Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."

Where did you get this video of me?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Hello goon friends, I'd like your assistance in filling this thread out!

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3895639

I stickied it this time so it doesn't vanish into the aether again.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Was just checking to see what Detroit was actually using for players these days.

They immediately called up Travis Demeritte. He got his first two RBIs today. I'm rooting the guy. He's by no means a perfect player, but he managed to greatly improve.

Rosenthal had a stretch of only two earned runs in eight innings pitched, but got lit up for three in 1/3 of an inning today.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Looks like the Greinke trade was a huge mistake

alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

Billy Butler: Fat Guy by Day, Doubles Machine by Night
Eh, it's one start in the regular season. And it wasn't good, but I don't think that qualified as a disaster either.

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."

Intruder posted:

Looks like the Greinke trade was a huge mistake

lmao imagine trading for Greinke what a dumbass :lol:

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

A truly amazing job of mistiming everything, but he got concussed so I can't laugh too hard.

UZR IS BULLSHIT
Jan 25, 2004
Will Smith went with Smitty so...he’s canceled imo

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..
What the hell is a "Buddy Boshers?" Sounds like what Chuck E Cheez would be called in a Nickelodeon cartoon.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

TheBizzness posted:

The Rays are mostly unexciting but I do enjoy Glasnow embracing BABY GIRAFFE

i thought brandon belt was the giraffe dude?

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010
Wait mlb has multiple baby giraffe guys, I thought it was just Sean Manaea

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I want this glove

https://twitter.com/mlbonfox/status/1158509165888716801?s=21

Johnny Bravo
Jan 19, 2011
Happy Birthday Mike Trout

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Belt's been a baby giraffe for 8 years so he might be young child giraffe now

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

He snaps his fingers and 50% of all players in the game are suspended for fighting.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Inspector_666 posted:

He snaps his fingers and 50% of all players in the game are suspended for fighting.

:vince:

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Inspector_666 posted:

Clint Frazier is still in the minor leagues after this

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

The soul stone is the nike logo, thus proving that corporate interests have truly captured the soul of the game

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe

alpha_destroy posted:

Soler better get to 40 bombs. If he takes the franchise record, but stalls at 39 Imma be pissed.

bonus points if he keeps the WAR under 2 for the season

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

A local artist designed and made this for him haha, he said he's gonna try to wear it for players' weekend unless they make him take it off.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.
Bo crushed his 10th extra bases hit in his first 9 games making him the first player to do so! What a stat!

I wonder if him brushing his hair behind his ear before every pitch sets pitchers on tilt...

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
N: Cubs promoted Marquez to A+ and in his debut he tossed five scoreless while hitting 101. He's only 20, a LHP, and also has a plus curve because why not. No way this kid doesn't creep into the top of MLB prospects next year barring catastrophic injury.

V: Since there's no way he's actually going to come up and succeed as a starter for the Cubs, I'm divided between which is more likely: him fizzling out into yet another Cubs SP prospect failure, or Theo trading him for a middling reliever and some Subway coupons, so he can go on to be a dominant ace with somebody else.

Carillon
May 9, 2014

Likely going to be in Minneapolis in September when they're playing the Twins. Seat wise how's the stadium? It's sorta nuts that there are listings for like 500 bucks behind home plate but two rows over it's 80.

Also any fun recommendations for the city while we're there?

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

N: After another gem last night (7 IP, 1 R, 4 H, 9 K, 1 BB) Kershaw has now assumed his rightful place at the top of this list.

V: they grow up so fast

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.

iospace posted:

Hello goon friends, I'd like your assistance in filling this thread out!

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3895639

I stickied it this time so it doesn't vanish into the aether again.

I'm :allears: over the first two entries being about Boston, because of course. (and of course one of them is mine, because gently caress you Boston rules)

UZR IS BULLSHIT
Jan 25, 2004

bawfuls posted:

N: After another gem last night (7 IP, 1 R, 4 H, 9 K, 1 BB) Kershaw has now assumed his rightful place at the top of this list.

V: they grow up so fast

Fernando and Orel are the only other two people on this list from the last 30 years. Lol.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Maaayyyyybe not the best way to brag about this but I guess it's still cool.

https://twitter.com/Twins/status/1159164478006726658

The Twins are kind of cheating though by continuing to let Perez pitch, giving them way more chances to turn a triple play.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

https://twitter.com/NBCSCubs/status/1159183842508513280

More washed-up former good players! :toot:

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Is a lucroy who apparently can't hit and can't frame or play defense anymore really worse than a quad a guy playing once a week?

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

I mean i will happily Luuuc him if he grts a hit.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Lucroy literally sucks more than Davis does though, why sign him?

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
I don’t believe in curses or jinxes, but shirts like this and last year’s Back to Back design have to be the closest real-world equivalent.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I don’t believe in curses or jinxes, but shirts like this and last year’s Back to Back design have to be the closest real-world equivalent.

Swept by the Twins in 4

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
https://twitter.com/AndrewSimonMLB/status/1159197508310118402

That's curious.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

the mets are one game out

:stonklol:

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

Spies at all Cardinals away games stealing signals. It's pretty obvious. Just give them the NL pennant now.

Vertical Lime posted:

Tebow is hitting 163/240/255 in AAA. I can't wait for the September call up :v:

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Big Mean Jerk posted:

It doesn't even look like Greinke.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Vertical Lime posted:

Willow McNeil for MVP

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Inspector_666 posted:

It doesn't even look like Greinke.

Whoever designs the Astros in-house stuff doesn’t know how to draw human faces. There’s a giant mural on the concourse that’s supposed to be a recreation of one of the dugout stare pictures from last season and every single player in it looks like Chris O’Dowd.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
https://twitter.com/lindseyadler/status/1159199858110205958

Cya Gleyber

https://twitter.com/lindseyadler/status/1159208352599203841

Maybe not?

mcmagic fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Aug 7, 2019