Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
Hey Costco I could do without you costing the same as Walmart but upgrading my peanut butter dust to organic, gently caress organic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Involuntary Sparkle
Aug 12, 2004

Chemo-kitties can have “accidents” too!

Xaris posted:

also it was helpful during the wild-fires a year ago.

This is why we have them, and it helps in the bathroom with the litter box. My cat has asthma (yes really, and we can get her inhaler at Costco!) so we have to be careful about how we manage odors.

Also no air conditioning to filter particulates.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

This is gonna sound dumb, but what do you actually need these for? Is it if you have like allergies/pets or live next to a refinery or something?

My son has asthma attacks and we live in one of the worst areas of the country for air quality so it helps keep those in check.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
My room is covered in dust. I never thought about an air purifier. :smith:

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I had a post typed up with quotes but I lost it and am too lazy to go back again.

1) Chinatown, what are the logistics behind providing 100 people food and burgers?

2) Do the roomas/copies work at all? I Tend to leave stuff lying on my floor. Would they navigate their way around stuff? Do they pick up dust?

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

Pennywise the Frown posted:

2) Do the roomas/copies work at all? I Tend to leave stuff lying on my floor. Would they navigate their way around stuff? Do they pick up dust?

Nah you gotta pick up your area before you run the roomba. They'll try to run over all sorts of soft poo poo like shirts or socks. They do pick up dust but not super well. They'll go over an area over and over though if you use the "wall devices" you can buy though.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
I have heard horror stories of roombas running over a pet turd and smearing that poo poo everywhere.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

DiggityDoink posted:

Nah you gotta pick up your area before you run the roomba. They'll try to run over all sorts of soft poo poo like shirts or socks. They do pick up dust but not super well. They'll go over an area over and over though if you use the "wall devices" you can buy though.

I'm really thinking of getting one now. The roomba 690 looks affordable. I suppose it might entice me to clean up my area a bit more.

I have no pets. But I do poo poo on my floor. Will that be a problem?

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

priznat posted:

I have heard horror stories of roombas running over a pet turd and smearing that poo poo everywhere.

If you have pets and a roomba it's not an if, it's a when.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

13Pandora13 posted:

If you have pets and a roomba it's not an if, it's a when.

people think AI robots are gonna take over the world lol?

any idiot knows to walk around poo poo on the ground instead of step in it, but a loving robot cant figure it out

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

I'm really thinking of getting one now. The roomba 690 looks affordable. I suppose it might entice me to clean up my area a bit more.

I have no pets. But I do poo poo on my floor. Will that be a problem?

Just add an exclusion zone in your preferrred poo poo area.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Virigoth posted:

Just add an exclusion zone in your preferrred poo poo area.

Well I mean, might as well tell it to not clean my living room.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

hakimashou posted:

people think AI robots are gonna take over the world lol?

any idiot knows to walk around poo poo on the ground instead of step in it, but a loving robot cant figure it out

Anyone who thinks we're near the singularity has clearly had 0 experience with YouTube's recommendation logarithm or a roomba.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

I had a post typed up with quotes but I lost it and am too lazy to go back again.

1) Chinatown, what are the logistics behind providing 100 people food and burgers?

Its a non-stop process of grilling and moving poo poo from left to right in sorta an assembly line process. Buns on the upper level, cheese melting area on the right before handing it off to whoever eats it. They get to put whatever condiments on it.

I have no loving idea how In-N-Out can do custom burgers and never get anything wrong, especially with the crazy volume and pace they work at.

Kaincypher
Apr 24, 2008

Well I mean, might as well tell it to not clean my living room.

in my personal experience, pretty hit and miss. I bought a Deebot, basically the cheaper Roomba knockoff, and have had nothing but trouble with the stupid thing. On the plus side, it does clean up a room with a lot of hand-holding. Basically, transitioning from hardwood to a rug just makes them (my coworker has a normal Roomba with the same issue, so I'm lumping them together) lose their poo poo. It transitions seamlessly between hardwood and the carpet in the bedroom, but my area rug in the living room and the runner in the hallway, that's significantly lower pile than my carpet, and the thing just dies. In my tiny 2-bedroom condo I get about 5-10 minutes of action before it encounters something and just putzes out. Which is crazy, because it does cross the rug sometimes, and randomly after running through the rug 2-3 times decides it can't handle it anymore and dies the 4th time. Super random and weird. I've had it replaced, and been on customer service a number of times. The online reviews pretty much indicate that it's a known issue with everyone, and either don't buy it or accept that this is the reality of it.

Never had the poo-smearing issue, but I have cats and they just track litter. Fortunately, I actively search for random hairballs or regurgitated cat food before turning on the vacuum, so maybe that's a life hack for autonomous robots.

Next year when they've got Amazon Prime days I'll break down and buy one of the newer, high-powered Roombas. I have a sweet vacuum that I paid a pretty penny for, but I'm also a lazy sack of lard, hence buying an autonomous vacuum in the first place.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Chinatown posted:

Its a non-stop process of grilling and moving poo poo from left to right in sorta an assembly line process. Buns on the upper level, cheese melting area on the right before handing it off to whoever eats it. They get to put whatever condiments on it.

I have no loving idea how In-N-Out can do custom burgers and never get anything wrong, especially with the crazy volume and pace they work at.

I salute you dude. :patriot:

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

I salute you dude. :patriot:

I hate mucking it up with family friends at parties so its a win-win.

Time flys by, I get to see and briefly chat with everyone there, I get massive props for grilling, and people bring me booze without asking.

