Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Dollar Tree Jesse Pinkman

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

LadyPictureShow posted:

LOL

E: I'm honestly surprised that Micah became one of my favorites this season considering the start he got off to. I now expect he'll be the guy this season that makes it to like, top eight, gets eliminated, then one of the judges offers him a job in one of their kitchens or culinary school tuition or something.

I always liked Micah. I'm glad he's doing well. His ~story~ got me good from day one.

Also I don't know what about my post was (seemingly) worthy of low-key mockery but sorry I guess. :(

In the beginning I couldn't stand Subha because he seemed like a total space cadet but he's grown on me. To be clear I liked everyone laughing because it didn't seem mean spirited at all. It seemed good natured and like a bunch of stress breaking for everyone. :3:

SamuraiFoochs fucked around with this message at 00:55 on Aug 2, 2019

Enderzero
Jun 19, 2001

The snowflake button makes it
cold cold cold
Set temperature makes it
hold hold hold

LadyPictureShow posted:

LOL

E: I'm honestly surprised that Micah became one of my favorites this season considering the start he got off to. I now expect he'll be the guy this season that makes it to like, top eight, gets eliminated, then one of the judges offers him a job in one of their kitchens or culinary school tuition or something.

That’s my guess as well. It was endearing as hell when he unconsciously went drat drat drat like Ramsey tonight.

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008
Did I hear it correctly that Noah called "sifting", "shifting"?

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

nunsexmonkrock posted:

Did I hear it correctly that Noah called "sifting", "shifting"?

He totally did.

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008
I figured as much but I am kinda I guess the word is "tone deaf". So I mishear things people say all the time and just interpret what I think they said. But it figures my hearing is correct this time. I was thinking he was calling Subha, "Subaru" as a friendly joke of sorts since I they all probably are staying in the same house/hotel. But now I am just thinking he is an ignorant douche.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I always liked Micah. I'm glad he's doing well. His ~story~ got me good from day one.

Also I don't know what about my post was (seemingly) worthy of low-key mockery but sorry I guess. :(

Aw, we weren't mocking you, I just thought it was funny you were complaining about Renee before you were caught up; since she was already eliminated.

You'd already gotten what you wanted and didn't know it!

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

seen so much i'm going blind
and i'm brain-dead virtually

Ramrod XTreme
if micah doesn't win the season (in a finale with dorian probably) then the producers are seriously loving up the season narrative. no one's getting a villain edit probably bc those have fallen out of favor the last few years, but by my count we have at least 3 "how the gently caress are you still here" arcs with bri, subha and sarah and no one's being poised as a frontrunner other than micah and dorian (and i guess fred might have a redemption story brewing) but it feels like it's been a long time since there was a group challenge which, this season in particular, have sunk just abt everyone to the point that i'm wondering if the producers decided to avoid them going forward. but there are no dark horses (again except maybe fred) and keeping the bar so high mostly has everyone struggling to compete at all, which makes for great trainwreck television but i'm not thinking that whoever wins is gna have a cookbook ppl want to buy for now.

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

I don't remember specifics, didn't Micah say he got kicked out of his house by his parents or something? Or if he didn't get into the competition that he wouldn't have a home to go back to? If he makes it far and reaches final 3, the person's family usually goes on the show to bring support. Maybe I should refresh my memory but for now I remember his parents sounding like complete assholes. let me know if I'm wrong

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

Ramrod XTreme

Joe Mama Poonana posted:

Or if he didn't get into the competition that he wouldn't have a home to go back to? let me know if I'm wrong

yr not wrong, that was the story

Hijinks Ensue
Jul 24, 2007
I'm thinking the finale will be either Micah or Noah vs. Dorian. I'd like to see Jamie be one of the last to go; he seems like a cool dude and I want to hang out with him.

I like this season. There seems to be more focus on cooking and less on drama and BS.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Brie's getting on my nerves. Her breaking down every time the judges criticize her dishes is really annoying.

Tinydryad
Aug 13, 2004

This newb claimed by ChlamydiaJones; remember, bad things happen in theaters sometimes.

"Young lady/ man" Good boy/ girl" "Honey"

Ya condescending ol' bastards are lucky nobody has punched you in the dick talking like that. :rolleyes:

I'm not going to lie though, I don't care how ugly they are I'd eat all those macarons. I oughta learn how to bake...

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Tinydryad posted:

"Young lady/ man" Good boy/ girl" "Honey"

Ya condescending ol' bastards are lucky nobody has punched you in the dick talking like that. :rolleyes:

I'm not going to lie though, I don't care how ugly they are I'd eat all those macarons. I oughta learn how to bake...

I like how Gordon keeps calling Subha "young man" when Subha is 2 years his elder.

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

Ramrod XTreme

SHVPS4DETH posted:

(and i guess fred might have a redemption story brewing)

SHVPS4DETH posted:

(again except maybe fred)

:hmbol:

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I’m still catching up but that goofy southern guy keeps calling Subha, Subaru, I swear to god.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Invalid Validation posted:

I’m still catching up but that goofy southern guy keeps calling Subha, Subaru, I swear to god.

Subha actually even called himself that in the latest episode, so I'm guessing it's actually a nickname and not Noah being a dummy.

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

Ramrod XTreme

LadyPictureShow posted:

Subha actually even called himself that in the latest episode, so I'm guessing it's actually a nickname and not Noah being a dummy.

it can be two things

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

Noah is garbage and the wardrobe department didn’t even bother getting the store creases out of his overalls.

