Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Will AEW survive the year?
This poll is closed.
Yes 102 47.66%
No 17 7.94%
Yes after TNA buys it 95 44.39%
Total: 214 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Super No Vacancy posted:

initial guess is LAX / EYFBO

:agreed:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Have the Revival re-signed? When are the Hardy’s contract up?

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Dacap posted:

Pretty sure all of them are up just after WrestleMania, give or take a month.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

In a bizarre series of travel mishaps, it'll be Fergal Devitt and Samoa Joe under matching Dixie Dynamite masks.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Dacap posted:

All up around March/April, same with Harper

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
It would whip untold amounts of rear end if the mystery partners were EYFBO/LAW

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

hire Pinkie Sanchez you cowards

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

DLC Inc posted:

it'd be cool to have a legit shocker of a debut outside of Mox who was maybe-kinda-sorta expected beforehand but still a big entrance. But I can't think of many other free agents or defections in 2019 that would be possible to get a decent pop.

Bring in the original Mrs. Fandango.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

Come on turning Best Friends heel and making them Jericho’s goons like we were fantasy booking 10 pages ago.

Would also accept Evans/Angelico in goon roles, but would not expect to see them plugged into this match.

That would probably make Chuck super happy, Chris Jericho's heel run in WCW is why he became a wrestler

lost my old email
Jun 20, 2019

el hijo de la jericho and super jericho. one or perhaps both are lenny lane

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

The unexpected yet triumphant return of Billy and Chuck

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

lost my old email posted:

el hijo de la jericho and super jericho. one or perhaps both are lenny lane

Do you think he ever returned Jericho’s Loverboy tape?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Seriously though I hope it's not someone already on the roster, itd be kinda boring if it were the Dark Order or Lucha Bros

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Didn't the Revival re-sign?

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Davros1 posted:

no that was gallows and anderson I think

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Davros1 posted:

Gallows and Anderson did, Revival have gotten offers to but haven't so far

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

overmind2000 posted:

The unexpected yet triumphant return of Billy and Chuck

poo poo i bet chuck palumbo is still in shape let's do this

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

AEW's gonna look real weird when WWE finally gets around to the release apocalypse they're well overdue for.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin
Jericho is going to say he needs a Bastard and a Villain. It almost makes too much sense honestly.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://www.instagram.com/p/B0lm5rkB3aH Jericho outright saying "you're not going to believe who I'm bringing in" so yeah, it's not people currently announced as being on the roster :getin: LAX

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Djarum posted:

Jericho is going to say he needs a Bastard and a Villain. It almost makes too much sense honestly.

I don’t hate it, is Marty due to be free in time?

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Djarum posted:

I'm really hoping Scurll comes over.

I'm not even gonna bother feigning like this is possible but, has Balor re-signed yet? Heard he was still a holdover who hadn't signed a new deal yet and possibly his contract was coming up.

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS
“My tag team partners are going to SHOCK the world...”

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

DLC Inc posted:

I'm not even gonna bother feigning like this is possible but, has Balor re-signed yet? Heard he was still a holdover who hadn't signed a new deal yet and possibly his contract was coming up.

He’s been granted a 2 month leave of absence post SummerSlam so that will probably get tacked on his contract if he doesn’t re sign

Also didn’t he just marry or get engaged to a Fox Sports personality? I’d be surprised if he leaves.

That said, it didn’t stop Moxley.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Chris James 2 posted:

Gallows and Anderson did, Revival have gotten offers to but haven't so far

I thought they had since they had gotten the belts. :)

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015
is there anything stopping G.O.D showing up?

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

I don’t hate it, is Marty due to be free in time?

I have heard Oct 1. That is all hear say.

DLC Inc posted:

Devitt has not resigned at this point. He has a lot of options. I know he hasn’t been happy with his WWE career. I know he has expressed desire to work in both the UK and Japan more.

The time off I have heard is WWE giving him time away to think about his options.

My opinion is if he leaves he will be a mega star, possibly bigger than Mox. If he stays he will be a upper mid carder that they will use the silly Demon thing to sell merch and make a ton of money.

I think the ceiling for him is higher outside.

brian
Sep 11, 2001
I obtained this title through beard tax.

i'm very much into getting my balls entertained off

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Though there's always the comedy option

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

coconono posted:

hire Pinkie Sanchez you cowards

Hire Cheech and Colin Delaney you coward, Tony.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Djarum posted:

Devitt has not resigned at this point. He has a lot of options. I know he hasn’t been happy with his WWE career. I know he has expressed desire to work in both the UK and Japan more.

The time off I have heard is WWE giving him time away to think about his options.

that's all news to me, as I always had the impression he was a very easygoing guy who'd be 100% fine with making shitloads of WWE dollars and doing whatever they wanted him to do.

If he went back to how he was in NJPW he'd no question be a huge loving deal; he should have always been a Top Man in WWE and would be an instant megastar anywhere else. It's a shame he's been such a bloodless promo because his work in Japan was very intense and fiery; I always thought he was an excellent villain.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Dude stole Capt New Japan's mask and pissed on it in an irish pub. How do you do gently caress that up, WWE?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I'm looking forward to going to the first AEW TNT show

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

karmicknight posted:

Hire Cheech and Colin Delaney you coward, Tony.

This would be worth it even if all Cheech ever did was show up and make faces at people.

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

Chris James 2 posted:

Though there's always the comedy option

Put the best friends in these shirts.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Endless Mike posted:

I'm looking forward to going to the first AEW TNT show

I hope Wednesday Night Dynamite's theme song is "TNT" by AC/DC.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Before he got probod rovert was making noises that Balor was definitely going to re-sign with WWE so expect him to run in on the main event at All Out

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

DLC Inc posted:

that's all news to me, as I always had the impression he was a very easygoing guy who'd be 100% fine with making shitloads of WWE dollars and doing whatever they wanted him to do.

If he went back to how he was in NJPW he'd no question be a huge loving deal; he should have always been a Top Man in WWE and would be an instant megastar anywhere else. It's a shame he's been such a bloodless promo because his work in Japan was very intense and fiery; I always thought he was an excellent villain.

I think if there were no other options he would probably be fine being a WWE yes man. A big reason why he left NJPW was he wanted to be a bigger name overseas and was pushing for more of a US and Euro expansion but they were not interested at that time. Now with NJPW wanting to be a player, AEW being a major player and a ton of options around to not only make money but to have a much higher profile it makes sense for him. Guns and Gallows were all but gone until WWE came back at them with a stupid, stupid offer. But then again they are not stupid enough to think they have the upside of Devitt on the outside either.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

AEW could lure Ferg away with a trail of legos.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

coconono posted:

AEW could lure Ferg away with a trail of legos.

Instead, they accidentally sign a guy who insists that he isn't Grizzly Redwood.