Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

therobit posted:

I use a pound of 93/7 or 90/10 beef and then I add in half a pound of Italian sausage, a tablespoon Yoshida's sauce, salt, pepper, spices, a beaten egg, and a handful of oatmeal. It makes really good burgers. Sometimes if i'm feeling fancy I use some ground lamb as well.

This guy gets it. If you are using plain ground beef at any ratio for your burgers you are doing it wrong. Ground beef is to be used as a base for your burger patty mixture. A burger can be flavored a lot more ways than the topping you put on afterwards.

Ask your butcher to grind up a pound of bacon for you and mix that in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

hey buddy don't wag ur finger at my burger ok?

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Chinatown posted:

If you use 90/10 for hamburgers gently caress off to hell ok?

:hai:

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
If my dawg isn’t at least 37% cow rear end I send it back

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

therobit posted:

I use a pound of 93/7 or 90/10 beef and then I add in half a pound of Italian sausage, a tablespoon Yoshida's sauce, salt, pepper, spices, a beaten egg, and a handful of oatmeal. It makes really good burgers. Sometimes if i'm feeling fancy I use some ground lamb as well.

Meatball.

You just made a meatball.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

Renegret posted:

Meatball.

You just made a meatball.

Or an amazing meatloaf.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
I use 100% beef! No lean! All fat! Sometimes I put cheese in the middle! Point is I'm cooking with lard. Lard burgers.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

The above is not a burger.

It's a "Frikadelle".
If your burger contains breadcrumbs, parsley, chives, worcestershire sauce and or eggs for binding, you made a Frikadelle.

Jack-Off Lantern fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Aug 6, 2019

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

El Jebus posted:

Or an amazing meatloaf.

Yes

I don't deny it sounds delicious, but its super loving weird as a burg.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know

Trastion posted:

This guy gets it. If you are using plain ground beef at any ratio for your burgers you are doing it wrong. Ground beef is to be used as a base for your burger patty mixture. A burger can be flavored a lot more ways than the topping you put on afterwards.

Ask your butcher to grind up a pound of bacon for you and mix that in.

Adding bacon to a hamburger patty, or lamb or whatever is fine (I once had a 100% bacon burger at Slater 50/50, that was a weird day) but there is absolutely nothing wrong with making a patty with just ground beef, salt and pepper.

Ideally ground beef that you make yourself from chuck steaks.

This is basically the ultimate burger: https://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2014/03/ultra-smashed-cheeseburger-recipe-food-lab.html

A good burger is all about simplicity. Potato bun, good quality ground beef, AMERICAN cheese (I will fight anyone on this point), lettuce, onion, pickle.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

therobit posted:

thats a meatloaf sandwich my dude

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

The Costco frozen patties are adequate for a quick burg. Recently switched from the 1/3 lb sirloin to the 1/4 lb chuck/ground beef. No major difference in taste.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
A few years back on 4th of July I was in charge of grilling burgers and dogs for almost 100 people.

Hit up Costco and got the frozen patties, american cheese slices, dogs, etc. Everyone was super impressed with the food and I got alot of compliments. :D

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:

Chinatown posted:

A few years back on 4th of July I was in charge of grilling burgers and dogs for almost 100 people.

Hit up Costco and got the frozen patties, american cheese slices, dogs, etc. Everyone was super impressed with the food and I got alot of compliments. :D

And even if they weren't impressed, they were grateful for you cooking it!

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Who has that big of a 4th of July party that they need to cook for 100 people?! My entire family is like...30 tops. My wife's family is like 15 tops. But, drat is that small amount fun. I do most of my illegal activities with my wife's family. AKA shoot hella fireworks and shoot BB guns at stop signs. Also drink alot of beer. That's not illegal but it helps.

I've always wondered if the Costco burgs were any good. At least the big box of them. I guess who cares as long as people are fed, right?

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

Who has that big of a 4th of July party that they need to cook for 100 people?! My entire family is like...30 tops. My wife's family is like 15 tops. But, drat is that small amount fun. I do most of my illegal activities with my wife's family. AKA shoot hella fireworks and shoot BB guns at stop signs. Also drink alot of beer. That's not illegal but it helps.

I've always wondered if the Costco burgs were any good. At least the big box of them. I guess who cares as long as people are fed, right?

Block parties are a relatively common thing, where its your neighbors plus probably some of their friends/family

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Just got back from Costco!

Bought that nice Air Purifier that's on sale that comes with 2 years of filters! It's great!

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

Who has that big of a 4th of July party that they need to cook for 100 people?!

My parents invited everyone they know and they are like a block from a viewpoint for the Del Mar Fair fireworks. :shrug:

FCKGW posted:

Bought that nice Air Purifier that's on sale that comes with 2 years of filters! It's great!

I have this. Its great.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
We are very "family only" kinda people :colbert: No one gets in. Or gets out(sober).

durrneez
Feb 20, 2013

I like fish. I like to eat fish. I like to brush fish with a fish hairbrush. Do you like fish too?

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

They have that extra EXCELLENT VALUE flavor that really shines through

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

Did you just ask why people have friends

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Taima posted:

Did you just ask why people have friends

Yes.

