Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

He's blacklisted for breaking NDA on Artifact, that's why he's moved on to other esports

not exactly a great way to go down considering only 20 people play that game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Dunite posted:

More so I was hoping that supports would be less evaluated on if their whiny crybaby chose to play the game rather than throw.

If you do all of your support work while your carries throw their tantrums you can still see some mild success.

I play 4/5 almost exclusively because support players are loving terrible and all the poo poo that the game used to give you support points for (warding, stacking, etc) are not representative of what you need to do to win. 99% of support players just sit behind me in lane trying to reassure me that if the enemy goes on me they're going to save me, but that's not helpful at all and you need to be spending you HP/Mana trading into them

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
I wonder if they're cutting back on English talent significantly this year. There were 31 people announced last year vs 19 on the Chinese team. Could imagine those numbers being swapped easily

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I found which short film to be mad about not even finishing top three this year

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtHskqp8QMc

saw the ending coming a mile away and still loved it

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Were there any 'must watch' matches from qualifiers or any recent Majors? Also do we know what time matches start next week? I can't seem to find a schedule

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

Sab669 posted:

Were there any 'must watch' matches from qualifiers or any recent Majors? Also do we know what time matches start next week? I can't seem to find a schedule

Yeah bot TI finals owned

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Sorry what I meant to ask was any must watch games for a person who hates fun and only likes watching pro players

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

sugar free jazz posted:

Yeah bot TI finals owned

If by owned you mean were completely rigged and ruined the sanctity of the institution. I may never watch 5 days of 5v5 bot matches ever again if that's how BTS is going to treat it's viewers. I'm moving to SSBM TAS videos!

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008

RisqueBarber posted:

not exactly a great way to go down considering only 20 people play that game

If he did it to be a whistle blower on how bad artifact was he's a god damnned hero

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

If by owned you mean were completely rigged and ruined the sanctity of the institution. I may never watch 5 days of 5v5 bot matches ever again if that's how BTS is going to treat it's viewers. I'm moving to SSBM TAS videos!

that’s quite the accusation in what way was it rigged??

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

sugar free jazz posted:

that’s quite the accusation in what way was it rigged??

(To be clear this is all in jest :tinfoil:. Bot TI 2 ruled.)

The inexplicable pango ball well before they even got to the center of the map. It wasn't just before they saw the enemy.

Also, getting rid of blade mail. You might as well as pick a random items to ban because they're better for some heroes than others!

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug
justice for bloodseeker

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

(To be clear this is all in jest :tinfoil:. Bot TI 2 ruled.)

The inexplicable pango ball well before they even got to the center of the map. It wasn't just before they saw the enemy.

Also, getting rid of blade mail. You might as well as pick a random items to ban because they're better for some heroes than others!

Pango was on the right side so the observer was on their team

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
I think next year they should do doubles. Two of the #1 seed with three of the #last seed. Two of #2 with three of #last-1 etc.

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug

goatface posted:

I think next year they should do doubles. Two of the #1 seed with three of the #last seed. Two of #2 with three of #last-1 etc.

the talent bot ti during the summit was similar to this and pretty fun. Three of one hero 2 of another, with the teams picked by someone on the couch.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

I'd be interested to see what would happen if they added some different terrain in the center. If they added trees would it ruin the feel of it, or totally break the AI? Surely it would totally break the dominance of AOE nukes. It might just make Zeus unstoppable.

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012

goatface posted:

Imagine having to play with Invoker

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Sampatrick posted:

Imagine having to play with Invoker

If Invoker got a strength hero to tank it might work out, (not be the worst thing ever.) they eventually start throwing spells around...

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Maybe a bonus naked round to remove the useless items problem.

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!
I liked it a lot but a lot of it came down to who was given items/put points in skills the AI would actually use.

I can understand the mail and bkb bans, but it did dumpster p much all the beefy strength heroes.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

The real hope is that by next year they figure out a way to implement OpenAI.

Crell
Nov 4, 2008

Hot Leggy Blonde, you
got it goin' on.

Didn't open ai retire from Dota

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Holy poo poo I'm imagining the bots playing trillions of 5v5 matches against every other hero, trying to win every possible matchup. Let the bots buy their own items.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

http://blog.dota2.com/2019/08/the-international-approaches-3/

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
you love to see it

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug
im so happy rich made it
honestly the only bad one is tobi
kyle and tsunami can have bad days but generally theyre ok
everyone else is Good, Actually

oh and nahaz sucks obviously but hopefully they keep him in the nahaz muteable minute

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Yeah they're all good, they actually nailed it. Can't really think of any snubs. Obviously I always want to see Draskyl but he barely did any casting this year.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
the only real question mark I have is gunnar, not because I have any strong opinions about him but he was unexpected?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
jesus, that jump from 17th/18th

also the jump from 2nd to 1st, of course

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

rjmccall posted:

jesus, that jump from 17th/18th

also the jump from 2nd to 1st, of course

I think 17/18 are the two teams in last at the end of the group stage so they miss the tournament outright

GenSpecific
Aug 17, 2005
IT'S IDEAS LIKE THIS THAT GET PEOPLE KILLED!!!!

Slippery Tilde
Been watching a good amount of dota tv to get an idea of what TI might look like. I expect to see a lot of ogre magi and alchemist picks.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
Safe lane alch with an attack speed build is probably going to be a big pick

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

GenSpecific posted:

Been watching a good amount of dota tv to get an idea of what TI might look like. I expect to see a lot of ogre magi and alchemist picks.

thanks for reminding me to do my compendium predictions tonight

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012

emdash posted:

Safe lane alch with an attack speed build is probably going to be a big pick

Another radiance assault cuirass hero huh who woulda thought

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
That should've been envy getting $16k

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

IcePhoenix posted:

Yeah they're all good, they actually nailed it. Can't really think of any snubs. Obviously I always want to see Draskyl but he barely did any casting this year.

I would have liked to see Moxxi and Lizzard make it

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Red Red Blue posted:

I would have liked to see Moxxi and Lizzard make it

Oh poo poo, yeah you're right. It didn't even dawn on me that they didn't get in. Either of them over Gunnar would be great. Not that I have anything against Gunnar, I just don't recall him doing anything this year so he'd be my first cut.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
I suspect they invited Gunnar just like how they invited CCnC to ti7 at the time.

I would have liked having Moxxi over nahaz personally

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

i would have liked a squirrel over nahaz