Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
The following story wasn't deemed "good enough" for the pages of Asimov Science Fiction Magazine, but that won't stop me from sharing it here!

Strongo and the Deadly Beauty

“Strongo, you truly are the strongest man in the world!” said Strongo’s best friend, Weeko. “You just killed two tigers with your bare hands!”
“I am the strongest,” said Strongo. Two dead tigers lay at his feet. “I fear nothing.”
“Don’t you even fear the Bad Wizard?” asked Weeko. “He has powerful magic.”
“I’m not afraid of the Bad Wizard,” said Strongo. “I’m so strong, he should fear me!”
Strongo and Weeko laughed together at the Bad Wizard.

High in his tower of bones, the Bad Wizard spied on Strongo with his crystal ball. What he heard Strongo say made him angry.
“You should fear me, Strongo!” said the Bad Wizard. “For I am plotting to destroy you!”
Strongo couldn’t hear the Bad Wizard’s threats and kept laughing inside the crystal ball.
“You won’t be laughing for very long!” promised the Bad Wizard. “I’m starting my plot right now!”
The Bad Wizard went to his evil laboratory where he kept all his magic. There was a girl there on a slab with her eyes closed.
“You are the most beautiful girl in the world,” the Bad Wizard told the unconscious girl. “Because I built you from the best parts of the most beautiful women I could capture. Even your insides are beautiful. Strongo will not be able to resist your beauty.”
The Bad Wizard went to a switch on the wall.
“I made you beautiful, now I will make you alive!” he shouted.
The Bad Wizard threw the switch and lightning electrified the girl, bringing her to life!
She sat up on the slab and looked around. Smoke came out of her hair.
“What is my name?” she asked.
“Your name is Beautia,” the Bad Wizard told her. “You are my creation and must obey me.”
“What are your orders, master?” asked Beautia. She was naked.
“You are to destroy Strongo!” the Bad Wizard commanded.
“How am I to destroy Strongo?” asked Beautia. “He is the strongest man in the world.”
“You must pretend to be in love with him,” said the Bad Wizard. “Then he will believe what you say and you will trick him into my trap.”
“I understand,” said Beautia.
“Be warned, Beautia,” the Bad Wizard warned. “You must only pretend to be in love with Strongo. You must not actually fall in love with him; I forbid it!”
“I will obey,” said Beautia.
“Good,” said the Bad Wizard. “Now, go!”

Strongo and Weeko were still laughing together when Strongo heard something with his sharp ears. It was the sound of someone screaming for help!
“Shush, Weeko!” Strongo ordered him. “Someone is screaming for help.”
Weeko listened. He heard the screams too.
“It’s coming from the jungle!” said Weeko.
Strongo was already running into the jungle.
He saw two monsters attacking a beautiful girl! She was the one who’d been screaming earlier.
“You’re dead, monsters!” yelled Strongo. He punched the first monster’s head off.
The other monster tried to bite him, but he cut it completely in half with his sword. Blood sprayed all over him.
“That’s the end of those monsters!” cheered Weeko.
“Thank you for saving me,” said the girl Strongo had just rescued.
Strongo was so amazed by how beautiful the girl was that he said “Wowza!”
The girl’s hair was golden. Her face was tan. The skin on her arms was black and the skin on her legs was white. She was wearing a dress so he couldn’t see the rest of her skin colors, but her shape was beautiful.
“What is your name?” asked Strongo. He couldn’t look away from her beautiful eyes. One of her eyes was green, the other was blue. Her eye shape was Asian.
“My name is Beautia,” answered Beautia.
“Beautia, what were you doing alone in the jungle?” asked Weeko. Weeko didn’t like girls so he didn’t care how beautiful she was. Strongo was his best friend.
“I was going to my grandmother’s house to bring her a basket of treats,” lied Beautia.
“That sounds like a lie,” said Weeko. “You don’t even have a basket!”
Strongo slapped Weeko but not hard enough to hurt him, but it still hurt Weeko’s feelings.
“She must have lost her basket in the jungle!” Strongo yelled.
“I’m so sad!” said Beautia, pretending to cry. “I’ve lost my basket! Now my grandmother will starve!”
“We have lots of food,” said Strongo. “We’ll share.”
“I’m not sharing any of my food,” said Weeko. He still didn’t believe Beautia.
“Weeko, I will hit you again!” warned Strongo, raising his hand. His hand was very big and hard. Weeko frowned and stopped talking.
“I’m scared,” said Beautia. “What if there are more monsters?”
“I’ll protect you from the monsters,” Strongo told her.
“Oh! I’m so happy!” Beautia hugged Strongo’s neck. He hugged her back with his muscular arms and squeezed her bottom. She didn’t tell him to stop so it was okay.
“Is your bottom black, too?” asked Strongo.
“How did you know?” asked Beautia.
“Just a guess,” said Strongo.
“Where does your grandmother live?” Weeko asked her.
“In the jungle. This way. Follow me,” said Beautia. She led the way into the jungle.
“That’s the way to the dark and scary part of the jungle!” said Weeko.
“If you’re too scared, stay behind,” Strongo told him. “I’ll carry the food.”
Strongo took the food from Weeko and followed Beautia into the jungle.
Weeko was left all alone.