*types post on somethingawful dot com in office alone*

Yes I did.

durrneez posted:

They have that extra EXCELLENT VALUE flavor that really shines through

Solid. I usually buy a pack of New York Steak or Ribeye. Honestly, any of the steal packs and I've yet to be disappointed. The stuffed salmon fillets aint too bad either. But this is all for small family gatherings and at $40-50 a pop it gets to be a lil much. A box of BURGS or DAWGS would be great for a giant cookout. I've BBQ'd for Union picnics for my momma and sometimes they switch up the MEATS for every year I'm grilling. Carne asada, chicken, hot dogs ect ect. It'll be cool one year if I can just grill like...a million patties at once.

ShortyMR.CAT fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Aug 6, 2019

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

FCKGW posted:

This is gonna sound dumb, but what do you actually need these for? Is it if you have like allergies/pets or live next to a refinery or something?

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

This is gonna sound dumb, but what do you actually need these for? Is it if you have like allergies/pets or live next to a refinery or something?

I just use it to keep the dust down in my place.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Chinatown posted:

I just use it to keep the dust down in my place.
yeah same. my place is obscenely loving dusty, and i really have no idea why. i've got the coway air purifier and i like it but i hate that the settings is 'whisper vague blowing' and 'roaring jet engine' and not anything in between.

also it was helpful during the wild-fires a year ago.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

poo poo, I need to strap one of those to my dog to get all the hair before it lands on the floor.

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

FogHelmut posted:

poo poo, I need to strap one of those to my dog to get all the hair before it lands on the floor.

I just have a cheap robot vacuum run every day to take care of pet hair...so much goddamn pet hair

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
My parents have two robot vacuums running in shifts to take care of their labs shedding hair. Its nuts.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

I always wonder about those robo vacs, would they be ok with pet hair if you start off with a vacuumed floor and have to maintain? Or would the output from 2 mid size medium length coat dogs and a long hair cat kill them even still.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
The vaccum is 100% full of hair by the time it returns to the dock. Pretty much always. This is with a maid doing the whole house twice a month.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Chinatown posted:

The vaccum is 100% full of hair by the time it returns to the dock. Pretty much always. This is with a maid doing the whole house twice a month.

Full of hair is ok, just worried it gets tangled up in the rotor or whatever and requires going in with scissors.

I usually have to take the bristle thing out of my regular vacuum to clear it out but this is vacuuming every 3-4 days, if the robovac runs daily or more it should be alright is my thinking..

Hmm might get one from costco to try and if it sucks return.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
You can open up and clean out the entire vacuum system so its pretty easy to maintain and clean. They also sell spare parts online.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Chinatown posted:

You can open up and clean out the entire vacuum system so its pretty easy to maintain and clean. They also sell spare parts online.

Cool, is this for the iRobot ones? I imagine they’re pretty similar.

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

priznat posted:

I always wonder about those robo vacs, would they be ok with pet hair if you start off with a vacuumed floor and have to maintain? Or would the output from 2 mid size medium length coat dogs and a long hair cat kill them even still.

We've got 4 indoor cats and a dog that's inside at night. Hasn't killed it yet but we run it and empty it daily and clean out the rotor brush maybe once a week?

I don't think I'd ever spend the extra money to get a WiFi-enabled, Smartphone app controlled ones but the lower end ones have done fine by me. Been especially impressed with the eufy 11S. MSRP is around $230 but you can usually find them on sale in the $170 range.

Argyle
Jun 7, 2001

Pinecone Sample posted:

What's going on in California with that off-duty cop who shot the autistic adult and his parents and almost nobody believes his story?

A judge blocked the surveillance footage from being released.

quote:

Judge Eric Keen wrote in a ruling on July 22 that releasing the video would substantially interfere with an ongoing criminal investigation into the case. The order barred Corona and Los Angeles police from releasing the video for one year from the date of the shooting.

“Additionally, the court finds that due to the graphic nature of the video and the significant public attention on the shooting, the release of the video prior to the conclusion of the criminal investigation reasonably could result in harm to the suspect, who is out of custody, and could interfere with the integrity of the jury trial process in any potential subsequent prosecution,” Keen wrote in his decision.

So we have at least a year before the public sees any video of the incident. The one thing both sides agree on is that the autistic guy shoved the cop. But we don't know how bad it was, why he shoved him, who provoked who, or why the cop decided that deadly force was the right way to go.

No charges have been filed yet.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

edit: nm this really isn't the thread for this

DeadFatDuckFat fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Aug 6, 2019

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

Chinatown posted:

This.

I have a heavy shedder and the Roomba does a great job at keeping things in check. I don't feel like I need to sweep twice a day. I have to clean the Roomba every run, but that's done in 5-10 minutes next to the trash can with a show on.

NavanaSokarad
Jan 19, 2019
Welcome to Costco, I love you!

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
Pretty telling that Costco was the one thing that didn't get worse in Idiocracy. Can't even imagine what would have been going on at Sam's Club in that future.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EVG
Dec 17, 2005

If I Saw It, Here's How It Happened.

El Jebus posted:

This.

I have a heavy shedder and the Roomba does a great job at keeping things in check. I don't feel like I need to sweep twice a day. I have to clean the Roomba every run, but that's done in 5-10 minutes next to the trash can with a show on.

I've been thinking of getting one to keep on top of the hair from my 2 cats and dog. Do you use the COSTCO EXCLUSIVE iRobot Roomba 985 Wi-Fi Connected Robot Vacuum? Or what inferior, non-Costco model would you recommend?

PBUC