Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Dr Cheeto posted:

Don't sleep nude in the same room as your dying houseguest imo

Have we even gotten a clear shot of her face? We've been given a more concrete idea about what Dominic Deegan has done since the end of that comic than anything about this woman.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Nuns with Guns posted:

Have we even gotten a clear shot of her face? We've been given a more concrete idea about what Dominic Deegan has done since the end of that comic than anything about this woman.

she's got alphabet blood and a nice butt, what more do you need to know

SupSuper
Apr 8, 2009

At the Heart of the city is an Alien horror, so vile and so powerful that not even death can claim it.

Dr Cheeto posted:

she's got alphabet blood and a nice butt, what more do you need to know
He didn't even cover up the butt, that's how important it is.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Why was he wearing clothes previously if he's apparently comfortable to go walking nude in broad daylight?

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Tesseraction posted:

Why was he wearing clothes previously if he's apparently comfortable to go walking nude in broad daylight?

At that point, Mookie hadn't decided he wanted to be 'mature.'

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Dr Cheeto posted:

Don't sleep nude in the same room as your dying houseguest imo

His shack is a one bedroom one featureless void home.

Emrikol
Oct 1, 2015
I'm still trying to deal with him looking for the ship by sprinting some distance from his house and just staring in a single direction.

SupSuper
Apr 8, 2009

At the Heart of the city is an Alien horror, so vile and so powerful that not even death can claim it.
His body anatomy keeps getting more prepubescent. No pits, no nips, can you even call that a butt? :colbert:

Tesseraction posted:

He's clearly comfortable enough to have a bed but no blankets.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Waiting for naked Bortz so I can rename this thread to Bortz and Snout

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
The Legacy of Dominic Deegan: Full Frontal Snoutity

The Legacy of Dominic Deegan: With Naked Disdain

code:
The Legacy of Dominic Deegan: :nms:

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
The Legacy of Dominic Deegan: Not So Clothes Minded

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Emrikol posted:

I'm still trying to deal with him looking for the ship by sprinting some distance from his house and just staring in a single direction.

While it then flew right behind him without him noticing even though previously it flying near him nearly knocked him over.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
So, if the tail is coming out of the middle of Snout's lower back, does that mean his spine doesn't extend all the way down to his pelvis?

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Has anyone said "Mild Edge" yet?

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

super sweet best pal posted:

Has anyone said "Mild Edge" yet?

In like three different Dominic Deegan mock threads and a whole bunch of webcomic threads, yes, someone's probably used that joke

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

"Behold, I will corrupt your seed, and spread dung upon your faces"

Malachi 2:3
How has it been 50 comics and nothing has happened? It started with a bare-assed bloody witch dying in snout's yard, and we're still right there.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Invisible Clergy posted:

How has it been 50 comics and nothing has happened? It started with a bare-assed bloody witch dying in snout's yard, and we're still right there.

Eh? It's only been 15 comics, and it's kind of moving at a relatively quick pace. It's bad, but I wouldn't call it slow.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

At least it's not 8-panel comics again.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
I can kinda understand being frustrated with the pacing here, in 8 panels we see Snout carrying out one action (2 if you count waking up, which only takes 1 panel compared to the 7 it takes to open his diary). In a book you wouldn’t really notice since the next page is right there, but this page has to hold readers’ attention for 2 days. I vaguely remember it being assumed Mookie dragged things out for his Friday cliffhangers, and that’s why there were pages where things moved so slow, but I think he’s just not that great at pacing for webcomics.

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

SupSuper posted:

His body anatomy keeps getting more prepubescent. No pits, no nips, can you even call that a butt? :colbert:

Prepubescent boys have nipples, too, but apparently Mookie decided nipples on guys is still a no-go in this nu(dist)-age.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

TheHan posted:

I can kinda understand being frustrated with the pacing here, in 8 panels we see Snout carrying out one action (2 if you count waking up, which only takes 1 panel compared to the 7 it takes to open his diary). In a book you wouldn’t really notice since the next page is right there, but this page has to hold readers’ attention for 2 days. I vaguely remember it being assumed Mookie dragged things out for his Friday cliffhangers, and that’s why there were pages where things moved so slow, but I think he’s just not that great at pacing for webcomics.

Didn't he brag about always writing for the current comic without ever thinking of what would happen in the next one? Because otherwise it would be boring for him?

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!

Ague Proof posted:

Didn't he brag about always writing for the current comic without ever thinking of what would happen in the next one? Because otherwise it would be boring for him?

He did. I’m willing to bet it’s cause cause Akira Toriyama famously doesn’t script ahead, and since everyone loves DBZ they will love Dominic Deegan too :smug:

(Akira Toriyama has editors)

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

It's a bit early to judge the pacing, we don't even know what kind of story he's trying to say right now. And that's probably a bigger issue with it, there hasn't really been anything to serve as a tone-setter. I guess it's supposed to be a mystery story? Find out what happened with the witch girl and the aircraft? But there's not really enough information given to us to feel like that's a mystery and it feels more like an "obstacle" for Snout and witch to overcome. Are we supposed to actually care about Dominic Deegan here? The newspaper excerpts should suggest that but they might just be meant as exposition to give us a timeframe as to how much time has passed from DD. So far I'm not really sure what I'm supposed to care about in this story.

