Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

Goobish posted:

Harley update: he is doing so loving good today. It's like he's a new dog after I gave him his own room. I did not loving plan on a dog having his own room but whatever. Maybe it won't be forever. He has just been so good today it's unbelievable. The only thing that is strange now is that he has an absolute lust for art supplies. Any kind of art supply, he will hunt it down and destroy it. I'm still keeping my appointment with the behaviorist though. I still have plenty of questions and want everyone to be safe and happy.

It does sound like you've got a good handle on the situation and the behaviorist can give you personalized advice that you can move forward with with reasonable expectations.

I go back to the cat test the shelter I adopted my first dog from did. The cat test was: they bring the dog into the cat room, I observe the dog's behavior, and then decide if I'm comfortable with the results. It's all about you feeling comfortable and safe with the situation. Also remember that any information you get from having a dog in your home that doesn't mesh with your particular situation can help the dog find an appropriate home if things don't work out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice
Last night we had a skunk in the yard, we thought it had moved on. Apparently not, as it may be hiding under the deck, where people can't get easily but dogs can. Obviously our Bulldog who is slightly under 2 years old now decided to bark at whatever was down there and got herself skunked. She doesn't seem to be that broken up about it, and we cleaned her (and the puppy to be safe), but it may have gotten the inside of her mouth, since her breath was smelling of skunk a bit.

Any idea how to get a skunk to vacate the property if it doesn't move on soon? Really don't want to deal with a skunked dog that often, and I doubt she's learned anything from the encounter, so a repeat event seems likely.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Do you think she's bothered by the smell at all? Our dog has 0 reaction to his farts while everyone else in the room things a bio weapon has gone off.

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice

bamhand posted:

Do you think she's bothered by the smell at all? Our dog has 0 reaction to his farts while everyone else in the room things a bio weapon has gone off.

Did not react at all. I think there was maybe a couple of scratches at the door, but that was it.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Must not have gotten hit too badly, there's basically nothing you can do for skunk smell, past washing the affected area ASAP it will linger for a long time.

Source: I have 2 dogs that have gotten skunked twice each, the most recent skunkening the dog had snuck up on it and attacked, there were tufts of fur everywhere, sadly it sprayed her point blank in the face.... she is a tough dog but that must have really hurt her because she was crying something horrible and the spray was thick on her face like yellow mucus. The house stunk for 3 months afterwards and the dog for another month or two after that.

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice

MF_James posted:

Must not have gotten hit too badly, there's basically nothing you can do for skunk smell, past washing the affected area ASAP it will linger for a long time.

Source: I have 2 dogs that have gotten skunked twice each, the most recent skunkening the dog had snuck up on it and attacked, there were tufts of fur everywhere, sadly it sprayed her point blank in the face.... she is a tough dog but that must have really hurt her because she was crying something horrible and the spray was thick on her face like yellow mucus. The house stunk for 3 months afterwards and the dog for another month or two after that.

We got her clean, and the stink inside is mostly gone already, but she keeps going after where the skunk is/was and barking, so it seems like there is going to be a repeat unless we can drive off the skunk. Any idea how to get the stink bomb to move on?

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Ashsaber posted:

We got her clean, and the stink inside is mostly gone already, but she keeps going after where the skunk is/was and barking, so it seems like there is going to be a repeat unless we can drive off the skunk. Any idea how to get the stink bomb to move on?

Call animal control.

black.lion
Apr 1, 2004

For if he like a madman lived,
At least he like a wise one died.

So whenever I get home my dogs are super excited to see me, like dogs do; so I lay on the couch and let them smother me in love, as one does. But my corgi always insists on putting his face on my face, or laying it across my neck, and just chilling there. It seems to be his way of cuddling? He also sometimes tries to get his paws (one or both) up on my face or neck or chest.

I've also noticed sometimes when he's playing with a dog-friend he will do the same thing, put his face and mb a paw on their face.