Beautia led Strongo very far into the jungle. It kept getting darker and darker until Strongo could hardly see.
“Are we almost there?” asked Strongo.
“Just a little farther,” said Beautia. It was so dark Strongo couldn’t even see her; he was just following her voice.
But Beautia could still see. Her green eye was secretly a tiger’s eye and she could see in the dark with it. She saw where the Bad Wizard had put his trap and stepped around it.
Then she said:
“Walk straight forward, don’t go around.”
“Don’t go around what?” asked Strongo.
But it was too late. He stepped into the trap!
A big cage made of evil bones fell on Strongo and trapped him.
“What is this?” Strongo yelled. “A cage of bones?”
“You’ve fallen for my trap,” said the Bad Wizard, stepping out of the darkness.
“The Bad Wizard!” Strongo yelled. “Run away, Beautia! I’ll protect you!”
Beautia didn’t run away. She walked up and stood next to the Bad Wizard.
“No, Beautia! Stay away from him! He’s evil!” yelled Strongo. He shook the bars of his cage and they started to break.
“Don’t try to break out of the cage, Strongo, or I will hurt the girl,” said the Bad Wizard. He held up a knife with a curved blade and held it up to Beautia’s chin.
“I don’t believe you!” Strongo shook the cage again. The bone bars cracked loudly.
The Bad Wizard poked Beautia’s chin with the tip of the knife. A drop of red blood came out. Beautia started to cry for real!
“No!” Strongo yelled. “I believe you!”
“Don’t forget: I’ll kill her if you try to escape,” said the Bad Wizard. He clapped his hands and four skeletons appeared in a puff of smoke. They lifted up the cage with Strongo inside.
“Take him to the tower!” the Bad Wizard told the skeletons. “I will feed him to the alligators!”
The skeletons obeyed their master and started walking.

