Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

The Hambulance posted:

How do the robot vacuums do with oriental rugs on hardwood floors? Will it get tangled in the fringe?

yeah thats not gonna work. also, it will get hung up on the edges of thick rugs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crazysim
May 23, 2004
I AM SOOOOO GAY

david_a posted:

My Roomba’s arch nemesis is an IKEA Poäng chair. See that strip on the bottom connecting the two halves? It’s beveled perfectly so the Roomba can drive up on it but then it gets stuck. The vacuum seems to loving love that chair and will exploit any possible lapse in your barriers to find out that bar and seesaw on it.

I put some rubber feet on the bottom of the chair and my Roomba has been happy ever since.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

I like the Amylu chicken burgers. The mozzarella and kale flavor really impressed me, I thought it would be trash. I wish they didn't come in packages of two but oh well. I had some today with some broccoli and no buns. I'm trying.

My Costco stopped carrying the caramlized onion flavor version and I'm sad.

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

david_a posted:

It would undoubtedly get tangled; it also might not make it over the normal sides.

My eufy hasn't gotten stuck on it but my old iLife has on multiple occasions

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

The Costco near my uncle started carrying these https://www.amazon.com/Snak-Yard-Shiitake-Mushroom-Seasoned/dp/B07TTKMSFG and he bought me a bag. Good stuff.

Do you know how much these were at the church? 17 bucks on amazon for a bag that's just a lil over a 1/2 pound is nuts.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

DiggityDoink posted:

Do you know how much these were at the church? 17 bucks on amazon for a bag that's just a lil over a 1/2 pound is nuts.

The bag was bought for me so I'm not completely sure, but one of the comments on that Amazon page says it was 7 bucks at Costco. They sorta taste like crackers, which is interesting.

DeadFatDuckFat fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Aug 8, 2019

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

The bag was bought for me so I'm not completely sure, but one of the comments on that Amazon page says it was 7 bucks at Costco. They sorta taste like crackers, which is interesting.

I'm gonna try and find them next time i make my pilgrimage. I'm not running low on any supplies right now though cause it's just me at my house this entire month rather than the 4 people living here normally.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
I got a baller af tower fan it was just $20!

Like it is so good I go from dripping with sweat just from walking into my apt after work to totes fine the second I get in front of it

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
went to the san ramon costco today and picked up the acai/yogurt swirl and it loving sucks. i should have known better because the bowl was pretty bad but i was like eh maybe it'll be good wtih the yogurt blend, and it's not at all. the best part was the yogurt, which by itself is only $1.39 vs the $2.99 swirl. very disappointing

i'm not like an aggressive walker, but holy gently caress there were so many old boomers there just poking along at like an inch per minute doing nothing in particular, and i felt like i was having to weave and dodge like crazy to get anywhere. def different than my normal costco.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I walk fast and it makes me want to blow my brains out when people walk so slow.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Xaris posted:

went to the san ramon costco today and picked up the acai/yogurt swirl and it loving sucks. i should have known better because the bowl was pretty bad but i was like eh maybe it'll be good wtih the yogurt blend, and it's not at all. the best part was the yogurt, which by itself is only $1.39 vs the $2.99 swirl. very disappointing

i'm not like an aggressive walker, but holy gently caress there were so many old boomers there just poking along at like an inch per minute doing nothing in particular, and i felt like i was having to weave and dodge like crazy to get anywhere. def different than my normal costco.

Have you checked out that fancy new shopping center thats on bollinger? I think theres a curry up now in there. I thinj that costco you went to is actually in Danville also, its the one with no gas station, yeah?

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

The Hambulance posted:

How do the robot vacuums do with oriental rugs on hardwood floors? Will it get tangled in the fringe?

