Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

October is gonna be a crazy month for wrestling. Good luck to Nick Aldis and Billy Corgan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

If Corgan shoots it just like the old NWA Saturday Night, it will immediately become my favorite wrestling show.

smikey
May 22, 2004
It's not a hootenanny, it's an extravsganza!

Davros1 posted:

If Corgan shoots it just like the old NWA Saturday Night, it will immediately become my favorite wrestling show.

Yeah, I'm really hoping for some sweaty, brightly lit ring, unlit crowd, one-side-of-a-ring-against-the-wall, studio style wrestling.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

I assume Center Stage winds up being the venue?

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

How can you have a television show with a roster of like four wrestlers total

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Two-hour Iron Man matches every episode

smikey
May 22, 2004
It's not a hootenanny, it's an extravsganza!

overmind2000 posted:

Two-hour Iron Man matches every episode

Go on.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Seems like less of a problem than Billy repeating his previous failed business plan.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

MassRafTer posted:

Seems like less of a problem than Billy repeating his previous failed business plan.

i really hope he brings in Dixie Carter

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
So he's producing a TV show, but no station has signed on to broadcast it yet?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

pathetic little tramp posted:

So he's producing a TV show, but no station has signed on to broadcast it yet?

MRT thinks Billy's copying his own Resistance Pro plan but it's actually Jarrett's GFW plan. Just stay shopping that footage around for the next five years before calling the whole thing off and selling gold bars and cryptocurrency.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

flashy_mcflash posted:

MRT thinks Billy's copying his own Resistance Pro plan but it's actually Jarrett's GFW plan. Just stay shopping that footage around for the next five years before calling the whole thing off and selling gold bars and cryptocurrency.

GFW pretending Roode had jumped ship from NXT was so sad and hilarious.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

rare Magic card l00k posted:

GFW pretending Roode had jumped ship from NXT was so sad and hilarious.

Now the NWA can do the same thing with Storm!

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

flashy_mcflash posted:

Actually I was referencing Zwan.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Cash out your Zwancoin while you still can!

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
A really good recap/jump on point.

https://twitter.com/nwa/status/1161744301950263296

Can't believe for how long major league promotions have overlooked Rickey Starks individually or with Extra Talented tagging with Aaron Solow.

https://twitter.com/Lagana/status/1161374109646905344

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Billy looks thrilled

https://twitter.com/nwa/status/1166018296233320448

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Billy can't smile because of the neurological damage he suffered when Kim Gordon said his music was "cute"

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
billy_corgan_rollercoaster.jpg

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

On a dark match at the ROH show today PCO and Brody King lost the NWA tag titles to Royce Isaacs and Thomas Latimer (fka Bram). Thus officially ends the partnership with ROH, and NWA talent get the NWA belts before the first TV taping

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

:rip:

https://twitter.com/nwa/status/1172155322569502720

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

I'm glad Cornette landed somewhere I'll never have to listen to him

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

gently caress you Jim! FUUCK YOUUUUU

Nick Aldis is too good for you.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/nwa/status/1173927046197780482

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

I am glad grandad Storm is back

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

gently caress I was just thinking of the Eyehole Man edit earlier today :allears:

John Dudebro posted:

i wanted to do this and then i got carried away and basically made a botchamania ending so enjoy

https://streamable.com/au0ya

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

:hellyeah: TOM STRONG

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Tim!

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Tom Strong looks like a washed up Shane Douglas

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
anyone looking to go to the TV tapings in atlanta?

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
there comes a point where you become too big to wear a suit correctly and Tim Storm is on the other side of that boundary

just rust
Oct 23, 2012

They advertised Luchasaurus for the show that had Avalon vs. Aldis for the NWA title so that ensured it was a packed house but, surprise, Luchasaurus wasn't there. As an apology to the crowd for not delivering on Luchasaurus, everyone was encouraged to take a free photo with Tim Storm.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

The people want

and the people need

Tim Storm 2 Time NWA Champ in Atlanta

https://twitter.com/nwa/status/1173993151687745536

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
i have bought a very limited ticket to see THE FREAKING SCHOOL TEACHER

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Tim Storm is cool as hell. I would pay money just to hear him shoot the poo poo on stage.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
My big issue with Tim Storm is that he comes out in a suit like he's still 1982 Ric Flair and being an NWA champ means you are a big time player instead of leaning into the fact he is a schoolteacher by day and that suit is probably a rental. At least Nick Aldis can kind of pull it off by being a former TNA guy who was on TV,

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Nick Aldis in a suit is eh model lookin guy in a suit.

Tim Storm in a suit is some real mindwarping poo poo. That head is not supposed to be stuck in a suit(which is not a rental unless he's real good at getting the same one each time)

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
You don't need a ticket if it'll be broadcast LIVE on Studio Wrestling from Atlanta!

edit:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

coconono posted:

Tim Storm in a suit is some real mindwarping poo poo. That head is not supposed to be stuck in a suit(which is not a rental unless he's real good at getting the same one each time)

He looks like a gorilla trained to live in society from a 19th century adventure novel