Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Is his art getting worse or is it just because he's attempting to go outside of his comfort zone of side view talking heads?

If I had to guess, he’s taking his original style, which heavily cribbed from the worst parts of anime, and trying to apply more detail on top. You can still see the framework of the snout but now he’s trying to add a bunch of anatomy on top without studying structure first. Doing a silent story was kind of a bad idea since it relies solely on your art, and this is Dominic Deegan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
He really has to remind people that Snout is deaf. Just, shove it in our faces.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

I don't know why I'm focusing on this, but the basket is weirding me out. I have so many questions about it.

- Why does he put her in the basket instead of just carrying her? All he did was add an extra step.
- Why does it change sizes three times? On the last page it was medium size, at the beginning of this page it became tiny, and by the end of the page it's big enough for her. (Ok, I know the answer to this one.)
- What was he even doing with the basket? There's nothing outside on the DBZ plain he lives on and the basket started empty. Is he collecting rocks? Does he eat 40 pounds of grass for every meal?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Brought To You By posted:

He really has to remind people that Snout is deaf. Just, shove it in our faces.
Pushing it right up in our snouts.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Glad he included the big DEAF tag on that panel, I almost forgot!

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

I think he uses the basket to avoid getting blood on his clothes. The basket got bigger because as we all know dead woman's blood can enlarge things.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Oh my loving god.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Im glad the only good webcomic is back.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

Mordja posted:

Im glad the only good webcomic is back.

McNinja's back too?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Kill Six Billion Demons never went anywhere.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

A good party trick for when you pass out vomiting and you need a friend to take you home

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Ahahahahaha no dialogue in this story, right right

Only took him, what, a dozen pages to introduce a character that inherently can get around that limitation with no trouble at all? How long before he figures out a magical way for Snout to converse back?

Also, things in Snout's house:

- basket
- bedroll
- pillow
- nothing else

SupSuper
Apr 8, 2009

At the Heart of the city is an Alien horror, so vile and so powerful that not even death can claim it.

TheHan posted:

If I had to guess, he’s taking his original style, which heavily cribbed from the worst parts of anime, and trying to apply more detail on top. You can still see the framework of the snout but now he’s trying to add a bunch of anatomy on top without studying structure first. Doing a silent story was kind of a bad idea since it relies solely on your art, and this is Dominic Deegan.
The face close-ups are really bad.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I wish I had the power to telekinetically spell out precisely drawn letters in my blood while dead/unconscious.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Guess I should've known by "silent story" he meant no text bubbles. Less Journey and more The Quiet Man.

SupSuper posted:

The face close-ups are really bad.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Not sure it would take any prompting to understand that a bleeding person needs help. Snout had already started working that out anyways so the message is both late and unneeded.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I suspect it's going to be more "help me... by getting the Plot MacGuffin."

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Wait wait, poo poo, I should have called the like "Catching up on The Worst Witch"

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

starting to develop a "wanker" theme from Mookie's latest work

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

God bless you Tesseraction.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

I'd been holding off editing the next page because I didn't know what was happening next, but seems Mookie still has the same exploit to get comics early

(unedited... for now)

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Can’t even really commit to the silent gimmick, gotta have blood telepathy.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
At this point does the story really need to be silent? Could you not, say, trim all the fat that's used to convey they aren't talking and then put speech bubbles around the text without losing any information?

and a lil friend.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

:effort:

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

lol that was my first edit idea, albeit for the previous comic's final panel

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

:laffo: I just remembered there's a racial element to this.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

wow incredible how he's doing this without any dialogAHAHAHAHAHAHA gently caress

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler
Oh. Ha ha. How'd I miss this thread for so long. Good edits so far, though I do not think I have it in me to follow another Mookie series.

He ever finish his space superhero comic?

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Star Power? It's still going. It's currently in the middle of a successful kickstarter for a printed book. I guess it's just too boring for anyone here to care about, I know I got like 5 pages in and completely lost interest.

There might be some of his trademark storytelling in there, but maybe it's the competent art that just keeps it from being a compelling trainwreck? I dunno, if someone else wants to dig into it to see if there's anything there, go for it.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Star Power is just a boring and mediocre Green Lantern comic. With someone else there to curb him, it's not quite the hilarious train wreck that DD is (though I hear that now that Mookie's taken over drawing it, it's gotten entertainingly worse).

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

also like star power's readership apparently took a massive dive after he started drawing. :v:

SupSuper
Apr 8, 2009

At the Heart of the city is an Alien horror, so vile and so powerful that not even death can claim it.

TheHan posted:

At this point does the story really need to be silent? Could you not, say, trim all the fat that's used to convey they aren't talking and then put speech bubbles around the text without losing any information?
Or he could've just skipped all the words:

Like the ship has been in every other page so it's not exactly subtle, but it's an attempt.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

PMush Perfect posted:

(though I hear that now that Mookie's taken over drawing it, it's gotten entertainingly worse).

I'm pretty sure that was just a one-issue special thing and the artist is still working with him.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

SupSuper posted:

Like the ship has been in every other page so it's not exactly subtle, but it's an attempt.
This is actually much better. Not only does it not cheap out on the whole 'no words' thing, it also has a level of intrigue to it that a proper conversation wouldn't.

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer
I didn't even realize that was supposed to be blood. I thought her dress was all moldy and falling apart.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

is it blood? is she wearing venom? who knows

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

SupSuper posted:

Yeah, this is a significant improvement.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

This whole series of events would make more sense if Snout found the witch first, she used her blood magic to tell him about the ship, and they dropped the subplot with the piece of paper.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
But how would you know this was set in the Dominic Deegan universe if you didn't immediately visit the Dominic Deegan Memorial Cow Pasture Outdoor Library?!