Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Super Saiyan Membership is go!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
Someone express mail me some Japanese foodcourt items plz. THX

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation
I'm going to church today. Naan, wine, handle of tanq. Definitely get a slice and soda while I'm there.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Stopped in to get a tire fixed and have communion.

-The vegan taco salad is back on the menu! It's good, I took one to go.

-The 11.99 per bag Kirkland High protein trail mix was scanning as something else for $5.00, so I bought a bunch. I figure that they'll catch that one soon, though.

-They are selling a nice looking generator that can use gasoline OR liquid propane? What sorcery is that?

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

https://twitter.com/PaulStanleyLive/status/1157066190512017408?s=19

Does Paul Stanley get onions

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

https://soundcloud.com/christopher-armes/45-minutes-of-paul-stanley

Original_Z
Jun 14, 2005
Z so good
Huh, the Japanese costco is advertising a new burger in the food court, apparently it's a "new" version of the old cheeseburger, which was downright mediocre. Wonder if it'll be decent now, looks exactly the same as before, but only one way to find out!

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know
Costco has $5 off right now when you buy any 2 selected Kirkland brand liquors. That is a crazy insane deal if you are into mixing spirits. $15 a handle for the gin and the blended whiskey. They are basically paying you to drink hooch at that point. And the quality is actually very decent as a mixer.

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

Taima posted:

Costco has $5 off right now when you buy any 2 selected Kirkland brand liquors. That is a crazy insane deal if you are into mixing spirits. $15 a handle for the gin and the blended whiskey. They are basically paying you to drink hooch at that point. And the quality is actually very decent as a mixer.

*cries in Texan*

loving TABC

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN SEIZED
by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420
My Costco got rid of the vegan al pastor salad already! It's August 5th!

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Pinecone Sample posted:

My Costco got rid of the vegan al pastor salad already! It's August 5th!

Didn't the FBI just get called on you?

I bet Costco sells FBI tips in bulk.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
:lol: off topic but drat now thats a A.V redtag combo. Best of luck not posting reddit relationship stories anymore my dude.

On topic: is costco selling Halloween candy yet :thunk:

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

:lol: off topic but drat now thats a A.V redtag combo. Best of luck not posting reddit relationship stories anymore my dude.

I haven't seen it yet but I sadly haven't been there in a little while.

btw, I read that FBI thing from Lowtax on FB. He posted the message that the FBI sent him lol. It was pretty damning.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

I'm almost sure they have the kids costumes now so probably yeah

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

I was there yesterday, the costumes are out but not the bulk candy.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I haven't seen it yet but I sadly haven't been there in a little while.

btw, I read that FBI thing from Lowtax on FB. He posted the message that the FBI sent him lol. It was pretty damning.

It really wasn't a big deal once Pinecone was like "I literally just copied and pasted a post from Reddit in a thread that is entirely copy + pastes from Reddit."

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Fallom posted:

they brought the couches back so i bought a couch

some helpful men helped me load the boxes into my truck (two trips)

god bless

I definitely noticed the sectional grey couch and how nice it looked, shortly before thinking about dogs and then getting a dog

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Original_Z posted:

Huh, the Japanese costco is advertising a new burger in the food court, apparently it's a "new" version of the old cheeseburger, which was downright mediocre. Wonder if it'll be decent now, looks exactly the same as before, but only one way to find out!

If you live in Japan like I did for 5 years, hopefully you know that Japanese burgers are rear end because they cut the beef with ground pork to save money

Shameful

Quaint Quail Quilt
Jun 19, 2006

Ask me about that time I told people mixing bleach and vinegar is okay

Toxic Mental posted:

If you live in Japan like I did for 5 years, hopefully you know that Japanese burgers are rear end because they cut the beef with ground pork to save money

Shameful
That's what my U.S mom did though, because I grew up poor... So nostalgia burgs!

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

13Pandora13 posted:

It really wasn't a big deal once Pinecone was like "I literally just copied and pasted a post from Reddit in a thread that is entirely copy + pastes from Reddit."

Ok I apologize then Pinecone. I just thought it was funny. My fault 100%.

Although the FBI did actually contact Lowtax which is pretty hilarious.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Costco.

Its good folks!

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
You would never have a mass shooting in a Costco, it's a very Walmart thing to do.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Anyone know the deal with Costco and iPad warranties? Like should I still get Apple Care Plus or is whatever Costco and the Costco Visa does good enough?
The price on the low end 6th Gen 32Gb is the best around at the moment, too.

