Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I thought they announced it last night?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I think people have known Cassandra was going to be DLC since October 2018.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
There was that leak/datamine sure, but I can’t find any evidence of an official reveal or anything from Bamco themselves. They didn’t do it last night when you’d think they would’ve

Gutcruncher fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Aug 3, 2019

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
I'm starting to think Namco's post-release handling of SC6 hasn't been that great

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~
they expected a flop so they treated it like one even when it wasn't

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome
Where is Hilde God Dammit!?

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Arcella posted:

Where is Hilde God Dammit!?

In the waiting room with Dampierre.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Real hurthling! posted:

Hes was double crossed on the secret magical sciences project and turned into a prototype gear and now wears a cool headband to hide his forehead brand and limit his energies so he can be in control of his reason. He is called badguy cause he hid his identity to destroy gear factories and the authorities called the anonymous criminal the bad guy, and he is called sol because slayer, his mentor, was a vampire so he was the night guy and sol (sun) was the day guy.

We talking seriously heavy literature here

Also his real name is fredrick

his name is frederick

freddie mercury's solo album is called mr badguy

his name is freddie badguy

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
https://twitter.com/EVO/status/1157839891750744064

cOrE vAlUeS

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Yeah but in world its not cool like that

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
For the longest time I thought BlazBlue and Guilty Gear shared some characters because Ky and Jin looked extremely similar.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

'triumphant return' jesus, it's practically gloating

Roluth
Apr 22, 2014

Brother Entropy posted:

'triumphant return' jesus, it's practically gloating

I think I'm done with fighting games, if this is what the community can so easily wave off and ignore.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Roluth posted:

I think I'm done with fighting games, if this is what the community can so easily wave off and ignore.

p. much

gently caress everyone involved in this poo poo

triumphant return from beating the poo poo out of his wife and threatening to kill her, gently caress everything

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~
https://twitter.com/Slasher/status/1157814670226579458

seth killian is working on fortnite

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I don't even want to watch anything tomorrow now

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lol

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Roluth posted:

ehh i wouldn't go that far but i think i'm done watching evo unless something changes

i was just like, planning on pointedly ignoring any stream infiltration was on for the weekend but seeing that tweet pisses me off and makes it harder to ignore the situation and feel alright watching any part of this event

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

In Training posted:

I don't even want to watch anything tomorrow now

i was excited to spend next week checking out the tekken rounds but gently caress that now

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

jesus loving christ

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
gently caress Evo

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

gently caress infiltration

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

kirbysuperstar posted:

gently caress Evo

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

gently caress infiltration

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
So Granblue Versus looked at Soul Calibur's weapon master's mode and asked themselves "how can we add more grinding to this" from what I'm taking away from the new trailer. I'm now oddly tempted to give this game a try now if only for the single player coop missions. Then again, I can just go play one of the DnD beat-em-ups if I really want to scratch that fantasy fighter itch.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Some of the replies make me not completely hate the FGC.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

reading some of those replies make me completely hate humanity as a whole

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Most of them are telling me wizard to gently caress off

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I don't know if I'm gonna watch Tekken top 8 tomorrow, this loving sucks

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
Infiltration sucks but you not watching Tekken won’t cause him to suddenly teleport back to Korea. Don’t deprive yourself of your joys because of this rear end in a top hat

HerniaFlange
Aug 4, 2013

You when you read my posts:
Well, thanks to that set of replies I know Mr. Naps is a colossal dickhead.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Gutcruncher posted:

Infiltration sucks but you not watching Tekken won’t cause him to suddenly teleport back to Korea. Don’t deprive yourself of your joys because of this rear end in a top hat

True enough, and I know it won't actually stop anything, it's just very frustrating that the FGC keeps doing this poo poo

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

As disappointed as I was with Infiltration winning, I was pretty disappointed with SamSho top 8 as a whole. Everyone who played Infi just seemed to collapse against him, and I'm not 100% sure if it's just because everyone is still incredibly raw at the game and he was able to focus specifically on SamSho, or if Genjuro is just that much better than everyone else.

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

Shinji2015 posted:

As disappointed as I was with Infiltration winning, I was pretty disappointed with SamSho top 8 as a whole. Everyone who played Infi just seemed to collapse against him, and I'm not 100% sure if it's just because everyone is still incredibly raw at the game and he was able to focus specifically on SamSho, or if Genjuro is just that much better than everyone else.

It's a little of both. There were four Genjuro players in Top 8, but only Infiltration made it into Top 3. Genjuro is very good, but Infiltration had a unique and especially strong playstyle.

He's an rear end in a top hat, but he's an rear end in a top hat who's unnaturally good at video games.

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

Then you have a responsibility that no man has ever faced. You have your fear which could become reality, and you have Godzilla, which is reality.

Sarchasm posted:

It's a little of both. There were four Genjuro players in Top 8, but only Infiltration made it into Top 3. Genjuro is very good, but Infiltration had a unique and especially strong playstyle.

He's an rear end in a top hat, but he's an rear end in a top hat who's unnaturally good at video games.

Who should not have even been allowed to compete

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Mr E posted:

I don't know if I'm gonna watch Tekken top 8 tomorrow, this loving sucks

I hear ya but don't take this out on Tekken 7.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Beamed posted:

Oh come on, it's not like he leaked a DLC trailer or anything

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Sarchasm posted:

Oh, no doubt. I've never been an Infi fan (even before him being an abusive PoS came out), but he's pretty good.

His Genjuro's style comes off as high risk, high reward. Several players had his number for a second, but he was able to turn it around.

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

Beamed posted:

Yes. Sorry if that wasn't clear.

Goodpart
Jan 9, 2004

quarter circle forward punch
rip

Shinji2015 posted:

Oh, no doubt. I've never been an Infi fan (even before him being an abusive PoS came out), but he's pretty good.

His Genjuro's style comes off as high risk, high reward. Several players had his number for a second, but he was able to turn it around.
Kazunoko made a lot of uncharacteristic mistakes. Off the top of my head:

- He went for WFT off close 5B a lot but he'd often hit it too early meaning the WFT would whiff (since Genjuro was airborne)
- He would almost NEVER guard Genjuro's sword after disarms and kept jumping out. Not even sure what he was trying to achieve by doing it but more often than not Infiltration would just 2P AA and pick up where he left off
- He tried to hit air to air Cs all set and almost never hit with it. Most of the time Infiltration would just DP him or duck under. Then he'd panic and try to run in throw but would misjudge the distance

The last one was actually what cost him the final round. He was super solid all through top 8 but just got weirdly sloppy in the last.

I do think Infil got a little looser come top 8 though since Reynald mopped him up in pools afaik

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zooted heh
Oct 16, 2005

str8 mercin burgers my nigga
it looked like kazu kept doing his wft on accident. Like I watched him try to do his wft while infiltration was in the air several times and I said in the evo thread that he let inf get his weapon back every time pretty easily.

He kept trying to grab him and jumping into infiltration instead of just guarding the weapon.

Also I think infiltration landed every single one of his command grabs in top 8.

zooted heh fucked around with this message at 09:10 on Aug 4, 2019