Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

riho got announced for tjpw so whiff by dave

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

what a fuckin idiot. Constantly lying about wrestling for free money. it's about time to put "Dave" into the ground

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

Her style is new but the face is the same as it was so long ago...

Super No Vacancy posted:

riho got announced for tjpw so whiff by dave

Shoko and Riho teaming against a rookie and a fresh debut seems like a weird match to have at a big Korakuen show, but that'll be a heck of a spotlight for the new wrestler. I guess the top of the card is already kind of set with Natsumi vs. Giselle for the new belt and Miyu & Miu challenging for the tag belts so they might as well have Shoko do something breezy while we wait for Mizuki's challenge.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

PublicOpinion posted:

Shoko and Riho teaming against a rookie and a fresh debut seems like a weird match to have at a big Korakuen show, but that'll be a heck of a spotlight for the new wrestler. I guess the top of the card is already kind of set with Natsumi vs. Giselle for the new belt and Miyu & Miu challenging for the tag belts so they might as well have Shoko do something breezy while we wait for Mizuki's challenge.

Maiumi had the big rub at the last Korakuen with Sayama showing up to give her his blessing and she looked really good in her match plus she has the movie protagonist back story of becoming a wrestler to raise money to rebuild her typhoon struck fishing village hometown so I wouldn't be surprised if they really want to showcase her.

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
This could be a prior commitment type deal; it wouldn’t shock me if Riho works a few random shows that she might have committed to prior to going to Stardom. Who knows though!

The Sendai Girls U.K. show was a great experience live: I dunno if it will hold up as well on tape. The Aiger-Martina match was exactly what it needed to be and was great and will probably be the match that I remember long term (if they do this again if they could put Hirota-Martina together I’d really enjoy that); everything else was very fun if not top level stuff. Also spent far too much money

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON
https://twitter.com/tjpw2013/status/1155396144005959680

At TJPW's upcoming big Osaka show in September, NEO Biishiki-gun will be joined by Martha (Sakisama's young maid who is in no way related to Masahiro Takanashi). Yuka Sakazaki and Rika Tatsumi are bringing in a mystery third partner of their own. Who could it be? Miyako Matsumoto, Rika's IRL friend who recently started showing up in DDT? Azusa Takigawa, coming out of retirement to get revenge for being brainwashed? Some random DDT guy in drag? The possibilities are endless.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

:getin:

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Inject it right in my loving veins

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
Yesterday, Philippine Wrestling Revolution had a main event in which Riho defended her SPW Queen of Asia belt in a 4-way against Jibzy from Gatoh Move, and Crystal & Jaye Sera from PWR. It was great fun!! I hope they release the match someday.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Su Yung is wrestling Yuka at the Korakuen show the week before too.

Seeing Su back has reminded me I miss Maho though.

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

Her style is new but the face is the same as it was so long ago...

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Su Yung is wrestling Yuka at the Korakuen show the week before too.

Seeing Su back has reminded me I miss Maho though.

I've only caught Maho in the archives but she was really fun, I hope she's doing okay.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

selling my children’s organs so I can see this live

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Erin Angel and Jetta vs Debbie Keitel and Valkyrie

https://twitter.com/ProWrestlingEVE/status/1155132299073269766

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

RISE uploaded their full Pride event on Youtube for free

https://twitter.com/RISEdtwa/status/1156751212181676032

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Card for Tokyo Joshi Pro's Korakuen show on the 25th has been announced. Streams live on DDT Universe

BrandNew Wrestling 3:

Shoko Nakajima and Riho vs Mirai Maiumi and Izumi in Izumi's debut
Himawari Unagi and Pom Harajuku vs YUMI and Mahiro Kiryu
Yuna Manase, Yuki Kamifuku and Mina Shirakawa vs Rika Tatsumi, Nodoka Tenma and Raku
Yuki Aino vs Hikari Noa
Maki Itoh vs Mizuki
Yuka Sakazaki vs Su Yung
Natsumi Maki vs Gisele Shaw for the inaugural International Princess title
Sakisama and Misao defend the Princess tag titles against Miyu Yamashita and Miu Watanabe

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

If it's on DDT Universe, it's free live, right? I'll try to see if I can tune in.

Auritech
May 27, 2004

Blessed be the tailors
The masks are cut to fit

Blessed be the woodworkers
The crosses and the gallows

Blessed be the forgers of iron
And the spikes and the barbwire

Blessed be the stone cutters
It took a quarry to bury the dreams
I've been busy at work so I haven't followed the goings on anywhere but I'm going to take a couple co-workers to see the STARDOM show on 17 August at Shin-Kiba 1st Ring. It's their first time seeing live wrestling. They allow photography at 1st Ring so I will take a few snaps but I won't end up on camera like I was the last two shows I went to...

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

I understand Yuka and Mizuki had a "Chu! Natsu Party Death Match" involving firecrackers and a swimming pool.

Yuka apparently did a post-match interview where she stated she wanted to 'burn the place down' and 'drown everyone'

DARK YUKA

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

'burn the place down'.....'burn it down'?

Yuka to WWE confirmed.

TV Zombie fucked around with this message at 14:35 on Aug 5, 2019

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
Don't even joke about that

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

Trying to work out whether Yuka or Sareee would be worse in WWE

Oh by the way if anyone wants to ask Nyla Rose questions about wrestling in Japan apparently I’ve accidentally gotten her to do a Japan Q&A if we get enough questions?

lost my old email
Jun 20, 2019

IceAgeComing posted:

Trying to work out whether Yuka or Sareee would be worse in WWE

Oh by the way if anyone wants to ask Nyla Rose questions about wrestling in Japan apparently I’ve accidentally gotten her to do a Japan Q&A if we get enough questions?

i cannot imagine what context this occurred in but anyway ask her her what japanese foodstuffs she favours for cultivating mass. is it a quasi-sumo type diet and then you cut a bit or what's the deal? or just regular skinless chicken breasts because globalisation?

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

It was a twitter thing; so you can ask her yourself!

lost my old email
Jun 20, 2019

IceAgeComing posted:

It was a twitter thing; so you can ask her yourself!

i refuse to engage with twitter ask my question for me but better

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Saturday is STARDOM's last big show before the 5* Grand Prix. In Korakuen Hall, it's STARDOM x STARDOM 2019

STARS vs Tokyo Cyber Squad: Mayu Iwatani, Saki Kashima and Tam Nakano vs Hana Kimura, Konami and Bobbi Tyler
Death Yama-san defends the High Speed title in a triple threat against Starlight Kid and Riho
Saya Kamitani debuts against Momo Watanabe
Oedo Tai vs Oedo Tai: Kagetsu, Andras Miyagi and Natsu Sumire defend the Artist of STARDOM titles against Jamie Hayter, Hazuki and Natsuko Tora
Arisa Hoshiki defends the Wonder of STARDOM title against Jungle Kyona
Bea Priestley defends the World of STARDOM title against Utami Hayashishita

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Also Saturday is The Summit, the collab show between Smash Wrestling, SHIMMER, RISE and NCW Femmes Fatales. They can't livestream it but it will be available on demand shortly after conclusion https://rise-wrestling.com/2019/07/12/how-to-watch-the-summit-if-you-are-not-in-toronto-august-10/

Dark tag match: Alexia Nicole and Meave O'Farrell vs Jody Threat and Mary Lee Rose
Ashley Vox vs Veda Scott
Delmi Exo vs Dust
Delilah Doom vs Shotzi Blackheart
Allysin Kay vs Cheerleader Melissa vs LuFisto vs Priscilla Kelly in a fatal fourway
Mercedes Martinez defends the NCW Femmes Fatales International title against Jordynne Grace
Zoe Lucas defends the Phoenix of RISE title against Aerial Monroe
Nicole Savoy defends the SHIMMER title against Nicole Matthews
KC Spinelli vs Rosemary for the inaugural Smash women's title, with Xandra Bale as the special guest referee

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Kasey Owens can't be in the 5 Star Grand Prix for visa reasons so AZM is in instead.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/maki_itoh/status/1160545386169159680?s=19

Match is going to rule.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/ifyouseekcasey/status/1161924018594820096

Consider how many get called up and released on the main roster in a given year.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
They could make a one-hour all-women's show weekly and they'd still only use the same 5 women they are now.

Auritech
May 27, 2004

Blessed be the tailors
The masks are cut to fit

I sometimes worry that, with all the immense talent AEW is snapping up, that their women's division is still basically going to be all about Brandi. I'm cautiously optimistic though.

Anyway, going to STARDOM today so I'm pretty excited! I should get some sleep before that....

Auritech
May 27, 2004

Blessed be the tailors
The masks are cut to fit

STARDOM at Shin-Kiba 1st Ring tonight was a blast. It was packed, a lot of people were there and the wrestling tonight did not disappoint. I took two of my co-workers with me who both had never seen live wrestling before and they loved it. Everything was perfect, even Avary's sexy vamping getting clowned on by the teenage wrestlers (you may not see that part on the show if/when it gets uploaded to STARDOM World, they were mostly doing it to the side of the ring I was sitting at), to Jamie Hayter turning a limited knowledge of Japanese into a lot of funny, to a great main event with Konami beating Kagetsu. My friends even saw some up close action when Utami Hayashishita threw Jungle Kyona into our section (and the only time since Lex Luger where I saw a Torture Rack win a match).

I also met Bea Priestly after the show (really nice and she will be in Chicago for All Out!) and I gave Kagetsu the money I owed her from a signing where we both forgot I needed to give her money. :D

Here's a picture I took of Riho too!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

some... interesting results as well from the show - I think that my overall tournament direction is right (Momo Watanabe beating Jamie Hayter in the final) but who knows - I don't think anyone had Utami winning her block last year and they've done weird things before.

Jamie Hayter is such a natural fit for Stardom and its great to see her there for the rest of the year - I imagine that they'll book her strong and she seems to be getting over quite a bit with that crowd as well which is great!

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

IceAgeComing posted:

Jamie Hayter is such a natural fit for Stardom and its great to see her there for the rest of the year - I imagine that they'll book her strong and she seems to be getting over quite a bit with that crowd as well which is great!
I don't know about her getting strongly pushed, but it's been delightful to see her fitting into Oedo Tai so perfectly. She's definitely going to stick around.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

So how/when do I watch the 5-Star Grand Prix

NuclearPotato
Oct 27, 2011

Stardom uploads its shows piecemeal on stardom-world.com; currently the only matches uploaded are Utami/Kyona and Konami/Kagetsu.

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006

rovert posted:

https://twitter.com/ifyouseekcasey/status/1161924018594820096

Consider how many get called up and released on the main roster in a given year.
Who gets released? They still pay Alicia and Tamina to slop around. Maria was barely a wrestler 10 years ago and they just gave her a 5 year deal.

Auritech
May 27, 2004

Blessed be the tailors
The masks are cut to fit

I'm thinking Konami is getting a push in this tournament based on the promo after the match, but we'll see. Momo attacking Hazuki after Hazuki taunted her for the loss was an interesting wrinkle. Also Mayu Iwatani throwing the middle finger at Saki Kashima after their match was something I didn't expect!

Cory Lidle posted:

Who gets released? They still pay Alicia and Tamina to slop around. Maria was barely a wrestler 10 years ago and they just gave her a 5 year deal.

Yeah, the last person to actually get released was like Tenille Dashwood, the only other people to leave were all retirements. Alicia Fox gets drunk all the time and they do nothing about it.

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006

Auritech posted:

Yeah, the last person to actually get released was like Tenille Dashwood, the only other people to leave were all retirements. Alicia Fox gets drunk all the time and they do nothing about it.
I can't help but wonder if any feelers went out to bring her back in to some capacity or they just think her bump card is just about full and they were willing to risk her going somewhere she would've drawn any money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Demtor
Apr 23, 2008

"...you won't be able to walk, if you're always worried about crushing the ants beneath you..."
Holy poo poo, if Stardom doesn't fix/replace their center cam for their next Korakuen Hall show I'm going to have to seriously question my subscription. What else is there if you can't get excited for a big Korakuen event?