Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

Having just binged through all of the nexus again I totally agree. Plus it’s getting me to watch TNG again after like 25 years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Lemon posted:

The Devil's Advocate is a great episode.

EDDIE BARZOON..

That's what you're gonna doooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Eddie, you're gonna drive around the WHITE SOX!!!

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

Lemon posted:

The Devil's Advocate is a great episode.

EDDIE BARZOON..

HAWG BEAST

Henker
May 5, 2009

Funniest episode for me was Ewoks: Battle for Endor. When they were doing the Wilford Brimley space libertarian impression, I almost had to pull over.

Drint Blasters
Jul 1, 2007

Jimmy Stewart's "throbber" from Wonderful life WLM last year had me laughing

Drint Blasters fucked around with this message at 07:35 on Jul 26, 2019

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

What are you, compared to my magnificence?
Highlander 3 is a great episode. When Eric enjoys the movie he is really on fire. Cyber Seduction was already mentioned but is another good example of that.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Marin Karin posted:

Highlander 3 is a great episode. When Eric enjoys the movie he is really on fire. Cyber Seduction was already mentioned but is another good example of that.

I actually re-llistened to the highlander 3 episode a week ago, it's great, especially the amazing long riff between "Lambert" and Chris Cabin: Lazy Immortal

"Really, Chris? Sweatpants?"

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

Goodness, thanks, folks! I've downloaded every recommended episode thus far. It's nice to have so much material with which to get myself fired!

I'm listening to the Godzilla episode now and it is as funny as promised. I love these guys.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

The youtube channel gets their mailbag episodes first, and they've started getting more clips of classic moments uploaded :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_HBNfIMO7zg

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

100 degrees Calcium posted:

Goodness, thanks, folks! I've downloaded every recommended episode thus far. It's nice to have so much material with which to get myself fired!

I'm listening to the Godzilla episode now and it is as funny as promised. I love these guys.

Godzilla should be their introductory episode because it is a terribly misguided movie that pretty much all their target audience has seen and the guys are firing on all cylinders the entire time

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Calaveron posted:

Godzilla should be their introductory episode because it is a terribly misguided movie that pretty much all their target audience has seen and the guys are firing on all cylinders the entire time

Another good introductory episode is Batman v Superman because even though said target audience might not have necessarily seen it, they are still familiar with it by osmosis and they are also on all cylinders.

Shirec
Jul 29, 2009

How to cock it up, Fig. I

DoombatINC posted:

The youtube channel gets their mailbag episodes first, and they've started getting more clips of classic moments uploaded :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_HBNfIMO7zg

The part where they take a break to verify that one of them had watched a different cut was so good

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Shirec posted:

The part where they take a break to verify that one of them had watched a different cut was so good

As is the shell-shocked and somber "Ladies and gentlemen..." when they come back.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Angry_Ed posted:

As is the shell-shocked and somber "Ladies and gentlemen..." when they come back.

I think I must have replayed that one part 10 times in a row and still laughed every single time.

"Ladies and gentlemen...some new evidence has come to light."

effervescible
Jun 29, 2012

i will eat your soul
Pippi Longstocking is also a must.

Shirec
Jul 29, 2009

effervescible posted:

Is that one of the longest running jokes? I feel like the horse totally is.

My favorite bit ever is Pizza Insurance that's resurfaced every so often. The extended bit with "Excuse me Mr. Dominoes, I dropped my pizza on the way home" killed me

ravenkult
Feb 3, 2011

Cyber seduction is the only episode you need.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Every episode they've done about a movie with Christopher Lambert has been a good episode.

e: Have they done the movie where he goes to Japan to become a ninja and has almost no role in the actual plot or was that a different podcast?

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

What are you, compared to my magnificence?
They haven't, but it sounds like that needs to go on my Lambert punch card.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Henker posted:

Funniest episode for me was Ewoks: Battle for Endor. When they were doing the Wilford Brimley space libertarian impression, I almost had to pull over.

All Brimley episodes are good, but the peak is hands down Brimley finding out John Woo would be directing.

GPTribefan
Jul 2, 2007
Something witty yet inspirational about the Cleveland Indians

effervescible posted:

Absolutely. I’ve listened to this a dozen times and that horse voice gets me every drat time. The best callback is the Never Say Never Again episode (another must listen, with the cold Burger King and the pepperoni nipples) with the “paging 2nd Director Longstocking” line after they mention the multiple heart attacks the horse has.

Coheed and Camembert
Feb 11, 2012

Gyges posted:

All Brimley episodes are good, but the peak is hands down Brimley finding out John Woo would be directing.

The Brimley impressions in Hard Target rule. "He's a hwhat??"

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Coheed and Camembert posted:

The Brimley impressions in Hard Target rule. "He's a hwhat??"

A hwhat?!

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
Attack of the Clones and Clieg Lars’s Ughnaut bride killed me and got me hooked. Also seconding BVS. “Who’s payin fer them capes?”

A Proper Uppercut
Sep 30, 2008

I think Mortal Kombat is my all time fave.