Anyway just curious, wtf is he doing? IS IT BECAUSE HE JUST LOVES ME SO MUCH?!?!

Verman
Jul 4, 2005
Third time is a charm right?
This past week I was working on my car in the yard. I was on my back underneath the front end with my legs hanging out. My dog came over and sniffed, then sat on my legs. Not near, not touching, but on top of. He just sat upright, on my legs for about 15 minutes while I worked on the car until I had to change position. He's very cuddly and always wants to be in contact.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Figured I would ask here for advice. We've got an 8-year-old terrier mix named Louie. He's a rescue; we got him when he was around 1. His original two owners apparently treated him poorly and didn't socialize him properly, so he gets really defensive around strangers and other dogs (stays alert around them, followed by lots of growling, barking, leash-pulling when he gets close enough; we've tried training him with treats but it's never fully stuck).

Right now we're having a strange issue with him. I recently put together a computer and a desk for my wife. When she goes to the desk to sit down and do stuff, Louie will start freaking out: panting heavily, shaking, tail between legs, walking around nervously, trying to stay really close to either of us and get our attention. He mostly stops listening to commands, including strong ones that are associated with good treats like going to his crate. If he hears any little noise from the desk area, he zips over there thinking she's coming back.

We're not really sure what to do. We'll be bringing him to the vet soon enough and we'll ask them anyway. In the meantime, is there anything we can do to help him realize that just because my wife wants to play some games that he doesn't need to freak out?

GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

How many dogs is too many? Is it measured by count or by total volume?

I've seen this old guy a couple of times walking a swarm of identical tiny white fluffy dogs and it is hilarious. I don't know how many since I'm driving by.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

GoodBee posted:

How many dogs is too many? Is it measured by count or by total volume?

I've seen this old guy a couple of times walking a swarm of identical tiny white fluffy dogs and it is hilarious. I don't know how many since I'm driving by.

Probably measured by the cord.

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"

black.lion posted:

So whenever I get home my dogs are super excited to see me, like dogs do; so I lay on the couch and let them smother me in love, as one does. But my corgi always insists on putting his face on my face, or laying it across my neck, and just chilling there. It seems to be his way of cuddling? He also sometimes tries to get his paws (one or both) up on my face or neck or chest.

I've also noticed sometimes when he's playing with a dog-friend he will do the same thing, put his face and mb a paw on their face.

Anyway just curious, wtf is he doing? IS IT BECAUSE HE JUST LOVES ME SO MUCH?!?!

my cardigan corgi does this too - he likes a good chin rest as a way of showing affection

MockingQuantum
Jan 20, 2012

My puppy kinda does the opposite, if I'm sitting on the couch, she'll climb onto my lap and tuck her head under my chin. Occasionally she'll get really excited and hoot at me too, it is the most goddamn adorable behavior and I have no idea why she does it

Zisky
May 6, 2003

PM me and I will show you my tits
So the wife and I went from never having had a dog to pulling the trigger on a rescued 3 year old Japanese Akita/Chow mix.

I've read up extensively on both breeds and we know we need to be careful, but fortunately he came (smuggled from Iran) fully trained. He sits on command, he's fine with other people and dogs, including a doberman that lunged at him in PetSmart and my 6'5 friend, and he's been super friendly with every kid we've passed on our walks. He doesn't seem treat motivated, just by love and affection, and most of the day he just sleeps in front of the fan.

He was pulling a tiny bit at first when on leash but we got him an easy walk harness and that behavior has mostly gone away. The most he's reacted was to a honking seagull/squirrel combo that he turned away from after I embraced him and got his attention.

He's pretty much perfect...my only question is to what extent should we be weary of sudden shifts in his mannerisms? He's seriously the sweetest, he'll lick and love on new friends no problemo, but even the vet tech he saw was extra careful around him. One lady at Costco who raised American Akitas came over to talk to me and was surprised I even offered her to meet him, and moreso when he was totally affectionate.