SolarFire2
Oct 16, 2001

"You're awefully cute, but unfortunately for you, you're made of meat." - Meat And Sarcasm Guy!
Okay, how many competitions in a row has Bri been in the bottom tier? I'm beginning to smell a conspiracy.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Bri's been in the bottom the past five episodes straight. It boggles my mind. And the waterworks start every time.

In contrast, according to an elimination table, Sam was low four eps straight, did pretty well for three more eps, then got bounced for being 'low performing' or whatever Gordon said.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

Bri's been able to coast by the virtue of people constantly being just a little worse than she is. She's cruising for a cut real soon

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro
Who hurt Aaron?

My favorite part of this season is watching him cringe every time Joe or Gordon bully the contestants. His face when Joe was like "it looks like a decomposing body" was :discourse:.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
So my wife and I have been trying to get back into Hell's Kitchen after taking many many many years off. We started back up with season 16 and holy gently caress is this season unwatchably bad. I don't think that there is a single person on this season that we can like and we are actively angry any time any of them talk.

Are seasons 17/18 as bad as this or was season 16 just an especially obnoxious crew?

Whiz Palace
Dec 8, 2013

Mordiceius posted:

Are seasons 17/18 as bad as this or was season 16 just an especially obnoxious crew?

Season 18 was a bit better because it was "Rookies vs. Veterans" so you got savvier people with familiar faces.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.

SolarFire2 posted:

Okay, how many competitions in a row has Bri been in the bottom tier? I'm beginning to smell a conspiracy.

My conspiracy is they kept her in over Fred because the plating challenge was next.

Also Subha's strategy of being 2nd worst every challenge is going really well.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Shneak posted:

My conspiracy is they kept her in over Fred because the plating challenge was next.

Also Subha's strategy of being 2nd worst every challenge is going really well.

As someone who works like a messy rear end in a top hat even when I'm trying to be upscale I feel very represented by Subha and will be very sad when he eventually gets cut because he can't keep sliding by on 'well ok you're a mess but the food is good and this other person was a mess and made bad food'

Hijinks Ensue
Jul 24, 2007
As annoying as I find Subha, I can't be too mad at him because I'm a good home cook but work terribly under time pressure and scrutiny, and my plating skills are not the best, so I'd be just as annoying if I were on a show like MasterChef.

CaveGrinch
Dec 5, 2003
I'm a mean one.
Noah needs to be terribly, terribly kicked off the show.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Hijinks Ensue posted:

As annoying as I find Subha, I can't be too mad at him because I'm a good home cook but work terribly under time pressure and scrutiny, and my plating skills are not the best, so I'd be just as annoying if I were on a show like MasterChef.

yea I do wanna be all 'oh god why is he here' but also I'd 100% be him if I was on the show so hey rock on Subha get your spotlight and have fun.

Noah fuckin suuuuuuuucks though, I'm so bored with his shtick. I also dislike the military torture lady on principle but she does so little I usually forget she exists until that hilarious 'military interrogator' title pops up like it's a normal thing.

Kodilynn
Sep 29, 2006
I still want to know what a “Professional Grocery Shopper” is.

saltylopez
Mar 30, 2010

Kodilynn posted:

I still want to know what a “Professional Grocery Shopper” is.

Might work for a company like Shipt. People order groceries through an app, the Shipt contractor does the shopping and then delivers them directly to the customer.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

I think that means they do the grocery shopping for rich people, seniors and people that can't leave their houses.

But with online ordering, I suppose they can be someone that works for a job like Amazon Fresh or Shipt and pulls the orders from the shelves. Not 100% sure.

esperantinc
May 5, 2003

JERRY! HELLO!

sexpig by night posted:

Noah fuckin suuuuuuuucks though, I'm so bored with his shtick. I also dislike the military torture lady on principle but she does so little I usually forget she exists until that hilarious 'military interrogator' title pops up like it's a normal thing.

Just once I want them to let Noah wear pants instead of brand new stiff as a board overalls. JUST ONCE

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

saltylopez posted:

Might work for a company like Shipt. People order groceries through an app, the Shipt contractor does the shopping and then delivers them directly to the customer.

Also, larger supermarkets / grocery stores have dedicated employees whose sole responsibility is to receive orders, fulfill them, package them and load them into the customer's car at a pre-determined time.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
"Creeler" is the only occupation I've had to google

Hijinks Ensue
Jul 24, 2007
I wasn't sure what "house flipper" was, but my kid explained it to me.

Enderzero
Jun 19, 2001

The snowflake button makes it
cold cold cold
Set temperature makes it
hold hold hold

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

Exactly same. I’m ok with Noah, he seems like a bright redneck who watched some reality tv and was like this poo poo looks easy, just always agree and say something positive even if his need to always say something in the background is mildly annoying. Much better than the usual redneck stereotype of being dumbfounded by things they ain’t never seen before. I’ll take that over blonde torture lady.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

I'm real angry I googled this and the first blurb was 'a textile worker that works with creel'.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

sexpig by night posted:

I also dislike the military torture lady on principle but she does so little I usually forget she exists until that hilarious 'military interrogator' title pops up like it's a normal thing.

My favorite euphemism will always be :airquote: Aerial dancer :airquote: