Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

I'd been happy, and I was happy still. For all to be accomplished,
for me to feel less lonely,
all that remained to hope
was that on the day of my execution
there should be a huge crowd of spectators and that they should
greet me with howls of execration.
Plaster Town Cop
Thanos, Obama, Keanu, Yoda, and all of their progeny assemble in the center of town. The mission is complete! All of their greatest enemies have been defeated by all the permutations of their power. But now what? One battle ends, but the true war is just beginning.

Iron Man was killed N0.
Osama Bin Laden was killed N0.
Emperor Palpatine was killed N0.
Agent Smith was killed N0.

It is now Day 1.

Lumpen fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Jul 31, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
first of all, before i read my PM, can you give me a confessional in the discord (aka channel that only me and observers can see)? unless you'd rather me submit actions through sa dms, it'd be nice to use discord

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Mr. Steak posted:

can you give me a confessional in the discord (aka channel that only me and observers can see)? unless you'd rather me submit actions through sa dms, it'd be nice to use discord

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
Also "Woah" at N0! I'm sad Smironartinema is dead :(

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
drat this game is gonna be interesting. uhh i dont even know where to start? anybody wanna fullclaim
role and flavor? hah

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

Mr. Steak posted:

drat this game is gonna be interesting. uhh i dont even know where to start? anybody wanna fullclaim
role and flavor? hah

My role PM specifically advised against this

##vote Mr. steak

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Mr. Steak posted:

role and flavor? hah

How nice of you to volunteer?

:allears:

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Squiggly posted:

My role PM specifically advised against this

##vote Mr. steak

lol i think everyone's probably did. im already doing so much "hmmm"ing about everything in my role pm, and my mind is going ten ways at once to think of how the game might be set up. im excited

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Mr. Steak posted:

first of all, before i read my PM, can you give me a confessional in the discord (aka channel that only me and observers can see)? unless you'd rather me submit actions through sa dms, it'd be nice to use discord

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

I’m hurming at Steak!

This game is gonna be zoppity

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
There was a game last year that had like 6 factions in it, each faction had their own enemy, and each faction had their own wincon. It was a glorious clusterfuck where I came up with my greatest fakeclaim ever (Doctor without Borders). Based off my PM I have a feeling this game will be similar.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
im town

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

##vote Steak

ROOOOOLLLIIING STAAAAAAAAAT

https://youtu.be/pls6OyJpCWg

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
why y'all so vote-happy?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
##vote Steak

ROOOOOLLLIIING STAAAAAAAAAT

https://youtu.be/pls6OyJpCWg

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
thats the scum third vote ##vote aa

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i sure have a talent for getting votes d1 tho dont i? lmao

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
[quote="Mr. Steak" post="497152187"]
thats the scum third vote ##vote aa
[/quote

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Mr. Steak posted:

thats the scum third vote ##vote Mr. Steak

This is a real question and not me being cheeky... is there even a normal "scum" faction in this game?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

b-minus1 posted:

[quote="Mr. Steak" post="497152187"]
thats the scum third vote [b]##vote aa[/b
[/quote

:monocle:

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
in all seriousness though, let's think. in vanilla mafia, people with an incentive to turbo a random person on d1 are considered scummy because 1) scum knows whether or not the kill will advance their win condition, and 2) their wincon requires the majority of players to die.

in this game, i think we can rule out the first one, at least until n1 comes around, so i'm focused on point 2.

i think we can all agree that we understand how the faction wincons work. from my calculations, it's just about a 50/50 chance that lynching a random person will advance each individual wincon. however, if you are a member of 3 or more factions, suddenly it becomes expedient to just kill a random person, then align yourself with whichever factions are strongest after.

in other words, the ones most eager to vote early in day 1 are the ones who are the least trustworthy to remain loyal to a certain faction, and will certainly be liabilities further down the line

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Mr. Steak posted:

in all seriousness though, let's think. in vanilla mafia, people with an incentive to turbo a random person on d1 are considered scummy because 1) scum knows whether or not the kill will advance their win condition, and 2) their wincon requires the majority of players to die.

in this game, i think we can rule out the first one, at least until n1 comes around, so i'm focused on point 2.

i think we can all agree that we understand how the faction wincons work. from my calculations, it's just about a 50/50 chance that lynching a random person will advance each individual wincon. however, if you are a member of 3 or more factions, suddenly it becomes expedient to just kill a random person, then align yourself with whichever factions are strongest after.

in other words, the ones most eager to vote early in day 1 are the ones who are the least trustworthy to remain loyal to a certain faction, and will certainly be liabilities further down the line

Pushing an agenda so soon? Can't even sit comfortably in joke phase? :thunk:

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

Pushing an agenda so soon? Can't even sit comfortably in joke phase? :thunk:

am i wrong though?

anyway, jokephase always gets me lynched, so im playing for keeps cuz this game super interests me

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Why you gotta end jokephase so early Steak!

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Mr. Steak posted:

am i wrong though?

anyway, jokephase always gets me lynched, so im playing for keeps cuz this game super interests me

I think we should tread carefully.

You've already alluded to multiple wincons and overlap therein. Exposing your own role and providing information

How many different factions can you win with?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
##unvote

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
lol deadline is in 5 days. Jesus.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
##unvote

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry
AA how do you feel about big purple thumbs

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

lol deadline is in 5 days. Jesus.

:wtc:

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

I think we should tread carefully.

You've already alluded to multiple wincons and overlap therein. Exposing your own role and providing information

How many different factions can you win with?

I mean (and I'm just guessing) that there are 4 people who have solo wincons (Obama, Yoda, Thanos and Keanu). Everyone else would have multiple wincons based on where they fit in the ven diagram. I don't think that is something to be concerned about, what I don't like is the role fishing.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
im not rolefishing. just making it clear that just because there's no real scum, that doesn't give us free reign to act recklessly

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

I mean, are you certain there’s no real scum? That seems like a bit of a leap to me. :raise:

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
unless u mean aa's and squigg's questions, but those were surely jokes

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Quidthulhu posted:

I mean, are you certain there’s no real scum? That seems like a bit of a leap to me. :raise:

does it? does your role pm hint at the existence of a "town" or equivalent?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Squiggly posted:

AA how do you feel about big purple thumbs

The same way I feel about big green ears or rugged, handsome beards or change filled smiles.

I think we can work through this together. I'm not sure about the lack of scum, but I imagine there probably isn't a normal factional scum unless one of the individual factions has lackeys of some sort.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
to be clear, my first thought upon seeing that there wouldn't be a universal "enemy" group was to wonder... who in the world could thread unite behind hunting (or pretending to hunt if youre one of them). the conclusion i reached is... the 5 players in the center of the diagram. because they are the most traitorous out of everyone

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
and if my assumptions about how night will work are correct, then starting on day 2 they will also be the most well-informed out of everyone, of who is in which factions

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
importantly, after n1, the big man yobo will know *everybody's* role