Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aades
Nov 28, 2005

Guns Up!

My guild was talking about class priorities not long ago. It really depends on what teams you are using. Our rough list looked like this:

Titan - level 100

Frostmage - 70
Sunspear - 100

Sentinel 100
Archer 70
Dervish 70
Thief 100
Mechanist 100
Bard 70
Orbweaver 100
Dragonguard 100
Warlord 100

Plaguelord 100
Tidecaller 70

Note that it takes about as much xp to go from 70 to 100 as it takes to do 1 to 70.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thranguy
Apr 21, 2010

Deceitful and black-hearted, perhaps we are. But we would never go against the Code. Well, perhaps for good reasons. But mostly never.
Champion level 20 gates kingdom star level 12, so that should be a decently high priority for classes from kingdoms that have a Mythic and enough troops.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Also a thing to note with hero classes is that many of them have absolutely worthless level 100 traits.

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!

Aades posted:

My guild was talking about class priorities not long ago. It really depends on what teams you are using. Our rough list looked like this:

Titan - level 100

Frostmage - 70
Sunspear - 100

Sentinel 100
Archer 70
Dervish 70
Thief 100
Mechanist 100
Bard 70
Orbweaver 100
Dragonguard 100
Warlord 100

Plaguelord 100
Tidecaller 70

Note that it takes about as much xp to go from 70 to 100 as it takes to do 1 to 70.

Not bad, but both tier 4 classes are better than Warlord. Why is Warlord on the list at all?

Sentinel is clearly better than Dragonguard, which should only be used in a dragon team.

Aades
Nov 28, 2005

Guns Up!

Yeah, it's more of a start of a list than a definitive guide. I think Warlord was the last one, then the tier 4's were remembered, then the conversation petered out so they weren't really discussed.

The main idea was that Titan was #1 for non-Guild War stuff, and ok for GW. Frostmage is great for GW defense and good for GW attacks. Sunspear (Fireblade) is great for some fire related attacks.

Definitely check out the level 100 trait before grinding those out. Some of the choices at 100 are something like "+2 magic to Jerks" or "+1 magic to Bears" or something like that.

MrTundra
Aug 19, 2014

waffles beyond waffles posted:

Not bad, but both tier 4 classes are better than Warlord. Why is Warlord on the list at all?

Sentinel is clearly better than Dragonguard, which should only be used in a dragon team.

A couple of of other things to think about with classes... The tier list is OK from mid game on, but it might be worth mentioning that a few classes unlock really good weapons for early game players.

Sentinel for Sheild of Urskya, Plaguelord for Essence of Evil and Theif for Skeleton Key all offer a great deal for relatively little effort.

On Dragonguard Dispel on 4/5 match and 3x damage to burning enemies offer decent value even without dragons, although obviously it's stronger with dragons. I use it to counter Life and Death just for the Dispel!

perfluorosapien
Aug 15, 2015

Oven Wrangler
A fun but admittedly high-budget blue team for GW:

High King Irongut
King Gobtruffle
Jar of Eyes Frostmage
The Possessed King

This team has been demolishing the popular orbweaver PvP team. Not sure if HKI really plays a role here since he's usually still entangled at game end.

Oenis
Mar 15, 2012
Heads up: I know I just rejoined, but I won't be able to play for the next 2 weeks (starting friday) because I'm on holiday.

Do guild rewards wait that long in my inbox? That determines if I'll get the app on my phone to at least cash that in every now and then.

Also a huge thanks for the effortpost on delves, it helped a bunch!

Oenis fucked around with this message at 13:36 on Jul 31, 2019

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

Oenis posted:

Heads up: I know I just rejoined, but I won't be able to play for the next 2 weeks (starting friday) because I'm on holiday.

Do guild rewards wait that long in my inbox? That determines if I'll get the app on my phone to at least cash that in every now and then.

Also a huge thanks for the effortpost on delves, it helped a bunch!

No. They last 6 days.