The Bad Wizard had Strongo tied up over the alligator pit.
“Now you will die, Strongo!” The Bad Wizard laughed evilly.
“I don’t care what happens to me, just let Beautia go!” said Strongo.
“You fool!” The Bad Wizard laughed at him again. “She doesn’t love you! She’s been on my side all along!”
“You’re a liar!” yelled Strongo. He couldn’t believe it!
“I’ll prove it!” said the Bad Wizard. He looked at Beautia and gave her orders. “Press the button to lower Strongo into the alligator pit!”
Beautia reached out to push the button but didn’t push it. She didn’t want to.
“Push the button!” the Bad Wizard shouted at her.
Beautia looked up at Strongo. “I’m sorry,” she said.
A tear fell out of her blue eye and she pressed the button.
“No!” Strongo cried. The machines started to lower him down.
The alligators jumped out of the water and snapped at Strongo’s feet. They couldn’t wait to eat him!
“Goodbye forever, Strongo!” the Bad Wizard laughed and started to go upstairs. “With Strongo out of the way, I’m free to work my evil magic all over the world!”
Beautia took one last look at Strongo and followed her master up the stairs. The Bad Wizard closed and locked the door behind them.
Strongo was getting lower. The alligators were getting closer.
Just a few more inches and they could jump high enough to bite his legs off!
Just then, Weeko appeared!
“Weeko!” said Strongo. “What are you doing here?”
“I followed you,” said Weeko. “I knew it was a trap.”
Weeko pressed the button to lift Strongo away from the alligator pit. Then he pulled the levers to move Strongo away from the pit and set him down.
“I should have listened to you, Weeko,” said Strongo. “Now we’re both trapped in here.”
“You’re strong enough to break the door,” said Weeko. “You’ll get us out.”
Strongo went over to the door and pulled it as hard as he could, but the door wouldn’t open. He punched it and kicked it with all his strength, but it wouldn’t break.
“It’s no use, Weeko; my heart is broken. I have no strength left,” said Strongo. He sat down on the ground and looked sad. “I lost you and then I lost Beautia. I’m all alone.”
Weeko sat down and hugged his strong friend.
“You’re not alone,” said Weeko. “I still like you.”
Strongo looked into Weeko’s eyes. They were both brown.
“I still like you, too,” said Strongo. His face got close to Weeko. Weeko closed his eyes.
“I also like you, Strongo,” said Beautia. She was looking through the bars on the little window in the door.
“Beautia!” Strongo stood up.
Weeko frowned at her.
“Aren’t you on the Bad Wizard’s side?” he asked.
“I switched sides,” said Beautia. She unlocked the door and opened it for them.
“How do I know it’s not another trick?” asked Strongo.
“I’ll prove it!” said Beautia.
“How?” asked Strongo.
“Like this!” Beautia jumped up to Strongo and kissed him right on the lips! She kissed him so hard that Strongo knew it was true love.
Weeko couldn’t believe it!
“Now do you believe me?” asked Beautia.
“Yes!” said Strongo. “Let’s go get the Bad Wizard!”
All three of them ran up the stairs.
The Bad Wizard was working on an evil spell when Strongo suddenly burst into the room!
“Strongo! How did you escape!” yelled the Bad Wizard.
“I let him out,” said Beautia. “I’m not on your side anymore!”
“I’ll destroy you for this!” growled the Bad Wizard.
“You won’t destroy her because I’ll destroy you first,” said Strongo.
“But you don’t even have a sword!” laughed the Bad Wizard. “If you touch me, I’ll turn your hands to dust with my magic!”
“I have your spare sword, Strongo,” said Weeko. He took Strongo’s spare sword out of his pack and gave it to his friend.
“Oh no!” was the last thing the Bad Wizard said before Strongo chopped off his head. Blood splashed everywhere.
“That’s the end of that,” said Weeko.
“Think again, fools!” The Bad Wizard’s voice laughed. They all looked around to see where it was coming from.
“The crystal ball!” said Beautia.
The Bad Wizard’s face was in the crystal ball.
“You only killed one of my copies,” laughed the Bad Wizard. “The real me is still alive, and I’ll make you pay for what you’ve done!”
Beautia lifted the crystal ball off its pedestal and smashed it on the ground.
“Shut up,” she told it.
Strongo, Weeko, and Beautia all laughed together.

The End

Strongo's adventures aren't over! What will happen to him next?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uncle Enzo
Apr 28, 2008

I always wanted to be a Wizard
Excited to see if Weeko finally gets what he's been dreaming of. By story-logic, him doing nice things for Strongo will pay off aaaaany day now. 3/5

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider
Not bad, just like that one episode of [all 90's Saturday morning cartoons]. I liked the part where her rear end was black.

Weeko definitely posts here.

Shifty gimbal fucked around with this message at 14:47 on Aug 8, 2019

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
that's a lot of words to say that you want to see a buff barbarian bang a sexy frankenstein monster girl

but still, 8/10. While the prose was sometimes a bit too wordy for my tastes; the action, love and suspense made it a page turner (or rather uh mouse scroller?), and its deep themes of friendship, trust and love worked particularly well in this epic tale of heroic fantasy. Also it would be funny if the Bad Wizard used his magic to turn into a girl ahahah as a way to trick Strongo into kissing him on the lips ahahah that would be just pure devillish

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I hope you don't mind some Strongo-verse fan art

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Creamed Cormp posted:

I hope you don't mind some Strongo-verse fan art

This is exactly how Strongo looks in my mind.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
I think that weeko has a crush on strongo, please read my 300 page fanfic about it.