I also enjoy grilling. gently caress garbage burgs.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Chinatown posted:

My wife worked at In-N-Out for a time and the people working the grill were the highest tier and most well paid employees, not counting management. They were very good at their jobs.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know
FYI new coupons are live tomorrow.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

EVG posted:

I've been thinking of getting one to keep on top of the hair from my 2 cats and dog. Do you use the COSTCO EXCLUSIVE iRobot Roomba 985 Wi-Fi Connected Robot Vacuum? Or what inferior, non-Costco model would you recommend?

PBUC

We bought one of the 600 level roombas. We have two cats and two dogs now and I run it daily. Out has the wifi and phone app stuff but we don't run it on a schedule. Like others have mentioned, it will get stuck on clothing and it will smear a turd or vomit as far as it possibly can, so I always walk the house to make sure it's not gonna make a mess. It's pretty drat awesome. I sweep like once a week now instead of daily.

Moey
Oct 22, 2010

I LIKE TO MOVE IT

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

Who has that big of a 4th of July party that they need to cook for 100 people?! My entire family is like...30 tops. My wife's family is like 15 tops. But, drat is that small amount fun. I do most of my illegal activities with my wife's family. AKA shoot hella fireworks and shoot BB guns at stop signs. Also drink alot of beer. That's not illegal but it helps.

I've always wondered if the Costco burgs were any good. At least the big box of them. I guess who cares as long as people are fed, right?

Found the awkward cousin who has zero friends.

FCKGW posted:

My son has asthma attacks and we live in one of the worst areas of the country for air quality so it helps keep those in check.

After getting mad over beef, have you ever considered moving for your son's health? I'm at a higher altitude and have known of a few people to move elsewhere due to family health issues.

Moey fucked around with this message at 06:50 on Aug 7, 2019

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
I like shooting fireworks and BB guns though...:smith:

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

priznat posted:

I always wonder about those robo vacs, would they be ok with pet hair if you start off with a vacuumed floor and have to maintain? Or would the output from 2 mid size medium length coat dogs and a long hair cat kill them even still.

I had one running every day, it took my vacuuming down from twice a week to once a week.

However, I have a stupid raised floor in the center of my house, so I would manually have to move it from room to room.

Also my dog would attack it while it was running and that got old really fast.

The most effective thing to do is brush your dog regularly. You can decide if this is more work than vacuuming.

Suxpool
Nov 20, 2002
I want something good to die for...to make it beautiful to live
im heading to costco for a dog and vacuum robots can stay the hell out of it

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

FogHelmut posted:

I had one running every day, it took my vacuuming down from twice a week to once a week.

However, I have a stupid raised floor in the center of my house, so I would manually have to move it from room to room.

Also my dog would attack it while it was running and that got old really fast.

The most effective thing to do is brush your dog regularly. You can decide if this is more work than vacuuming.

So these work with any kind of rug?

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

So these work with any kind of rug?

I haven't had any problem with it going to deep pile area rug from hardwood and tile. It'll actually increase suction power when it senses it's on carpet.

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm
My Roomba’s arch nemesis is an IKEA Poäng chair. See that strip on the bottom connecting the two halves? It’s beveled perfectly so the Roomba can drive up on it but then it gets stuck. The vacuum seems to loving love that chair and will exploit any possible lapse in your barriers to find out that bar and seesaw on it.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

david_a posted:

My Roomba’s arch nemesis is an IKEA Poäng chair. See that strip on the bottom connecting the two halves? It’s beveled perfectly so the Roomba can drive up on it but then it gets stuck. The vacuum seems to loving love that chair and will exploit any possible lapse in your barriers to find out that bar and seesaw on it.

Maybe it's just suicidal

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Moey posted:

Found the awkward cousin who has zero friends.

After getting mad over beef, have you ever considered moving for your son's health? I'm at a higher altitude and have known of a few people to move elsewhere due to family health issues.

I moved here because I couldn't afford to be closer to the coast any more so no, I can't move again.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Ok so at a Costco I was filling up at, I drove by the tire center and saw a couple parking spaces with what it looked to be tire air stations. Whats up with those? Are they nitrogen? Do you have to pay/use your Costco card?

Never seen them anywhere else and I can't find anything online about them.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
Everyone gives their roombas a name.

Mine is Greg.

Greg, as in, "God Dammit Greg what are you complaining about this time you loving idiot"

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

Renegret posted:

Mine is Greg.

Greg, as in, "God Dammit Greg what are you complaining about this time you loving idiot"

Ours is Rosie like from the Jetsons.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Chinatown posted:

Ok so at a Costco I was filling up at, I drove by the tire center and saw a couple parking spaces with what it looked to be tire air stations. Whats up with those? Are they nitrogen? Do you have to pay/use your Costco card?

Never seen them anywhere else and I can't find anything online about them.

I was at a Costco yesterday and they have an online pickup locker there as well now. Buy online, pickup your order from the lockers.

Exciting new changes coming!

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

Renegret posted:

Mine is Greg.

Awesome-O from South Park, because we know it's gonna try to gently caress with us at some point.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
I introduce Greg to people as my idiot robot son.

This was funnier before I had a real son

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

Renegret posted:

Mine is Greg.

Ours is Liam Neeson. He has a particular set of skills and he will find that dust

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

The Costco near my uncle started carrying these https://www.amazon.com/Snak-Yard-Shiitake-Mushroom-Seasoned/dp/B07TTKMSFG and he bought me a bag. Good stuff.

Bummey
May 26, 2004

you are a filth wizard, friend only to the grumpig and the rattata
ice cream drum sticks are on sale again :negative:

The Hambulance
Apr 19, 2011

:20bux:

ASK ME ABOUT MY AWESOME STARTUP IDEA

Pillbug
How do the robot vacuums do with oriental rugs on hardwood floors? Will it get tangled in the fringe?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

The Hambulance posted:

How do the robot vacuums do with oriental rugs on hardwood floors? Will it get tangled in the fringe?
It would undoubtedly get tangled; it also might not make it over the normal sides.