Vonnie
Sep 13, 2011

TheHan posted:

He did. I’m willing to bet it’s cause cause Akira Toriyama famously doesn’t script ahead, and since everyone loves DBZ they will love Dominic Deegan too :smug:

Also all the problems with the android/cell saga...

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

TheHan posted:

Vonnie posted:

Also all the problems with the android/cell saga...

You know I didn't know that Akira Toriyama worked this way and now Mookie's entire arc as a webcomic artist suddenly makes so much sense. He even copies Toriyama's thing of starting off as a gag a day type and ending up in a dramatic fight for the universe.

Of course, even though Toriyama didn't plan head he could also rely on real life for inspiration - from the origins of Dragon Ball as being inspired by Journey to the West to his inclusion of the Red Ribbon Army whose subdivisions wore Soviet/Nazi/famous paramilitary uniforms and wielded weapons from real-world wars, his stories started with grounding in things that gelled with the real world which added to the reader's experience.

On the other hand Dominic Deegan had power metal.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Yesterday I saw the Manga exibition at the British Museum (which is very good, go see it if you have the chance) and one of the interesting tidbits I didn't know was that Toriyama has zero passion about comics. Many other authors go into the business because they love drawing, or want to tell a story, or something like that; for Toriyama it's just a job, a way to put bread on the table.

(Also, Toriyama was a graphic designer before he started doing comics, so there's that.)

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Mikl posted:

Yesterday I saw the Manga exibition at the British Museum (which is very good, go see it if you have the chance) and one of the interesting tidbits I didn't know was that Toriyama has zero passion about comics. Many other authors go into the business because they love drawing, or want to tell a story, or something like that; for Toriyama it's just a job, a way to put bread on the table.

(Also, Toriyama was a graphic designer before he started doing comics, so there's that.)

Toriyama is the laziest Manga artist in history and a lot of the changes in character designs over the years are 100% ways for them to be easier for him to draw, like the saiyans losing their tails, ssj making them blonde, Goku getting blasted right on his super complicated shirt logo every fight, etcétera
Still doesn't explain Cell, the bug man whose three different designs were covered in a spotted pattern that had to be drawn in every time

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.
Toriyama likes drawing monsters.

He also completely forgot Launch existed for a while.

As far as Mookie goes, you can tell he was plotting things out for a while in DD. He just got lazy and justifies it as being more fun for himself this way.

Emong
May 31, 2011

perpair to be annihilated

Calaveron posted:

Toriyama is the laziest Manga artist in history and a lot of the changes in character designs over the years are 100% ways for them to be easier for him to draw, like the saiyans losing their tails, ssj making them blonde, Goku getting blasted right on his super complicated shirt logo every fight, etcétera
Still doesn't explain Cell, the bug man whose three different designs were covered in a spotted pattern that had to be drawn in every time

He's complained about Cell being annoying to draw in interviews, so I think he just couldn't think of a good way to get rid of the spots.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Emong posted:

He's complained about Cell being annoying to draw in interviews, so I think he just couldn't think of a good way to get rid of the spots.

I mean, he designed him and gave him three different transformations. He could've phased out the spots with each one

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!

Tesseraction posted:

You know I didn't know that Akira Toriyama worked this way and now Mookie's entire arc as a webcomic artist suddenly makes so much sense. He even copies Toriyama's thing of starting off as a gag a day type and ending up in a dramatic fight for the universe.

Of course, even though Toriyama didn't plan head he could also rely on real life for inspiration - from the origins of Dragon Ball as being inspired by Journey to the West to his inclusion of the Red Ribbon Army whose subdivisions wore Soviet/Nazi/famous paramilitary uniforms and wielded weapons from real-world wars, his stories started with grounding in things that gelled with the real world which added to the reader's experience.

On the other hand Dominic Deegan had power metal.

It's kinda funny that a lot of elements of classic Dominic Deegan translate to Dragonball elements.

Sigfried -> Vegeta (But instead of realizing the story potential and fan appeal in Sigfried Mookie cannabalized his character cause he didn't like him)

March Across Maltak -> Namek Saga

Supergreg -> Great Saiyaman

And of course, Legacy of Dominic Deegan is Dragonball GT

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?

Nuns with Guns posted:

He just got lazy and justifies it as being more fun for himself this way.

I mean, being lazy is more fun than doing work, typically

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Here, have an alien god.
Toriyama, that's just a sphynx cat.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Toriyama is an important counterexample to Tezuka, who worked himself to death and set an impossible standard for manga artists. Of course, not everyone can pull it off, you have to have some talent to start with.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Synthbuttrange posted:

Here, have an alien god.

Are you saying Toriyama's cat doesn't deserve to be immortalized in manga? :catbert:

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Synthbuttrange posted:

Here, have an alien god.

Is that supposed to be a contradiction?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bz6rcfLfXM0

This is a translation of the original in French. It's missing the last part where they explain the whole thing was a classroom's assignment to make a spoof of conspiracy videos and expose how they work.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
If on Friday you thought "drat, I really hope he isn't about to throw a bunch of words at us to recap what we just saw." Well...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

lmao they cant stop talking about how amazing DD is two hundred years later