Tuck the fringe under the carpet, that usually works out ok.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Have you checked out that fancy new shopping center thats on bollinger? I think theres a curry up now in there. I thinj that costco you went to is actually in Danville also, its the one with no gas station, yeah?

nah haven't seen it-i'll check it out next time i'm there. i'm rarely in the area because i'm in berkeley and go to the richmond one. i was just dropping off some soil samples for testing and hit up the co there because it was a few blocks down the road. there was a shitton of construction going on at itand it was kinda a mess. but yeah technically danville tho the lines are pretty much mushed together there

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Xaris posted:

nah haven't seen it-i'll check it out next time i'm there. i'm rarely in the area because i'm in berkeley and go to the richmond one. i was just dropping off some soil samples for testing and hit up the co there because it was a few blocks down the road. there was a shitton of construction going on at itand it was kinda a mess. but yeah technically danville tho the lines are pretty much mushed together there

Ah, the Costco over in Richmond is cool, I like that its on its own little island. I usually hit up the the asian shopping center nearby that one. You can actually order fresh noodles (I usually get beef chow fun or singapore style) at the hot food deli at the 99 ranch there and you get a big rear end box of it for like 6 bucks. A lot of other 99 ranches don't let you do that. Saigon Harbor is also right there which is pretty good for dim sum, though a bit pricey. I'm getting kinda off topic from COSTCO though.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
yeah i really should go to that 99 ranch more often. that shopping center is kinda weird because its like.. half deserted, but there's a few stores and 99 there. i don't p[particularly love that costco just because it's so busy since it serves such a large area and very busy compared to the other ones, and 580 traffic sucks, but eh it's pretty close and if i go at the right hours (15 minutes before opening on a weekend, 30 minutes before closing on a tues-thurs) it's totally fine. also i can take my dog to point isabella

anyways i also bought these limoncello desert cups today, they aren't good. i guess i appreciate they come in glass cups because i can use them for various things, but yeah weirdly not very lemon-y and kinda off-tasting--almost like, just eating artificial sweetener or something. would not recommend. also seems like they ditched those strawberry filled croissants already which is fine because they were very expensive and not great. i had tried those tripiak macarons and they were disappointingly mediocre. i think i'm on a costco dud streak with new things, but at least they had bitchin' sauce back in so i got another tub.

does anyone's costco still have the Almond Poppyseed muffins? those owned but i haven't seen them in awhile now that i think about it, sounds like they're gone for good :rip:

Xaris fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Aug 9, 2019

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Xaris posted:

does anyone's costco still have the Almond Poppyseed muffins? those owned but i haven't seen them in awhile now that i think about it, sounds like they're gone for good :rip:

Seattle still has them

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN SEIZED
by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420

Argyle posted:

A judge blocked the surveillance footage from being released.

So we have at least a year before the public sees any video of the incident. The one thing both sides agree on is that the autistic guy shoved the cop. But we don't know how bad it was, why he shoved him, who provoked who, or why the cop decided that deadly force was the right way to go.

No charges have been filed yet.

Hmmm, I assume especially since he's off-duty there's no such thing as a special prosecutor; it'd be the same county DA's office who handles any ol' homicide/manslaughter case. So I doubt he gets charged.

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

Just ate a dog, gonna go shop.

Ketchup, non-deli mustard, and onions.

It was actually my first time using the onion machine.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

RZA Encryption posted:

It was actually my first time using the onion machine.

I'm proud of you.

ZionestLord
Jan 9, 2010

Pinecone Sample posted:

Hmmm, I assume especially since he's off-duty there's no such thing as a special prosecutor; it'd be the same county DA's office who handles any ol' homicide/manslaughter case. So I doubt he gets charged.

“We do not want to taint the recollection of witnesses as to what happened that day by making the video public,” Hall said.

what in the actual gently caress ahaaha. We don't want the witnesses to see exactly what happened on this camera we have, so we can more suitably strong-arm them in court.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

He shot the disabled guy in the back of the head after "blacking out" and then shot both of the parents gently caress that guy

RJWaters2
Dec 16, 2011

It was not not not so great

RZA Encryption posted:

non-deli mustard

I am not proud of you.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

RJWaters2 posted:

quote:

Ketchup
I am not proud of you.

mysteryberto
Apr 25, 2006
IIAM
I've been missing the polish dog since it was discontinued in the USA. Can I drive up to Canada and get one?

