Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

i wondered what the comments on his updates say.

oh. he's turned them off. probably for the best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

PoptartsNinja posted:

But how would you know this was set in the Dominic Deegan universe if you didn't immediately visit the Dominic Deegan Memorial Cow Pasture Outdoor Library?!

Dominic Deegan Memorial Outdoor Hentai Library*

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!

SupSuper posted:

Or he could've just skipped all the words:

Like the ship has been in every other page so it's not exactly subtle, but it's an attempt.

This was my other train of thought, and it's such a marked improvement that shaves off pages of useless comic while adding a sense of mystery and suspense. Dominic Deegan as a whole is a testament to why you should never go with your first draft.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

low effort because I want to get this out the way

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Tesseraction posted:

Dominic Deegan Memorial Outdoor Hentai Library*
The Dominic Deegan Dead Girls Memorial Library for the Terminally Sexy

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Boss, if they make us find seven lost crystals, I'm quitting.

Eleven pages to ditch the dumb gimmick this started with. ELEVEN.

God bless you, Mookie, please never change.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I hope Ball Made of Smaller Balls comes back.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

I like how his lesson from the Wild Edge arc was "the featureless plains need rocks in the foreground too"

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
And straight from "literally spelling it out" to "metaphorically spelling it out" without any whiplash at all. Good job, Mookie, you talentless hack.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Also I literally can't stop hearing the Robotnik battle theme every time I see that loving ship

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

Thank you mookie for reminding me that Snout's deaf, I'd completely forgot after the last dozen times you told me!

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
Mookie has now resorted to thought bubbles.

One more step to them just speaking to each other normally.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Ague Proof posted:

Mookie has now resorted to thought bubbles.

One more step to them just speaking to each other normally.

For something we don't need a thought bubble for. We don't need a flashback to something that recent.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
How has nobody posted the latest comic?

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
why

SupSuper
Apr 8, 2009

At the Heart of the city is an Alien horror, so vile and so powerful that not even death can claim it.
Should probably :nws: that.

Also Mookie writes this isn't a one-off, he's trading graphical violence for graphical nudity (even though she's covered in blood), so consider ourselves warned.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
I honestly thought that was a link to a fake site with an edited comic at first.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

lmao at snouts snout

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Dominic Dongan

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

Don't worry guys, I'm sure Mookie will handle this in the future with grace and tact.

Libra
Jan 5, 2011

Dominic Deegan is good now.
This is the one thing it was missing all along.

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
Why!? Oh my god I was not prepared for that.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I never even thought to put full frontal nudity on the bingo card, but now... what's the over-under for how long it takes for a naked dead woman to show up?

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

it'll be the best thing he's ever drawn in his life, each putrefying asscheek rendered in exquisite detail

every other panel will be his usual chickenscratch

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I'm gonna lean on the conservative end of things and I'm willing to bet :10bux: that there will be a fully nude dead woman on-page in Dominic Deegan before the end of the year.

gently caress it, I'll :toxx: on it.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
mookie has matured and will only draw lovingly-crosshatched pantsless dead men from now on

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

talk about a cock-up? am I right? folks?

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Well, that was not how I expected him to cap off the midweek.

I know he did this to spite my wanker edits. :argh:

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

WELP

Give it to Mookie, I was not expecting that.

Clearly between this and the deaf character, he believes he's writing something important.. I'm sure he's up to the task... Right?

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
big dong, to the right

that witch is dead, to the left

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

:allears: We are blessed. Every one of us.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

quote:

You may have noticed the full-frontal (mongrel)male nudity in today’s comic. Expect more of that, both male and female, in The Legacy of Dominic Deegan. Six years have passed since I made the last comic for Dominic Deegan: Oracle for Hire, and in that time I’ve rearranged my priorities when it comes to what I want represented in my work. For this new series, I won’t be censoring or obscuring nude forms and I’m doing away with graphic violence.

I was a much younger man when I started Oracle for Hire back in 2002. I loved splattery gore and body horror. I squealed at the chance to play in gory fantasy, ripping bodies apart and gleefully drawing blood-splatter all over every panel I could. I was a real gore-hound, so to speak, and indulged that in the medium of comics. But, as time went on, I got those gory spectacles out of my system and began to notice what we readily censor and what we eagerly embrace.

We tend to accept graphic violence without much thought, but the presentation of a nude body is almost unthinkable without a content advisory. As the years have rolled on I’ve noticed how accepted graphic violence has become in most mainstream media, to the point where I find myself going, “Oh wow, they went that far on TV? They blew that dude’s face half off his head!” But things like breasts, buttocks, and genitals? Things like loving, consensual sex? Unthinkable. Dead and dismembered bodies? Horrific violence? Now those are acceptable for modern audiences without warning.

Don’t get me wrong, I still enjoy indulging in ridiculous splatter. Mortal Kombat 11 is one of my favorite games these days. But doing The Legacy means doing things differently. It means challenging myself to make something I’ve never made before, and to approach comics in a way that’s outside my comfort zone. And maybe, in this case, to challenge some preconceived notions as to what’s acceptable and what isn’t.

So consider this your “content advisory” for The Legacy of Dominic Deegan. There’s going to be nudity. It’s going to be uncensored but I’m going to do my best to keep it “natural” instead of “explicit” or “gratuitous.” There isn’t going to be any graphic violence. Like I said before, I got that out of my system during the Oracle for Hire years, and you’re welcome to revisit all those splattery comics any time you like. There may even be loving, consensual sex scenes if the story calls for them. We’ll see what happens.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Ague Proof posted:

quote:

Six years have passed since I made the last comic for Dominic Deegan: Oracle for Hire, and in that time I’ve rearranged my priorities when it comes to what I want represented in my work.

There may even be loving, consensual sex scenes

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

the need to specify that he is a mongrelmale is kinda gross

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Boss, if they make us find seven lost crystals, I'm quitting.

Oh for gently caress's sake.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Also, just gonna note that 'no more gore and graphic violence' does not, obviously, include 'women coated in their own blood' because that's already been a big part of the comic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Ague Proof posted:

quote:

It’s going to be uncensored but I’m going to do my best to keep it “natural” instead of “explicit” or “gratuitous.”

He says this while the nudity in the latest comic is only there for the sole reason of having an excuse to write that post.