We've only had him a few days so we know his personality hasn't really shown through completely yet but we really can't imagine him being anything but friendly.

Edit:
One funny thing is I know the breed is called cat-like, and so far the only treat he really loves is a little bowl of milk 😍

Zisky fucked around with this message at 17:25 on Jul 25, 2019

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

I can't speak for the breed, but give it some more weeks to see his personality. Be consistent and love him and it sounds like he'll be perfect.

Zisky
May 6, 2003

Yeah I guess that's the big question right now; is there a chance he's gonna get snappier/more aggressive once he's used to his new home?

MockingQuantum
Jan 20, 2012

I think you should always be a little conscious of rescues. I've fostered a lot of dogs over the years and most of them it was pretty easy to tell what were potential triggers for fearful or defensive behavior. One exception, though, was a dog that my roommate and I kept after fostering him. He was a sweet, big, dumb mutt and was always wonderful with strangers, never really displayed any problem behavior, until one day he saw one of our friends who was tall and bearded (and not a stranger to him) wearing a red jacket. He totally lost it, started pulling on his leash, barking and growling, and even peed a little. It took us a bit to figure out what was going on, and once my friend took off the jacket, Rowdy was completely fine with him.

tl;dr you probably don't need to be that worried, but it's always worth being observant when the dog is meeting new people or encountering new environments. If he does start acting strangely or defensively, just calmly get yourselves out of the situation and see if you can figure out what was going on once everything calms down.

fake edit: didn't see your last post before I wrote mine: there's always a risk that any dog, but especially rescues who might have been raised in unusual or bad situations, will develop some hoarding/guarding behaviors as they become more familiar with you and your environment. Keep an eye out for resource guarding (snapping or growling at people who get close to food/toys/you). The last was fairly common in the rescues I fostered-- once they were comfortable with me and my roommates and knew we were "safe", they would sometimes get aggressive/fearful about strangers, but in particular when they approached us. There are ways to cross-condition resource guarding and fearfulness but you want to catch it early. That said, he may just stay mellow as he becomes more comfortable. I think you're asking the right questions and keeping an eye out for the right risky behaviors.

MockingQuantum fucked around with this message at 17:39 on Jul 25, 2019

Zisky
May 6, 2003

I'm gonna really try to pay attention to when he starts adopting the toys/treats we've got for him. It's funny though, we haven't found a treat he really likes besides the bully stick and for the life of us we can't find a toy he really loves. He gets distracted by the squeaks for about 30 seconds then gives it up and goes back to laying/guarding between us and the door, or near the couch which I think is becoming his den (we're not worried about the upholstery, it's past it's time anyway).

That's the other question...I know that crate training is good to develop his space but so far he doesn't seem to want to be in there even with a new bed, toys, treats, etc., he just likes the carpet and the couch. We put a fluffy dog bed in our bedroom to see if he'd sleep with us and so far he has every night, but on the carpet rather than his bed. Should we just return the crate/bed we bought if he's not taking to them at all?

Ninja edit:
Really appreciate the responses, I took the week off to acclimate/train him (and actually acclimate/train my neurotic self) but I'm totally new to this so it's all helping!

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Apollo's favorite toy is the Kong Stix and yes it looks like a sex toy. But he will fetch with it for hours and loves to chew on it and sometimes he'll go for carrying it around with a tennis ball just because he can.

Seconding everything MockingQuantum said - be vigilant, be careful, be consistent.

As for the crate, I don't know. Apollo freaked out in his crate and we got rid of ours, but - well, is he not using it at all? Will you need it in the future?

Zisky
May 6, 2003

Lol that toy is amazing, I'll see if my wife will go for it.

As for the crate, yeah he's only gone in it once to get a toy I threw in there that he quickly lost interest in, and he left the crate immediately. Other than that he hasn't even shown a passing curiosity about it. And this is the crate he's been living in that the rescue provided us.

