Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
In general wattson sucks at being proactive. She is explicitly designed to be played passively and really needs a good team that can pick up the slack while rotating and fighting in open areas so she can shine when the squad finally decides to hunker down. Until then you're basically just a third gun with a subpar hitbox who can set up a makeshift defensive position in a pinch.

She has tricks to survive more aggressive engagements, but playing her aggressively as a playstyle is a waste of her strengths and you would be much better served by a good aggressive legend or caustic, who is still defensive but has way more flexibility in his playstyle. She's incredibly strong, but you gotta play to her strengths to draw that strength out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dyz
Dec 10, 2010

West007 posted:

Weekly challenges to open supply bins at certain locations can suck my rear end. I havent fully completed a single one. Why is it always for a zone in the middle of nowhere, right now I have swamps, relay and artillery. My attempt at dropping artillery to get a few resulted in 2 poo poo games and 0 challenge progress.

Also pub caustics are literally the worst. Stop throwing canisters at my feet and DO SOMETHING.

Artillery is the worst one. There's 4 total supply bins in the entire area, and you're not going to open any of them unless you drop right on top of them at the start of the game. Which means either cold dropping and running across the map for 10 minutes or hot dropping in a terrible spot in Artillery and probably only opening 1 or 2.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Playing a Caustic Gib Wattson squad is absolutely horrible for anyone trying to assault your position if you find the ring first. Managed to set up at Gas station (next to repulsor). Watching the last squad try to push past a maze of gas, artillery and laser fences while we took potshots at them with our krabers was pretty funny.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
/\ best way to deal with those squads is just make a bunch of noise near them then run off and try to get them thirdpartied

dogstile posted:

Its nice to know i've made you reconsider the G7 as a non poo poo tier gun

tbh I literally had to carry it around for like 5 hours and i completely sucked with it for like 4 hours before it clicked.

kanonvandekempen
Mar 14, 2009

KRILLIN IN THE NAME posted:

For the "get X headshots" I'm like 99% certain if you get a HS with a shotgun that each individual pellet counts as a HS? I had a 5 headshots as Gibralatar challenge and I'm pretty sure I only tagged someone twice but got the challenge anyway

Yea I've had the same experience

succ
Nov 11, 2016

by Cyrano4747
how many dailies are left? todays and tomorrow?

kanonvandekempen
Mar 14, 2009

succ posted:

In my experience it's [amount of days left according to the client]-1

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.

tweet my meat posted:

Wattson's fences most definitely function for area denial, you just described it doing that very thing. You were denied access because you were smart enough to realize that pushing through the fences was a likely death sentence. You can still force your way through it, but any good team will be able to capitalize on that.

Wattson actually kinda sucks as an early warning system since the fences are a visible, proactive defense that can be avoided or disabled. Caustic fills that role much better with his reactive defense using the mines which can be hidden.

The early warning is seeing on your mini map when they shoot the fence rods. I’ve almost never had someone walk through the fence to get the notification/pop up.

Parachute
May 18, 2003
i just learned you can change your EA name through your profile so all yall can now find me under the name "HornyManTravis" which EA also allowed

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.

succ posted:

From what someone told me last week tomorrow the reset is at 11 am so you can finish them in the morning for this week or wait until later in the day and they will count towards next week.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Dyz posted:

Artillery is the worst one. There's 4 total supply bins in the entire area, and you're not going to open any of them unless you drop right on top of them at the start of the game. Which means either cold dropping and running across the map for 10 minutes or hot dropping in a terrible spot in Artillery and probably only opening 1 or 2.

Its funny, as those of you who play with me know, that row of 4 bins is my preferred drop at art and I get all 4 of them I'll say 75 percent of the time.

Only challenge that truly sucked for me so far is the L star knocks, of which I still have 2. I haven't even bothered to pick up the 2 or 3 I've seen since that weeks challenges though. I swore off shotguns after a very annoying 2 kills in the same match challenge but then I landed skully yesterday in my first match, found a pk and just was in the zone and decimated everyone. Finished with 11 kills and 1600 damage.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006

Let's talk Football.
There is no way in hell I’ll ever get the LStar challenge.

