Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

flerp prob replaced out because he knew he was scum, vote quid

##vote quid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mr. Humalong posted:

5 scum in a 13 player game seems...like a lot?

not scum in the traditional sense, but in the sense of, we should hunt them and they would be wise to not reveal their status as centrites

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Squiggly posted:

So what you're saying is that Obama is aligned with Thanos and Yoda, while Thanos is aligned with Keanu and Obama, etc etc etc

So everyone is looking at the wheel across from where their faction lies potentially?

well, yes and no.

we know this for a fact:
-obama wants to eliminate keanu.
-keanu wants to eliminate obama.
-thanos wants to eliminate yoda.
-yoda wants to eliminate thanos.

but just because yoda and keanu don't have many conflicting interests (the only one being the lives of yoda+obama and thanos+keanu), doesnt mean they're aligned. because only one faction can win the game. notice how it says in your wincon that the game will end as soon as you win. that means if another factions wins before you, you lose.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
Why do you consider the centrites scum considering they probably have multiple wincons?

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

SalTheBard posted:

Why do you consider the centrites scum considering they probably have multiple wincons?

because they are the only 5 with wincons directly opposed to one another. being aligned with thanos AND yoda makes you, in effect, sort of like a survivor in a vanilla maf game, except who knows if they have to be alive. they probably do, or otherwise yodomakeanos would kinda auto-win

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
like, yes "yoda+obama" has conflicting wincons in the sense that they cant both trigger. but his motivations during the game wont be in conflict with either wincon. the centrites on the other hand, cannot possibly act in good faith for all of their wincons

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

what if the center one is sk

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mr. Humalong posted:

what if the center one is sk

actually, good point. every single faction wincon needs him dead, so he cant possibly have any of them as wincons...

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mr. Steak posted:

actually, good point. every single faction wincon needs him dead, so he cant possibly have any of them as wincons...

possibly he needs to be the last one standing, but i think more likely he'll win if he eliminates all 4 vanillas

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

we should probably vote out bowmore now cause they ain't ever gonna post

##vote bowmore

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Mr. Humalong posted:

##vote bowmore

:agreed: ##vote no lynch

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
[quote="Mr. Humalong" post="497158738"]

##vote bowmore
[/quote

:agreed:

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Mr. Steak posted:

Or they are a survivor since they also technically win with every faction.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Mr. Steak posted:

This is untrue I think. You've got keen insight, but your centrite theory is probably wrong.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

This is untrue I think. You've got keen insight, but your centrite theory is probably wrong.

ok yobamakeanos

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Mr. Humalong posted:

ok yobamakeanos

by the way I am super pissed at Lumpen because this is clearly the correct spelling and not the abomination he used

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Mr. Humalong posted:

ok yobamakeanos

Alas, not I. If that is the true scum.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

SalTheBard posted:

Or they are a survivor since they also technically win with every faction.

but they dont, assuming every faction wincon is phrased the same way. he is all 4 aspects

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
its obviously a good idea to keep our specific roles a secret, but ask yourself: why are you afraid of claiming which generation you are? me, i'm certainly not a centrite, but im uncomfortable claiming whether i'm a 1st or 2nd generation because in the former case i'd reveal i only have 1 faction that cares about my life, and in the 2nd case, im an obstacle to way more people.

in the case of centrites, the reason you dont want to say is because the majority would find it expedient to lynch you.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
poo poo, you know what, im actually stupid.

this doesnt negate anything i've said about centrites being expedient to find and kill, but my same argument about yobo also applies to the other 4. they cant possibly win with either of their 2 rival factions, based on the phrasing of the wincon. or at least, the rest of the faction wouldnt achieve their wincon.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Mr. Steak posted:

its obviously a good idea to keep our specific roles a secret, but ask yourself: why are you afraid of claiming which generation you are? me, i'm certainly not a centrite, but im uncomfortable claiming whether i'm a 1st or 2nd generation because in the former case i'd reveal i only have 1 faction that cares about my life, and in the 2nd case, im an obstacle to way more people.

in the case of centrites, the reason you dont want to say is because the majority would find it expedient to lynch you.

The way you've dissected this game is marvelous steak.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
that actually makes me more sure than ever that the centrites share a unique wincon. probably, w the exception of yobo, they all have 2 wincons (and nobody in the game has more than 2): the faction wincon they dont contradict, and a centrite wincon

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
Obams don’t care for your fraud on the minority, Steak.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Squiggly posted:

My role PM specifically advised against this

##vote Mr. steak

same (except the vote atm, but same about the rest)

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
[quote="Quidthulhu" post="497151574"]
##vote Steak

ROOOOOLLLIIING STAAAAAAAAAT

https://youtu.be/pls6OyJpCWg
/quote]

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
i kept reading and then i was ready to vote

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Mr. Steak posted:

thats the scum third vote ##vote aa

dude.... im sorry but this isn't helping your case imo

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Mr. Steak posted:

in all seriousness though, let's think. in vanilla mafia, people with an incentive to turbo a random person on d1 are considered scummy because 1) scum knows whether or not the kill will advance their win condition, and 2) their wincon requires the majority of players to die.

in this game, i think we can rule out the first one, at least until n1 comes around, so i'm focused on point 2.

i think we can all agree that we understand how the faction wincons work. from my calculations, it's just about a 50/50 chance that lynching a random person will advance each individual wincon. however, if you are a member of 3 or more factions, suddenly it becomes expedient to just kill a random person, then align yourself with whichever factions are strongest after.

in other words, the ones most eager to vote early in day 1 are the ones who are the least trustworthy to remain loyal to a certain faction, and will certainly be liabilities further down the line

i want you to die but not if you're one of my genetic dopplegangers, but don't tell me if you are (right now wait till later) dummy

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Pushing an agenda so soon? Can't even sit comfortably in joke phase? :thunk:

ikr

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

I think we should tread carefully.

You've already alluded to multiple wincons and overlap therein. Exposing your own role and providing information

How many different factions can you win with?

i bet it's two

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

SalTheBard posted:

I mean (and I'm just guessing) that there are 4 people who have solo wincons (Obama, Yoda, Thanos and Keanu). Everyone else would have multiple wincons based on where they fit in the ven diagram. I don't think that is something to be concerned about, what I don't like is the role fishing.

big agree/same :yeah:

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Dick Bastardly posted:

big agree/same :yeah:

poo poo i probably just made three enemies by accident... ok

just know; two of you... of the three hypothetical "enemies" are actually my frens

but you are eachother's enemies probably....

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Mr. Steak posted:

to be clear, my first thought upon seeing that there wouldn't be a universal "enemy" group was to wonder... who in the world could thread unite behind hunting (or pretending to hunt if youre one of them). the conclusion i reached is... the 5 players in the center of the diagram. because they are the most traitorous out of everyone

so you're not one of those five... hmm... ok

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Dick Bastardly posted:

so you're not one of those five... hmm... ok

i mean i guess you could be still...

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Mr. Steak posted:

and if my assumptions about how night will work are correct, then starting on day 2 they will also be the most well-informed out of everyone, of who is in which factions

you're assuming the players will be forthcoming with information honestly which i think is a slight stretch

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Mr. Steak posted:

importantly, after n1, the big man yobo will know *everybody's* role

on the topic of said big man... my first inclination was said player is probably 3P (alone)

food for thought

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

my sentiment as well

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

b-minus1 posted:

Lumpen what have you done

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012