Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

Elephant Ambush posted:

Man that would suck to die every 21 minutes. What if I'm taking a dump or something? How do you sleep? Can't go out to dinner with friends or anything cause welp gonna peace out between the salad and soup courses and gross everyone out. What a bummer of a life/death.

you gotta take an uber everywhere because you obviously can't drive. you explain it best you can when you get in, but half the time you wake up in a ditch or the hospital anyway.

job interviews are extremely awkward.

your childhood dream of becoming a tightrope walker is dashed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Elephant Ambush posted:

Man that would suck to die every 21 minutes. What if I'm taking a dump or something? How do you sleep? Can't go out to dinner with friends or anything cause welp gonna peace out between the salad and soup courses and gross everyone out. What a bummer of a life/death.

"Most of life's basic functions fit rather easily into a 21-minute timeslot..."

I don't think going out to dinner with friends is really an issue in that world. I am really curious how he sleeps though, he even says it's a problem.

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

The tracks go off in this direction.

RatHat posted:

"Most of life's basic functions fit rather easily into a 21-minute timeslot..."

I don't think going out to dinner with friends is really an issue in that world. I am really curious how he sleeps though, he even says it's a problem.

Power naps.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Power naps loving rule.

N-N-N-NINE BREAKER
Jul 12, 2014

There was that journalist that started going crazy after trying out taking 20m naps every hour instead of sleeping. He interviewed some other (presumably crazy) people doing the same thing.

e: every 3 hours: https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/8xxzqp/i-tried-sleeping-for-two-hours-a-day-and-almost-lost-my-mind

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

veni veni veni posted:

Power naps loving rule.

My power naps turn in to general anesthesia naps. I would be a bad Heartman.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

So does this mean Diehardman has to watch all of the Die Hard movies in a continual loop forever, so he can go to the other side

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

FlamingLiberal posted:

So does this mean Diehardman has to watch all of the Die Hard movies in a continual loop forever, so he can go to the other side
Diehardman is actually Bruce Willis in a mask. When he goes to the other side, it's like repeating his glory years in a loop, hence the moniker Diehardman.

Either that or when he goes to the other side he has an enormous stiffie.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Maybe it's literally hard for him to die. Like he got rejected by the other side or anything

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I can't stop thinking about Heartman

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

Spoiler alert:

Die Heartman

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Steve Yun posted:

Diehardman is going to die with an erection

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
https://twitter.com/kalai_chik/status/1152748454734524416?s=21

Al Cu Ad Solte
Nov 30, 2005
Searching for
a righteous cause

Gripweed posted:

The most important thing we've learned from that tweet is that Refn is Kojima's best friend

Kojima seems like the capybara of the video game industry. He's just friends with everybody. He's friends with George Miller. It's like he shows up and people go "Welp gotta be pals now."

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

Al Cu Ad Solte posted:

Kojima seems like the capybara of the video game industry. He's just friends with everybody. He's friends with George Miller. It's like he shows up and people go "Welp gotta be pals now."

also, he can't poop unless he's submerged in water

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

https://mobile.twitter.com/VitorSDM/status/1155437474027593729

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
Hmm I was just thinking... when you do motion capture it might be easier to do long scenes because you can have cue cards about

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot
You don't have to, and generally can't/don't want to capture facial animation and audio at the same time as the rest of mocap data anyway. You can also just edit mocap together, just because there's no in-game camera cuts doesn't mean you can't stitch together and hand-edit as many takes as you want.

Chello De Don
Nov 12, 2006

and now i do

K8.0 posted:

You don't have to, and generally can't/don't want to capture facial animation and audio at the same time as the rest of mocap data anyway. You can also just edit mocap together, just because there's no in-game camera cuts doesn't mean you can't stitch together and hand-edit as many takes as you want.

I'd imagine it gives the director a wide degree of freedom in production. you'd always have the perfect shot, blocking, emotion, etc. because you have complete control over each scene.

breadshaped
Apr 1, 2010

Soiled Meat
https://twitter.com/mywifecameback/status/1157426014995329029?s=19

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
gamescom presentation
https://twitter.com/geoffkeighley/status/1158740999184629760?s=20

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
Is it gameplay time??

acksplode
May 17, 2004

I can't believe Death Stranding is out in 3 months. They're gonna have to start showing gameplay pretty soon! Gamescom sounds like a fine occasion to launch the final marketing push.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.

acksplode posted:

I can't believe Death Stranding is out in 3 months. They're gonna have to start showing gameplay pretty soon! Gamescom sounds like a fine occasion to launch the final marketing push.

This is the same Kojima who completely hid MGS2's main protagonist until the disc was in your console's drive

He does whatever he wants, whenever he wants

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

Donovan Trip posted:

Is it gameplay time??

There's your gameplay. Are you not entertained?

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
That looks suspiciously like a sneaking mission

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

Man, just had a thought I didn't think about when that trailer came out. You must be able to drive vehicles. So when I get there, I'm gonna kite those dudes out, run back to their ride, and pancake them.

Gameplay

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Gameplay on release day.

Anything before then wouldn’t make any sense since we are all connected.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

This is the same Kojima who completely hid MGS2's main protagonist until the disc was in your console's drive

He does whatever he wants, whenever he wants

Oh my god can this "Kojima is random lol" take die already. Dude hides one protagonist a decade and a half ago and suddenly he's completely unpredictable. You're gonna see lots of DS gameplay before it drops because Kojima and Sony are both interested in selling some copies. The marketing for all of Kojima's games (including MGS2) has put heavy emphasis on gameplay, because the guy's fundamentally a game designer over everything else.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Death

Stranding

Skateboarding

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Look Sir Droids posted:

Man, just had a thought I didn't think about when that trailer came out. You must be able to drive vehicles. So when I get there, I'm gonna kite those dudes out, run back to their ride, and pancake them.

Gameplay

At the very least you have a motorcycle which is shown in the trailer. Don't know if you can jack other people's vehicles but it seems likely imo.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
But how will you fit in the cab with your backpack(s)

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
You sit sideways

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

You go through the animation of taking your backpack off and loading it up and you get I-frames during.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

More fuel for the "is Death Stranding a PS4 exclusive or not??" fire

Sony's list of PS4 exclusives, including Death Stranding as of a few months ago

The same page today, with Death Stranding no longer listed

:thunk:

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

:psyduck: thanks sony? I only have a standard ps4 so I would probably like a pc version. But will it exist?

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.

acksplode posted:

Oh my god can this "Kojima is random lol" take die already. Dude hides one protagonist a decade and a half ago and suddenly he's completely unpredictable. You're gonna see lots of DS gameplay before it drops because Kojima and Sony are both interested in selling some copies. The marketing for all of Kojima's games (including MGS2) has put heavy emphasis on gameplay, because the guy's fundamentally a game designer over everything else.

It seems to upset you, so I'm all for these takes continuing. Jog on you big baby.

breadshaped
Apr 1, 2010

Soiled Meat

I think I'll wait a bit longer before picking up a 2nd hand PS4 Pro then.

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit
It’ll be on PS5 too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

It seems to upset you, so I'm all for these takes continuing. Jog on you big baby.

You're a child. Grow up.