John DiFool
Aug 28, 2013

Running Mastiff & Kraber simultaneously just feels so dirty. But it feels so good.

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

Lord Fool, give me another chance. I'll prove my strength to you!
So is the week gonna reset today? If so, when? Since I'm hearing the timer is full of poo poo idk when I should jump back in

MarshyMcFly
Aug 16, 2012

Evil Agita posted:

So is the week gonna reset today? If so, when? Since I'm hearing the timer is full of poo poo idk when I should jump back in

Tomorrow is reset day.

John DiFool
Aug 28, 2013

Evil Agita posted:

Just play if you enjoy playing. Battle pass is just icing.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

John DiFool posted:

Just play if you enjoy playing. Battle pass is just icing.

That's not how these things work these days. Why do you think they stuffed in dailies (weeklies? I haven't played in awhile.)? It's not to increase your enjoyment.

MarshyMcFly
Aug 16, 2012

soggybagel posted:

My team actually lost a game in the most infuriating way where they had the interior of a house/building on those steppes all fenced up. And the ULT was going in the perfect spot where any grenade we hucked in got disintegrated so we did a push and of course the 3rd (of 3) teams showed up and we got sandwich killed but we couldn't even really push in to the loving house so it just sucked. And yeah, Wattson's fences are less area denial weapons and more just like, early warning systems/makes attackers think for just an extra second. I love running a Wattson/Caustic/X team because it can be hilarious to just totally screw a team over. If you ever get the lucky roll of running through bunker as the circle is closing and a team is on your rear end you can basically trap them.

Tonight had a game where I was running as Gibraltar and one of our teammates PS4's crashed so he was gone. Then it was me and a friend and he had gotten shot as we were running from the circle so he died inside the circle and i couldn't get him. I was just going to suicide but decided to run down into the swamp area. Two teams ended up duking it out and I hit until the last minute and swooped in and got the win. I finally remembered to hit the share button too so i could save the video!

E: if for some reason the video is showing up as the 5 minute version and not the edited down 1:40 version just jump to the last minute and a half.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2Fa6hbJzkY

I tried super hard to fast forward it but it wouldn’t work for some reason. There’s an editor in YouTube you can use to trim videos you post there I believe. I’ve had a few games like this including one where I literally camped the entire game and 1v1ed the last dude for the win. Also had a match where I dropped an entire squad solo for the win. Both with gibby. He’s super good sometimes.

John DiFool
Aug 28, 2013

Duck and Cover posted:

That's not how these things work these days. Why do you think they stuffed in dailies (weeklies? I haven't played in awhile.)? It's not to increase your enjoyment.

It’s to motivate people to play everyday because everything has to be a dopamine hit these days.

Fragging itself should be dopamine hit enough!

Truspeaker
Jan 28, 2009

I did some real grinding at the end of season 1 to get to 110 and was ready to take a break for the few weeks between season 1 and 2. I ended up playing a buncha games in between even without the extra dopamine from the battle pass just cause its a good game I can play with people I like.

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

Lord Fool, give me another chance. I'll prove my strength to you!
I was just trying to budget my time on my day off and wanted to play when it made sense. Dog ain't gonna walk itself

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

John DiFool posted:

Fragging itself should be dopamine hit enough!

Certainly.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Evil Agita posted:

I was just trying to budget my time on my day off and wanted to play when it made sense. Dog ain't gonna walk itself

No, have a lecture instead

John DiFool
Aug 28, 2013

Fart Car '97 posted:

No, have a lecture instead

Play for the love of the game, gamer.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006

Let's talk Football.

MarshyMcFly posted:

I tried super hard to fast forward it but it wouldn’t work for some reason. There’s an editor in YouTube you can use to trim videos you post there I believe. I’ve had a few games like this including one where I literally camped the entire game and 1v1ed the last dude for the win. Also had a match where I dropped an entire squad solo for the win. Both with gibby. He’s super good sometimes.

