Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Brokenogre posted:

That being said I will hope in vain for a GM mode cuz that is something my fiancee has been enjoying in the old smackdown games recently

I loving wish.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Story Creator and GM mode are the things we all want but will never get again

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."

Angry_Ed posted:

Story Creator and GM mode are the things we all want but will never get again

I yearned for Story Creator to come back so I can start my E-Fed again. Eventually I realized that it's dead and gone for good and instead made my scenes with RenPy. It's an extra program I have to use but a million times easier to work with than the garbage Story Creator, though, limited in some aspects (no 3D animation, have to prepare own assets.)

I still want my GM Mode back, drat it!

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Davros1 posted:

The game's going to be fixed so you can't see HHH from the waist down.

Notes for promotional art: Triple H is not to be shown from the waist down. Triple H is not to be shown in peril. If Triple H isn’t in a shot the other wrestlers should have a speech bubble saying “where’s Triple H”

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

Story creator would be amazing! Unfortunately they probably got rid of it because of all the uh, members of the WWE Gaming Community uploading stuff like RYDER BANGS AJ LEE.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Royal Rumblethon is on guys! 15-16th of August

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJPRCIXcJ3A

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I don't think you can top Chocolate Drop so why even have story creator included ever again.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

coconono posted:

I don't think you can top Chocolate Drop so why even have story creator included ever again.

I am still waiting for the much anticipated sequel of Ghost Problems.

John Dudebro
Dec 3, 2013

CascadeBeta posted:

I am still waiting for the much anticipated sequel of Ghost Problems.

my friend i have good news for you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=znqCR8IVRxY

Takuan
May 6, 2007

This week in W.A.V.E. Pro-Wrestling, to prepare for their upcoming World Ultraweight Championship match, Koji Kojima faces Gran Gordo Gacho in a non-title match and Sherman Cooper will take on 3, count 'em, 3 rookies in an elimination match! Plus KyodAI make their first Tag Team Title defense against DuoH! Lou Ban has challenged Bubb & Dubb to a handicap match! All this and Busta Cranium makes his in-ring return after being possessed by a mysterious entity against Glambot 3000!

All this and more tonight at 8:00pm EST!

https://www.twitch.tv/gameprowrestling

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Still plugging my way through 2k19 MyCareer mode and I just got to the Bray Wyatt/Matt Hardy storyline and ahahahaha what :stare: :okpos:

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

Still plugging my way through 2k19 MyCareer mode and I just got to the Bray Wyatt/Matt Hardy storyline and ahahahaha what :stare: :okpos:

Playing through that redeemed the whole game for me.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

flashy_mcflash posted:

Playing through that redeemed the whole game for me.

I decided to jump back into My Career a couple weeks ago and I'm stuck on a fatal 4 way that always ends with me dead and the computer winning.

Welp back to Universe then.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

joylessdivision posted:

I decided to jump back into My Career a couple weeks ago and I'm stuck on a fatal 4 way that always ends with me dead and the computer winning.

Welp back to Universe then.

Which one was that? During the NXT invasion? I don't recall having much trouble with anything in Career.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

flashy_mcflash posted:

Which one was that? During the NXT invasion? I don't recall having much trouble with anything in Career.

I don't remember exactly to be honest. I think Sami is involved and maybe a title? I just know I can't switch to the button mashing submission system in MyCareer and have to deal with the stupid dial thing I've never gotten the hang of.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

joylessdivision posted:

I don't remember exactly to be honest. I think Sami is involved and maybe a title? I just know I can't switch to the button mashing submission system in MyCareer and have to deal with the stupid dial thing I've never gotten the hang of.

Every time I deal with that dial bullshit I remember a story from my days QA testing games.

For one reason or another my company sent me and another tester to help our PS3 port developers, Munkyfun, out in San Francisco, to lend some more direct testing assistance and turnaround on bugfixes. The small team there was made up of mostly industry vets, including one guy who had worked on porting Star Wars: The Force Unleashed, to different consoles including the Xbox 360. So he tells us a story about the worst bug he can think of at the time that made it into a finished product.

For those that haven't played TFU (and honestly I don't blame you because it's not that great outside of the Euphoria physics on everything and it basically becomes the most fanwankiest of fanwanky Star Wars games at the end), there's a part where you pull a Star Destroyer out of orbit with your force powers. You do this by matching on-screen prompts for how to hold the analog sticks. There's just one problem. The prompts are not properly reflecting what you're supposed to do, and if I remember right they're basically backwards. Safe to say this is a really huge problem (though it does explain why it took me 10 minutes to beat that segment when I played it). Because they were on one of the infamous LucasArts deadlines of having to finish it by X at which point it's hurled violently onto store shelves, they don't have time to fix it.

Long story short that's how I feel every time I tried to do the analog stick dial thing for submissions. I don't know which way to move the sticks and I often feel like i'm moving them the opposite way of how it wants me to do it.

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

The gameplay of 2k19 is decently customizable (stuff like making resiliency charge faster has a big effect) but I wish there was an option to just do the pins/submissions without the minigame, treat you like an AI.

A lot of modern games don't care about local multiplayer anymore but these games are, like, actively hostile.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

Fat Lowtax posted:

The gameplay of 2k19 is decently customizable (stuff like making resiliency charge faster has a big effect) but I wish there was an option to just do the pins/submissions without the minigame, treat you like an AI.

A lot of modern games don't care about local multiplayer anymore but these games are, like, actively hostile.

As someone who's played waaaay too much mDickie's wrestling Mpire which did pins/submissions that way, you don't actually want that.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

CascadeBeta posted:

As someone who's played waaaay too much mDickie's wrestling Mpire which did pins/submissions that way, you don't actually want that.

