Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

Mr. Steak posted:

does it? does your role pm hint at the existence of a "town" or equivalent?

I am suspicious of people who appear to be pro all factions

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Mr. Steak posted:

importantly, after n1, the big man yobo will know *everybody's* role

This is an assertion that almost looks like a confession. This looks a bit knowing, mate.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Squiggly posted:

I am suspicious of people who appear to be pro all factions

Hmm why. Surely the common individual in any of the respective universes is pro all factions until their is a clear winner or faction that they must align themselves with. I assume that there are probably pre-determined MAIN factions and these wild card townies, have nested conditionals for win cons.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

This is an assertion that almost looks like a confession. This looks a bit knowing, mate.

look closely at the part of your role pm that talks about nighttime communications. keep in mind that in discord, even if you dont talk in a chat, you are still visible as being there

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

That and I'm not sure how he would know that with what I know

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Mr. Steak posted:

does it? does your role pm hint at the existence of a "town" or equivalent?

:raise:

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry
He won't know everyone's role tho just a glimpse of what faction they're with

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Squiggly posted:

He won't know everyone's role tho just a glimpse of what faction they're with

he'll be able to see the list of players in all four factions. so with simple deduction he'll know everyone's roles

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
similarly, the other 4 players aligned with 3 factions will be able to narrow each player down to 2 or 3 potential roles

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
(actually just 2)

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
and they'll know the role of the 1 person who's not in any of their faction chats

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
and the 1 person who could only be themselves, or X role

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry
Hmm. I'ma let Steak continue trying to break the game he's pretty good at it so far

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mr. Steak posted:

and the 1 person who could only be themselves, or X role

and this person would have to be yobomakeanos.

so those 4 players will know for sure the identity of 1 vanilla, and yobo

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
(btw quid, that was a joke)

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
Lumpen what have you done

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

b-minus1 posted:

Lumpen what have you done

Jaded Burnout
Jul 10, 2004

Is this a game of Mafia or an NSA recruitment test?

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

I'd been happy, and I was happy still. For all to be accomplished,
for me to feel less lonely,
all that remained to hope
was that on the day of my execution
there should be a huge crowd of spectators and that they should
greet me with howls of execration.
Plaster Town Cop
:siren:MOD NOTE: I am very sorry to have to do this, but I have made a small editing error.

If your PM contains the words "all of the other", it should instead say "other". This was not intentional mod-fuckery, it is an artifact of a deprecated iteration.
:siren:

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Lumpen posted:

:siren:MOD NOTE: I am very sorry to have to do this, but I have made a small editing error.

If your PM contains the words "all of the other", it should instead say "other". This was not intentional mod-fuckery, it is an artifact of a deprecated iteration.

IMMERSION RUINED

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Lumpen posted:

I demand a dayvig to compensate for this slap in the face

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry
Steak what else you got for us that first part already got us a mod correction in thread

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
Begun, the Bone War has.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
THE BONES ARE THEIR MONEY, SO ARE THE WORMS

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lumpen posted:

well okay then. forget all of what i said haha.

my point about the central 5 being thread's common enemy remains true though.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Mr. Steak posted:

well okay then. forget all of what i said haha.

my point about the central 5 being thread's common enemy remains true though.

That seems to be a stretch theory. Do you have any mechanical evidence to support this or is this conjecture based on what you think is most likely?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

All I am getting out of this is that Steak needs to die

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

That seems to be a stretch theory. Do you have any mechanical evidence to support this or is this conjecture based on what you think is most likely?

it's just a fact. we can safely assume that factions positioned opposite on the diagram are rival factions. for 8 of us, we aren't aligned with both of a rivaled pair, meaning the 8 of us aren't traitors. it is in the majority's best interest to eliminate those traitors

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Hal Incandenza posted:

All I am getting out of this is that Steak needs to die

because why? cuz im smart?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Mr. Steak posted:

it's just a fact. we can safely assume that factions positioned opposite on the diagram are rival factions. for 8 of us, we aren't aligned with both of a rivaled pair, meaning the 8 of us aren't traitors. it is in the majority's best interest to eliminate those traitors

See, right now, your still in the realm of speculative, but you're speaking like this is concrete.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
##vote aa you sound like a centrite

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Mr. Steak posted:

##vote aa you sound like a centrite

##vote Steak

You are clearly, very clearly, playing with more pieces than the rest of us.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

##vote Steak

You are clearly, very clearly, playing with more pieces than the rest of us.

those pieces and simply in my brain matter and not in my role pm

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mr. Steak posted:

those pieces are simply in my brain matter and not in my role pm

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
youre saying its speculation that opposite factions are opposing, but it's not. i know based on my role pm who i'm rivaled against and that tells me they're positioned opposite on the chart. i know, yes *know* that my rivals are also against me, and it's not some circular setup.

i know this because a circular setup of rivals would be unbalanced. there are a total of 4 plays aligned with both yoda and keanu, for example. meanwhile there are only 3 players aligned with both yoda and thanos. goving some factions an extra member of their own faction that they need dead to fulfill their wincon would be unbalanced

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
Scum hunting in a traditional sense won't work well in this game, but what will work is the night time masonry because that is where you will get a lot of information

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

SalTheBard posted:

Scum hunting in a traditional sense won't work well in this game, but what will work is the night time masonry because that is where you will get a lot of information

for all intents and purposes, im considering the 5 centrites to be scum

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mr. Steak posted:

for all intents and purposes, im considering the 5 centrites to be scum

aa very much doesnt want us to think that way. so he's probably a centrite

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

5 scum in a 13 player game seems...like a lot?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

Mr. Steak posted:

youre saying its speculation that opposite factions are opposing, but it's not. i know based on my role pm who i'm rivaled against and that tells me they're positioned opposite on the chart. i know, yes *know* that my rivals are also against me, and it's not some circular setup.

i know this because a circular setup of rivals would be unbalanced. there are a total of 4 plays aligned with both yoda and keanu, for example. meanwhile there are only 3 players aligned with both yoda and thanos. goving some factions an extra member of their own faction that they need dead to fulfill their wincon would be unbalanced

So what you're saying is that Obama is aligned with Thanos and Yoda, while Thanos is aligned with Keanu and Obama, etc etc etc

So everyone is looking at the wheel across from where their faction lies potentially?