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

<touch penises>

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Colonel Cancer posted:

I think that weeko has a crush on strongo, please read my 300 page fanfic about it.

weeko definitely has a crush on strongo in fact of course

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

"It is too bad that Beautia left me. I am sad" said Strongo. Weako patted him on his sweaty muscular shoulder, silently.

"But at least I still have you Weako" Strongo continued. Without saying a word, Weako reached for a deep passionate kiss.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

And then they totally made out and stuff

JelloHelmet
Nov 4, 2012
Fun Shoe
Hot

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Oh, Weeko! Will you ever learn?

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug
Weeko is loyal. In a shifting world, that's worth something.

Fish God
Aug 4, 2019

"god trainer" for future generations
Strongo should have a big brother Strongero

Onkel Hedwig
Jun 27, 2007

I can't tell if this is Weeko or Strongo, I mean look at the size of that backpack.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Onkel Hedwig posted:

I can't tell if this is Weeko or Strongo, I mean look at the size of that backpack.

That's clearly Beautia

Angstrom Gothington
Feb 19, 2007

Raise your arms in the big black sky, raise your arms the highest you can, so the whole universe will glow.
Just started reading "The Dying Earth" by Jack Vance and this is pretty much it, if Strongo was also a wizard. Though your dialogue is somehow less stilted?

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Strongo’s next adventure takes him to the depths of the savage sea! What dangers will he face there? Stay tuned!

Angstrom Gothington posted:

Just started reading "The Dying Earth" by Jack Vance and this is pretty much it, if Strongo was also a wizard. Though your dialogue is somehow less stilted?

I don’t have time to fully go into depth about how much I want to dispute this, but hopefully you keep reading and learn better.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Applewhite posted:

Strongo’s next adventure takes him to the depths of the savage sea! What dangers will he face there? Stay tuned!

I don’t have time to fully go into depth about how much I want to dispute this, but hopefully you keep reading and learn better.

Are you saying your dialogue is equally stilted?

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Who What Now posted:

Are you saying your dialogue is equally stilted?

Jack Vance is actually really good and I'd be so lucky to have his grasp of wry humor and vocabulary.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
I have never read Jack Vance but I have read Jack Handy

Spazzle
Jul 5, 2003

This isaac asimov idiot sounds like a real jerk

Necros
Jul 23, 2003

Truly this story made me feel things I didn't know I could feel.

Yvershek
Nov 15, 2000

and there are no
diamonds in the
mine
Soon to be the undispusted best writing on how Ronald met Nancy Reagan.

Weeko will die of AIDS

Miserable Maid
Apr 22, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
10/10, amazing tale of heroism and friendship!! I'd love to buy a box set of the Strongo the Warrior novels

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Strongo fucks

magic cactus
Aug 3, 2019

We lied. We are not at war. There is no enemy. This is a rescue operation.
I want to read about the lethargic stream-of-consciousness ramblings of Strongo's fuckup Wizard cousin, Bongo. Best Strongoverse character imo.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Nooner posted:

Strongo fucks

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Miserable Maid posted:

10/10, amazing tale of heroism and friendship!! I'd love to buy a box set of the Strongo the Warrior novels

For just $19.99 you can own all fourteen volumes! Including:

Strongo Vs. The Devil Men

Strongo and the Black Serpent

Strongo and the Chasm of Terror!

Terror of the Magma Men!

Strongo at the Center of the Earth

The Bad Wizard's Revenge

And many more!

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
Strongo is realo and strongo and is my friendo.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Sorry for the wait. This story is a little longer than Strongo's first adventure. I hope you don't mind a little romance!