Might as well introduce him. Meet Trill!

Edit:
gently caress it, pulled the trigger on the large size double dildo toy.

Zisky fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Jul 25, 2019

GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

Mummy Xzibit posted:

Should we just return the crate/bed we bought if he's not taking to them at all?

I'm a huge fan of having a folding crate on hand even if you don't use it regularly. That is if you can get your dog to go in and not freak out.

I would feed my dogs meals in their crates, they'll go in for a treat, and they don't do anything if I leave them in there. They just don't hang out in there on their own. Two of the three are packed up right now.

They all have their favorite place. Little dog sleeps on my bed, hound dog likes the livingroom couch, goofy boy likes watching squirrels out the back window.

Edit: I've also got that same toy. Sometimes my dude likes to swing it around like a weapon. He's pretty dangerous with it.

GoodBee fucked around with this message at 19:43 on Jul 25, 2019

MockingQuantum
Jan 20, 2012

Yeah I've seen very few dogs that have taken to a crate without some training. It's really up to you if you want to crate train the dog, but I could not live without crate trained dogs. Like GoodBee said it's really nice to have a folding crate on hand even if you don't have a full wire crate. But yeah, feeding the dog in the crate, giving them treats in the crate, making sure it's comfortable will all help to make them okay with the crate. I've crate trained all three of my dogs, and they all hated their crates as puppies but now we leave them loose in our bedroom at night, with their crates open, and they choose to sleep in the crates probably about half the night.

I personally love it because it makes it super easy to transport them anywhere, take them on longer trips, keep them confined for long periods without risking home destruction or dog poop on the floor, etc. Also my dogs are high energy and sometimes I just need a break from them, so it's great that they're happy to just chill in their crates. Most dogs seem to like to have a "den" so they do tend to take to crate training, but I could see it being tougher with an older dog or a rescue. My dogs all like to be in small spaces when they sleep, so they definitely see their crates as safe spaces now. I could see it being different for different breeds too, though.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Yeah, to elaborate on Apollo's crate situation: I messed up the first night I had him and put him in the crate and closed it and he freaked out. He has separation anxiety and this apparently triggered it and I let him out and despite treats he would not go near it ever again.

Which fortunately has worked out, because he sleeps on my bed just fine, and he follows me from room to room and finds comfy spots to curl up in. In the living room we have two cushion/dog beds for him and he sleeps there when we watch soccer.

When we need to transport him, well, he loves car rides! Hops up and in, is ready to go, zoom zoom. If he's hurt and can't go places on his own - well, this hasn't happened yet (fingers crossed) I can carry him. When he was porcupined he sat in the back seat on his own and held his injured paw close. When he was doped afterwards he wobbled into the car and slept and wobbled out and slept on his dog bed.

So in his case, a crate isn't needed thankfully, as it would take a ton of work otherwise to get him to see one as a safe place after my screw up.

e: Also I love Trill, take more pictures of him and post them in the dog thread in GIP!

e2: Dog thread in GIP link

StrixNebulosa fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Jul 25, 2019

Zisky
May 6, 2003

Haha thanks, will do!

I feel you with the new dog screw ups, I'm terrified of him hating us. He got out once and thankfully the building's door was closed. What's weird is I've already been taking him off leash at the door after walks and he hasn't has any issues patiently waiting for me to unlock the door.

I hate to be that guy but I've never been an animal person and it's so fun nerding out about/loving on him right now.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

StrixNebulosa posted:

Apollo's favorite toy is the Kong Stix and yes it looks like a sex toy. But he will fetch with it for hours and loves to chew on it and sometimes he'll go for carrying it around with a tennis ball just because he can.