OrthoTrot
Dec 10, 2006
Its either Trotsky or its Notsky

A Proper Uppercut posted:

I think Mortal Kombat is my all time fave.

Anything that's a bit of a "we love movies" is great. Hard Target and Eraser are also brilliant for that.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

OrthoTrot posted:

Anything that's a bit of a "we love movies" is great. Hard Target and Eraser are also brilliant for that.

Pray for Death as well

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
I'll recommend Brainscan and Addicted to Love.

If it's still up on the webpage give Hider in the House a try. Any Jim Belushi or Michael Caine movie are good for ridiculous impressions.

Kind of sad that they seem to have done most of the really ridiculous Belushi movies though.

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012
Between Kenny G's angry Batman v. Superman rant and every terrible teacher letter, I think the mailbag episodes might be the funniest to me.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

Andorra posted:

Between Kenny G's angry Batman v. Superman rant and every terrible teacher letter, I think the mailbag episodes might be the funniest to me.

My favorite story is HOLY gently caress THAT’S TOM CRUISE IN A HAT!

Shirec
Jul 29, 2009

BigglesSWE posted:

My favorite story is HOLY gently caress THAT’S TOM CRUISE IN A HAT!

Mine is that crazy arcade saga

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
This Vince Mcmahon bit in the new animation damnation is loving killing me.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
Favorites in no order:
Brainscan
Devil's Advocate
Stay Tuned
Hard Target
Timecop
CHUD
Chopping Mall
Spawn
Face/OFF

If there's a Van Damme, Christopher Lambert, Michael Caine, Belushi, Sly Stallone, Keanu, Any New York Actor - gonna be a good time.

I'll say it again, if you listening to the classic catalogue, listen to any where Steven is on. He is the glue that makes everything stick together. Andrew matches his energy whenever he is on, and when he isn't, he's riffing to dadjokes in Eric and obscure film in-jokes with Chris. Both of these are real good, but Steve's the pin. Eric's anticomedy where he's burning time pretending not to understand something can get tedious without someone to bounce that off of, "wait did you mean this sex act?" ... Chris can be low energy at times and makes the other guys laugh with film refs, if you get them they are good but require some background.
Post by the Sajdak Gang

Firstborn fucked around with this message at 16:42 on Jul 29, 2019

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Firstborn posted:

I'll say it again, if you listening to the classic catalogue, listen to any where Steven is on. He is the glue that makes everything stick together. Andrew matches his energy whenever he is on, and when he isn't, he's riffing to dadjokes in Eric and obscure film in-jokes with Chris. Both of these are real good, but Steve's the pin. Eric's anticomedy where he's burning time pretending not to understand something can get tedious without someone to bounce that off of, "wait did you mean this sex act?" ... Chris can be low energy at times and makes the other guys laugh with film refs, if you get them they are good but require some background.
Post by the Sajdak Gang

I agree with everything said here. I am so glad they're all always there now, because the episodes without Steven just aren't as good.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
My first foray into WHM was driving to visit my parents over Christmas and I went with both The Devil's Advocate and Cyberseduction.

I made the mistake of putting Welcome To Nightvale in between the episodes, I don't know how anyone can enjoy that try hard garbage.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby
Some of my faves I didn't spot while glancing through the last page :

Gymkata (hapless guards gettin cliff'd)

Twister (suuuuck zoooone)

The Core (the planet assassinates delroy lindo aka GET DRILLED)

Timecop (ya ever been to the white house?....heh, ill send ya a postcard)

Moontrap (tiiiiny die hard)

Drop Zone (meanwhile in non-skydiving news, the president has been shot)

Dungeons & Dragons (the hero is now....wearing three belts)

Ultraviolet (no one's listening anymore....hey Eric what's your bank code aka Last Airbender dethroned as worst movie in just two episodes)

Ninja III: The Domination (V8 as a sexy fluid)

The Happening (I'll be home watching carnivale on standard def dvd)

Collateral Beauty (a love listen to a hate watch aka HowAboutGettingFucked.com)

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Iron Crowned posted:

I made the mistake of putting Welcome To Nightvale in between the episodes, I don't know how anyone can enjoy that try hard garbage.

I'm shocked that a goon podcast would be garbage :v:

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Oh are we doing lesser recommended favorite episodes?

Friday the 13th pt 5 (aka Roy the Movie)

My Best Friend's Wedding (how the gently caress is someone you haven't seen in 5 years your best friend?)

Secret Window (Just everything about their Tuturro impression is great)

The Happening (The Marky Mark stuff is A+)

And their trip through the recent Transformers movies is great

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Moontrap is also great because it gave us Martin Cinemax the Third.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

kalensc posted:

Some of my faves I didn't spot while glancing through the last page:

The Core (the planet assassinates delroy lindo aka GET DRILLED)

NINE

THOUSAND

DEGREES

also Jack Frost is an excellent early episode (that loving kid destroyed his entire family because he couldn’t handle his dad being gone for one Christmas)