Temptations of the Fish Prince

"This is a starfish," said Strongo. He held up a starfish.
"Starfish," Beautia repeated.
"This is a seashell," said Strongo. He held up a seashell.
"Seashell," Beautia repeated. She reached out to touch the shell. Its spiral shape was lovely to her.
Strongo was teaching Beautia all about the world. The Bad Wizard had created Beautia in his lab as a trap for Strongo, but Strongo had rescued her and now she was on his side. She didn't know anything because she'd only been alive for a few days. Today, Strongo was teaching her about the beach.
"If you hold the shell up to your ear, you can hear the ocean, see?" Strongo held the shell up to Beautia's ear.
"Actually, this makes it harder to hear the ocean," said Beautia.
Strongo laughed. There were so many things Beautia still didn't understand.
Weeko followed behind Strongo and Beautia. Weeko was Strongo's best friend and helped carry all of their things in his backpack. The backpack was extra heavy now because he was also carrying all of Beautia's things. The heavy backpack made it hard for him to keep up, so he was far away when he saw the shark sneaking up on Strongo and Beautia!
"Look out!" yelled Weeko. "It's a shark!"
"What?" Strongo looked up just as the huge shark leaped out of the water right at Beautia!
"Get away!" Strongo pushed Beautia out of the shark's way and grabbed its mouth. The shark tried to chomp him but Strongo was strong enough to hold the Shark's mouth open.
"Didn't your mother ever tell you not to bite girls?" said Strongo. The shark roared and thrashed its tail, but Strongo had it in a chokehold and it couldn't escape.
Strongo had pushed Beautia so hard she'd landed on her bottom. It still hurt even though it was a soft landing.
Beautia was so busy watching Strongo fight the shark, she didn't see the fish men sneaking up behind her!
Weeko saw the fish men and he opened his mouth to yell and warn her, but then he changed his mind. He still didn't like Beautia very much. Maybe if the fish men took her, Strongo would spend more time with him again!
The fish men grabbed Beautia and started to pull her into the water. They covered her mouth so she couldn't scream for help. Strongo didn’t see because he was fighting the shark. Goodbye, Beautia!
But then Weeko felt guilty and changed his mind again.
"Strongo! Fish men are taking Beautia!" he yelled.
Strongo looked back and saw one of Beautia's black-skinned arms waving and her pink legs kicking as she tried to escape the fish men dragging her into the sea.
"Beautia!" yelled Strongo.
He squeezed the shark until its head popped off like a cork and sprayed blood everywhere, then he ran into the water after Beautia.
Weeko dropped his backpack on the sand and ran into the water after Strongo.
Strongo was very good at holding his breath and could swim very fast, he swam so fast he almost caught the fish men, but just as he was about to grab Beautia’s leg, he got tangled in seaweed!
The fish men stuck their blue tongues out at Strongo and pulled Beautia even deeper underwater. Their toes had webs like a frog and could swim very fast. Strongo screamed but only bubbles came out. Beautia disappeared into the darkness. He couldn’t follow her because had to swim back to the surface for air.
Weeko dog-paddled over to his friend.
“I guess Beautia is gone forever,” said Weeko.
“I’ll get her back!” said Strongo.
“You can’t breathe underwater, Strongo,” said Weeko. “And you don’t know where she’s gone.”
“I’ll find her! Even if I have to empty the whole ocean!” yelled Strongo. He splashed in the water angrily.
“We should come up with a better plan,” said Weeko.