Gulliver has one, in blue, and he loves playing tug with it.

i vomit kittens
Apr 25, 2019

I bought one of those safety sticks to play tug of war with since my dog has a habit of unraveling anything made of rope and he chewed it clean in half within an hour and a half of getting home with it :mad: I wish they'd make one out of the same material as their extra strength Kongs. Those and bones are just about the only things I can give to him that won't be destroyed the second I look away.

GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

That's pretty impressive. My dogs wreck a lot of toys but all of the various non-cloth Kong toys are still intact.

They have wrecked a couple of kong clone toys. They aren't the same.

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
So the switch to Purina Pro plan is going well, our dog seems to love it and she hasn't had any issues. We have quite a bit of her old food left though. We're at 75/25 new food/old food right now, is there any harm in just hanging at that ratio so we can use up the old food or should we be trying to transition fully to the new one?

The old one is Canadae Pure Sea and we're mainly switching off because it's grain free, hard to find, and the dog just seems sick of it.

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
Dropped my puppy off to have his balls removed, he puked on the drive to the vet :(

Vet says he’s okay though. I’m just worrisome.

GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

One of my dogs gets carsick.

I usually just make sure she eats an hour or more before getting in the car. Last week she got two little treats from the cashier at the pet store and she barfed it up as soon I we got home. At least it wasn't in the car.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

https://twitter.com/zekkass/status/1155215351501791232

Got a second double dildo for Apollo and he loves them both so much

e: Picture dump!

e2: You will note that the blue dildo is missing an end. That's because we got it in 2017 and Apollo plays with it daily and a few weeks ago he just popped off the end, but the rest of it is intact. We've been monitoring it and will remove it whenever it starts disintegrating. Mom wants to remove it sooner but like, I can't. Look at him.

StrixNebulosa fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Jul 27, 2019

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
My puppy smells awful. I've heard that an ionic brush can be effective for a stinky dog. Anyone have experience with this and if so, a recommendation?

He smells much worse than a dog normally should. Even after a good bath and scrub he stinks. I've heard certain short haired dogs have this peculiarity. Our other dog has normal dog smell when she needs a bath after a week or two. But this little guy, within a week, has made the house smell like dog. It's crazy.

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
I’ve got my boy home after his neuter and the cone they gave us is much too small.

That’s not even the worst problem. He’s afraid of it or something. As soon as my wife tried to put it on he screamed bloody murder and started pissing everywhere.

The incision site wasn’t ruptured or anything after that, and I gave him some trazadone, but I’ve never felt this bad for a dog before. He’s just so afraid of everything. :(

At this point I’m almost worried someone at the shelter or one of his fosters were abusive.

Zisky
May 6, 2003

Hey Strix glad Apollo likes having two!

Question about those toys before Trill's arrives though...I've read that tugging with the dog isn't ideal since it teaches resistance. Is there a difference between trying to take something away from him and just playing tug of war?

So far he is super compliant when I take his bully stick or dried cow esophagus away, so I'm worried tugging with him will make him resistant when he's got a chew treat I don't want him to finish in one session.

Aside from that, I have to say he's the loveliest doggo I could have imagined. We were ready for no housetraining, overexcitedness in the house, and difficulty with other people/dogs, and so far he hasn't manifested those behaviors at all. I know it's only been a week but he already lays down for his harness and comes 100% of the time with "come," his name, or kissy noises/whistling.

On top of that he let me give him his second flea shampoo bath and he stayed in the tub whenever I told him. Mind you this is the first time I've washed a dog in my life, and he's a 60 pound Akita.

The vet thinks he might be older than three based on his teeth, but now I'm wondering if he got more than just obedience training with a previous owner, like maybe he was a working dog?

I find it weird too that he takes all of his commands in English. Guy's been in the US for less than a month (from Iran) and yet all the normal phrases work fine. We tried learning some Farsi commands and he didn't particularly respond to them.

Really curious about his genetics now, don't know what you guys think about Embark but we just sent his swab in. Of course he didn't mind for a second when we swabbed his cheek.

