hundreds of hours into Morrowind over the course of about 15 years and I still haven’t beaten the main quest once lol

same. it's fantastic. every few years i drop into it again and find something new to do.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Side quests first so you can clown on the main story bosses and feel superior.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
depends if they're good or not. If they're like witcher and are they're own story then yeah, i'll do a lot of them until I'm sick of the area or the act or whatever and then I blow through the story and move on. if they're ubisoft tier collect 10 things I ignore them. As much as I liked dragons dogma the side content was very boring most of the time because it was stuff like that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Larry Parrish posted:

depends if they're good or not. If they're like witcher and are they're own story then yeah, i'll do a lot of them until I'm sick of the area or the act or whatever and then I blow through the story and move on. if they're ubisoft tier collect 10 things I ignore them. As much as I liked dragons dogma the side content was very boring most of the time because it was stuff like that

Yeah, I'm much the same. I'll play through most/all of the side-content for games like The Witcher 3 and Bethesda games (plus some others, like Sleeping Dogs) before completing the main story. But I generally don't bother doing much side-content with other/inferior games, unless I happen to stumble upon the side-quest and feel like seeing how it pans out.