Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

The Glumslinger posted:

Unless the caucus is threatening to revolt, Pelosi won't impeach. She clearly thinks that it is the better political move and is unwilling to change her mind on the issue

She's a loving moron.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
Impeachment could be key to winning the senate too. There are quite a few vulnerable GOP Senators who I would LOVE to get on the record voting Not Guilty in an impeachment trial.

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!

The Glumslinger posted:

Unless the caucus is threatening to revolt, Pelosi won't impeach. She clearly thinks that it is the better political move and is unwilling to change her mind on the issue

Heaven forbid we spotlight the crimes in a cogent and (potentially) meaningful fashion.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Mahoning posted:

Impeachment could be key to winning the senate too. There are quite a few vulnerable GOP Senators who I would LOVE to get on the record voting Not Guilty in an impeachment trial.

There would probably never even be a vote. Just having an impeachment committee having hearings every week and keeping this in the news is the point. Nothing else they are doing will get any coverage in the media.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
https://twitter.com/FrancesRobles/status/1154138869199265793

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
My wife just got texted a URL to this:

The Super-Id
Nov 9, 2005

"You know it's what you really want."

Grimey Drawer
Time to launch my campaign to investigate the investigator investigators.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

CommieGIR posted:

very legit website there.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Discendo Vox posted:

very legit website there.

https://act.devinnunes.com/donate/i...&recurring=TRUE

real crap, from the master of craps.

The Super-Id posted:

Time to launch my campaign to investigate the investigator investigators.

Who watches the watchers who watch the watchmen!

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!

CommieGIR posted:

Who watches the watchers who watch the watchmen!

The watchmen, so it's a nice system of checks and balances.

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

I've said this before, but I feel like the best time to hold the impeachment vote would be late enough in the campaign cycle that it hangs around and dominates the election, but not so early that McConnell can put it to rest before election day.

Now here's the tricky bit - do you think McConnell will slow walk the impeachment trial to after the election, or do you think he tries to rush it to get it over with? Because the time when you'd have the vote as speaker depends on what you think McConnell would do.

Edit: to be clear, I mean the house floor vote to send articles of impeachment to the Senate, and the Senate conducting their trial with Roberts presiding, not the vote to send the question to the judiciary committee, which would be the current next step.

Tibalt fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Jul 24, 2019

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

CommieGIR posted:

Now here's the burning question: Can you donate $Go gently caress Yourself Devin in the custom amount field?

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747

CommieGIR posted:

$2,800 is a very specific number.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

nine-gear crow posted:

Now here's the burning question: Can you donate $Go gently caress Yourself Devin in the custom amount field?

Or indeed, do some kind of SQL injection thingy and break the site for funsies?

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.
Spitballing: they won't do an impeachment vote now.

They'll start impeachment hearings. Which will last through next year, culminating in a spring/early summer vote. They'll then hang the senate vote around the GOP-heavy 2020 senate elections.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Your Boy Fancy posted:

$2,800 is a very specific number.

That's the limit for individual campaign contributions.

Fart Amplifier
Apr 12, 2003

OAquinas posted:

Spitballing: they won't do an impeachment vote now.

They'll start impeachment hearings. Which will last through next year, culminating in a spring/early summer vote. They'll then hang the senate vote around the GOP-heavy 2020 senate elections.

Why would they do an impeachment vote now? Voting to actually impeach would be the end of anything getting done

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

Tibalt posted:

I've said this before, but I feel like the best time to hold the impeachment vote would be late enough in the campaign cycle that it hangs around and dominates the election, but not so early that McConnell can put it to rest before election day.

Now here's the tricky bit - do you think McConnell will slow walk the impeachment trial to after the election, or do you think he tries to rush it to get it over with? Because the time when you'd have the vote as speaker depends on what you think McConnell would do.

McConnell would speed through it because he knows the Guilty votes would never get to 60. If you know you’re winning you want the game to be over sooner rather than later.

Obama 2012
Mar 28, 2002

"I never knew what hope was until it ran out in a red gush over my lips, my hands!"

-Anne Rice, Interview with the President

Spaced God posted:

I'm not nothing mattersing but Pelosi seems hard pressed on decorum so I don't think impeachment will ever happen.

Democracy dies in decorum.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

https://twitter.com/mkraju/status/1154141413145305088

Stay focused on what? Passing bills that get ZERO coverage in the media? She's loving useless.

Flip Yr Wig
Feb 21, 2007

Oh please do go on
Fun Shoe

Fart Amplifier posted:

Why would they do an impeachment vote now? Voting to actually impeach would be the end of anything getting done

Well poo poo, sounds like a Pelosi kinda plan to me!

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

Mahoning posted:

McConnell would speed through it because he knows the Guilty votes would never get to 60. If you know you’re winning you want the game to be over sooner rather than later.
But that requires getting potentially vulnerable senators on record voting for or against impeachment before election day.

Like, for example, Collins.

Insanite
Aug 30, 2005

mcmagic posted:

Stay focused on what? Passing bills that get ZERO coverage in the media? She's loving useless.

Just relentlessly useless.

Fart Amplifier
Apr 12, 2003

Flip Yr Wig posted:

Well poo poo, sounds like a Pelosi kinda plan to me!

The best case for impeachment proceedings is that you get more of what you got today

marshmonkey
Dec 5, 2003

I was sick of looking
at your stupid avatar
so
have a cool cat instead.

:v:
Switchblade Switcharoo
https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1154135084762447872

Monowhatever
Mar 19, 2010

mcmagic posted:

Gotta pass those messaging bills so people know why we took the house! wait...

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

How much are they paying the cops? Or is the desire to crack skulls just that great?

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

we've found a question to definitely keep asking

Triskelli posted:

How much are they paying the cops? Or is the desire to crack skulls just that great?

nobody seems to know what's up yet, possibly including the cops

Zoph
Sep 12, 2005

If the Democrats aren't even going to start proceedings after all this your energy in the future will be better spent on preparing for revolution than ever voting for the Democratic party again.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
*getting my rear end kicked daily and dunked on by everyone*

gotta keep my eyes on the ball!

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

Tibalt posted:

But that requires getting potentially vulnerable senators on record voting for or against impeachment before election day.

Like, for example, Collins.

He’d probably allow them to vote Guilty because he’d still have the numbers.

BUT, it’s a lose lose for those Senators either way because if they vote Guilty, they’re likely losing a lot of Trump voters, and they can’t possibly win without Trump voters.

I don’t know if McConnell holds as much control over the impeachment process as he does over regular senate business though, so who knows.

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747

Are we due for a More Isolated Than Ever streak?

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Yeah. Deep down trump knows the only reason he isn’t hosed is because he is in office.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.
https://twitter.com/barbarastarrcnn/status/1154141049436217344

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

I appreciate the way his hair perfectly aligns with the slope of the roof in the first photo.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Mahoning posted:

I don’t know if McConnell holds as much control over the impeachment process as he does over regular senate business though, so who knows.

He's not supposed to, other than possibly getting to decide whether the Senate takes it up at all, which is untested.

An impeachment trial is presided over by... the Chief Justice.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

I would honestly love if Donny is perp walked out of his own successor's inauguration. That would own :allears:

Have Barr personally arrested by the new AG as well :getin:

TulliusCicero fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Jul 24, 2019

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Zophar posted:

If the Democrats aren't even going to start proceedings after all this your energy in the future will be better spent on preparing for revolution than ever voting for the Democratic party again.

They really are doing their damnest to suppress democratic turnout in elections.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

I like that they're timing their tests to maximally antagonise the orangutan with the nuclear codes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Lol. When it rains it pours.