Most of all he just gives love constantly and wants to lick us whenever we get down to hold him. I know I'm kinda gushing but he's seriously one in a trillion.

Edit:
I've now washed a dogs rear end in a top hat and penis. And it was fine. Cleared a big personal hurdle today folks, lol.

Oh and I forgot, tomorrow we make it official! Taking him to my parents' backyard for some off-leash action and then a restaurant with a dog menu to celebrate.

Zisky fucked around with this message at 05:23 on Jul 28, 2019

Zisky
May 6, 2003

Holy poo poo I just found his Iranian rescue's Facebook page. Indeed he had it pretty rough out there, he came as a street rescue about a year ago and then apparently was stolen and abused for about a year before the lady running the org found him at a kennel miraculously.

When he came back the vet found his tear ducts weren't working properly, and he would go blind without surgery. A couple that knew his story donated $900 for the procedure and they successfully operated on both eyes in March. Planning on getting in touch with the people involved in getting him here for sure...

Needless to say he's getting all the milk he wants tonight.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

What I've read and experienced with tug is that it's a great game provided you use it to teach and reinforce drop. I can, at any point, ask Apollo to drop and he will. I then usually reward this by throwing the stick or resuming tug.

Also obviously stop if teeth get involved or worse - only reward good polite play.

Please keep updating us on Trill, he seems like a champ!

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
Yeah, I play tug a decent amount because our pup loves it, but I mix it with drop it and if the game involves teeth or over excitement it ends and we do something else.

On a different note, our puppy has developed a barking habit. I kinda think he picked this up at doggy daycare. He's always barked at some things, but now if he sees anything outside he barks a bunch. We're gonna work on this but man is it annoying.

GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

Waltzing Along posted:

My puppy smells awful. I've heard that an ionic brush can be effective for a stinky dog. Anyone have experience with this and if so, a recommendation?

He smells much worse than a dog normally should. Even after a good bath and scrub he stinks. I've heard certain short haired dogs have this peculiarity. Our other dog has normal dog smell when she needs a bath after a week or two. But this little guy, within a week, has made the house smell like dog. It's crazy.

What kind of dog? My hound dog has more of a hound dog smell, even when she's clean.

Or it might be diet related. Or is he neutered yet or recently?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Finally gave our dog a haircut and a bath yesterday. We just haven't been able to get him groomed recently and we're trying to save money anyway, so I figured, gently caress it, I'll do it myself. He handled it well! I made sure to praise him when he stayed still every few snips, and he got a lot of treats towards the end. Hopefully this will keep some of the extra hair out of the apartment, too...

Also, I'm gonna quote myself because I'm still hoping someone could offer some suggestions or at least chime in with personal experience:

DizzyBum posted:

Figured I would ask here for advice. We've got an 8-year-old terrier mix named Louie. He's a rescue; we got him when he was around 1. His original two owners apparently treated him poorly and didn't socialize him properly, so he gets really defensive around strangers and other dogs (stays alert around them, followed by lots of growling, barking, leash-pulling when he gets close enough; we've tried training him with treats but it's never fully stuck).

Right now we're having a strange issue with him. I recently put together a computer and a desk for my wife. When she goes to the desk to sit down and do stuff, Louie will start freaking out: panting heavily, shaking, tail between legs, walking around nervously, trying to stay really close to either of us and get our attention. He mostly stops listening to commands, including strong ones that are associated with good treats like going to his crate. If he hears any little noise from the desk area, he zips over there thinking she's coming back.

We're not really sure what to do. We'll be bringing him to the vet soon enough and we'll ask them anyway. In the meantime, is there anything we can do to help him realize that just because my wife wants to play some games that he doesn't need to freak out?

One of my thoughts was to get him a toy that keeps him busy for a while, like one of those treat-dispensing puzzle toys, and only give it to him during computer time, and then take it away when computer time is over.

DizzyBum fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Jul 28, 2019