Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

DarkstarIV posted:

Because then neither of them would ever make TV ever again unless its to job to Charlotte.

:woop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS

Lid posted:

Quick dig up the mania gdt with people celebrating the IIconics winning the belts

If I was among them I regret nothing

My conscience is clear

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Lid posted:

Quick dig up the mania gdt with people celebrating the IIconics winning the belts

If I was among them I regret nothing

them winning the belts was fine, it was a nice moment for them

them keeping the belts is the problem because they're nowhere near entertaining enough to make up for how dogshit in the ring they are

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Julio Cruz posted:

them keeping the belts is the problem because they're nowhere near entertaining enough to make up for how dogshit in the ring they are

Yup. And the same scenario is going to happen with Nikki/Alexa. It'll be a nice "moment", but then people will quickly learn that Alexa is just as bad as the IIconics in the ring, on top of the fact that her character is completely stale. And that Nikki Cross has had serious regression problems since her time in NXT. Her offense has become incredibly sloppy and it reminds me of two drunks fighting at a bar.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Julio Cruz posted:

Them winning in the first place showed that the company already saw the belts as meaningless

lost my old email
Jun 20, 2019

just have them do their skits (which most right thinking people seem to like) in the ring instead of their (purportedly) terrible wrestling. full disclosure i have only seen a few of their skits on social media i have never seen them wrestle

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
WWE is in The Moments business remember

lost my old email
Jun 20, 2019

their skits are real good tho. strong kath & kim vibes (kim in particular)

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS
My favorite IIconic skit was the one where I felt like I was watching a cartoon for babies

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

lost my old email posted:

just have them do their skits (which most right thinking people seem to like) in the ring instead of their (purportedly) terrible wrestling. full disclosure i have only seen a few of their skits on social media i have never seen them wrestle

Vince never acknowledges stuff that happens on social media though. Or its very rarely brought up.

As for their wrestling, Billie Kay moves like a newborn giraffe in the ring, and her offense is very limited. Peyton has regressed since her days in NXT. The only thing they have going for them right now are their comedy chops. Which isn't good enough to be tag champs. It doesn't help that a lot of their "jokes" have completely crashed and burned as of late as well. I'm sorta sketchy on if Vince wrote those jokes (they aren't really low-brow/immature enough to indicate Vince had a hand in them) or if Peyton was telling the truth when she said that they get to write a bunch of their own promo material (with a little bit of oversight but not much) for live audiences.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 15:04 on Aug 1, 2019

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VtT5WZMpjzo

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Yeah, but for anyone who has watched Bille Kay lately, you would never guess she was good at one time. She's been pretty awful since she joined WWE. And only got worse once she was called up to the main roster.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
Which begs questions of why is everyone getting worse through exposure to WWE not just in character but in ring. Ambrose and Moxley might as well be two different people and serves as the test case for gloves off WWE talent. That you can find evidence that Billie Kay was good easily is just "the hell is happening?"

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Lid posted:

Which begs questions of why is everyone getting worse through exposure to WWE not just in character but in ring. Ambrose and Moxley might as well be two different people and serves as the test case for gloves off WWE talent. That you can find evidence that Billie Kay was good easily is just "the hell is happening?"

Probably has something to do with the schedule too. When you're always tired and in pain you just start phoning poo poo in.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Someone who is already on TV twice a week will be overexposed by winning a title is an interesting bit of logic.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Aphrodite posted:

Someone who is already on TV twice a week will be overexposed by winning a title is an interesting bit of logic.

We'll see how it actually turns out, but Dave did mention earlier this morning that WWE is likely going to be scrapping the Wildcard Rule and putting a harder brand split into place. And the only champions that are allowed to drift between brands if WWE actually follows through on that would be the women's tag champs. I could live without seeing Alexa on Smackdown if so. I think she's overexposed as it is, and the only thing that would happen if she was one half of the tag champs would be taking spots away from other women on Smackdown. Because if Vince has a choice in the matter, Alexa and Nikki will get priority booking over every other woman not named Bayley or Charlotte on SDL, despite being RAW superstars.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

TheKingslayer posted:

Probably has something to do with the schedule too. When you're always tired and in pain you just start phoning poo poo in.

Mox looked like absolute dogshit around the time where he was the 2nd to last guy in Rumble (the one HHH won). He was pale and skinny as poo poo and physically had just deteriorated from his initial debut. everything from his strikes to his moveset got worse and worse. He absolutely was worn down not just mentally but from like 200+ shows a year.

Sugar Blaster
Dec 15, 2004

All ears, all eyes, all the time!