Runaway Legs
Oct 11, 2012

Not a hat
Fun Shoe
I haven't unlocked that many classes yet, so I'm not claiming this is the best or anything, but I'm having huge success with runepriest on an all dwarf team. I don't have any of the mythics (apart from a Yao Guai that I used an orb thingie on) so this is probably not the best synergy possible.

Kraken banner
Grudgekeeper hero weapon +8
King Highforge***
Apothecary***
Lady Ironbeard***

It's not looping, but Apothecary and Grudgekeeper both creates a bunch of brown gems and they all get a bunch of bonuses from each other, from matching browns and from 4 or 5 matches. If a game drags out a little bit most of them get up towards 100 hit points.

I'd love to hear it if any of you got any ideas to improve the team.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Glad to see that wednesday team for us in Gems Blossums is a guild that gained 0 points against us. Ez game.

And then tomorrow we face nothing but Life and Death Teams.

Annointed fucked around with this message at 01:57 on Aug 1, 2019

LegoMan
Mar 17, 2002

ting ting ting

College Slice

Annointed posted:

Glad to see that wednesday team for us in Gems Blossums is a guild that gained 0 points against us. Ez game.

And then tomorrow we face nothing but Life and Death Teams.

The guild requires 1500 seals every week and 150k gold O_o

Enkor
Dec 17, 2005
That is not it at all.

LegoMan posted:

The guild requires 1500 seals every week and 150k gold O_o

Perhaps that's total, not per person!

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

Time passes quickly on the weekend.

As we are pretty close, I've just used enough Clan orbs to put the Blossums up to 39,600 seals. Anyone able to put us over?

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
I messed around with the new Mythic, but didn't strike upon anything great. Partly my fault, as I am stubborn about using Sentinel for forty more battles to unlock the weapon. And apparently barriers block his devour.

Any of the three hero exploder weapons would probably work with him. Unfortunately there's no 50% mana start for Daemons yet. Having the hero start with 50% mana with an exploder (mountain crusher, jar of eyes, or essence of evil) will probably be a requirement for competitive PVP. Mountain Crusher and Jar of Eyes both make helpful storms, and Jar is better against Moon Rabbit. Uhg, too tired to think of names, but that naga that converts brown to red can shut them both down unfortunately. Gorgotha might be a better choice for a tank exploder.

So slot one should be some sort of generator that doesn't block Dagon too badly and can take a punch. Slot 2 waa Dagon. Slot 3 can be a solid support, somone you don't necessarily want to devour. Obsidius for stuns, or maybe another true damage? TPK can speed things up, perhaps.

Slot 4 I was running Queen of the Damned? Her third trait gives all demons 2 life per turn, which modestly boosts Dagon's damage, but mostly she's the first devour target. But her summon and explosions can be helpful if things go slowly. But perhaps an empowered converter would be a better choice, and a good target for Dagon.

Sentinel isn't a good choice. Titan with Mountain Crusher or Frostmage with Jar.

So Dagon can black beast and buff his stats, but the true damage is his real threat. Unfortunately Submerge is a big problem. Even without submerged targets, I found it took 3 casts to wipe a 12k team.

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

Time passes quickly on the weekend.

What is a good bounty team to use?

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe
Hey y'all. Thinking about jumping back into this after not logging on for *squints at phone* 799 days. Can I get an invite into a goon guild? I don't recall exactly how far I got in the game when I used to play (but apparently I am level 104) and there's a bunch of new stuff I don't recognize at all but my old team of Treant / Alchemist / Valkyrie / Banshee seems to have held up reasonably well?

I've got all the kingdoms purchased but I still need to finish all their quests so I'll focus on that for the time being. I do have dragon armor, at least.

My invite code is MONTY_46.

Montalvo fucked around with this message at 16:30 on Aug 2, 2019

MrTundra
Aug 19, 2014

Tsietisin posted:

This week's bounty troop is good. So far I'm using:
Ridgeback/Tigraki Warrior/Urskyan Druid/Excavator

Pretty good speed and synergy for an all bounty team.

