Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Ben Nevis posted:

I think someone had mentioned knowing Blasphemy in Medusa. If so can you let them know they're down to like an hour left, again?

Yeah I sent him a message a couple hours ago

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Felter Chesthard
Sep 11, 2001
Message him again because he's back on the clock.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Felter Chesthard posted:

Message him again because he's back on the clock.

Done

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Did everyone take the death’s division name literal? poo poo has not moved for two days.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt

jabro posted:

Did everyone take the death’s division name literal? poo poo has not moved for two days.

I don't think that's actually possible.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

Alfalfa posted:

It's not, but we did just have a 26 hour period where 3 picks were made.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Just death and medusa are still drafting. Death is in round 17 and medusa round 15

One they're done I'll merge all the divisions and post images of the draft boards

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Alfalfa posted:

You must be fun at parties.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

wbutton just autodrafted his first pick at the turn. Could we give him a poke?

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Done

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

8 picks in the last 46 hours :gonk:

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

We had a guy doing drugs with Kevin Smith and we still finished first. Shout out to Frankenstein division.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
I'm not going to lie, I love this bit. It's like distilled essence of drafting. 6 picks left, and I have 6 dudes. Due to all sorts of things, it's probably possible to get them all. But how best to? Also it's nice to be in a position to believe in a guy more than anyone other than his mother. I'll probably as disappointed, but still...

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Medusa is only 4 picks behind death

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
That's Blasphemy's 2nd (maybe more) time out.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Thanks, I put him on auto

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004
I don't see a specific explanation for this, how does free agency work during the summer? Is it a single waiver period then FCFS after the divisions are re-merged together until week 1? Or does it just do the normal waiver cycle through August?

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Drunk Nerds posted:

Thanks, I put him on auto

Just put all the other divisions on auto so they can finish, stop complaining, and we can start not trading.

Frankenstein rules

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

spacejung posted:

I don't see a specific explanation for this, how does free agency work during the summer? Is it a single waiver period then FCFS after the divisions are re-merged together until week 1? Or does it just do the normal waiver cycle through August?

I was thinking about that today. What does Scott fish bowl do?

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Drunk Nerds posted:

I was thinking about that today. What does Scott fish bowl do?

No adds/drops until 1st waiver runs which is 9/4.

Waiver Moves

Waivers will run Wednesday at 1PM EST.
After 1PM EST Wed. It will be First Come, Firse Serve until Sunday at noon.
No players will be allowed to be picked up from noon Sunday until the Wed. waiver run.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Medusa is no longer the slowest division, good job

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
Moving on up!

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
Why not just do drafts in divisions of 10 instead of 12? More players means you can still give a poo poo about players in the later rounds and that's two less teams to burn through their entire 8 hour timer. The problem is no one gives a poo poo once all the players are gone in round 9. 11 reserve spots is insane for a 12 team league. I get that the point is to draft these no-name schlubs but at some point you should seriously consider compromising for the sake of quality-of-life.

For the record, I absolutely don't care about how long a draft that started in the middle of loving July takes, but I do care about the incessant bitching from people who apparently have nothing to do in their lives but the Goon Fish Bowl draft. I feel very bad for those people.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Tiny Tubesteak Tom posted:

Why not just do drafts in divisions of 10 instead of 12? More players means you can still give a poo poo about players in the later rounds and that's two less teams to burn through their entire 8 hour timer. The problem is no one gives a poo poo once all the players are gone in round 9. 11 reserve spots is insane for a 12 team league. I get that the point is to draft these no-name schlubs but at some point you should seriously consider compromising for the sake of quality-of-life.

For the record, I absolutely don't care about how long a draft that started in loving July takes, but I do care about the incessant bitching from people who apparently have nothing to do in their lives but the Goon Fish Bowl draft. I feel very bad for those people.

I enjoy hunting for value in all the late rounds way more than the generic this is who you are supposed to pick in the early rounds.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

For the record, I absolutely don't care about how long a draft that started in the middle of loving July takes, but I do care about the incessant bitching from people who apparently have nothing to do in their lives but the Goon Fish Bowl draft. I feel very bad for those people.

Yet here you are bitching.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot

Alfalfa posted:

I enjoy hunting for value in all the late rounds way more than the generic this is who you are supposed to pick in the early rounds.

Me too. That's why I joined. Based on all the :qq: between this thread and the draft room, it seems like a lot of people didn't really know what they were signing up for. If someone isn't cool with an 8 hour draft timer knowing that things would slow down especially in the later rounds, they should stick to your typical Yahoo or ESPN league snake drafts with 120 second timers IMHO.

jabro posted:

Yet here you are bitching.

Pretty rich coming from one of the worst offenders. Why not just quit?

barnold fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Jul 26, 2019

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004
When you totally understand what you signed up for:

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Next year I'll explain clearly that the 8 hour timer is for people who can't get on the internet at work, and that if you are available you should set it to email reminders and not sit on the clock

That should fix it. 10 team divisions is a good idea that would fix it, but I can't do a ten team draft, I kind of think twelve gets kind of boring

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

The whole point is deep rosters and tough competition on the waiver wires. Its a hard-mode fantasy league.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Everything about this post is wrong

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Gobias Ind. posted:

Everything about this post is wrong

That’s because you have nothing to do in your life.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

To be fair, a lot of the bitching is more a reflection of our enthusiasm and excitement to be drafting. Outside of the first dude in Frankenstein, I never felt like any of us were actually annoyed with each other.

Also, gently caress making the leagues smaller. This is all about the deep cuts.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

Sataere posted:

To be fair, a lot of the bitching is more a reflection of our enthusiasm and excitement to be drafting. Outside of the first dude in Frankenstein, I never felt like any of us were actually annoyed with each other.

Also, gently caress making the leagues smaller. This is all about the deep cuts.

Like I don't often get a chance to draft a dude with an ADP of 250+, but I get to in GFB!

Pirc
Jun 10, 2004

lol liqu0rz durnkz
I think this league is great as it is so far. I get to pretend I'm swimming with the big fish while splashing in my radioactive mud pond. Something Awful always surprises.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
I like me some Ian Thomas in round 21. Olsen is dunzo

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
If you're looking for more draft fun, we need a few more players for a forums vs forums draft competition next week. We could use someone with your unique skillset

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3888252&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=33#post497030275

Yes, I am talking to you

Scruffy the janitor
Dec 31, 2007

A greater tragedy my eyes have never beheld
If this aj green thing is serious my receivers are turbo hosed

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004

Scruffy the janitor posted:

If this aj green thing is serious my receivers are turbo hosed

Welp

e: I'm cool I got Golden Tate

spacejung fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Jul 27, 2019