Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

love this speechless comic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Pictured: a story told entirely without dialogue

Edit: gently caress

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Writing my diary while naked makes me crosseyed every time!

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

I wonder if he saw the episode of BoJack Horseman with no dialogue and thought he'd do the same.

Libra
Jan 5, 2011

A dialogue-free wild edge comic was something mookie threatened to make years and years ago but I think he forgot the whole point of that concept.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

:tenbux: The last or last-ish panel will have dialogue as a joke.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

This whole thing also demonstrates a total lack of interest in learn8ng more about the experience of deaf people or about deaf culture that’s developed due to things like the linguistic structure of ASL and how it differs from English, the ways deaf people have found to celebrate and experience the world uniquely, basically everything related to deafness.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!

SardonicTyrant posted:

:tenbux: The last or last-ish panel will have dialogue as a joke.

He already did this in the original wild edge story though.

Bort never spoke again. I vaguely remember Mookie saying it was just a one-off joke and Bort actually can't speak.

By the way, none of Bort's "Can haz cheezburger" signage has aged well.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

TheHan posted:

He already did this in the original wild edge story though.

Bort never spoke again. I vaguely remember Mookie saying it was just a one-off joke and Bort actually can't speak.

By the way, none of Bort's "Can haz cheezburger" signage has aged well.

He did speak again.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Ague Proof posted:

He did speak again.

RIP spaghetti monster

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!

Ague Proof posted:

He did speak again.

Whoa, I totally forgot Bort was inexplicably there for the final battle (Even though I had just gone back to remind myself how Dominic lost his alchemy second sight to the door of truth heart of magic). Weird that Bort forgot he could talk.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten
Ok so I'm gonna guess that once the witch wakes up she's going to be putting full paragraphs of ink magic onto nearly every panel she's in.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
She'll probably cure him.

Writing is hard.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Ague Proof posted:

He did speak again.

The DDDG left me unable to remember basically anything post-Court of Karnak so I literally don't remember what the final stakes were or how he Deus Ex Machinaed his victory. I vaguely remember the Elemecca returning and our good friend spaghetti monster.

And the dwarf

Libra
Jan 5, 2011

I forgot the final boss of Dominic Deegan was a fistful of earthworms with a ping pong ball eye!
Oh god am I going to end up re-reading this thing?

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

Ague Proof posted:

He did speak again.

That in-depth knowledge of the mookie canon

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

There's Dominic Deegan character epilogue comics on Mookie's Patreon. Don't tell me some of you aren't tempted to throw down some money at him.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
It's been, what, two weeks since this started and we've already gotten a wall of text recap for the comic with no dialogue?

But that's not the important question. The important question is: Where's Dominic?

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

Libra posted:

I forgot the final boss of Dominic Deegan was a fistful of earthworms with a ping pong ball eye!
Oh god am I going to end up re-reading this thing?

Lol the final boss is literally shuma-gorath, right down to the eye transforming into a mouth. Even mookies cliched poo poo is devoid of originality

Baller Ina
Oct 21, 2010

TheHan posted:

If on Friday you thought "drat, I really hope he isn't about to throw a bunch of words at us to recap what we just saw." Well...

I like that Snout suddenly has a gut

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Tesseraction posted:

And the dwarf

An ancient necromancer enlisted the help of a dwarf to punch Dominic Deegan in the balls in order to save the world. This may have contributed to Dominic's infertility.

GrossMurpel posted:

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

As someone who knows nothing about this comic but has been enjoying this thread: Why is he wearing a striped scarf in one panel but none of the others?
Is the Shuma-Gorath knock-off using old panels to make bad things re-occur to him like a flashback, or is this just utterly visually incomprehensible?

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

GrossMurpel posted:

Editor of Mookiepedia spotted.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Joe Slowboat posted:

As someone who knows nothing about this comic but has been enjoying this thread: Why is he wearing a striped scarf in one panel but none of the others?
Is the Shuma-Gorath knock-off using old panels to make bad things re-occur to him like a flashback, or is this just utterly visually incomprehensible?

I'm pretty sure it's an edit.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Baller Ina posted:

I like that Snout suddenly has a gut

dominic dongrel mpreg 2019 dot png

Rotten Red Rod posted:

I'm pretty sure it's an edit.

yeah sorry it's one I made, I made several edits in that time period where Dominic fought the flying spaghetti monster where I made the last two panels dwarfpunch & poo poo-eating grin.jpg every time regardless of context

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler
As I recall, editing in dick-punch dwarf actually increased the threat Dominic faced at that point. The eldritch end boss was that lame.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!

Drunk Theory posted:

As I recall, editing in dick-punch dwarf actually increased the threat Dominic faced at that point. The eldritch end boss was that lame.

