Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

I said come in! posted:

I enjoyed Ryse! You can complete that game in a single sitting, and it was paced really well. It's worth playing and checking out if you have game pass. It's still better than Sony's answer to it, which was Order 1886.

It's terrible all around, a weird story and extremely repetitive gameplay. The worst thing are those vestigial kinect "forced running" segments.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
Oh man Ryse's story. Worst game out of my backlog cleansing in 2016.

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

I AM DAMOCLES

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
When do new games get added to the game pass? Curious what august will bring.

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

Time passes quickly on the weekend.

Just saw that Metal Wolf Chaos is being released on 6th August. That's a day 1 purchase for me.

As for game pass.

August 1

Ashes Cricket 
Pandemic
Downwell 

August 8

The Jackbox Party Pack 2 
Space Hulk Tactics 

August 14

Slay the Spire

I copied this from Major Nelson so apologies for weird formatting.

Tsietisin fucked around with this message at 12:25 on Aug 1, 2019

FunOne
Aug 20, 2000
I am a slimey vat of concentrated stupidity

Fun Shoe

Lambert posted:

It becomes much more responsive with an SSD, but still doesn't feel particularly fast. You will have to do extra stuff to get it working (run a script to partition the drive, download the Xbox OS to a thumb drive and install it) and the disassembly process is a lot more involved than with PS4.

It's not hard, if you've opened up electronics before you'll be fine. Also, the Xbox only supports 500 GB/1 TB/2 TB partition sizes.

You don't need to do any of this. The Xbone understands USB storage, just get an external USB SSD and plug it in. The Xbox will ask to format it for games, then it'll treat it like another storage location.

I used it to get some extra life out of my Xbone before upgrading to the OneX.

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

FunOne posted:

You don't need to do any of this. The Xbone understands USB storage, just get an external USB SSD and plug it in. The Xbox will ask to format it for games, then it'll treat it like another storage location.

I used it to get some extra life out of my Xbone before upgrading to the OneX.

An external drive won't make your dashboard faster.

FunOne
Aug 20, 2000
I am a slimey vat of concentrated stupidity

Fun Shoe

Lambert posted:

An external drive won't make your dashboard faster.

Don't play the dashboard?

I dunno, from what I can figure, nothing makes the Dashboard faster. Not better internet, not OneX, nothing.

Any SSD will dramatically improve your in-game load times and reduce hitching. And an external won't cause any warranty/repair concerns.

But yeah, if you're big into Mixer or the other community / connectivity stuff on the XBox then opening it up to replace the SSD might make more sense.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I already own all of the games on this months Games with Gold. :P

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

FunOne posted:

I dunno, from what I can figure, nothing makes the Dashboard faster.
Going offline does :shepface:

I said come in! posted:

I already own all of the games on this months Games with Gold. :P
same
Forza 6 is more fun than 7 tho and I'm glad it's gonna get attention again

Ruffian Price fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Aug 1, 2019

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
What's the recommended rechargeable battery pack/stand? I don't really care about a stand and these look good: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07MW9Y588/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_2?smid=ACNPD5Z1B53QL&psc=1

Good reviews on battery life, etc. However I'd like something shipped/sold by Amazon to use my $15 credit.

edit: OR do I just get the Eneloop Pros since Amazon hilariously is offering a Subscribe & Save discount (even though they aren't regular batteries) for the 4 pack of AAs plus charger. With my Twitch credit it brings the price to under $1.

https://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-K-...=gateway&sr=8-2

BonoMan fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Aug 1, 2019

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Enloops or get the ikea ones, they're the same basically.

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Enloops or get the ikea ones, they're the same basically.

Fujitsu batteries are where it's at (they're the same as the Eneloop/Eneloop Pro - just like tons of other brands).

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

FunOne posted:

Don't play the dashboard?

I dunno, from what I can figure, nothing makes the Dashboard faster. Not better internet, not OneX, nothing.

