Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006
Got to the part where you save Micah from Strawberry.

He accidentally died and I considered just turning the game off and shouting THE END.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost

Timeless Appeal posted:

Got to the part where you save Micah from Strawberry.

He accidentally died and I considered just turning the game off and shouting THE END.

You would have missed out on the upcoming single player DLC that allows Arthur to opt out of the gang life and become a St.Denis LadyBoy

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

If blood be the price of admiralty,
Lord God, we ha' paid in full!
Messing around in SP I just just came across a house “for sale” by Emerald Ranch, with a huge fenced lot. I’ve never seen this before so I guess it was added by an update. This is the kind of poo poo I was talking about—assuming this is going to be made available for RDO, would it really be that resource intensive to open it up for single player?

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost

Phil Moscowitz posted:

Messing around in SP I just just came across a house “for sale” by Emerald Ranch, with a huge fenced lot. I’ve never seen this before so I guess it was added by an update. This is the kind of poo poo I was talking about—assuming this is going to be made available for RDO, would it really be that resource intensive to open it up for single player?

Thats been there for a loooong time.....I wanted to buy it and either flip it or rent it out to that lazy fat gently caress thats "working" on my property so I could keep him in indentured servitude.I still gotta find a god damned loving skunk to get rid of his lumbago(faking lying buttfucker!!!)

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

Reign Of Pain posted:

Thats been there for a loooong time.....I wanted to buy it and either flip it or rent it out to that lazy fat gently caress thats "working" on my property so I could keep him in indentured servitude.I still gotta find a god damned loving skunk to get rid of his lumbago(faking lying buttfucker!!!)

Lol. Well, I’m still coming across new poo poo every time I play this game so maybe I don’t need any DLC

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

Reign Of Pain posted:

Avatar + Post = Bonus Combo Multiplier x 100 + 8 cents

I was harassing peds today for the lasso non player enemies off their horse daily. Get one, and some no shirt pub decides to take a crack at me for... existing near them I guess?

Put their brains out with the Springfield as I rode away, and saw their dot instantly drop off the map when they respawned. Why start poo poo? I wasn't shooting at them, what compels the shirtless pub to be a dingus :iiam:

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch
Some dummy spent several seconds today trying from behind to lasso me when I was in defensive mode. The second he switched to a gun I turned around on my horse and shot him. My hostility went up immediately of course. Rockstar needs a true passive mode where you can hunt and kill NPCs but can’t harm other live players.

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost

Capn Beeb posted:

I was harassing peds today for the lasso non player enemies off their horse daily. Get one, and some no shirt pub decides to take a crack at me for... existing near them I guess?

Put their brains out with the Springfield as I rode away, and saw their dot instantly drop off the map when they respawned. Why start poo poo? I wasn't shooting at them, what compels the shirtless pub to be a dingus :iiam:

Some people just attack people that are shown as a red...do you show as red on the mini map when you gently caress off NPC's? I always just ran around some hideouts when I get a daily that tells me to do something to non-player enemies...didn't know I could basically just spit on some mofo and then do what the R* has commanded of me that day in regards to their method of murder

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

Reign Of Pain posted:

Some people just attack people that are shown as a red...do you show as red on the mini map when you gently caress off NPC's? I always just ran around some hideouts when I get a daily that tells me to do something to non-player enemies...didn't know I could basically just spit on some mofo and then do what the R* has commanded of me that day in regards to their method of murder

Nah you can shoot all the NPCs you want and it won't raise your hostility any, only attacking other players will bump that up and change your dot from blue to red. I was firmly dark blue, so welp.

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?

Capn Beeb posted:

They also often have the big feathered hats. Of course this is useful as I know who to suspect of being a shithead.

Hey now. I'm a suave motherfucker that rocks a pink feathered hat and I aint no griefer!

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

Comfortador posted:

Hey now. I'm a suave motherfucker that rocks a pink feathered hat and I aint no griefer!

my best friend wears that same hat in game and is basically roleplaying a sociopath. you sure you’re not a secret griefer?

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
Was out doing stranger missions and gang hideouts with a friend last night. We both got the "kill six enemies with a revolver without reloading" achievement at the same time.
I mean, if you think about it, it's not that hard with a lemat and dual wielding, but it still felt pretty :clint:

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Reign Of Pain posted:

The sad thing is lumbago just means back pain which probably means he does have something wrong that probably requires surgery. Unless he’s completely lying about having any pain at all and that’s the joke and I didn’t get it.

BarkingSquirrel
Sep 12, 2008

by Smythe

Phil Moscowitz posted:

It shows up in the epilogue since release.

BarkingSquirrel fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Aug 6, 2019

Dick Jones
Jun 20, 2002

Number 2 Guy at OCP

Cessna posted:

I am very disappointed that the game doesn't allow me the option of:

You can get pretty close to Three Amigos with the current wardrobe options but... not quite. I did see a player in a showdown dressed almost exactly like Woody from Toy Story.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

How can I get my second side arm holster to show in online? It shows on other players - does it depend on the outfit, or the gender?

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

While we're asking questions about bugs, how come I only get the scrawny nag when I do online missions instead of my own horse? Does anyone else have this problem?

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Another Bill posted:

While we're asking questions about bugs, how come I only get the scrawny nag when I do online missions instead of my own horse? Does anyone else have this problem?