The Bad Wizard had built Beautia with very big lungs and she could hold her breath almost as long as Strongo, but not longer than the fish men. Her breath ran out. She closed her eyes and got ready to drown.
“Goodbye, Strongo, my love,” said Beautia.
“Who is Strongo?” someone asked.
Beautia opened her eyes. She was startled to see that she was still alive! And she could breathe! There was a fish man sitting on the rock next to her. He was the one who’d asked her the question.
She was still underwater, but there was a bubble of air around her head like a soap bubble.
“How?” she asked.
“Bubble magic,” said the fish man. His purple eyes sparkled. He wasn’t like the fish men who’d grabbed her. They had horrible fish faces and bulging eyes. This fish man had a handsome face and normal-sized eyes. He had blue skin and strong, smooth muscles. They weren’t as big as Strongo’s muscles, but they were covered in glittery scales. He was only wearing swimming shorts and nothing else except for a necklace with a spiral shell on it like the one Strongo had shown her earlier. He was also wearing a gold crown.
“What’s that on your head?” asked Beautia. She hadn’t learned what crowns were yet.
“That’s my crown,” said the handsome fish man. “I’m a prince.”
“What’s a prince?” asked Beautia.
The prince laughed. “It means I’m the son of the king. Once I am married, this will all become my kingdom.”
The prince twirled around in the water. Beautia looked at the place around her. She was in a beautiful underwater coral palace full of colorful underwater plants and creatures. She swam over to the window and looked out. There was a whole underwater city! The streets were full of fish people going in and out of underwater houses. Instead of horses they rode seahorses. Instead of herding sheep, they herded sea-sheep. Instead of pet cats they had pet squids. It was all so strange and wonderful!
“I have a present for you,” said the Fish Prince. He took off his seashell necklace and put it around Beautia’s neck.
“Now you can do bubble magic,” said the prince.
Beautia held the amulet and wished for bubbles. Bubbles of all different colors appeared and she laughed.
“Do you like it?” asked the prince.
“It’s so wonderful!” said Beautia. “I wish I could stay here forever!”
The Fish Prince smiled very happily when she said this.
“Does this mean you’ll marry me?” he asked.
“What is ‘marry?’” asked Beautia.
“When two people love each other more than anyone else in the world, they marry,” said the Fish Prince.
“Oh, I see,” said Beautia. She understood. “So I would marry Strongo!”
“No, you would marry me,” said the Fish Prince. “I love you!”
“But I love Strongo,” said Beautia. Now she was confused again.
“Does Strongo love you?” asked the Fish Prince.
“Of course he does!” answered Beautia.
“But he pushed you and hurt you,” said the Fish Prince. “I saw it.”
“That was an accident,” said Beautia.
“I would never push you or hurt you, not even by accident,” said the Fish Prince. He reached out and rubbed her shoulder. His hands were cold like a fish and she shivered.
“I think I want to go back to the surface,” said Beautia.
The Fish Prince pretended not to be upset. He put on a fake smile.
“How long have you known Strongo?” asked the Fish Prince.
“Three days,” said Beautia.
“Then stay with me for three days, and at the end of the three days, you can decide who you love best. That will be fair,” said the Fish Prince.
Beautia didn’t want to be unfair.
“Ok,” she agreed.
The Fish Prince smiled for real this time.

It was nighttime. Weeko built a fire on the beach and cut open fish to cook.
“We should take off our clothes so they can get dry,” said Weeko.
It was cold on the beach with no clothes on and Strongo and Weeko were both shivering.
“We should lie down and hug each other to stay warm,” said Weeko.
Strongo didn’t say anything, but he lay down on the sand and let Weeko hug him. Strongo’s muscles were big and warm.
“I wish I was hugging Beautia,” said Strongo.
“Beautia is dead by now,” said Weeko. “You should forget about her.”
“Beautia is not dead,” said Strongo. “I can feel it in my heart.”
Weeko should have been happy because he had Strongo all to himself, but it made him sad that Strongo was sad, and he felt bad that he didn’t warn Beautia about the fish men. After Stongo fell asleep, Weeko got up and walked along the beach to think.
It was lucky that he did, because when he got back, he saw two fish men sneaking up on Strongo!
“This is the one the Fish Prince told us to kill,” said the first fish man.
“It’s a good thing he’s asleep. He’d be too strong to fight if her were awake,” said the other one.
They lifted up their tridents to stab Strongo!
“Strongo, wake up!” Weeko shouted. He pushed the fish men and ruined their aim.
The fish men were stronger than Weeko and they knocked him down.
“Now you will die, air-breather!” said the fish men. They lifted up their tridents to stab Weeko!
Just before they could stab Weeko, Strongo grabbed the fish men by the necks and squeezed them until their bulging eyes were almost popping out of their heads! The fish men dropped their tridents. Strongo lifted them up into the air. He was much taller than they were.
“You won’t hurt my friend Weeko!” he growled at them.
“Please, let us go! We’re sorry!” said one of the fish men. His voice was squeaky because he was being choked.
Strongo set the fish men down.
“I’ll let you go if you take me to Beautia,” said Strongo. “I know she’s alive.”
“We can’t take you to her,” said the first fish man. “You’ll drown without gills.”
“Do you have gills?” asked Strongo.
“Of course,” said the fish men.
“Then I guess I’ll use yours,” said Strongo. He cut off both their heads in one swing of his sword.
Weeko took the fish men’s skulls out with his fish knife. He and Strongo put the fish men’s faces on like masks.
“Now we can breathe underwater!” said Weeko.
They stuck their heads under water and tried to breathe. It worked!
“The gills on these fish mans’ heads are turning the water into air, just like a real fish!” said Weeko.
Strongo and Weeko jumped into the water and swam down to find Beautia.

