Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
HOLY poo poo DEMNOK

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013

IncendiaC posted:

#justiceforbloodseeker
Yeah I'm guessing that they screwed up when they were (pre)recording things and had advanced SS by mistake.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
The optional unit query thing puts the info of a hero or unit you’ve clicked on in another pane instead of overwriting the main display at the bottom center. I think.

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!
Yes, thank you for clarifying. Just saw some vids with that panel that I've never seen before because it was off by default, I think. Towers and enemy units would appear in the side instead of replacing the self unit panel.

BioThermo
Feb 18, 2014

Holy poo poo this nyx vs. centaur stalemate.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
CM BOT HYPE drat

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

wow, warlock down

schmitty9800
Feb 10, 2003

ILL Machina posted:

Yes, thank you for clarifying. Just saw some vids with that panel that I've never seen before because it was off by default, I think. Towers and enemy units would appear in the side instead of replacing the self unit panel.

That's what HOTS's default is, your hero always stays on the bottom and anything you click on appears as an info panel on the top left.

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

pango CLUTCHIN IT OUT

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

That was a pretty dang hype final game

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

schmitty9800 posted:

That's what HOTS's default is, your hero always stays on the bottom and anything you click on appears as an info panel on the top left.

Yah mostly because you never control those units, right? Clicking always means inspect instead of switch. Still sucks having to look to a second place for the same stat.

Between that and the lack of camera click-drag (vs click-pan), I couldn't bring myself to like hots despite trying to for a while.

schmitty9800
Feb 10, 2003

ILL Machina posted:

Yah mostly because you never control those units, right? Clicking always means inspect instead of switch. Still sucks having to look to a second place for the same stat.

Between that and the lack of camera click-drag (vs click-pan), I couldn't bring myself to like hots despite trying to for a while.

There's only a few heroes who have multiple things to control (Lost Vikings, Samuro, Rexxar/Misha and maybe a couple others) and to me they all have a really bad control scheme. They added in click-drag at some point but it feels terrible compared to Dota.

I had a couple Dota friends try HOTS and it felt different enough to turn them off right away.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
https://twitter.com/DOTA2/status/1158609172545433601

pretty underwhelming

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

Farscape is actually pretty cool.

bad skins

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

lmao they got so lazy they just replaced a rare reward with battle pass levels

The only good one in that entire set is the Mars spear. Maaaayyyyybe the Necro item but it's Very Rare so lol

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
Treasure 3 always has levels in the rare slot

Nizox
Aug 5, 2004

:3: Hockey Otter :3:
annnnnndddd im not surprised.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

emdash posted:

Treasure 3 always has levels in the rare slot

Yeah this is nothing new

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
I look forward to Morphling copying a Necrophos with his tripping hazard pants and they pop ghost shroud together and create a giant lagbomb in the middle of a match while nobody can tell what the gently caress is happening because of the ghosts

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

harpoon nipples slardar is kinda cool

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
https://twitter.com/wykrhm/status/1158816475085361152

thank god invoker got bumped

SpiritOfLenin
Apr 29, 2013

be happy :3

Its gonna end up ogre vs. windrunner, isn't it?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Windrunner will win and get an arcana that fixes her spine

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
Ogre has the meme magic this year (not as much as the Io year, but still something) so he'll probably lose to WR by 1%

Not Al-Qaeda
Mar 20, 2012
oh wow they're finally doing something
combined party&solo mmr, separate role mmr-s :O
http://blog.dota2.com/2019/08/matchmaking-update-2/

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Support and core mmr is actually such a good idea goddamn

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

this is a good update, tahnk u blessed icefrog

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

I gotta recalibrate lol

GenSpecific
Aug 17, 2005
IT'S IDEAS LIKE THIS THAT GET PEOPLE KILLED!!!!

Slippery Tilde
Immortal treasure 3 is very good. Mainly because I snagged the necro rare on my third chest.

Crummelhorn
Nov 3, 2010
Am I crazy or did they kill ranked Random Draft with this patch? China must be rioting

e: looks like they patched it

Crummelhorn fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Aug 7, 2019

Dunite
Oct 12, 2013
I'm so happy to see the mmr ranks rework because I loved the ranked roles concept but hated the fact that you have to play with Plus to participate.

I think the more granular nature will benefit primary support players much more than the solo rank ever did.

Edit: As a support if you hit certain metrics of fight participation, support items, and vision, shouldn't splitting rank to focus on support result in a large leap over current mmr regardless if you win or not?

Dunite fucked around with this message at 02:37 on Aug 7, 2019

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

IcePhoenix posted:

Windrunner will win and get an arcana that fixes her spine
iirc she was missing an animation bone, but I thought they added it in a while ago.

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

Dunite posted:

Edit: As a support if you hit certain metrics of fight participation, support items, and vision, shouldn't splitting rank to focus on support result in a large leap over current mmr regardless if you win or not?
If you're saying mmr changes should be based in more granular metrics, you're making an old but valid argument. Unfortunately, there's no easy way to correlate those other features to your team winning, as some machine learning/data science folks have tried and failed to discover. Your argument is assuming support mmr means you're "good at doing support things" but mmr, and ultimately the real evaluation of that role-expertise concept, is more like "do you win while doing support things". On top of that, if you focus on more in-game metrics, they can be exploited to the detriment to your team. The simplicity of the system is one of its strengths.

ILL Machina fucked around with this message at 05:17 on Aug 7, 2019

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight
remember when you could calibrate at the max level every time by picking oracle and spamming nuke on allies for the big hero heals. any thing that rewards anything but winning dota is going to be exploited to gently caress up dota games

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

Spamming Zeus ult off cooldown, too.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Did I miss something or has valve not announced the TI talent yet even though we're a week from the event?

I assume they've all been notified and Valve just isn't announcing it so that when outrage happens over someone not making it they can just say that there's not enough time to get them to China.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

IcePhoenix posted:

Did I miss something or has valve not announced the TI talent yet even though we're a week from the event?

I assume they've all been notified and Valve just isn't announcing it so that when outrage happens over someone not making it they can just say that there's not enough time to get them to China.

Yeah the fact that they haven't released it yet makes me worried

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

The whole TI will be solo casted by Xyclopz

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Andrast posted:

The whole TI will be solo casted by Xyclopz

He's blacklisted for breaking NDA on Artifact, that's why he's moved on to other esports

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dunite
Oct 12, 2013

ILL Machina posted:

ultimately the real evaluation of that role-expertise concept, is more like "do you win while doing support things".

The simplicity of the system is one of its strengths.

More so I was hoping that supports would be less evaluated on if their whiny crybaby chose to play the game rather than throw.

If you do all of your support work while your carries throw their tantrums you can still see some mild success.