Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Bongo Bill posted:

Presumably they're using the 70s throwback animation for the same reason they used it in the 70s: it's cheap.

Yeah but I'm sure it doesn't cost anything extra for the characters to speak with natural inflections rather than the stilted, wooden performances that have come out so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Also since I've been on a Scooby Doo binge, I've been watching Be Cool, Scooby Doo for the first time having decided to skip it when it first came out.

I don't hate it. The Seth McFarlane-esque art style is kind of jarring (it was the initial reason I avoided the show when it was first airing) and I think some of the jokes are trying way too hard, but I like how each member of the cast is given something to do. Velma's pseudo-educational vignettes are actually a really cool stylistic inclusion that I wish future Scooby Doo incarnations would pick up, and the treatment of the show more like a sitcom with interlocking A and B plots gives the show a looser feel.

No Scooby Doo will probably ever be as good as Mystery Inc but that show was a shooting star too precious to last.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I feel it's best to treat it as a pleasant surprise when a Scooby-Doo thing is good.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

The various Scooby movies over the last few years have been mostly pretty good. They also do a pretty good job of homaging the original style without actually being just cheap animation.

Not to be confused with the New Scooby Movies from the 70s.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
https://twitter.com/Nickelodeon/status/1157705279187931136

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
It should be the same cast, but telling grown-up horror stories. The Tale of the Nogo Indigogo. The Tale of the Late Rent Payment. ETC.

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006
So is this a movie? Is the movie a precursor to the show coming back? IMDB is scant with any details. BenDavid (gently caress you) is shown as writing the singular entity and 3 episodes of another entity. Internet searches turn up conflicting information as to what's going on. Biggest question: are they bringing back the nerd from the original show?

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008

SlothfulCobra posted:

The various Scooby movies over the last few years have been mostly pretty good. They also do a pretty good job of homaging the original style without actually being just cheap animation.

Not to be confused with the New Scooby Movies from the 70s.

13th Ghost Movie was pretty great.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

BioEnchanted posted:

It should be the same cast, but telling grown-up horror stories. The Tale of the Nogo Indigogo. The Tale of the Late Rent Payment. ETC.

"Tonight for my horrifying story I'm gonna tell the Tale of the Bitch Ex-wife..."

"Gary you've been drinking, stop."

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.

TwoPair posted:

"Tonight for my horrifying story I'm gonna tell the Tale of the Bitch Ex-wife..."

"Gary you've been drinking, stop."

I think you mean, "Submitted for the approval of the Midnight Society, I call this story...

~The tale of the Bitch Ex-Wife!~"

The worst part is who she left him for:

"You mean you're now Mrs Sardo?
"Sar-do! No Mrs, Accent on the Do."

BioEnchanted fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Aug 3, 2019

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

y’all the second episode of the new ladybug season is absolutely fuckin incredible in so many ways

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

remember when they tried to revive AYAOTD in the early 2000s? And it was completely awful? :lol:

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.

Mr Interweb posted:

remember when they tried to revive AYAOTD in the early 2000s? And it was completely awful? :lol:

I'm not sure how it's a revival when it's just 3 years after.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Man Adorabat's borderline psychotic in the latest Mao Mao episode. Which is kind of hilarious.

Ups_rail
Dec 8, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Mr Interweb posted:

I didnt know there was a revival

That show had a very east coast vibe.

maybe they should make a slenderman episode.

oh oh I know

Hey Dude, the next generation.

Or welcome freshmen with a mir view mentry about surviving a school shooting.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

BioEnchanted posted:

I think you mean, "Submitted for the approval of the Midnight Society, I call this story...

~The tale of the Bitch Ex-Wife!~"

The worst part is who she left him for:

"You mean you're now Mrs Sardo?
"Sar-do! No Mrs, Accent on the Do."
Hey-ey-ey, don't put my name on this.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

MonsterEnvy posted:

Man Adorabat's borderline psychotic in the latest Mao Mao episode. Which is kind of hilarious.

Adorabat is just that kind of character as a contrast to MaoMao's reverse (outwardly hard and serious, inwardly soft and vulnerable)

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
Ok, so for whatever reason the last episode of Amphibia (Reunion) doesn't have captions on Disney Go. Can anyone make out what the rice and coconut milk snack she has is called?

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

khao niaow bing

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

galenanorth posted:

khao niaow bing

Thank you!

Time to start checking thai menus. Although I still haven't found anywhere for khanom krok.

No.1 Special
Apr 4, 2011
Infinity Train off to a great start.

Alitur
Jan 10, 2019
So, how is Mao Mao heroes of pure Heart? Premise holds potential, but there is just not a whole lot of talk about the show. Is it good?

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

I like it, so does my son. It’s very cute but nothing deep plot-wise yet, just a lot of animal people hijinks and monster-of-the-week fighting.

The best episode is the one where Mao Mao goes to therapy to deal with his daddy issues.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
It's pretty good.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

No.1 Special posted:

Infinity Train off to a great start.

Con cat Kate Mulgrew.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Labes for days posted:

I like it, so does my son. It’s very cute but nothing deep plot-wise yet, just a lot of animal people hijinks and monster-of-the-week fighting.

The best episode is the one where Mao Mao goes to therapy to deal with his daddy issues.

I don't expect it to ever get too deep and I don't think it should. It sorta makes me think of what it would look like if someone ran an rpg campaign for a pair of friends and then someone's younger sibling decides they want to play and they just decide to use the kids toys for props and minis

Craig of the Creek is slowly creeping towards having Lore and idk if it's a good thing or not.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Mao Mao is fun.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
I was not expecting this song in Infinity Train.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4oAOZ8nbq4

I can't believe anyone tries to argue that the original Teen Titans is better than Go! when there's clear evidence to the contrary

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/glaad/status/1159113618442661888

Ralph has transitioned and is now Rachel.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Wow, that's awesome!
I dread seeing the YouTube ratings/comments section on Rocko clips after this, YT has become like anti-trans central in the past year. Well, gently caress em anyway, more shows need to be inclusive like this.

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

I am outraged at this retcon. The Fatheads was already cancelled.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

J-Spot posted:

I am outraged at this retcon. The Fatheads was already cancelled.

Yeah, that was the entire premise of the Wacky Deli episodes (which I believe were also the last appearance of Ralph). Wonder if they’re going to acknowledge that at all.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

They rebooted it and the reboot is going to get cancelled, obviously

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Macaluso posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4oAOZ8nbq4

I can't believe anyone tries to argue that the original Teen Titans is better than Go! when there's clear evidence to the contrary

This show loves forcing Robin to dance.

Though I'd probably be more into it if there weren't 400 zillion episodes and I have no idea where I left off.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Mao Mao's pretty good and makes me laugh a lot. Also it's got a blatant G Gundam reference in one of the episodes. :allears:

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
Also apparently OK KO! has been cancelled, which is terrible.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
That's actually a shock, I thought that show was doing well.

It sounds like Cartoon Network at least gave them advanced enough warning so that they could end it properly:

https://twitter.com/ianjq/status/1159503832100904960

I wonder if IanJQ will go back to Steven Universe or if he's got other shows on the horizon

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
That really sucks. The show had really found it’s groove this season too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

amigolupus posted:

Mao Mao's pretty good and makes me laugh a lot. Also it's got a blatant G Gundam reference in one of the episodes. :allears:

Well I wasn't watching before but they found the way straight to my heart apparently

Also that's a shame about OK KO. It was a great show and I feel bad I didn't watch enough of it. Best wishes to Ian in future endeavors.