Strongo and Weeko searched all day for Beautia. Finally they saw lights.
“Look! Lights!” Weeko pointed.
They swam closer and saw that the lights came from an underwater city!
They saw the coral palace in the center of the city. Beautia was standing on one of the towers.
“I see Beautia!” said Strongo. He swam faster to get to her.
“Look out, Strongo!” yelled Weeko. “Fish guards!”
Twenty fish man guards swam up from the sea floor to stop Strongo.
“You won’t stop me from rescuing Beautia!” Strongo yelled. He slashed at the fish men with his sword. They were no match for Strongo. He cut them to pieces until they were all dead floating in a red cloud of blood.
“You made sushi out of them!” said Weeko.
Strongo swam up to Beautia.
“I’ve come to rescue you!” said Strongo.
“I don’t need to be rescued,” she told him.
“What?” Strongo was surprised. “Why not?”
“Because she is my guest.” The Fish Prince stepped out from behind a coral pillar.
“Who are you?” asked Strongo. He pointed his sword at the Fish Prince.
“I am the Fish Prince,” answered the Fish Prince. “I am in love with Beautia.”
“I’m already in love with Beautia!” said Strongo.
“She loves me more,” said the Fish Prince. “I have a kingdom.”
“Then I will destroy your kingdom!” yelled Strongo. He started to smash the coral palace with his fists.
“What are you doing?” yelled the Fish Prince.
“Stop! Stop!” yelled Beautia.
Strongo did not stop. He kept breaking up the palace with his fists. Sharp chunks of coral flew everywhere. A piece of sharp coral cut Beautia’s shoulder.
“Ow!” Tears came out of Beautia’s blue eye.
She punched Strongo. “You hurt me!”
Beautia’s punch didn’t hurt Strongo even a tiny bit, but it surprised him and he stopped smashing things.
“It was an accident,” said Strongo.
“The Fish Prince was right. You don’t love me as much as he does!” said Beautia.
“That’s not true!” said Strongo.
“Go away, Strongo, before you hurt me again!” yelled Beautia.
“Yes, go away,” said the Fish Prince. He put his hand on Beautia’s cut shoulder.
“But, but!” said Strongo.
Beautia turned her back on him. “I don’t want you to talk to me.”
Strongo swam away. He was too sad to say anything else.
Weeko stayed behind.
“Am I still allowed to talk to you?” asked Weeko.
“You should go away,” said the Fish Prince.
“Weeko is still allowed to talk to me. He never hurt me,” said Beautia.
“That’s not true,” said Weeko.
“What?” Beautia looked surprised.
“I saw the fish men sneaking up on you, but didn’t warn you,” said Weeko. “I wanted them to take you away.”
“You are a good friend, Weeko,” said the Fish Prince. “It was good you let my fish men take Beautia away from Strongo. He didn’t love her enough. Maybe I should let you stay here in the palace with me and be my best friend.”
Weeko looked at the Fish Prince’s handsome face and smooth muscles. Should he make this handsome Fish Prince his new best friend instead of Strongo?
“No,” said Weeko. “I was a bad friend.”
The Fish Prince frowned. His purple eyes started to turn red.
“I wanted the fish men to take you because Strongo loves you more than me,” Weeko told Beautia.
“But, Strongo loves you so much!” said Beautia.
“Not as much as you,” said Weeko. “He loves you so much that he knew you were alive when I thought you were dead.”
Beautia started to cry again.
“Guards, seize him! He made the princess cry!” said the Fish Prince.
Strong fish guards grabbed Weeko. The Fish Prince made the sign to kill Weeko by drawing his finger across his throat like a knife. The fish guards pulled off Weeko’s fish mask.
Bubbles came out of Weeko’s mouth. He started to drown!
Beautia thought fast. She used the magic seashell and made a bubble of air around Weeko’s head.
“No!” yelled the Fish Prince. He tried to take the magic shell away from Beautia. His sharp fingernails cut Beautia’s hand.
“Ow!” said Beautia. “You hurt me!”
“It was an accident!” said the Fish Prince.
Beautia used her bubble magic to trap the Fish Prince in a giant bubble.
“That was on purpose!” said Beautia.
“I can’t breathe air!” said the Fish Prince. “Guards! Help!”
The fish guards dropped Weeko and swam over to try and pop the prince’s bubble.
“Let’s go, Weeko!” Beautia grabbed Weeko’s hand and swam out the window.
“Stop them!” yelled the Fish Prince.
Fish guards swam after Beautia and Weeko. The guards were riding fierce sharks this time.
“They’ll catch us!” said Weeko.
Beautia blew bubbles at the guards, but the sharks just popped the bubbles with their teeth.
“Uh oh!” said Beautia.
Just then, Strongo appeared! He cut the guards with his sword. The blood made the sharks go crazy and the guards were eaten by their own sharks.
“We should get out of here,” said Strongo.
They all swam as fast as they could to the surface.

