Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Facebook Aunt posted:

Well that depends on whether you think Jesus was in reality or not. Jesus is said to have cast demons out of a dude into a herd of swine, which then ran into a lake and drowned. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exorcism_of_the_Gerasene_demoniac

Not sure why the swine were involved though. Modern exorcists don't use animal props. :iiam:

Mods, please change my name to The Gadarene Swine, tia.

ed: swine snype

Pigsfeet on Rye has a new favorite as of 15:01 on Jul 20, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

NASA and the Smithsonian did a very cool thing in D.C. last night on the mall.

https://wtop.com/dc/2019/07/washington-monument-appears-to-blast-off-during-apollo-11-show/

Watch the video for snippets, it’s quite impressive.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2019/jul/22/seagull-carries-away-dog-from-garden-devon

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Bertrand Hustle posted:

Royal Catnadian Meownted Pawlice

I'm not sorry

This is probably gonna be an anime soon.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
There's 'poop in the water' at America's dirtiest beaches. Is yours on the list?

Look, before you read this list, let me just say one thing: sometimes the bathroom is really far from the shoreline, okay?

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

Is there a headline that reads "Boris Johnson new PM" yet? Because that would fit the thread

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Congrats on your off-brand Trump PM, Brits

lol Brexit just keeps getting dumber

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Sir Lemming posted:

There's 'poop in the water' at America's dirtiest beaches. Is yours on the list?

Look, before you read this list, let me just say one thing: sometimes the bathroom is really far from the shoreline, okay?
:itwaspoo:

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Won't somebody think of the starving hamsters in China?

Without even clicking through I can tell you that, no, my poop isn't on the list.

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

"Democracy for the insignificant minority, democracy for the rich--that is the democracy of capitalist society." VI Lenin

[/quote]

Sir Lemming posted:

As a San Diego native (unfortunately no longer living there), I can talk all day about how Tijuana dumps semi-treated sewage directly into the ocean, and how it likes to drift up to Imperial Beach.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Poooop in the water
Fire in your eyes

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Fish and whales poop in there

And octopuses

And corals, presumably

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Not a headline yet, but give it time.

https://mobile.twitter.com/jaredomaramp/status/1153742493034438656

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
Man, it's been a rough decade for people named Jared.

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

For those of us who aren’t extremely online, who is this?

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
British politician’s employee(?) going off on him on his own account

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Cacafuego posted:

For those of us who aren’t extremely online, who is this?

Here's an excerpt from the extremely online website, Wikipedia

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I'm legitimately surprised that doesn't happen more often.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

The dude who posted this is getting blowback on his Twitter because O’Mara has disabilities and addiction issues. Which, couldn’t he also be a terrible MP and an even worse boss nonetheless?

cinni
Oct 17, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

AlbieQuirky posted:

The dude who posted this is getting blowback on his Twitter because O’Mara has disabilities and addiction issues. Which, couldn’t he also be a terrible MP and an even worse boss nonetheless?

Its an interesting slippery slope kind of thing. Assholes come in all shapes, sizes, colors, and kinds. Does that mean there are exceptions for some cases, or if they are holding an office like MP should be held to the same standards? Its a very touchy subject for many people. I don't even want to get too deep into it myself.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

cinni posted:

Its an interesting slippery slope kind of thing. Assholes come in all shapes, sizes, colors, and kinds. Does that mean there are exceptions for some cases, or if they are holding an office like MP should be held to the same standards? Its a very touchy subject for many people. I don't even want to get too deep into it myself.

If you can get elected to government, you can get the same criticism as a neurotypical person.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
I don't know this guy but if the terrible poo poo you believe gets people hurt it's open season and gently caress your feelings.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/ASankin/status/1153864141225938944

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

chitoryu12 posted:

If you can get elected to government, you can get the same criticism as a neurotypical person.

Yep. Politicians are always fair game.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Hahaha it's like Ben Garrison was literate

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

I don't even understand why they were using a camera for this where that is even an option. Like were they using a phone or tablet instead of a proper camera???

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

lol at thinking Fat Andy Warhol is some kind of Aryan ubermensch

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Stealing this from the schadenfreude thread:

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

But it's not my birthday... And who's the little girl? I don't know her.
:thunk:

thetechnoloser
Feb 11, 2003

Say hello to post-apocalyptic fun!
Grimey Drawer

BattleMaster posted:

I don't even understand why they were using a camera for this where that is even an option. Like were they using a phone or tablet instead of a proper camera???

It may surprise you that it's non-trivial to use a 'normal' DSLR/camera for FB Live/Twitter/whatever and the like unless you have one of those ones that's dedicated purely to livestreaming.

It's like 1/10th the cost to throw a phone or tablet on a tripod and easier, to boot.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

I love that this keeps happening and it's always cat ears.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
The Jared O'Mara thing is kind of grim because the guy doing it is a notorious, sophisticated, and dangerously irresponsible hoaxer who may or may not have wormed his way into an autistic dude's confidences for shits and giggles - he became O'Mara's chief of staff a month before the blow-up.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Darth Walrus posted:

The Jared O'Mara thing is kind of grim because the guy doing it is a notorious, sophisticated, and dangerously irresponsible hoaxer who may or may not have wormed his way into an autistic dude's confidences for shits and giggles - he became O'Mara's chief of staff a month before the blow-up.

Thank you for this context. I was wondering why he was getting so much blowback, but this makes more sense.

Well, sometimes it’s assholes all the way down.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
We should just shut down all this UK politics until we figure out what the hell's going on.

Meanwhile, in the US: Epstein was beat up in jail. Or maybe he tried to commit suicide. Or maybe he's faking it to try to get transferred. This is really great reporting, "four sources have three stories so we're just going to give you all of them, you figure it out."

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Can you spot the hawk sitting on a big mouth biting an apple?

Why is this on the newspaper's site? :psyduck:

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

This is why you don’t crowdsource your content.

That being said, Jim Morris of Sacramento Valley Water is on the avant-garde.

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord
https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/status/1154310084564004864?s=20

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/1154423670909145093?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU