Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Welcome to the Dethy Memorial Police Academy, a Mafia game for 11 players.

This is a variant of Dethy Mafia, which is itself a very dumb variant of Mafia traditionally consisting of one scum and four cops of varying sanities. Because the original Dethy setup is solvable and thus dumb, I have taken the liberty of expanding it, making it much harder to solve and likely even dumber in the process. I make no promises about this game other than "There are cops and scum". Sign up at your own risk.

The open setup is as follows:

quote:

1 Sane Cop, who investigates town as town and scum as scum.
1 Insane Cop, who investigates town as scum and scum as town.
1 Naive Cop, who investigates everybody as town.
1 Paranoid Cop, who investigates everybody as scum.
1 Random Cop, who returns results based on a coin flip.
1 Binary Cop, who returns town results on odd nights and scum results on even nights.
1 Residue Cop, who returns scum results if scum have ever targeted that person. If scum have never targeted that person, returns a town result.
1 Bandwagon Cop, who returns the same result as the majority of the other cops.
1 Contrarian Cop, who returns the exact opposite result as the Bandwagon Cop.

2 Scum Rolecops, who can determine the exact sanity of a player in lieu of performing the night-kill.

Town players will not be told their sanity. Scum players receive correct information, barring moderator error. All players may choose to investigate themselves if they so choose.

The town role PM is as follows:

"You are a cop. You may investigate someone at night. You win when all scum are dead."

The scum role PM is as follows:

"You are a scum rolecop. Your scum buddy is <PERSON>. You may talk to them through any means appropriate. You may determine someone's role or perform a night-kill at night. If you perform the night-kill, your partner cannot. You win when scum are equal to or greater than the number of remaining town."

The order of operations for this game is as follows:

Night-kill/rolecop -> All non-Residue Cops -> Residue Cop

Like traditional Dethy, this game is under COP HEAD START rules, in that all players will get an initial investigation before the day starts. There will be no Night 0 kill except as potentially amusing flavor.

I will be giving all roles and results via PM. If you do not have PMs, please do not sign up.

I'll set up a Google Doc or Discord room for the scum doc/deadchat at some point. If someone wants to beat me to that, that'd be swell.

Mafia Rules

1. Don't be a dick.
2. There are no day actions, don't bother faking them. It's an open setup.
3. Don't post when you're dead. One or two :ghost: aww, shucks :ghost: posts are fine, as long as you frame them in :ghost: or :zombie: smilies.
4. Try not to lurk. If you can't post, ask for a replacement. If you get probated for more than one day, I will replace or modkill you.
5. I reserve the right to interpret and enforce these rules as I see fit.

Players

1. b-minus1
2. GenericGirlName
3. Hal Incandenza
4. Harold Krell
5. Nep-Nep
6. chaoslord spacing in vienna
7. SalTheBard
8. Byers2142
9. Anomalous Amalgam
10. Mr. Humalong
11. Lumpen

redneck nazgul fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Aug 10, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
Reporting for duty

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?
in it to win it

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Bumping in the hopes of recruiting.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Anything for you redneck nazgul

Harold Krell
Sep 10, 2011

I truly believe that anyone and everyone is capable of making their dreams come true.

:unsmigghh:
I would like to play.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

I'm gonna bump this one last time and if it doesn't get a few more people, I'll shelve it and give everybody here a reservation if/when I can run it. :smith:

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
This seems like a goofy setup. I like it. Count me in.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Ok

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
Hopefully this game won't end in loving 2 seconds like the last one I played in.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

SalTheBard posted:

Hopefully this game won't end in loving 2 seconds like the last one I played in.

It was longer for you than it was for me!

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Woo, four more people and we can get started.

Also, I highly doubt people are going to die in the first few minutes but who knows.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
This game is going to be amazing. We had one similar to this called ACAB except all the cops were also secretly brutal so whenever you copped someone you also killed them

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
Yeah Idk why this is taking so long to fill up

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
can't get copped if you don't sign up

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Imagine I said something deep here...
Sure, I'll play.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Byers and krell are in this game. Sure.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

ok

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

I'd been happy, and I was happy still. For all to be accomplished,
for me to feel less lonely,
all that remained to hope
was that on the day of my execution
there should be a huge crowd of spectators and that they should
greet me with howls of execration.
Plaster Town Cop
Joining because of roster.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Ok, first and most important, which names are new for people I already know?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Byers2142 posted:

I'm merk

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

The mod is The Betrayer or MEDS CURE SCHIZOS but otherwise I think thats it for people you may not know

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I mean AA was Ghostly Gangsta back in the good old days but I think you have known him since then

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
Game when

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Hal Incandenza posted:

I mean AA was Ghostly Gangsta back in the good old days but I think you have known him since then

Yep, I played with AA post name change, Betrayer I would have missed. Looking forward to playing with y'all again.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

b-minus1 posted:

Game when

Game now; I'm claiming Miller.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Byers2142 posted:

I don't think we've played together. I'm Sal nice to meet you;

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

SalTheBard posted:

I don't think we've played together. I'm Sal nice to meet you;

Hey Sal, I'm internet old. Been gone a long time.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Sal ask Byers about the time he quick voted in LYLO after I fakeclaimed cop and lost the game for town!

I can only say this because of my recent string of losing like 4 straight game for town in LYLO so I am 4x worse than Byers. Call me Byers8568

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

I'll finish setting everything up in a few hours, PMs will follow, the game should open tonight.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Hal Incandenza posted:

Sal ask Byers about the time he quick voted in LYLO after I fakeclaimed cop and lost the game for town!

Fake news; even if it happened, it was more of a turbo because, if I remember, I thought the scum would talk people into disbelieving your claim.

So you're welcome for protecting you from scum in that game that never happened.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Hal Incandenza posted:

I can only say this because of my recent string of losing like 4 straight game for town in LYLO so I am 4x worse than Byers. Call me Byers8568

Lol. I did the same thing in Fate Stay Night Mafia

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Byers2142 posted:

Fake news; even if it happened, it was more of a turbo because, if I remember, I thought the scum would talk people into disbelieving your claim.

So you're welcome for protecting you from scum in that game that never happened.

I haven't found it yet, but this was another classic ending between us

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3657658&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=20

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Byers2142 posted:

Ha, here it is.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3474205&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=12

You really did talk yourself into a bad vote at the end, but that was old Byers. This newer wiser Byers is a force to be reckoned with

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
It's weird to think of a time on SA where quoted posts did not link back to the original post

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Hal Incandenza posted:

You really did talk yourself into a bad vote at the end, but that was old Byers. This newer wiser Byers is a force to be reckoned with

New Byers is an internet old man, wishing these young kids would get off my lawn and telling tales of games gone by.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Rereading this one, and two things stand out. One, I owe Grandi an apology, I overreacted at the end of the game about Mills' role. Two, Grandi owes you an apology, you should have been free.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

SalTheBard posted:

It's weird to think of a time on SA where quoted posts did not link back to the original post

OFF MY LAWN! GET! GET, YOU WHIPPERSNAPPER!

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Byers2142 posted:

OFF MY LAWN! GET! GET, YOU WHIPPERSNAPPER!

I've been here longer than you have little one :-P

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

SalTheBard posted:

I've been here longer than you have little one :-P

Huh, you have; I guess that was more, "Remember when..." than "You really survived when...?"