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

mysteryberto posted:

I've been missing the polish dog since it was discontinued in the USA. Can I drive up to Canada and get one?

i think they sell them in the freezer/fridge section in like a 14-pack. although im not certain they are actually the same but they claim they are

https://www.costcobusinessdelivery.com/Kirkland-Signature-Beef-Polish-Sausage%2C-3.81-lbs.product.11467742.html

i'm also not sure if costco sells the same buns they use in the food court, but you could pickup a pack of hoagie rolls

but yeah i would have paid an extra .25 cents or w/e for a polish dog if they had kept em. gotta make room for those big ticket items like acai bowls and cheeseburgers

Xaris fucked around with this message at 02:55 on Aug 9, 2019

Zoodpipe
Jun 24, 2004

This is an important call. So, shut the fuck up.
Fallen Rib

Iron Crowned posted:

Maybe it's just suicidal

david_a posted:

My Roomba’s arch nemesis is an IKEA Poäng chair. See that strip on the bottom connecting the two halves? It’s beveled perfectly so the Roomba can drive up on it but then it gets stuck. The vacuum seems to loving love that chair and will exploit any possible lapse in your barriers to find out that bar and seesaw on it.

I have the same chair and same problem - I stuck some baskets under it with blankets in them that come right up to the edge of the bottom wood floor piece. It will try to climb up over the wood and hit the baskets and go back down without getting stuck

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Should I be wary they call it "Kirkland Raspberry Spread" and not Jam?

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

Cuz life sucks, kids. Get it while you can.

Arbite posted:

Google tells me a spread is jam without sugar.

Involuntary Sparkle
Aug 12, 2004

Chemo-kitties can have “accidents” too!

Arbite posted:

Not necessarily. Jam has a certain FDA standard of identity (over 65 brix) that the product likely doesn't meet.

Lazyhound
Mar 1, 2004

A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous—got me?
Today I overheard somebody, apparently in earnest, ask where the Christmas stuff was.

e: Judging by my own post history in this thread they’re only a week early.

GI_Clutch
Aug 22, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Dinosaur Gum

Arbite posted:

Wait, this stuff is back? I haven't seen it at my local Costco in a year or more.

BeastOfExmoor
Aug 19, 2003

I will be gone, but not forever.

Xaris posted:

i think they sell them in the freezer/fridge section in like a 14-pack. although im not certain they are actually the same but they claim they are

They're the same. I miss the polish in the food court but they're twice as good cooked on a grill.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Xaris posted:

I am not proud of you.

Ketchup goes on dogs.

fischtick
Jul 9, 2001

CORGO, THE DESTROYER

Fun Shoe

Renegret posted:

Everyone gives their roombas a name.

Ours is Nono, named by the kid when she was a toddler. When the Roomba would make the startup noise, she'd run from it shouting, "no no no nononono!!" She's a real Ship of Theseus; I think the only original parts are the shell and the wheels.

Bless me, thread for I have sinned. I started taking PBUC gummy melatonin supplements before bed a while back when I was dealing with some insomnia. I'm not sure how much I "believe" in the powers of melatonin, but I think the ritual of popping a couple gummies before bed probably helps get me in "going to bed" mode. Costco sold them in a giant, 200+ bottle, but they've since restocked with the same dose, only in pill form. I had to order some from Amazon. When they run out, maybe I'll just switch to gummy bears or something.

Olanphonia
Jul 27, 2006

I'm open to suggestions~
Wife bought some tires a few days ago. New sale just dropped, adding 60 bux off the installation (which makes installation free) on top of the 70 bux off bridgestone tires.

Obviously they discounted the price when we went in to actually get the tires, because Costco is Good.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
My fridge arrives today :woop:

Sadly a couple days after I bought it they brought back their aeroplan promotion (air miles for canooks) where you get 4x the miles. I don’t think I can get that though because it’s an external to costco thing. Not even sure who I would contact about that.

The Hambulance
Apr 19, 2011

:20bux:

ASK ME ABOUT MY AWESOME STARTUP IDEA

Pillbug
Sherpa blankets are back!

PBUC

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

going in to see if i can get my $200 back on this bad boy that just went on sale a week after i bought it: https://www.costco.com/Bainbridge-Sinclair-Fabric-Sectional-with-Ottoman.product.100479548.html

wish me luck

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Fallom posted:

going in to see if i can get my $200 back on this bad boy that just went on sale a week after i bought it: https://www.costco.com/Bainbridge-Sinclair-Fabric-Sectional-with-Ottoman.product.100479548.html

wish me luck

Only a week? Costco will almost certainly let you price match.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

they did

god bless