Tomahawk posted:

My favorite IIconic skit was the one where I felt like I was watching a cartoon for babies

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Turn your screen on

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

It doesn't matter who holds the women's tag titles because Vince doesn't like tag-team wrestling and he's never going to push the division.

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own

DarkstarIV posted:

Yup. And the same scenario is going to happen with Nikki/Alexa. It'll be a nice "moment", but then people will quickly learn that Alexa is just as bad as the IIconics in the ring, on top of the fact that her character is completely stale. And that Nikki Cross has had serious regression problems since her time in NXT. Her offense has become incredibly sloppy and it reminds me of two drunks fighting at a bar.

You guys remember when Alexa Bliss was everyone's ringfu a few years back? Haha

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Forceholy posted:

Personally I blame all the people who moved to live inside her rear end. Hard to wrestle

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Forceholy posted:

He always tries to frame his personal dislike of women's wrestlers as best for business.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Aphrodite posted:

Good Nikki is better than all those other people.

Actually if we rate it in Last Woman Standing matches, Asuka is still one second better than Nikki.

Also lmao at Bryan/Reigns on a week build.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
There is nothing wrong with IIconics winning the belts at Wrestlemania, it's the lack of doing anything with them that is frustrating.

If they spent 4 months dodging title defenses, cheating to win, and you finally got this match at Summer Slam where the three teams they have been loving over have a chance to win the titles on the same night, then its like the bad guys finally getting what is coming to them.

But no, it's just IIconics randomly being thrown into a 4 way match with no build up.

And whoever wins I am sure will not defend the title and be forgotten about until Survivor Series where they are the captain of a team where the champs are the first ones eliminated.

Those are my expectations for this company

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

It especially sucks because they did some of it right with the defenses against local jobber teams, and as usual the backstage stuff they did for social media was great. But you can't sustain something like that when it disappears completely from TV for weeks at a time, so if you're not committed to telling that story then just leave the belts on the team that can actually give them some inherent credibility.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Charlotte is a great wrestler and should be pushed heavily because of it and because of her legacy. She's as good when she's in a decent feud as Randy Orton is in the men's division.

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Eat My Fuc posted:

Charlotte is a great wrestler and should be pushed heavily because of it and because of her legacy. She's as good when she's in a decent feud as Randy Orton is in the men's division.

WWE's handling of Charlotte is one of the worst things about the women's division and probably one of the major reasons that no other women on the roster are being taken seriously.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Astro7x posted:

There is nothing wrong with IIconics winning the belts at Wrestlemania, it's the lack of doing anything with them that is frustrating.

If they spent 4 months dodging title defenses, cheating to win, and you finally got this match at Summer Slam where the three teams they have been loving over have a chance to win the titles on the same night, then its like the bad guys finally getting what is coming to them.

But no, it's just IIconics randomly being thrown into a 4 way match with no build up.

And whoever wins I am sure will not defend the title and be forgotten about until Survivor Series where they are the captain of a team where the champs are the first ones eliminated.

Those are my expectations for this company

nah the iiconics are absolute trash

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Lid posted:

Everyone either wrestles too much or too little

bartok
May 10, 2006

If it happens on social media then it didn't happen unless they show it on TV.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Eat My Fuc posted:

Yes.

Dell_Zincht posted:

WWE's handling of Charlotte is one of the worst things about the women's division and probably one of the major reasons that no other women on the roster are being taken seriously.

Yes.

Charlotte is a top-tier wrestler, but the way they use her sucks and dilutes how good she is.

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

Eat My Fuc posted:

Orton sucks.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Eat My Fuc posted:

This post is an oxymoron.

YeehawMcKickass
Jan 2, 2003

WE WELCOME THE OPPRESSORS
I just read something about the betting lines surrounding TakeOver Toronto. Apparently one of the major bets is Cole/Garagano, over/under Meltzer star rating 4.99.

I have confidence they’re going to deliver, but drat that’s some pressure.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Shave Seltzer giveth and he taketh away.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

the over/under should be 4.76 because cole is fallout 4 and gargano is fallout 76. mother fucker :smilie:

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

YeehawMcKickass posted:

I just read something about the betting lines surrounding TakeOver Toronto. Apparently one of the major bets is Cole/Garagano, over/under Meltzer star rating 4.99.

I have confidence they’re going to deliver, but drat that’s some pressure.

they did it once so why not again. NXT is the only part of WWE that routinely gets 4.5 ratings besides the odd tag team match or poo poo like when Rollins/Styles get put together.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

I predict that they'll copy the NJPW main event formula and go 40 minutes, and even though it won't be a good match, it'll be the first ****** WWE match in WON history

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

There's a cage hanging in the arena at NXT so I assume the 3rd fall tonight will be a cage match.