They made it safely back to the beach.
“Why did you come back to save me?” asked Beautia. “I told you to go away.”
“My heart told me that you were in danger. I couldn’t stay away,” said Strongo.
“Your heart was right,” said Beautia. She kissed him on the lips.
“I’m sorry I keep changing sides,” said Beautia.
Strongo hugged her. “I don’t care how many times you switch sides, as long as you always end up by my side,” he said.
“We should get away from the beach,” said Weeko. He was scared the fish men would come after them.
“You’re right,” said Strongo. “Go get all our stuff.”
Weeko went to go get everybody’s stuff. Beautia saw how sad Weeko looked.
“Actually,” said Beautia. “I think I should carry my own stuff from now on.”
“If you want,” said Strongo. “I guess I’ll carry my own stuff from now on, too.”
“No!” said Weeko. “I want to carry your stuff, Strongo.”
“Ok, ok!” said Strongo.
“I can do bubble magic now!” said Beautia. She used her seashell to make beautiful bubbles. One of them got stuck on Weeko’s head. They all laughed.

Back underwater, the fish guards came back to tell the prince what happened.
“The air-breathers escaped, your highness,” said the guard.
The Fish Prince was so angry he had all the guards killed. He looked up at the surface.
“You only escaped for now, Beautia,” said the Fish Prince. “I swear I will destroy Strongo, and then your heart will belong to me!”

The End

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Hahahaha this is good stuff

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Post a title/summary for the next Strongo adventure you want to see. I might pick it. Otherwise I’m doing Strongo and the Black Serpent next.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
Hi Applewhite! I'm Andrew and I work with Netflix. Have you optioned off your story to anyone? If not then we at Netflix would love to get together with you and discuss some things. Please reach out to us as soon as you can. We're very excited to speak with you!

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Gaunab posted:

Hi Applewhite! I'm Andrew and I work with Netflix. Have you optioned off your story to anyone? If not then we at Netflix would love to get together with you and discuss some things. Please reach out to us as soon as you can. We're very excited to speak with you!

This is a dream come true! Where do I sign?

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
You're also welcome to write your own Strongo installment, though I should warn you it's harder than it looks.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Weeko may be scrawny and physically pathetic, but his heart is as big as his friend Strongo's everything is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

RBA Starblade posted:

Weeko may be scrawny and physically pathetic, but his heart is as big as his friend Strongo's everything is

Weeko is a complicated man of many powerful emotions. He is definitely the breakout character of the series so far.