Yes - you have to set your mission horse under 'Stables' in the player menu. You can set the horse for free roam, missions, races. Incredibly annoying because there is zero instruction on this. I had the scrawny nag for missions for months before I figured it out.

zooted heh
Oct 16, 2005

str8 mercin burgers my nigga

Agent Burt Macklin posted:

How can I get my second side arm holster to show in online? It shows on other players - does it depend on the outfit, or the gender?

it's in your outfits somewhere. go to the store dressing room and if you have one you should be able to equip it. Just be sure to save your outfit with it.

Cessna
Feb 20, 2013

KHABAHBLOOOM

Dick Jones posted:

I did see a player in a showdown dressed almost exactly like Woody from Toy Story.

That's genius.

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost
For all you Playstation Plus havers that are still on the fence about giving online a try NOW IS THE DAY!!!! Check this shiiiiit out......if you have Playstation Plus and play RDR2s online mode before Sept. 2 you will get...omfg its sooo cooooool.....if you play before the 2nd you will get a free loving poncho.

I know right? I can't believe it either.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Reign Of Pain posted:

For all you Playstation Plus havers that are still on the fence about giving online a try NOW IS THE DAY!!!! Check this shiiiiit out......if you have Playstation Plus and play RDR2s online mode before Sept. 2 you will get...omfg its sooo cooooool.....if you play before the 2nd you will get a free loving poncho.

I know right? I can't believe it either.

:eyepop: :eyepop: :eyepop: :eyepop: :eyepop:

BarkingSquirrel
Sep 12, 2008

by Smythe
Oh boy! A blue poncho! BLUE!

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

That's the color poncho I have, though...

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

zooted heh posted:

it's in your outfits somewhere. go to the store dressing room and if you have one you should be able to equip it. Just be sure to save your outfit with it.

Found it - thanks! I had no idea it was in there, never thought to look.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
I bounced off online like a week or two after it launched in beta. I liked what was on offer, but is every instance of happening upon another player just this uneasy strafe of “I’m not gonna shoot him, hopefully he doesn’t shoot me, oh poo poo he has a friend... should I try to sell these pelts? Easy compadre... eas.... AGGHHHH HE WALKED TOWARDS ME BLAM BLAM BLAM BLAM BLAM BLAM!”

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

Lots of suspicious waving followed by bushwhacking

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost
People sure do get hosed off when you take a pelt of their horse and sell it right in front of them

Sax Solo
Feb 18, 2011

Feenix posted:

I bounced off online like a week or two after it launched in beta. I liked what was on offer, but is every instance of happening upon another player just this uneasy strafe of “I’m not gonna shoot him, hopefully he doesn’t shoot me, oh poo poo he has a friend... should I try to sell these pelts? Easy compadre... eas.... AGGHHHH HE WALKED TOWARDS ME BLAM BLAM BLAM BLAM BLAM BLAM!”

This is me. I also get jumpy when people like show up to 'help' with hideouts.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

If anyone gives me a bad vibe, I just shoot their horse.

Who's the griefer now jackass :smug:

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

The 4 dollar hole in your pocket.

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost

Sax Solo posted:

This is me. I also get jumpy when people like show up to 'help' with hideouts.

They just help themselves to the change in the pockets of the dead....and they usually ain't got no loving shirts on either

Red Dead Redemption 2: Get murdered by a shirtless griefer in overalls so they can steal 8 cents from a corpse

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
Friend and I were just hunting in defensive mode. This guy was determined to attack us, so we obliged. Never had so much fun with incendiary slugs and dynamite arrows.
Sometimes I'm reminded why people grief. I just don't understand why they have to do it all the time.

BarkingSquirrel
Sep 12, 2008

by Smythe

Jimbot posted:

The 4 dollar hole in your pocket.

Pocket change.

Reign Of Pain posted:

They just help themselves to the change in the pockets of the dead....and they usually ain't got no loving shirts on either

Red Dead Redemption 2: Get murdered by a shirtless griefer in overalls so they can steal 8 cents from a corpse

Thats how I dress, or would if females could be shirtless, but I don't grief. If I'm attacked though... Well I have explosive rounds for every weapon type so they learn that error very quickly.

BarkingSquirrel fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Aug 11, 2019

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Somebody please tell me there's a way to skip or cheat or something this 3 hit blackjack challenge. There's no way they expect us to play however many hours of blackjack it'd take to get this.

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

Funky See Funky Do posted:

Somebody please tell me there's a way to skip or cheat or something this 3 hit blackjack challenge. There's no way they expect us to play however many hours of blackjack it'd take to get this.

they do

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
I guess I'm not going to bother doing the loving challenges then if this is the kind of poo poo they put in them.

Douchebag
Oct 21, 2005

It’s not really that hard of a challenge. I would just casually play blackjack and if I got a deal of 2 low cards I’d go for the 3 hits. Both times I did it I completed it within an hour.

Just keep folding until you get dealt an A, 2 or a 2, 3. Something like that.

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

jfc when is this loving ‘summer’ update coming

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

freebooter
Jul 7, 2009

The recently released OSTs, unless I'm missing something, are bullshit. 22 songs? Every loving mission in this game had its own score, release them you cowards!