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006

Tsietisin posted:

[6720,6595,6739,6729,3037,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0]

Sin of Maraj banner
Corpse Mare
Tigraki Warrior
Ridgeback
Excavator

This team is working quite well even at battle 20, with Tigraki Warrior the MVP. Target Valravens if present, then Marsh Strangler, then whatever else—none of the other troops can do much besides skull damage. Use a hero class you don’t have the weapon for. That way you’re still working towards the 250 wins.

Edit: :lol: I have no idea if Ridgeback is any good because I’ve only used his spell like three times so far. Corpse Mare May be squishier, but the ability to steal life really helps with durability.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Montalvo posted:

Hey y'all. Thinking about jumping back into this after not logging on for *squints at phone* 799 days. Can I get an invite into a goon guild? I don't recall exactly how far I got in the game when I used to play (but apparently I am level 104) and there's a bunch of new stuff I don't recognize at all but my old team of Treant / Alchemist / Valkyrie / Banshee seems to have held up reasonably well?

I've got all the kingdoms purchased but I still need to finish all their quests so I'll focus on that for the time being. I do have dragon armor, at least.

My invite code is MONTY_46.

Invite sent. Welcome to Gem Blossums.

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe

Annointed posted:

Invite sent. Welcome to Gem Blossums.

Thanks!

Manyorcas
Jun 16, 2007

The person who arrives last is fined, regardless of whether that person's late or not.
I think we missed inviting Murgos (PURPZ_MRSP) on the last page, although we're getting to the point now again where there's more active goons than there are guild spaces.

Murgos, join a pubbie guild to tide you over until another spot opens up, being in even a lovely guild gives you a lot of free stuff each week. And feel free to ask again every now and then if there are open spots, otherwise we're liable to forget :v:

Wilmott Snipes
May 29, 2002

It's daddy shithead, where's the bourbon?
Well from what I can see (I hope he posts here to say he's around) Ceramics doesn't seem active.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

I just had a PvP match against someone with 3 Lust and Life&Death. Start of the match a shark jumps in, and one of my characters just dies. I *think* what happened was that the shark invasion counts as a kill, which made the other two Lust charm someone, and it was enough to kill my Egg Thief, but WTF mate?

I still won, somehow.

Bruceski fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Aug 3, 2019

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Manyorcas posted:

I think we missed inviting Murgos (PURPZ_MRSP) on the last page, although we're getting to the point now again where there's more active goons than there are guild spaces.

Murgos, join a pubbie guild to tide you over until another spot opens up, being in even a lovely guild gives you a lot of free stuff each week. And feel free to ask again every now and then if there are open spots, otherwise we're liable to forget :v:

I think Boiz has a few people not contributing. We should ask if they are coming back and if not boot them for active players.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Bruceski posted:

I just had a PvP match against someone with 3 Lust and Life&Death. Start of the match a shark jumps in, and one of my characters just dies. I *think* what happened was that the shark invasion counts as a kill, which made the other two Lust charm someone, and it was enough to kill my Egg Thief, but WTF mate?

I still won, somehow.

I had that happen to me too. I guess mechanic wise the game killed a random unit and replaced that unit with the shark troop. That "death" then triggers lusts "charm random person when ally is killed" trait.

EDIT: I finally got another batch of 4k Diamonds.

Should I spend them on crafting Infernus? Or should I wait for other mythics like another Pharos Ra for farming or Ubastet for instant kill?

Annointed fucked around with this message at 05:45 on Aug 4, 2019

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

Manyorcas posted:

Thanks, I’ll do that. Was about to ask again.

E: from the class conversation earlier, should i beeline titan? Or some other class rather than warlord? Also is there an weapon I should be trying to get earlier to be ahead of the curve?

Murgos fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Aug 4, 2019

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

I’d like to say congratulations to all the goons in Gem Blossums who participated in last week’s Guild Wars. You all completely owned them fools. And thank you all for contributing to helping newer players have a chance of getting new mythics.

porktree
Mar 23, 2002

You just fucked with the wrong Mexican.
Invasion talk - looks like Mang/Ys/Ys/Ysabelle is solid. I"m throwing General Suladin into the last slot for the bonuses. Thoughts?