Yeah but that was by design.

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Joe Slowboat posted:

Like other people said, it was an edit. The original dwarf dick-punch scene was from when Dominic and Luna when on a cruise around the world for some rushed world building vacation time. Mookie would sometimes draw Dominic with a big scarf, sometimes when it was chilly out or just whenever, because Mookie's also a big Doctor Who fan. It was more frequent in earlier chapters, but it'd crop up periodically later on.

Other fun facts: Dominic himself is based on a D&D character Mookie played. Two other characters, the priestess woman and her werewolf boyfriend, were also D&D characters his friends played. Another character, Nimmel, was... either an MMO character or a character of Mookie's in another RPG, I forget which now.

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

"Behold, I will corrupt your seed, and spread dung upon your faces"

Malachi 2:3
Oh wow, he's abandoned the conceit of not doing dialogue and shat a wall of text all over us. Looks like we all win the no-prize!

Synthbuttrange posted:

lmao they cant stop talking about how amazing DD is two hundred years later

Whenever Dominic Deegan isn't on-page, all the other characters should be asking "Where's Dominic Deegan?"

Nuns with Guns posted:

Like other people said, it was an edit. The original dwarf dick-punch scene was from when Dominic and Luna when on a cruise around the world for some rushed world building vacation time. Mookie would sometimes draw Dominic with a big scarf, sometimes when it was chilly out or just whenever, because Mookie's also a big Doctor Who fan. It was more frequent in earlier chapters, but it'd crop up periodically later on.

Other fun facts: Dominic himself is based on a D&D character Mookie played. Two other characters, the priestess woman and her werewolf boyfriend, were also D&D characters his friends played. Another character, Nimmel, was... either an MMO character or a character of Mookie's in another RPG, I forget which now.

I think Nimmel was his wow character.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
The funniest fact is that Mookie got kicked out of the D&D group in which he played Dominic Deegan because he was too annoying about it.

Mookie posted:

MERCENARY SOULS. It’s because of this 3.5 D&D game that I had a webcomic to put online. Seventeen years(!) ago my friends invited me to be a part of their ongoing, original D&D adventure, which they called “Merc Souls.” I rolled up a diviner called Dominic Deegan and had the time of my life. I became obsessed with Dominic. I talked about him all the time. I made up little sketches of him. I even doodled comics about him, which were to become the very first comics of Dominic Deegan: Oracle for Hire. Sadly, I became so enamored with Dominic that my friends removed me from the game. I never did get to find out how their long-running campaign ended, but I did get to start my career in webcomics because of it. My thanks and apologies to my old friends, for them inspiring me and for my nearly ruining their game. Oops.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
That explains so much.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Oh god, he was that guy. Mine was a guy in the dorms who carried his D&D books everywhere, like to class and meals, was obsessed with Star Wars to the point he considered himself a "real" Jedi and would try to get people at parties to read an essay he wrote about it (and then debate him about it), and then had an emotional breakdown when his fiance (who he referred to as his wife) broke up with him. He also named his (female) MMO characters after what he wanted to name his future children.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

we already know he's that guy.

when he got married he did a whole storyline of his character getting married and how he'd show his bride's parents what losers they really were for doubting him.

lmao

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Synthbuttrange posted:

we already know he's that guy.

when he got married he did a whole storyline of his character getting married and how he'd show his bride's parents what losers they really were for doubting him.

lmao

I still remember the pictures of Mookie's wedding where his wife is dressed as some sort of forest pixie and he's a bog troll or some poo poo and she has this pained rictus grin in every single photo.

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

Who What Now posted:

I still remember the pictures of Mookie's wedding where his wife is dressed as some sort of forest pixie and he's a bog troll or some poo poo and she has this pained rictus grin in every single photo.

Those were really terrible. Mookie is so goofy.

Invisible Clergy fucked around with this message at 05:25 on Aug 6, 2019

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

please stop trying to hunt down mookie's wedding photos you loving goons

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

Please excuse me. Forget I said anything. I don't want to cause you or the thread any trouble.

I predict this diary will be an irregular or possibly even one-off thing, and next time Snout needs to write to talk to Elpheba, he'll go back to talking like the Hulk.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
I'm glad we can focus on the real reason we're all here. Speaking of which:

I'm not gonna lie to you; I already peeked at Friday's comic and we're going nowhere fast. It's only 4 panels.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
With this already intriguing plot filled with so many plotlines and hooks, it's a good thing Mookie expertly reminds us of the current objective in a subtle way so that the reader can keep track of what's at stake. FIND THE SHIP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
This is the dumbest comic I've ever read.

And I like Marvel.