Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

CharlestonJew posted:

he's talking about the "Amazon charges for preorders" part. which I'm pretty sure isn't true

oh it is true now, they changed it recently, even in the uk. they now charge on all pre-orders, probably to stop people hogging a pre-order and then canning it a week before release. sucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

No it's not. I even called them to make sure. it runs a transaction to make make sure your account is good for the money but they don't charge until the item ships.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

veni veni veni posted:

No it's not. I even called them to make sure. it runs a transaction to make make sure your account is good for the money but they don't charge until the item ships.

usa right? gonna have to check the uk ones properly now, i've been avoiding pre-orders at the min.

going by this https://www.vg247.com/2019/05/30/amazon-europe-uk-now-charging-full-amount-on-pre-orders/ and its seems to be true? for uk at least.

amazons website still says payment on dispatch, guess i wont know for sure until i pre-order something.

Vikar Jerome fucked around with this message at 12:45 on Jul 6, 2019

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Looks like Death Stranding will keep the getting filthy mechanic from MGSV

https://twitter.com/Kojima_Hideo/status/1149244549614600192

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

Confirmed for Slowdive fan, eff yeah

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES
hell yeh, i need to hear some shoegaze in Death Stranding.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Star Citizen is now selling Death Stranding knockoff backpacks, lol

breadshaped
Apr 1, 2010

Soiled Meat
Kojima will have released 2 full games before CR can even reach alpha, so gently caress him.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

https://twitter.com/PlayStationCA/status/1152760823003172864

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

preferred the black box with the logo tbh.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Vikar Jerome posted:

There's something weird about his face. Luckily the special edition cover is better

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Vikar Jerome posted:

Same

Mae
Aug 1, 2010

Supesudandi wa, kukan-nai no dandidesu

This reminds me of the mgs4 cgi face vs shinkawa artwork debacle

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot
STALKER 4 Box Art looking good.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I like the art and I think the game will be good.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

I would have gone with using that lovely looking character art on the cover.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Mae posted:

This reminds me of the mgs4 cgi face vs shinkawa artwork debacle

I understand why having a big ol Norman Reedus on the box makes sense from a marketing perspective

here's the cover you get if you buy the fetus jar edition btw

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Gripweed posted:

I understand why having a big ol Norman Reedus on the box makes sense from a marketing perspective

here's the cover you get if you buy the fetus jar edition btw

Fetus life

LordMune
Nov 21, 2006

Helim needed to be invisible.
Kojima claims to have designed the box art himself, and this is one instance where his ego is definitely hurting the end product

Shinkawa posted:

I am a brilliant artist, my style distinct and evocative. Let m--

Kojima posted:

I took a screenshot of my boyfriend. Check it out he's dirty in this one lol

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit
Shinkawa art would be awesome but those are not bad, just generic sci-fi + famous actor. They're probably better to catch the attention of a random person walking at a game store.

The best compromise is going for a double box cover, Shinkawa art on the inside so you can flip it when you're home.

Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012
did that sdcc pannel where nicolas winding refn wears a suit and shorts get recorded??

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

https://twitter.com/NicolasWR/status/1152976855151939585

Seemlar
Jun 18, 2002
https://twitter.com/HIDEO_KOJIMA_EN/status/1154962684795707393

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

What the gently caress

Spite
Jul 27, 2001

Small chance of that...
eh, it's only about a 5 on the kojima crazy scale.

having refn be a movie nerd about 20 min films is pretty clever though.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
Oh god this game is going to be so goodd. This is exactly the kind of crazy I wanna see.

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

That totally changes what I was thinking about the game. People are visiting the afterlife on purpose, and it seems like it's some kind of parallel universe? It keeps getting deeper!

e:
https://twitter.com/StormDrainPain/status/1154972618522529792

TheMostFrench fucked around with this message at 07:49 on Jul 27, 2019

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Death Stranding: poo poo’s hosed.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

The most important thing we've learned from that tweet is that Refn is Kojima's best friend

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
I like the detail that he has one of those emergency AED packs just strapped to himself because when society has collapsed, no one is able to get pacemaker implants anymore.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Fools and imbiciles: You can't just design a dumb gimmick and make it a character.
Kojima: *points* Heartman

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

SardonicTyrant posted:

Fools and imbiciles: You can't just design a dumb gimmick and make it a character.
Kojima: *points* Heartman

Presumably Heartman has a reason for doing the 21 minutes thing. And he literally says in the clip it makes it hard for him to communicate with people. Which is, like, the whole theme of the game

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

That's so bizarre I love it

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

We know that the bad guy leader of Homo Demens says he has a strong connection to the other side, and now we got Heartman sacrificing his ability to really operate and connect with people in the world so he can go to the other side as often as possible

So beyond just making aging rain and invisible monsters, the other side has some kind of destructive allure

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
Refn and Kojima said Heartman is looking for his family on the other side. Presumably the Death Stranding hosed up his heart so dying every twenty-one minutes is a side effect of that.

EDIT: Also doing the math, He said this was the 216,500th cycle, that means he's been doing this for a little under ten years.

David D. Davidson fucked around with this message at 14:25 on Jul 27, 2019

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Loving that music.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
Man that would suck to die every 21 minutes. What if I'm taking a dump or something? How do you sleep? Can't go out to dinner with friends or anything cause welp gonna peace out between the salad and soup courses and gross everyone out. What a bummer of a life/death.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.

Elephant Ambush posted:

Man that would suck to die every 21 minutes. What if I'm taking a dump or something? How do you sleep? Can't go out to dinner with friends or anything cause welp gonna peace out between the salad and soup courses and gross everyone out. What a bummer of a life/death.

At least having sex is no different from usual. You'd still have 20 mins left after you're done!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Now that we see how literal the names are I assume Diehardman is going to die with an erection