Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless
I try to resist posting every Twitter dog pic, but OMG just look at these puppers

https://twitter.com/ABC7Veronica/status/1156749332164427776

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

i nap on the weekends and it is not unheard of for me to use monty as a pillow

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

https://twitter.com/TanukiMaki/status/1156297138332143616

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

I called chihuahua/pug before I read the bio. Not showing this to the gf because she’ll call the rescue. We already have 3!

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Uh guys.... I think theres a demon in my yard

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Uh guys.... I think theres a demon in my yard

YOB DOOG A SI OHW

YOB DOOG A SI OHW

YOB DOOG A SI OHW

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

BigDave posted:

YOB DOOG A SI OHW

YOB DOOG A SI OHW

YOB DOOG A SI OHW

Lando the Barfarian submits this humble offering of a freshly sacrificed rat to Lucasifer, the Prince of Barkness.

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

"I've decided im ready for the day and youre not getting up to feed me yet oh im so neglected"

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Leeloo was spayed yesterday. At pickup time

At home

She was starving and playful this morning so hopefully recovery goes well.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Stravag posted:

"I've decided im ready for the day and youre not getting up to feed me yet oh im so neglected"

This was me this morning, but instead of going "woe is me" Apollo just stepped on me until I got out of bed. He's a big believer in using force to get what he wants!

Golbez
Oct 9, 2002

1 2 3!
If you want to take a shot at me get in line, line
1 2 3!
Baby, I've had all my shots and I'm fine

Lillian is magical and I thank you for sharing him with us

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Monty was acting funny the last couple of days. Has your pup ever acted different but even other people that are around relatively often don't see it, but you definitely do, because your dog is definitely acting in an indescribably different way?

I wish dogs could talk.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
Did you ask him what was wrong? Give him a good all over petting and see if he’s sensitive in any new area.

Yoko sometimes wakes me up at night because she’s anxious, and we have to take a walk through the house to check for monsters. Once I figured that out, I just get up, show her around and go back to bed and everything is fine. Dogs are basically four year old humans who can’t speak.

Click Beelay
Oct 13, 2011

Delta went weird and withdrawn for about 24 hours after I transitioned her to a new food too quickly. Lesson well learned, I felt horrible.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

colachute posted:

Monty was acting funny the last couple of days. Has your pup ever acted different but even other people that are around relatively often don't see it, but you definitely do, because your dog is definitely acting in an indescribably different way?

I wish dogs could talk.

Seconding what the other poster said about giving him a once over for any injuries. Barring that, if there are any other changes or stresses going in your life he might be picking up on that? I know when I’m anxious Tarkus becomes my shadow (more than usual).

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

The majestic white wolf strikes its prey swiftly and decisively. Truly a killer to be feared.

https://youtu.be/C6w8bR6KA2k

CeramicPig
Oct 9, 2012

colachute posted:

I wish dogs could talk.

Napoleon does this sometimes. He’s a pup still so I chalk it up to him being tired from growing but sometimes the weather can have its affects. He was a reserved, lazy lump when it was rainy here for like a week straight.

CeramicPig
Oct 9, 2012

Napoleon is pouting cause I won’t let him outside.
I’m not a monster, he went outside 3 times and is just barking. It’s not even 6 am here so no, I won’t let you go outside to bark.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

monty seems to be more like himself today, but now i'm going to be hyper aware and neurotic about everything he does, so that's cool

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

https://twitter.com/yoshinayu/status/1157063640140279808

It's so wild seeing the same body language in a tiny dog that I see in Apollo - he only does that when he's 10000% serious about wanting something, and hot drat does it work

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

colachute posted:

monty seems to be more like himself today, but now i'm going to be hyper aware and neurotic about everything he does, so that's cool

I don't believe you. :colbert:

We're going to need proof that Monty is both (1) OK, and (2) a good boy.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
Tracker got sprayed by a skunk last night. It wasn't too bad, but she started licking the tomato juice off herself during her emergency spray down :3:

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

CeramicPig posted:

Napoleon is pouting cause I won’t let him outside.
I’m not a monster, he went outside 3 times and is just barking. It’s not even 6 am here so no, I won’t let you go outside to bark.

Oh Sputnik must be his psychically linked twin.

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.