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
Too slow! For speedy clears until the difficulty increases, I am using Gard's Champion, two Teslas, and Sentinel/Life and Death.

I have yet to find towers that don't crumble against two Teslas. Champ is the tankiest tank and boosts Tesla. I was using the new weapon, but Life and Deatb steals life and pops barriers.

I will probably sub the event troop for a Tesla at some point.

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

Too slow! For speedy clears until the difficulty increases, I am using Gard's Champion, two Teslas, and Sentinel/Life and Death.

I have yet to find towers that don't crumble against two Teslas. Champ is the tankiest tank and boosts Tesla. I was using the new weapon, but Life and Deatb steals life and pops barriers.

Is this faster than just using a doom weapon?

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004

This team is amazing, I had never used Tesla before but it absolutely rips through the mid-tier towers in like 2 or 3 turns.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

This is amazing thank you

u got mares in yr house
Feb 23, 2001

I just witnessed Princess Elspeth kill her own tower. Way to go, lady!

:downsbravo:

Manyorcas
Jun 16, 2007

The person who arrives last is fined, regardless of whether that person's late or not.

I want you to know I did this and casting Tesla nearly crashed my game the first time, then actually crashed it the second time. That’s how you know a team is good.

cosmin
Aug 29, 2008
Noob question: my soulforge is lvl 4 and i should be able to craft some weapons already but when I click on the weapons tab it tells me i should upgrade my soulforge?

Also, i dislike this part of the game (lvl 55) when I should be investing in troops and upgrades but I don’t want to because I think all my troops are crap and I cannot find a team that works and I know there are better cards out there I should spend my souls on and I’m getting my rear end kicked in all games modes :(

hanyolo
Jul 18, 2013
I am an employee of the Microsoft Gaming Division and they pay me to defend the Xbox One on the Something Awful Forums

cosmin posted:

Noob question: my soulforge is lvl 4 and i should be able to craft some weapons already but when I click on the weapons tab it tells me i should upgrade my soulforge?

Also, i dislike this part of the game (lvl 55) when I should be investing in troops and upgrades but I don’t want to because I think all my troops are crap and I cannot find a team that works and I know there are better cards out there I should spend my souls on and I’m getting my rear end kicked in all games modes :(

As someone newish as well, i got through a lot of the early game using Elywn which is the Pans Vale Kingdom quest finishing reward, in fact im still using him he is really strong imo, if you can find a rock spirit as well (its blue) they synergise quite well, then fill out with whatever weapon or other your best other troop that fills out the rest of the colours

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006
There are a bunch of troops new players are likely to have that can make things easier. Troops like Rowanne, Sunbird, or Bombot can deal respectable damage, especially if paired with a mana generator that doesn’t overlap their colors.

Potentially relevant:
https://community.gemsofwar.com/t/best-epic-and-lower-rarity-troops/56651

Edit: regarding Soul Forge, cosmin, can you post a screenshot of what you’re seeing? With your Soul Forge at level 4 (or even 3), you should be able to craft at least some weapons.

Grundulum fucked around with this message at 10:27 on Aug 7, 2019

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006
Sorry for the double post. It seems that Gem Boiz has an open slot. Do we have any players hanging out in public guilds waiting for an opening?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

onefish
Jan 15, 2004

So there's some data-gathering going on on the game forums re: the Adventure Board, and it made me wonder why there isn't more of this happening for GoW -- like, why is there no list anywhere of possible rewards from the various gnomes, with estimated odds? Is there a list anywhere of exactly what the potential base delve rewards are, with odds per "chest level"? Will anyone end up compiling that Adventure Board data into something referenceable?

Is there anything about the game that makes it particularly difficult to get this info, or is it just a playerbase/numbers thing? If it's playerbase, I'm surprised the base can support something like gowdb.com, but doesn't support data gathering on the various random elements other than chests. Or is this sort of thing just no longer popular for online games?