Any SSD will dramatically improve your in-game load times and reduce hitching. And an external won't cause any warranty/repair concerns.

But yeah, if you're big into Mixer or the other community / connectivity stuff on the XBox then opening it up to replace the SSD might make more sense.

If you clear the alternate mac address in the network settings (and possibly also the blu ray cache wherever that is) it helps with dashboard performance for some reason. You can try clearing the cache with a hard reboot too but I haven't noticed results from that.

I wouldn't be surprised if the base xbox will struggle with the ui no matter what though.

Twat McTwatterson
May 31, 2011
Does anyone know why the Fallout 76 Xbox One X bundle is 399 and the X and all other bundles are 499? That's on the Best Buy site. Amazon's got "discontinued" versions of the X for 377, non-discontinued for 390. How is it a hundred dollar difference between Amazon and Best Buy, even for non-bundles?

Basically, what's the best price on an X right now and where at?

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Twat McTwatterson posted:

Does anyone know why the Fallout 76 Xbox One X bundle is 399 and the X and all other bundles are 499? That's on the Best Buy site. Amazon's got "discontinued" versions of the X for 377, non-discontinued for 390. How is it a hundred dollar difference between Amazon and Best Buy, even for non-bundles?

Basically, what's the best price on an X right now and where at?

“here’s a list of all the prices which number is the smallest?”

anyway Fallout 76 has negative value, that should answer your question.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Xbox1 models have always had a lot of variance in price like that cause there so many skus that get put out for a few months and then get discontinued that retailers cant keep up and discount them all. They arent in stores anymore, they're just online cause some warehouse has a few, etc.
The day 1 edition from 2013 is probably still on amazon for 499 msrp.

Twat McTwatterson
May 31, 2011

univbee posted:

“here’s a list of all the prices which number is the smallest?”

anyway Fallout 76 has negative value, that should answer your question.

hahahaha point taken

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
My new Xbox One X was working great for a week then it froze during a Crackdown session and had to be rebooted.

Ever since then, when I wake it from sleeping, it takes about 2 or 3 full minutes for the Dash to completely load and the controller disconnects every few seconds. New batteries and all. It only works when wired.

I know the bone has wireless controller problems, but is it just a controller replacement or am I likely to have to replace the whole console? I'm guessing interference but it's on a different side of the house than the router and I've unplugged all nearby wifi devices (Hue bulbs and roku) and it still does the same.

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
You’re almost certainly still in the warranty period, at least.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

El_Elegante posted:

You’re almost certainly still in the warranty period, at least.

Oh no for sure, I have a year warranty. I'm just trying to figure out, for my own interest, if this is usually a faulty controller or maybe a faulty radio in the console itself?

mem
Sep 1, 2005

BonoMan posted:

Ever since then, when I wake it from sleeping, it takes about 2 or 3 full minutes for the Dash to completely load and the controller disconnects every few seconds.

Got to be the console if the dash is that sluggish. Have you tried powering off the console by holding down the power button for several seconds?

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

mem posted:

Got to be the console if the dash is that sluggish. Have you tried powering off the console by holding down the power button for several seconds?

Yep and it's fine for the most part. Once it loads fully it's totally snappy and good and if I'm not waking from a paused game it's fine. It's only coming back from sleep state if I'm in a paused game. I'm actually having some normal wifi issues now so I'm wondering if it's just the location of the console. It's in an (open) entertainment center shelf

xarph
Jun 18, 2001

Is it worth buying any of the DLC for forza 6 before it is delisted?

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

xarph posted:

Is it worth buying any of the DLC for forza 6 before it is delisted?

the tracks the full dlc's add are pretty good so sure. the car packs, i'd say just look for packs that have cars you like and grab those. also i think they've always put dlc for soon-to-be delisted forza games on sale in the past when the games go free so maybe wait a week or two before buying it.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Does anyone know if my elder scrolls Oblivion game pass saves will work if I buy the anniversary edition for 360 to get the DLC on the cheap?