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Ok I apologize then Pinecone. I just thought it was funny. My fault 100%.

Although the FBI did actually contact Lowtax which is pretty hilarious.

I did find it funny that he was like "oh yeah, so I got this email from the feds a few weeks ago. I answered it, no idea what it was about, didn't really read it."

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Ultimate Mango posted:

Anyone know the deal with Costco and iPad warranties? Like should I still get Apple Care Plus or is whatever Costco and the Costco Visa does good enough?
The price on the low end 6th Gen 32Gb is the best around at the moment, too.

The Costco "Concierge Two Plus Two Warranty" specifically excludes iPads and other touchscreen tablets, so it's the normal 1-year Apple warranty.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

You would never have a mass shooting in a Costco, it's a very Walmart thing to do.

Mass shoot the Walton family, IMHO.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Chinatown posted:

Mass shoot the Walton family, IMHO.

Theres so many of them now

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
*Goes to shoot up a Costco* "Wait a minute, I can get a hotdog and soda for $1.50?"

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

*Goes to shoot up a Costco* "Wait a minute, I can get a hotdog and soda for $1.50?"

What's going on in California with that off-duty cop who shot the autistic adult and his parents and almost nobody believes his story?

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Pinecone Sample posted:

What's going on in California with that off-duty cop who shot the autistic adult and his parents and almost nobody believes his story?

Hes on paid administrative leave the last i heard

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Pinecone Sample posted:

I did find it funny that he was like "oh yeah, so I got this email from the feds a few weeks ago. I answered it, no idea what it was about, didn't really read it."

Wear that badge with pride.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

FCKGW posted:

The Costco "Concierge Two Plus Two Warranty" specifically excludes iPads and other touchscreen tablets, so it's the normal 1-year Apple warranty.

Thanks, that’s what I was afraid of. Why does Co let me down in my time of need?

Original_Z
Jun 14, 2005
Z so good

Toxic Mental posted:

Shameful

The advertisement does make a point to say 100% beef but I think the old burger did too, it just tasted like it had been boiled and tasted like the worst of school lunch hamburgers.

Costco is legit one of the best places to get 100% ground beef that hasn’t been mixed with pork here, though!

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm
As a wayward Swede, mixing pork in with beef sounds like a bonus honestly

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

david_a posted:

As a wayward Swede, mixing pork in with beef sounds like a bonus honestly

It makes real good meatloaf or meatball but not an old fashioned American burg

e: BJs sells this meatloaf mix that's a mix of ground beef, pork, and veal. It's real good. I imagine Costco has something similar but I haven't actually looked. I've been using a lot of ground turkey lately.

Renegret fucked around with this message at 13:36 on Aug 6, 2019

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Renegret posted:

It makes real good meatloaf or meatball but not an old fashioned American burg

e: BJs sells this meatloaf mix that's a mix of ground beef, pork, and veal. It's real good. I imagine Costco has something similar but I haven't actually looked. I've been using a lot of ground turkey lately.

How aren't your burgers dry as poo poo. Ground beef is wayyyy too lean,I usually go for 80% beef 20% pork.

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

How aren't your burgers dry as poo poo. Ground beef is wayyyy too lean,I usually go for 80% beef 20% pork.

You can buy hamburger already ground up with different percentages of fat. Most common is 80-20 but you can get 90-10 or 70-30 almost anywhere and if you want to go even further off from that you can always ask the meat counter people to make it the way you want. Not at Costco though, you are limited to what ever percentage they have. I think it is 80-20 though.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

My method of choice is looking longingly at my grill-less home, ordering 5 guys, then wallowing in the feeling of regret for the next 2 days.

e:

Trastion posted:

You can buy hamburger already ground up with different percentages of fat. Most common is 80-20 but you can get 90-10 or 70-30 almost anywhere and if you want to go even further off from that you can always ask the meat counter people to make it the way you want. Not at Costco though, you are limited to what ever percentage they have. I think it is 80-20 though.

Yeah I usually use 80-20, high heat, and a good thick patty so it stays pink in the middle and retains it's juices. But a burg in the cast iron just isn't the same as a grill, and I haven't had access to a grill in years.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
If you use 90/10 for hamburgers gently caress off to hell ok?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time
I use a pound of 93/7 or 90/10 beef and then I add in half a pound of Italian sausage, a tablespoon Yoshida's sauce, salt, pepper, spices, a beaten egg, and a handful of oatmeal. It makes really good burgers. Sometimes if i'm feeling fancy I use some ground lamb as well.