Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What the hell happens next?
This poll is closed.
They literally set fire to the ring by accident 2 2.22%
They literally set fire to the ring on purpose 6 6.67%
Film 6 months of content accidentally using WWE prop belts 6 6.67%
Rehire Jeff Jarrett 23 25.56%
Start splicing in archival footage of AJ Styles and pretending it's current 23 25.56%
Accidentally switch the live Pop TV feed to the WWE Network 6 6.67%
Lose the keys to the production truck, film 6 months of content in the parking lot with a Samsung 7 7.78%
Sue a fan who flips the bird on air, lose all company rights to said fan 13 14.44%
Somehow everything gets good and they start making money (Comedy Option) 4 4.44%
Total: 90 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

She'll be a cukolding angle with a returning James Storm in six weeks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
gently caress off tna, just die already

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

Tessa lost to Sami, again. After repeated interference by Jake Crist mind you, but still.

Afterwards Tommy Dreamer chased off oVe before they could continue the beatdown and then gave a nice speech about her but it ended up feeling tiny bit like a send-off. Show ended with fans chanting "thank you Tessa". Either way they should've given her the win or just loving dropped it, instead this feels like rubbing it in and gently caress that.

Up to the main Unbreakable was quite fun with PPRay making an appearance in the opener (AEW's Peter Avalon got a win on an Impact show); the 5 way X-division match being exactly what you think (loving excellent); Eddie Edwards and Elgin's one hell of a match and the trio of Williams, Grace & Steiner dominating Gentleman Jervis and his buddies. Steiner delivered a Steiner promo (with additional Steiner-math equations!), slapped Grace's rear end twice (ok'd by her as her twitter feed now is all about that). Dude's significantly slower and some of his moves lacked oomph but he can still deliver suplexes like a motherfucker and he whipped out the Frankensteiner, too.

Of course it was an Impact show after all, so yeah that main event finish was bullshit and throughout the whole show the audio was only in the right channel, with only the taped promos getting stereo sound.

J-Ro fucked around with this message at 05:32 on Aug 3, 2019

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
Maybe you have Sami get the title off Cage now so Tessa can take it off Sami later. That has to be it. They can't just be putting an end to her now, right? ... Right?

loving hell, TNA, you had one job.

ed: Tessa's diamond cutters and spear through the ropes at the start were awesome, though.

pressedbunny fucked around with this message at 09:26 on Aug 3, 2019

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
lol this company loving sucks, at least release tessa if you are going to use her to put over whatever the gently caress sami callaham is supossed to be

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Sami Callahan looks visually unpleasant, like I can't actually keep my eyes on him for more than a few seconds.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
he is the indyest looking motherfucker ever.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

he looks like a loving truck driver. jesus just pull the trigger on the one worker who is keeping your company relevant already

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

there are barely 10000 people watching twitch and they get 0.0 TV ratings. TNA hasn't had a shred of relevance in almost a decade.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Seems obvious Sami’s losing (ed: or what the post below says vv). His shot’s at an event this month and the next PPV (Bound for Glory) is October. I’ve been saying if they’re pulling the trigger on her winning the belt, it’s BFG

Chris James 2 fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Aug 3, 2019

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

I think this is leading to Sami winning the title and then losing it to Tessa.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy

DJExile posted:

there are barely 10000 people watching twitch and they get 0.0 TV ratings. TNA hasn't had a shred of relevance in almost a decade.
As far as I can tell, here in the UK Impact gets about the same ratings as Smackdown and at the start of the year their ratings were higher than Raw's. So they're still very relevant to the wrestling-starved UK, at least. It'll be interesting to see if their ratings stay competitive once WWE moves from double-premium Sky Sports to the cheaper BTSport channels. The last time I was aware of then-TNA touring here (I want to say 2016?) they were selling out the exact same venues WWE does, and they were on more obscure channel then. (But also had the money to tour at all.)

Though in true TNA fashion, despite still being semi-popular here, they currently advertise the wrong channel. Impact still say they're on 5Spike, though about five months ago they were moved to 5Star, which actually is a slightly more popular channel. I'm quite fond of the idea that Impact just can't get their heads around being associated with anything referred to as 5Star.

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

https://twitter.com/JordynneGrace/status/1157708033121587200

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Tessa just won the AAA women's title :woop: see, she still got booked correctly this weekend

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

scanning though the channels to see if today's arsenal/barcelona match was on TV and came across this:

lmao tna

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

MPV vs Booby sounds like a medical examination.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

DJExile posted:

scanning though the channels to see if today's arsenal/barcelona match was on TV and came across this:

lmao tna

Most Paluable Vlayer

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

DJExile posted:

lmao tna

MPV vs. Booby Roode sounds like it would be at one of those British wrestling tribute shows

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.
#1 contender match for Rob Dam Van's title

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
Booby Roode sounds like a burlesque gimmick in Wrestleicious

lost my old email
Jun 20, 2019

Julio Cruz posted:

Booby Roode sounds like a burlesque gimmick in Wrestleicious

impact should do a rap at the start like GLOW that could turn things around

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
"I'm gonna kick your Booby Roode candy rear end!"