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Add me to the list of people deciding to grab a Bone after enjoying Gamepass on PC. So I ordered a cheap rear end refurb One S from Eb down here. They shipped me an X. loving score. Also I'd completely forgot all the old 360 digital games I owned so seeing them all there waiting for me was nice.

Is there a spreadsheet for friending people on Live or like a Goon group? nvm I'm blind

A Sometimes Food fucked around with this message at 03:27 on Aug 9, 2019

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Buy Panzer Dragoon Orta if you got a Bone. Its the least you can do.

Bina
Dec 28, 2011

Love Deluxe
I'm trying to get ARK to play on the Console Companion (Win10), and it crashes after I open 'Join'. Anyone else having this issue?

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Does anyone know if my elder scrolls Oblivion game pass saves will work if I buy the anniversary edition for 360 to get the DLC on the cheap?

I'm pretty sure it will as long as it's 360 version across both. I don't think oblivion got a remaster/rerelease

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

There’s a free play weekend for Vigor (which is kinda weird since it will be free to play), but they’ve pushed out a major release with achievements.

I’ve been playing it last 2 days and I am interested to see what else they have on the roadmap, Norway + base building + kinda janky shooter is surprisingly decent?

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:

A Sometimes Food posted:

Add me to the list of people deciding to grab a Bone after enjoying Gamepass on PC. So I ordered a cheap rear end refurb One S from Eb down here. They shipped me an X. loving score. Also I'd completely forgot all the old 360 digital games I owned so seeing them all there waiting for me was nice.

You really dodged a bullet there. The One S is underpowered garbage whereas the One X owns.

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Every demon wants his pound of flesh
Any idea why I got a bunch of Xbox updates today for old games installed on my Xbox One? Like Rainbow Six Vegas, Jedi Academy, Limbo, Rage, Mirror's Edge, Lego Star Wars, Ghostbusters (I could go on)?

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

WattsvilleBlues posted:

Any idea why I got a bunch of Xbox updates today for old games installed on my Xbox One? Like Rainbow Six Vegas, Jedi Academy, Limbo, Rage, Mirror's Edge, Lego Star Wars, Ghostbusters (I could go on)?

They do emulator/back compat updates from time to time for OG Xbox/360 games.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Maneki Neko posted:

They do emulator/back compat updates from time to time for OG Xbox/360 games.

Yeah they did a big stack recently, but it’s weird since MS supposedly halted work on them to work on the Xbox Two.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
Fyi moving my boneX out of the tv console fixed all my controller disconnects. I mean it was on an open empty shelf with 6 inches of space in any direction and line of sight to the controllers. And still didn't work. Even sitting right next to it. But moving it out fixed everything. Jesus that is some shittily weak connection.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

univbee posted:

Yeah they did a big stack recently, but it’s weird since MS supposedly halted work on them to work on the Xbox Two.

Given that the big issue with releasing titles is getting licenses hashed out and Xbox One X 2 Alpha still needs work on backwards compatible code anyway, it's not that surprising if they go ahead and have Xbone improvements released as they happen - and if some random game happens to have a pending license request be approved so much the better.

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist
They probably just came up with some emulator code for Scarlett that also works on the Bone. The architecture is mostly the same.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Anyone else notice the batteries in the 1x controller are pretty loosely held? Mine get dislodged pretty often from normal play. Maybe my rechargeables are slightly smaller than real AAs? Maybe my controller is out of whack idk but ive had two of them and they both require opening up and reseating batteries every so often which i never had to do with 360

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Real hurthling! posted:

Anyone else notice the batteries in the 1x controller are pretty loosely held? Mine get dislodged pretty often from normal play. Maybe my rechargeables are slightly smaller than real AAs? Maybe my controller is out of whack idk but ive had two of them and they both require opening up and reseating batteries every so often which i never had to do with 360

Does the 1x actually have a different controller?