Stravag posted:

wanna pet kedah

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

Coasterphreak posted:

wanna pet kedah and all the other GiPuppies

FTFY. This thread is one of the last pure things in an increasingly tarnished world. :sigh:

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Writer Cath posted:

Tracker got sprayed by a skunk last night. It wasn't too bad, but she started licking the tomato juice off herself during her emergency spray down :3:

That's a lot of dog to clean up, too. How bad is it this morning?

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Getting doggy drugs for Kedah to help me train her seperation anxiety out of her. They have the best decorations

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Kedah is the weirdest dog. I think being feral for her first year didnt teach her how to dog properly. She doesn't wag her tail from pets or scratches or food, but wags the hell out of it from anticipating those things. In the morning when she rolls onto her back for belly rubs the tail is going nuts but slows slow quickly.

Or am i just reading into it cuz she's my first dog?

Wise Fwom Yo Gwave
Jan 9, 2006

Popping up from out of nowhere...

Stravag posted:

Kedah is the weirdest dog. I think being feral for her first year didnt teach her how to dog properly. She doesn't wag her tail from pets or scratches or food, but wags the hell out of it from anticipating those things. In the morning when she rolls onto her back for belly rubs the tail is going nuts but slows slow quickly.

This is how both Tim and Zipper have been since ever. They are more pleased by what they imagine instead of what they get.

Also, we don’t deserve dogs.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Luca went beach

Arishtat
Jan 2, 2011

That my friends is one happy dog. I don't have any of mine from this weekend because I spent most of it in the garage and they very wisely preferred to stay inside and be cool.

BUT

Meet GC (Garage Cat):

She showed up outside my house Friday night and marched herself right into the garage Saturday morning when I opened the door and pretty much made herself at home. She is a she and is Siamese (mix?) that is a little down on weight, doesn't have an identification chip and is very accustomed to humans so my guess is she's an abandon or possibly a drop off. Right now my wife and I are still up in the air as to the fate of GC as we already have two dogs and a very old cat that may or may not get along with GC.

I'm leaning towards getting her shots up to date and letting her be the roaming neighborhood cat with our place as a base of operations, but it's really up to Huey (our 17 year old 4lb 14oz minicatte) as to whether GC stays or has to find alternate accomodations.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

Stravag posted:

You’re reading into it. Maybe she stops wagging to concentrate on the pets.

I’ve trained Yoko to stop wagging her tail on demand. She of course resumes as soon as I tell her she’s a good girl for stopping the wag.

It’s a whole comedy routine we’re working on.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.
A few weeks ago, my wife was out of town for a couple of days. Bogey moped like a dingus and I felt compelled to make this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlQTbEow6gY

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Removed.

Handsome Ralph fucked around with this message at 15:25 on May 21, 2020

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Built for comfort and speed!
Fallen Rib

Stravag posted:

You clearly love her and want the best for her. Ex strays will always have (adorable) quirks as, like you say, they didn't quite learn to dog properly. Pepper is ex stray, and when she is happy to see you she looks like she could cry (ears back, whimper sounds, low tail wag). It took some getting used to after boisterous labradogs but she is happy, she just expresses it...oddly.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

My brother’s old dog would creep around quietly, like he was making sure you’re there before he lost his drat mind out of happiness. Poor dude spent a ton of time in a shelter, and still had heart worms when my brother brought him home...turns out all he really wanted in the world was a few walks a day, a squeaky toy duck, and a human to snuggle with. none of that was in any ways negotiable, human

This is Boo (aka boo-Ray, Mr Dog, and Boydog), I think he may have died of old age by now. He had to be re-homed after my brother found out the hard way that Boo didn’t like kids (I would’ve gotten rid of the kids, but apparently people act like that’s not an option? :confused: )

He was effectively a therapy dog for me, when i was fresh out of the army/not so freshly home from Afghanistan. Our favorite coffee shop had dog treats by the register, and if I came over with coffee from there (but without treats) he would give me some serious side-eye. Dude just wanted someone to snuggle with, and my brother was gone constantly then for work...so we were good for each other :unsmith:

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
https://gfycat.com/brightpleasantbluebottlejellyfish

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

Attention everyone:

The Dog Days of Summer are upon us!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Lando is so good