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
TNA Sucks

Max Coveri
Dec 23, 2015

by Athanatos

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Lets Go TNA

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Is TNA actually good again or is it just good for TNA?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Its usually pretty fun when I watch it but its lost a lot of talent lately and I'm not really caught up on what the current roster/product is like.

The Knockouts division is really good. And the tag division was really good but they just lost LAX and Lucha Bros so I don't know where its at now.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

LividLiquid posted:

There's been some fantastic stuff in the last year, and only somewhat suffering from the witch's curse of incompetent booking that still haunts the company.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

LividLiquid posted:

It's not good, it's just one of those feds people work themselves over in cyclical fashion

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
I miss LAX every time they leave TNA. They were the loving best when Konnan was their manager and they'd just come in and Border Toss random people.

Then theyd do weird poo poo like having Agent 47 Low Ki in it

HOTLANTA MAN fucked around with this message at 02:00 on Aug 10, 2019

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

I read an interview with Kiera Hogan where she had some really positive things to say about the women's locker room. Not sure if Gail Kim is still running that, but they definitely got that going for them currently.

LAX is seemingly going through another evolution with Daga being introduced in the last couple of weeks and teaming with Ortiz against the champs (Ethan Page & Josh Alexander) tonight (currently live on twitch). There's still Rascalz and oVe (+ Willie Mack & Swann), but Lucha Bros are missed.

It's 2 hours of good wrestling with low budget with a minimal amount of bullshit, it's fine.

Edit:

https://twitter.com/IMPACTWRESTLING/status/1160018210437115904

J-Ro fucked around with this message at 03:46 on Aug 10, 2019

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy

LividLiquid posted:

It's basically NXT without the highs of Takeovers. Mostly decent roster with just a couple of lemons and a couple of standout stars, with the main booking and writing faults coming from stories simply dragging on a month longer than they should and/or people leaving abruptly. By TNA's standards it is the most consistent, bullshit-light, and sincerely watchable the company has ever been; by the standards of wrestling overall, it's an easy, low-commitment watch that is solid background noise. It shouldn't be your primary source of wrestling but it's a fine #2.

Case in point, all the matches on last night's episode were decent but not outstanding and the only low point was a short segment which hinged on "RVD likes weed! Did you know RVD likes weed?"

I think the worst bit of Impact now is just that it's all so alright that there's not much to actually talk about other than repeating "put the belt on Tessa, you cowards."

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

pressedbunny posted:

"put the belt on Tessa, you cowards."

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Pretty obviously happening at BFG

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
You say that, but everyone thought it was obvious she'd win the rematch for the #1 contender spot, and, welp.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Seriously, putting the main belt on a woman (and not just to hotshot it like LU did) would be the one thing that might get people paying attention. Roll the dice already.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

pressedbunny posted:

You say that, but everyone thought it was obvious she'd win the rematch for the #1 contender spot, and, welp.

I agreed earlier on this page with someone that she was either taking it off Cage at BFG or taking it off Sami at BFG; if she lost, it was only so she could beat Sami for it at BFG instead of Cage

It's probably their biggest show of the year, even moreso than Slammiversary. I definitely would have preferred getting it out of the way, and obviously normally I wouldn't want Sami being even a transitional champ, but there is a decent story there of how at Slammiversary she lost clean (and got his respect and the crowd applauding at the end), on a random Impact she improved, came closer and only lost due to interference, and he's getting cocky/careless by coming back each time she wants a fight to prove she can win; eventually she will

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

Chris James 2 posted:

I agreed earlier on this page with someone that she was either taking it off Cage at BFG or taking it off Sami at BFG; if she lost, it was only so she could beat Sami for it at BFG instead of Cage

It's probably their biggest show of the year, even moreso than Slammiversary. I definitely would have preferred getting it out of the way, and obviously normally I wouldn't want Sami being even a transitional champ, but there is a decent story there of how at Slammiversary she lost clean (and got his respect and the crowd applauding at the end), on a random Impact she improved, came closer and only lost due to interference, and he's getting cocky/careless by coming back each time she wants a fight to prove she can win; eventually she will

Yeah, BFG is the flagship event but that's where Sami is getting his title shot, so this only works if you make the title switch sooner or gently caress just make this a triple threat - like a reverse Charlotte Flair where it actually adds to the match in a positive way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

J-Ro posted:

Yeah, BFG is the flagship event but that's where Sami is getting his title shot, so this only works if you make the title switch sooner or gently caress just make this a triple threat - like a reverse Charlotte Flair where it actually adds to the match in a positive way.

Victory Road happens on their streaming service in September. BFG is late-October, plenty of time for Sami to get his shot and/or win done with before then

Considering Cage's recent health issues, I wouldn't trust waiting on him to drop the belt for over two full months, get it out of the way as soon as you can while you know you can