Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

Cartoon Man posted:

https://www.azcentral.com/story/new...any/1720254001/

Weird News Headlines: A cooler filled with penises

:flaccid:

:capitalism:

how much for just the penis

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

everyone feels that way and gives up.
that's how they get away with it.

bodies piled high.

come get u some

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

someone who is good at the economy please help me budget this. my unholy frankensteinian creation is dying

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

spend less on spines

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Bertrand Hustle posted:

spend less on spines

no

guestimate
Nov 10, 2011

Hmmmmmm
Woulda thought pelvis would be more :shrug:

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

This chart describes some people's only value.

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug
While investing in body parts is an excellent hedge against a poor economy, the bottom is about to fall out of the hair market and I advise you all sell. Why? Because:

Soon There Will Be Unlimited Hair

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

[Morgan Freeman]No one would have believed in the early years of the 21st century that mankind had willfully engineered its own destruction[/Morgan Freeman]

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

What is this bizarre Frankenstein poo poo

This is the same state where the comatose patient was impregnated, right, must be something in the water causing medical people to act like video game villains.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

It's the heat.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Cartoon Man posted:

Weird News Headlines: A cooler filled with penises
Everyone knows you're supposed to keep them in a bag.

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug
Why is there an option for a complete body without.... shoulders? And are the arms still attached? And if so, how?

leethasbro
Apr 11, 2005

Rat Enthusiast
(for the wealthy)

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

Phlegmish posted:

What is this bizarre Frankenstein poo poo

Sounds very Frankenstein-ish in this article.

https://kutv.com/news/nation-world/graphic-fbi-found-bucket-of-heads-arms-and-legs-bodies-sewn-together-in-arizona-07-25-2019

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

So why did they put that as the headline when there are so many more things worse than that? Like they found a torso with a head sewn on hanging from the wall like some sort of Frankenstein's monster.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I am unreasonably amused by the phrase "Alexandria Library of Hentai."

Carnotaurus
Feb 27, 2006

meat-eating bull

ImpAtom posted:

50 terabytes of hentai lost in time, like tears in rain.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

ImpAtom posted:

... It's... I've always, before today, seen it as "Library of Alexandria" :psyduck:

Ada
Apr 22, 2014

Practice proper gun's safety.
The archive isn't even gone the guy just doesn't want to deal with running the site anymore. It's only down till he finds a successor to the throne of anime tittes, and a server in a country that won't prosecute for the endless underage drawings that are stored on it.

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

Ada posted:

The archive isn't even gone the guy just doesn't want to deal with running the site anymore. It's only down till he finds a successor to the throne of anime tittes, and a server in a country that won't prosecute for the endless underage drawings that are stored on it.

so japan?

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

I thought they started cracking down on that? Or is anime given a pass there?

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
They've put the boots to it a little in the leadup to the 2020 olympics because they want you to have to go looking for the creepy stuff, not just find it on the side of a train like it's 2006.

Ruflux
Jun 16, 2012

Proteus Jones posted:

I thought they started cracking down on that? Or is anime given a pass there?

I think they recently argued against a UN ban for such content, so I'm going to wager a "no" there

(also I'm pretty sure the US did so too)

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Scathach posted:

So why did they put that as the headline when there are so many more things worse than that? Like they found a torso with a head sewn on hanging from the wall like some sort of Frankenstein's monster.

People love to joke about dicks even in the context of horrific genital mutilation, it's a universal theme. So if you're writing a clickbait article that's what you want to lead with

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

:siren: IGUANA WARS UPDATE :siren:

I mean what the hell did they think Floridaman was gonna do?

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

Dachshundofdoom posted:

While investing in body parts is an excellent hedge against a poor economy, the bottom is about to fall out of the hair market and I advise you all sell. Why? Because:

Soon There Will Be Unlimited Hair

I can finally achieve my dream of becoming a sasquatch

Rysithusiku
Nov 10, 2013

Witness the assless man and despair!
All futures point to a world of filled holes.
Australian border police stop $1million worth of Liquid Meth Snowglobes

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

So you guys think it would be alright to go to Florida to pick up some free iguanas?

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Scathach posted:

So you guys think it would be alright to go to Florida to pick up some free iguanas?

come through Kentucky on your way and I'll come with you; my dead gay backyard needs an adorable invasive species

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

Pastry of the Year posted:

come through Kentucky on your way and I'll come with you; my dead gay backyard needs an adorable invasive species

Hell yeah lizard road trip!

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Scathach posted:

Hell yeah lizard road trip!

environmental biologist in 2086, reading this thread:

siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Cartoon Man posted:

:siren: IGUANA WARS UPDATE :siren:

I mean what the hell did they think Floridaman was gonna do?

The War with the Newts will be short and easy to win.

Unrelated:

https://twitter.com/jamisonfoser/status/1155145669587324928

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

Nah it's okay. I'm in the PNW and they'd freeze if they got loose.

Besides, we really need more protein sources when the world goes to poo poo.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Scathach posted:

Nah it's okay. I'm in the PNW and they'd freeze if they got loose.

Besides, we really need more protein sources when the world goes to poo poo.

Just LOL that you think there's going to be any freezing there in 60 years.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Post Your Favorite (or Request): Coldly Compiled Lists › Weird News Headlines, Quotes, & Articles: Bootleg Iguanas Are Our Memento Mori

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

Absurd Alhazred posted:

The War with the Newts will be short and easy to win.

Unrelated:

https://twitter.com/jamisonfoser/status/1155145669587324928
Just came sprinting over to post this:

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2019/jul/27/passenger-in-clown-suit-prompts-mass-brawl-on-po-cruise-ship

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

https://twitter.com/southafao/status/1155161601907089408?s=21

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist
time to try this puppy out

Stop reading about extinct species and get back to work

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cinni
Oct 17, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Florida Man strikes again!

Florida Man Offers UFO Abduction Insurance for Area 51 Raid, but You Need an Alien Signature and It Pays $1 per Year for 10 Million Years

https://www.newsweek.com/florida-alien-abduction-insurance-area-51-raid-mike-st-lawrence-saint-lawrence-agency-1451238

"A Florida man who has offered a very tongue-in-cheek alien abduction insurance policy for decades has now added coverage for anyone plotting to raid the top-secret United States Air Force facility known as Area 51—but it's best to read the small print.

Mike St. Lawrence, who spearheads The Saint Lawrence Agency in Altamonte Springs, says that the operation has existed since 1987—charging $19.95 for a digital lifetime plan and $24.95 for a paper version. Thanks to a recent social media sensation, business is on the up.

A line of text on St. Lawrence's retro website references the "Storm Area 51, They Can't Stop All of Us" campaign on Facebook, which spawned a new meme and forced a response from the U.S. military. It reads: "We have just added Area 51 Coverage! If you get in, but don't come out."

The alien abduction scheme says it provides $10 million compensation in the event the policyholder is beamed up. It covers medical issues (all outpatient psychiatric care), sarcasm coverage (immediate family members only) and double indemnity coverage to the sum of $20 million in the event aliens insist on conjugal visits or the extraterrestrial encounter results in offspring.

St. Lawrence told WFLA last month his business has sold upwards of 6,000 policies since 1987. He says there have been two claims since the company formation—and only one big payout. The catch is in the fine print: cash is paid in installments of $1 per year for 10 million years.

A form has to be submitted that asks for proof of abduction. St. Lawrence says the firm needs evidence such as a signature from an "authorized, on-board alien" or a UFO tag number."