Yeah I did edit it in YouTube. But YouTube hosed it up. I’ll reupload it tomorrow. It’s not that exciting.

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
I don’t really pay much attention to the dailies/weeklies, is one of them to scan survey beacons? Because yesterday I and one teammate went down in a hotdrop clusterfuck at Market, and our level 10 or w/e teammate who somehow managed to still be alive and mostly unscathed just ignored all the chaos going on around him and made a very determined effort to scan the beacon there (not sure if he succeeded, as soon as he plugged his robo-penis in I said “are you loving kidding me dude?” and DCed).

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

Noctone posted:

I don’t really pay much attention to the dailies/weeklies, is one of them to scan survey beacons? Because yesterday I and one teammate went down in a hotdrop clusterfuck at Market, and our level 10 or w/e teammate who somehow managed to still be alive and mostly unscathed just ignored all the chaos going on around him and made a very determined effort to scan the beacon there (not sure if he succeeded, as soon as he plugged his robo-penis in I said “are you loving kidding me dude?” and DCed).

Yup. Scan 5 survey beacons is a weekly assignment for me.
I hate to say it, but I did something similar. I was sitting on 4/5 scanned and it was my last game of the day. One teammate got shot up and while I ran over there to help, I noticed the beacon. I scanned it first before getting to my teammate :devil: we didn't die because of it though.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Noctone posted:

I do the same thing tbh.

Same with finishers. I'm probably going to throw the odd game by knocking someone down and then finishing them in the middle of a firefight.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

dogstile posted:

I do the same thing tbh.

Same with finishers. I'm probably going to throw the odd game by knocking someone down and then finishing them in the middle of a firefight.

I do that sometimes even if it's not my daily. Which makes it doubly funny when someone tries to bm disconnect in mid finisher or suicide leap off a cliff to keep me from scoring a kill.

MarshyMcFly
Aug 16, 2012

Wow today’s challenges were so easy I finished all the weeklies and dailies already.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
My daily challenges today were:

Play 2 Games
Get 2 kills in one match using LMGs
Do 500 Damage

Translation: Play the game

I don't need to be encouraged to use the Spitfire or Devotion BUT IF YA INSIST

Monstaland
Sep 23, 2003

Recently I am averaging about 2 kills a game instead of two kills a night which is rather satisfying. Seems being a little bit more careful and thinking before charging in like Dizzy is working out pretty well. Also, the Havoc might be my favorite gun now

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
I swear the challenges change sometimes. Yesterday I had a 'drop in repulsor' weekly challenge.
Next game I drop there, challenge isn't unlocked. Weird, I think.
I go and check the challenge screen and it says 'drop at artillery'.
I'm 100% sure it said repulsor before :tinfoil:

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

Time passes quickly on the weekend.

You did. It's a multi stage challenge. Once you have dropped on Artillery, you'll be given a third locality to drop, which will finally unlock the challenge.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

Tsietisin posted:

You did. It's a multi stage challenge. Once you have dropped on Artillery, you'll be given a third locality to drop, which will finally unlock the challenge.

Ooooh, that explains it. Weird that there isn't a 1/3 counter next to it though.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

shut up blegum posted:

Ooooh, that explains it. Weird that there isn't a 1/3 counter next to it though.
There should be little diamonds that fill in as you work on the challenge. This one is 2/4:

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

Elysiume posted:

There should be little diamonds that fill in as you work on the challenge. This one is 2/4:

Welp, I'm an idiot. Confirmed once again.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
I have to do 300 damage with caustic.

The kicker? It has to be with his gas.

KRILLIN IN THE NAME
Mar 25, 2006

:ssj:goku i won't do what u tell me:ssj:

dogstile posted:

I think damage it does to downed enemies might count as well, least whenever I've had him for dailies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

dogstile posted:

This is pretty easy. Chuck the gas grenade or his container next to a downed enemy and you'll have it in no time.