Yeah I actually like the pin minigame (not so much the submission one, felt the ones with more understandable meters in earlier games were better) because it gives you a chance, however slim. Only the AKI engine games ever really felt like "yeah you got beat up enough to get pinned" consistently without needing a minigame.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
Wrestling Mpire might be horrible but goddamn if it's not the funniest thing to kill another wrestling in the ring with chairshots, get cleared of responsibility and then headline his memorial show the next week.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

The picture of Kawada missing fingers and a leg below the knee haunts me to this day. MDickie's creativity should be celebrated. Its not his fault making vidya is insanely hard.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

any wrestling game that lets you get pinned 1-2-3 even in the first 10 seconds just because you missed some stupid loving minigame cue is bad and is laughably bad game design. That poo poo should be based on stamina like No Mercy/Fire Pro with the occasional resilience skill kickout. If you wanted to get squashed or do late kickouts for effect I remember you could do that in the AKI titles by holding a specific button.

CascadeBeta posted:

Wrestling Mpire might be horrible but goddamn if it's not the funniest thing to kill another wrestling in the ring with chairshots, get cleared of responsibility and then headline his memorial show the next week.

I get the feeling Mat Dickie puts that stuff in but completely seriously as though it isn't some cosmic joke. This is after all the man who wrote a book called "A-fear-ism" about why atheism is basically Satan

NuclearPotato
Oct 27, 2011

coconono posted:

The picture of Kawada missing fingers and a leg below the knee haunts me to this day. MDickie's creativity should be celebrated. Its not his fault making vidya is insanely hard.

I will take the memories of the nl inc Rumble where they basically brought the whole game to its knees via several tons of explosives setting the ring and its contents on fire, and in particular the image of a beaten, bloody Kenta Kobashi refusing to go down for a pin, to my grave.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

DLC Inc posted:

any wrestling game that lets you get pinned 1-2-3 even in the first 10 seconds just because you missed some stupid loving minigame cue is bad and is laughably bad game design.

Counterpoint, matches where dudes get rolled up 1-2-3 in the first ten seconds of match own.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

DLC Inc posted:

I get the feeling Mat Dickie puts that stuff in but completely seriously as though it isn't some cosmic joke. This is after all the man who wrote a book called "A-fear-ism" about why atheism is basically Satan

MDickie took the exact same engine as his wrestling Mpire game and made a "you get to be Jesus" simulator. And also one about going to prison. I spent way too much time looking at his website.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

karmicknight posted:

Counterpoint, matches where dudes get rolled up 1-2-3 in the first ten seconds of match own.

Once, while playing a Royal Rumble in No Mercy, the bell rang, and the CPU wrestler immediately ran across the ring and clotheslined me over the top rope.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

NuclearPotato posted:

I will take the memories of the nl inc Rumble where they basically brought the whole game to its knees via several tons of explosives setting the ring and its contents on fire, and in particular the image of a beaten, bloody Kenta Kobashi refusing to go down for a pin, to my grave.

Or the rumble in the 2D version where they basically had a tower of tables...which then caught fire...grinding everything to a halt. The fire still burning over an hour later as it comes down to Kawada and Jumbo Tsuruta.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

Davros1 posted:

Once, while playing a Royal Rumble in No Mercy, the bell rang, and the CPU wrestler immediately ran across the ring and clotheslined me over the top rope.

I accidentally locked myself into the royal Rumble in 2k18 on the highest difficulty from the number 1 spot. The only way I was able to win was by deliberately putting all the wrestlers that came in on the top turnbuckle and kicking them off because they were way less likely to counter and immediately throw you out instead.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
2k19 trick: use stomps to run out the opponent's reversals before you do anything big

if they reverse a normal attack, it puts you in a stun animation and they get control of the match. if they reverse a stomp, you just whiff the attack and they get up, and you should have time to throw another attack at them.

NuclearPotato
Oct 27, 2011

Angry_Ed posted:

Or the rumble in the 2D version where they basically had a tower of tables...which then caught fire...grinding everything to a halt. The fire still burning over an hour later as it comes down to Kawada and Jumbo Tsuruta.

That's literally the one I just described. :v: Though that reminds me of the most underrated moment of that rumble: just before everything caught aflame, Kazuchika Okada got thrown out and eliminated from the match, just in time for the next entrant: Kazuchika Okada.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

DLC Inc posted:

any wrestling game that lets you get pinned 1-2-3 even in the first 10 seconds just because you missed some stupid loving minigame cue is bad and is laughably bad game design. That poo poo should be based on stamina like No Mercy/Fire Pro with the occasional resilience skill kickout. If you wanted to get squashed or do late kickouts for effect I remember you could do that in the AKI titles by holding a specific button

when did toru yano pin you

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

HEY RADICAL LARRY HOW ABOUT A HAIRCUT

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
I really wish they would give you the option of just having a button mashing pin mini game. And not a QTE button mash....an all button, blister creating masher. If I can tap fast, I should be rewarded :)

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Wrong thread

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

NuclearPotato posted:

That's literally the one I just described. :v: Though that reminds me of the most underrated moment of that rumble: just before everything caught aflame, Kazuchika Okada got thrown out and eliminated from the match, just in time for the next entrant: Kazuchika Okada.

A preview of things to come for Okada and Dragon George

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/WrestleFeatures/status/1157985736345432064

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
This is taking WWE's obsession with cuck angles to a whole new level

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
hosed up that the story mode has the Shield retconned to be Roman, Becky and Kassius Ohno.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

God the rosters are about to get worse in WWE games the next couple years.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

theres always one major wrestler who somehow doesnt make the cut despite having been on the roster for a long time. last year was ciampa so this year it will be *shakes magic 8 ball*...Johnny Gargano

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lost my old email
Jun 20, 2019

i want a realistic career mode where picking the wrong type of wrestler takes you straight to the gameover screen